Sudden anxiety
So I'm a person who has struggled a little with anxiety when it comes to new situations, nothing that I couldn't deal with. Even though I have freaked out when something very new is about to occur, I have been able to tell myself that everything will be fine and that works. My life has been pretty much good lately, no new stresses or anything. About a month ago one morning I woke up with zero appetite (hasn't changed in a month). I literally feel like I cannot get the food down my mouth and was dry heaving when I tried. But the weird part is, I started freaking out about every little thing. Like I could not even face going to work or leaving my house. Its not that I am struggling with panic attacks its more of like a bad anxiety feeling in my gut every minute of the day. And very nauseous. I don't understand how someone could develop this level of anxiety over night!. And how my appetite is gone, considering I'm a stress eater. I got some general blood work done and everything there seems ok. I haven't been having any other physical symptoms, other than muscle cramps at night and headaches. Has anyone experienced anything like this?|?|?|
Yes and no.  When people get chronic anxiety or depression, it does seem like it comes on all of a sudden.  When you look back, you see the signs it was coming but because most people have some anxiety and some phobias, when it breaks out full bore it is pretty jarring.  In your case, because it's accompanied by this appetite thing, though, it does sound a bit different.  I'm wondering if something traumatic happened just before this started?  And I'm also thinking I'd get a much more complete physiological exam to rule out the hard to find things, such as thyroid problems, blood sugar imbalances, hormonal imbalances, etc.  There are a lot of things out there that can cause symptoms that resemble anxiety.  Only after ruling these out can you attribute it to a full breakout of a more severe mental illness that requires therapy and, if that fails, perhaps medication.  And not all anxiety diseases are panic attacks -- there's a condition called GAD, or Generalized Anxiety Disorder, that is pretty much ever-present anxiety.  Lots of fish in the anxiety sea.  Make sure if you do see a psychologist they specialize in treating anxiety -- most don't.  Good luck.
And I should add, lack of appetite can indicate depression, so again, anything happen that you might have internalized ?
Thank you for your response. I have been to a psychologist since this has occurred but am now considering medication as this is severely impacting my ability to function. It is just very out of character to feel anxious 24/7 when a day before I felt great -like I woke up a different person. I had been feeling a little uncertain about my future before this happened but I thought thats normal for my age (25). other than that i felt like i was in a good place emotionally
i thought it could be thyroid related but my gp said you are healthy this must be psychological
Did he give you the most thorough exam you've ever had?  Did he test you for your individual hormones or just TSH?  Most primary docs aren't very good at their jobs, their role in the current way medicine is practiced is to give you a drug for your symptoms or refer you to someone who has better training and experience.  The blood test for many unusual things exists, I've had them, and they're not the usual one.  I'd also suggest you've starved yourself of electrolytes, especially magnesium, which would account for the muscle cramps and the headaches.  If you do consider medication, see a psychiatrist, and a really good one, not your GP.  Good luck.