Anxiety Community
Stressed Out!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Stressed Out!!

Ok, So I think that I am either going crazy or I am overriacting. I am anxious to know how much of a toll stress can have on your body? Any help?
Welcome to the forum! We're glad you found us.

Stress affects all of us differently, but stress DOES affect all of us. It will manifest itself in a hundred different ways depending on the person, their emotional strengths and weaknesses, their physical health, the amount of family and friends offering support, how you personally deal with stress, for instance, do you sit and brood about it, worry constantly, isolate yourself, or do you find an outlet for the stress? Walking or jogging with friends, tennis, swimming, volunteering...........talking to a therapist if you are overwhelmed with stress.
Stress can increase our blood pressure, cause headaches, depression, irritability, illness, fatigue, anger, sadness............the list of what stress can can do to our minds and bodies is quite endless. But it does cause bad things to happen to good people if left untreated.
If you are in this situation, I would strongly urge you to look into some talk therapy. If your user name is any indication, and you're a military wife and mother, surely the base must have support groups for wives/husband who are on deployment, The stress, not only from the horrible fear your loved one may not return, but the stress of "doing it all " on top of that would break anybody.
If you are feeling some physical symptoms, please go see your doctor for a good check-up and let him/her know about your concerns with stress.
There is help for you, you just need to reach out for it.
And God bless you and your family for the sacrifice you're making for all of us.
Peace
Greenlydia      
I just want to thank you your comment has opened my eyes and I have followed a few of yours as well as my family's and friends. I went to the doctor today and from what she could see, she said that it sounds like I have syptoms (symptoms) of a fribroid. I get an ultrasound next week and hope all goes well.
nursegirl6572 commented on nursegirl6572's status
11 mins ago
Alnan commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
1 hr ago
blockhead123 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...