Anxiety Community
Stiff neck + anxiety

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Stiff neck + anxiety

I've been having a stiff neck on the lower back of my neck near my upper back which bothers me whenever I look up. I always worry about things and whenever I check about it I see things relating to meningitis which freaks me out. Know if anything is wrong? And I had a very slight headache but I think that's from the creatine I just started taking today.

I started panicking a little and took a shower and an hour later my temperature was 99.1 which is making me panic even more. Please help.  
Have you seen a doctor about your neck pain?  We are not able to give you any kind of diagnosis over the internet.  Mots likely it is a strain, or tension related, but it never hurts to have a doctor check you out.  As for scary things like meningitis, put it out of your head.  You would have other symptoms that would have landed you in the ER.

Have you ever sought professional help for anxiety?
My temperature went down to 98.68 now.
This happened to me when i first began my meds-I had a horrible stiff neck and a fever---it went away by itself.  I realise that these were possible side effects of the treatment..however being the classic panic/anxiety sufferer i kept obsessing and looking up reasons for how I was feeling.  Until I began to understand why and what it was I was feeling.  Monitor it--if you begin to feel worse seek medical attn.  However if you have just begun anxiety/panic disorder treatment--headache--slight fever--horrible stiff neck/joint pain usually accompanies it.  Hope this helped.
Many of us that have anxiety also have neck and back problems. It's because of us tightening our muscles. I would recommend seeing a Chiropractor. I see one and it really helps. They can put heat on your back and neck, or ice. And give you an adjustment. It really does help. I always leave feeling so much calmer.
The only issue with that is I do not have insurance :(. I know it's not meningitis since I've had this for around a week now and that hits in 1-3 days severely, but I keep stressing over what it is..
The stiffness is worse in the morning if that helps too.
I also have a headache now which is annoying me but I think it's from the Creatine I just started taking.
apply cold presses to the area--I am not a fan of chiropractors--but i used hot and cold compresses to ease mine--especially on morning when you just wake from sleep--that sore area is even more stiff...first thing on mornings treat it with a hot and cold compress (interchanging) it really helps.  At night you can rub with bengay--or any other liniment that gives heat.  Headaches are probably from the meds
By the way, as for the stiff neck I can't really explain the pain. It's a dull pain I feel only when I bend my neck backwards but in a way that I'm basically stretching my neck to go backwards.
Anyone?

I had this exact thing happen to me. One day I had a stiff neck and nausea so I look up the symptoms on the internet and the first thing that pops up is meningitis. After I read the symptoms, I immediately passed out. I am not sure why I passed out. It might of been caused from low blood sugar.  I experienced ongoing panic attacks for about a month along with what I believe  psychotic symptoms. I went to the emergency room twice and they said it was just anxiety.  
I'd love to although my parents just tell me to suck it up and we do not have insurance.
That's exactly what my parents are saying; it's hard not to think about it though. It seems like the stress is giving me very mild headaches throughout the day.
man get ur c1 and spine looked to by a chiro
i promise u in a few weeks of seeing a chiro ur mood will improve dramatically
my c1 was out pinching a nerv 3 weeks with a chiro them bam  numbness in the skull gone
Well it's been around almost 2 weeks and the pain is slowly subsiding although I feel it slightly as-well as in the morning. I think i may have messed something up in my back or neck?
IBKleen commented on Rosy?
1 hr ago
I'm a hopeless ugly man :(
2 hrs ago by RT93
jugglin commented on Rosy?