Anxiety Community
Squeezing Discomfort top-front of head.

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

Squeezing Discomfort top-front of head.

Sometimes I get these feelings that are hard to describe, but it almost feels like my skin on top of my head is squeezing.  Right above my forehead in the hairline.  I have had an MRI w/ and w/o dye done and it came back ok.  I had the brain wave test done, I forgot what it is called.  That came back ok.  My blood work, including thyroid tests came back ok.  I had a CAT scan of my sinuses done and that was fine as well.  I don't know what's wrong with me, right now I am seeing a neurologist who beleives that it is anxiety related (after all the test came back ok), I am just wondering if it could be anything else that they missed.  I am worried a lot and currently I am taking paxil 12.5mg.  Please let me know if any of you have similar symptoms.
It seems that they have done a pretty thorough work up on you so far. You can have all kinds of strange feelings in your head from anxiety. I get prickly and tingly on my head. You have to hang in there and trust your doctors. I know its hard, but you don't want the anxiety to take over your life. It takes away so much. Keep in touch.

Tara
Thank you for the support.  
do you ever get a sore neck? Before, durring or after?
Are you getting headaches?  What other symptoms do you have? I have a sister that had the tightening feeling of the skin on her forehead just a few years ago......... Is there any other symptoms you can explain, anything, even if you don't think it's related.....
Before I started taking paxil, i would have much more frequent and a larger range of symptoms.  I would get tightness in the neck, sometimes lower back pain, weakness in the calves, thighs, and arms (between biceps and triceps).  I would tremble, i would get head aches (not too often though), I would get chest pain.  Pressure in different parts of the head (mostly the front and top).  Sometimes I would wake up gasping for air in the middle of the night.  Sometimes my hard would feel like it is skipping beats, or just starts beating fast for no reason...  That's all I can think of for now.
You describe me perfectly --- MRI, CT, all normal.  Also CT angio of heart showed it in great shape. Etc.  Finally, in despertion, and trying to avoid meds, I went to a chiropractor for the first time ever.  I finally reasoned that I had stressed nerves, or something, and it couldn't HURT ME to try a chiro for once in my life.  I found one who practiced the "Activator" method - and after the first visit I knew I was on the right track.  After TWO visits my BP dropped to normal instantly and my heart quit raching.  The squeezing feeling in my head was gone.  I have gone 4 times now and my life has returned to normal within this very short time and I feel like my "old self".  The MD's had passed me off as "anxiety" but I couldn't believe that was true -- and the heart beating fast or skipping beats was a sure sign to me that something was stressing my central nervous system.  What do you have to loose to try a chiro?  
10356, and Jade59 commented on stilltrying1965's status
1 hr ago
tabbed09 commented on I just wish people wo...
specialmom commented on specialmom's status
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms