Anxiety Community
Sweating and shaky and embarrassing

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Sweating and shaky and embarrassing

I went to visit my daughter today in her 3rd grade class because all of the students had written their own story and today was story day and parents could come. I got there and come to find out that the parents were to go around the room and read the different books. I started on my daughter's first and I began sweating, I mean it was just rushing out of my body and I got so shaky. I assume this was a type of anxiety attack. All of these kids looking at me to read their books and then when I start sweating, bathed in my own sweat, I felt like they were looking more and harder. I am just afraid I really embarrassed my daughter and even cried a little bit when I got into my car and headed back to work.
It is possible you had a little bout of anxiety. The crying was likely due to feeling embarrassed, but don't be ! Anxiety can happen to anyone, anywhere, at any time. If the anxiety is persistent then you might want to look into seeing someone who can help teach you ways to cope with it. This also could have very well been an one time occurrence. Regardless, don't feel bad about it and know what happened is very common especially in stressful situations.
I know it was. I was just so sad. I never thought of such a thing from my parents.
Each generation is different as well as each individual.  Some people have anxiety/ panic attacks some don't, just as some people suffer from other ailments as well. Comparing ourselves to others doesn't help much either. We all do the best we can given the circumstances were are given. However, I still think talking to a therapist can help as I read your other board and having the feelings of hopelessness you have is something you don't have to go through life feeling.
You definitely had an anxiety attack. From your other post, you seem like you're dealing with a possible chemical imbalance, stress overload etc. Which will cause you to have anxiety/panic attacks. You should contact a doctor or mental health specialist and get some help. There's a lot out there, you don't have to live like this.
travel_melb commented on In hell right now
17 mins ago
travel_melb just over 24 hour since my ... Comment
45 mins ago
Amandag78 commented on 7+ months off Subutex...