Stopping Effexor XR 75mg .. withdrawls.. help!
I am wondering if anyone else out there has been on Effexor XR 75 mg before and had to be taken off of it. My OB doctor switched my med's recently because my anxiety in this pregnancy has been way too extreme and I am wondering if some of the feelings I have been having could be from changing the med's.

I have been dizzy and light headed .. sometimes feel like the world is spinning and I am getting headaches. I am looking for anyone else who has been on this med and taken off of it before. I was wondering if they too had these effects and if so how long did it last!
I had to stop taking effexor because of the side effects. Generally side effects for a new medication like an anti-depressant, you need to give it 2-4 weeks and things simmer down.

You need to decide for yourself if the good outweighs the bad, and then speak to your doctor. Please, please, don't stop taking them outright, figure out a weening plan with your doc.
My Ob doc told me stop taking the Effexor xr then the next day start the Zoloft and Buspar. The pharmacist told me that the withdrawls should be lessened because I am switching med's.

All I know is I am suffering from SEVERE anxiety and panic attacks and fears during this pregnancy and NEED help! I am just trying to find out how long these withdrawls are going to last!
Effoerex causes birth defects