Anxiety Community
Storing urine in bottles in room

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Storing urine in bottles in room

Hi, I have read a previous writer's problem with her sister storing urine in her room.My son in law also does this.On questioning my daughter on the bottles of fluids she respoded that he is just lazy to go downstairs to the bathroom and too lazy to throw them out.
I had been living with them for a couple of years but this started surfacing about 6 months after their son's birth.They have a  troubled marraige.
A respondent to the previous writer wrote that her sister most likely has obsessive compulsive disorder tendencies.
He makes to do lists with even hours for sleep included,but except for sleep most of his lists never get done.
He started not going to work for days,sleeping till late, luckily he had days in lieu. Then he resigned and started working on contract base with to do lists and all.But now he stays home even more.He spends most of his day either sleeping or in front of computer!
Needless to say the situation in the house is very unbalanced and I have moved out.He is very unpredictable and you ever know when he is going to be in a good or bad mood and there to me seems to be a lot of pent up anger.
We are all currently living abroad so there is no family to help or ontervene except myself.
Is there any suggestions for how I go about helping them please?
This sounds like OCD but only a professional could diagnose this, and he may have other issues as well. It sounds like a volatile situation, and he definitely needs help.  Can you convince your daughter that there is a serious problem and she and her son may be in danger?  There is so much help for him, and no need for your daughter and grandson  to have to live like this.  If she can be convinced there is a problem, then maybe she can convince him to get help.  But at the same time you say his mood changes quickly so I would fear for her safety when suggesting he get help.  If you feel this is a dangerous situation, normally you could have an intervention and his wife could have him hospitalized to ensure everyone's safety and to get him the proper help. I don't know how things work in the UK, but somehow this man needs professional help.  Try talking to your daughter and go from there, hopefully she can convince him to get help, it has to be his decision.  I don't know how dangerous the situation is, but if you are fearing for your daughter and grandson's safety, you may want to get the proper authorities involved.  Good luck with this and take care.
Thank you for your feedback.
I did convince her he has problems.She got him to do a internet test for "depression" and he passed with flying colours!!! Almost all symptoms were relevant to him.
He has now asked for a seperation (need to be seperated for a period before you can divorce in UK).
Hopefully the mood swings will swing in the right directions at the right time so they can get sorted.
I am really sorry that he does not want anybody's help but the safety of my daughter and grandson are my main concern.
Once again thank you.
specialmom, Jade59, and nursegirl6572 commented on nursegirl6572's status
8 mins ago
nursegirl6572 Kitty Update...For all of y... Comment
45 mins ago
mishymoshymarcy "But if i keep going on, it... Comment