Stopping Klonopin
Hi everyone,
I am currently tapering slowly off of the SNRI pristiq.  I am deathly afraid for day 3 after not taking them anymore that's when the withdrawals kick in!  I went through hell once but this time I am doing it very slowly breaking them in half.  Anyway despite that I was taking 2 Klonopin each day for almost a year and was able to cut it down to only 1.  Then eventually was able to do half a day then eventually not take any for a few days.  Well I can go about 4 or 5 days at most without taking any now and be ok and try to fight the panic.  After those days are up I think some crazy thought that my body needs it so i go and take it.  I want to just stop them and take whenever I need them or do I try and take ativan instead?  Am I thinking crazy here?
ask a doctor? i would just continue taking it i like it, and its been four months-drifter0213
You might be going through withdraws because of the half life of Klonopins, and how the build up accumulates 1.5 times withing a time frame, meaning that even though you take a pill say 3 days ago, there is potential for you not to feel withdraw until now.
Also, Klonopin is mainly a preventative Benzo that is best used at smaller doses twice a day, rather then 1 single large dose, it wasnt really made for "as needed"
do you have any different symptoms now then what you had from your anxiety before you ever took klonopin?
If the symptoms are different, then chances are its withdraw anxiety, if there the same, its probably just the Anxiety coming back.
I would go talk to a DR about it, and see what the best bet is.
Good Luck
Thanks I can't really tell the difference I know that sounds silly... I'm just completely confused and give up I don't know what else to do i'm sick of this... I mean don't get me wrong I am feeling a lil better, but I want to just scream!
I totally understand, dammed if you do dammed if you dont.
I figure just roll with the punch's, reinstate under a DRs supervision and ride it out.
Yep exactly!  Yes, I am going to go to the doctor Monday and see if she can give me something to just take as needed.
I stopped Klonopin as a sleeping pill (1 mg) after 14 yrs of nitely use. (started off with .05). I didn't know it was best NOT to go cold turkey until I was already 3 days in and I refused to put that crap in my system again. I saw my family dr., who monitored me and it took 5 weeks to recover. I just told myself all that anxiety was temporary as my CNS was deeply shocked when I stopped the klonopin use. It CAN be done cold turkey but allow yrself plenty of down time to rest and do nothing else except to allow yr body to recover. I accepted how bad and how sleepless I would be- and patiently waited. I am now 7 weeks out and I feel like my old self.  Just don't rush the healing. This is a powerful drug!