Anxiety Community
Taking Buspar along with a benzo?

A community of people with Anxiety offering support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Taking Buspar along with a benzo?

i was curious, i suffer severe anxiety, almost to the point where its agoraphobia, but not as bad, i have researched many meds, and i know it varies between people but buspar takes a few weeks to work, so what i was thinking, i could have my doctor prescribe me that as well as a benzo, since the benzo is quicker to work until the buspar starts to kick in or would mixing these not be a good idea?
Avatar n tn
i would prefer to take benzos, because i have taken a few of them in the past, and out of 3 of the benzos i have taken, which include xanax, ativan and klonopin, klonopin made me feel horrible, very irritable and angry, and that was .5 mg, xanax of course worked the best out of all of them, but i dont see a physc. because im broke and im forced to only see a gp, im supposed to see him tomorrow, since gps arent neccesarily knowledgable of such extreme cases, how would i go about getting the right medication from him?
he gave me effexor last month for both depression and anxiety, the med hasnt helped at all with the anxiety and nothing with the depression...yet, but how can i make him understand the severity of what i am going through??
Jade59 commented on photo
Jade59, and 10356 commented on dominosarah's status
10356, and Jade59 commented on VICourageous's status
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms