Anxiety Expert Forum
Stimulant Withdrawal
About This Forum:

This expert forum is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders. All questions will be answered by a medical professional or expert.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Stimulant Withdrawal

I recently stopped taking a dietary supplement that contained a CNS stimulant called 1,3-dimethylamylamine. I know this compound is closely related to amphetamine in chemical structure. I had been taking the supplement almost daily for probably close to two years. There is not very much research on this compound and I was wondering if it would make sense that I would get symptoms similar to amphetamine withdrawal (anxiety, irritability, mood swings, lack of focus, fatigue, sleep problems, appetite problems, no motivation, loss of interest)? I have had these symptoms for upwards of a month now but I did not associate it with my supplement until now, so when I would start to feel better I would take a little bit of it. Note that I am a 21 year old male who exercises frequently, eats healthy, and has no history of any of these symptoms.