Anxiety Community
Taking Celexa for two weeks

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Taking Celexa for two weeks

I have been taking celexa (20 mg) for two weeks for anxiety with Klonopin just when I need it.  I don't like the way the celexa is making me feel.  Do you think I will have any side effects only taking it for two weeks if I stop?
You may - each person is different, but I would slowly taper off of it just in case.  The last thing you need is to feel any crappier than you do right now.  And talk to your Dr too.

Good luck :)
I have been taking Celexa for two weeks and I have felt really tired every day.  I have lost a lot of my energy.  Is this what you are feeling?  It also makes me feel kinda numb, but my fear is that it is so hard to switch medications and I don't want to feel likeI did a couple of weeks ago.  I know that I am tired but at least I am not paniking! DOes that make any sense?  I would like to know what you decide to do!!  Thanks for posting this!!
I also just started taking Celexa- started at 10mg, then just went up to 20mg. it's been 3 weeks now, also with klonopin when needed. I too feel tired and just drained, i dont feel it working yet, but my doc is telling me to give it time to kick in.  So i am, going to keep strong and go day by day thinking i will feel better SOON!!  Keep us posted!
hey kris,
i too have been taking klonopin .5 and celexa 20 mg for 17 days. I have days that I feel good but today I am very anxious. They say to give it time, I am hoping and waiting to feel better soon too. Any kind words from guys tthat have been taking it longer for anxiety?
can anyone talk about kalms or st johns wort tablets  any good thanks for any help thinking of you all    marwil
If you're taking an anti-depressant med, you really can't pile St. John's wort on top of it since it might affect the same neurotransmitters (nobody knows how it actually works; there are only theories).  If you're not on medication, St. John's wort is used for depression, so it anxiety is your main problem it's not likely to help much.  As for "kalms," I don't know what that is.  If you're talking about Calms, a homeopathic remedy made by Hylands, it might help, it might not -- homeopathy is like that.  It can be tried easily, however, since there are no active ingredients there are no side effects or contraindications.  For a good basic synopsis, although fairly old now, of what natural remedies are used for anxiety try a book called Natural Highs by Hyla Cass, a psychiatrist at UCLA.  Generally natural remedies are combined for best effects; it's seldom one will work for something as complex as anxiety.  But it might.  You never know unless you try.  But the method is usually to combine things that control the adrenals, such as holy basil and ashwagandha, with anti-anxiety substances such as passionflower and kava, with the building blocks of neurotransmitters, such as B6 and 5-HTP.  Good luck.
I have been on Celexa - 40mg now for 2 months and maybe get out of bed twice a week. I can take a cat nap anywhere, even while standing.  Plus when I am out of bed I feel terrible. I thought maybe because doc switched me from cymbalta to celexa and it took time to get the cymbalta out of my system.  I was suppose to see doc yesterday and was looking so forward to it so he could change script but, my appt. was cancelled. : (  
Hi Kim, I was taking Celexa and Klonopin, but I felt like the Celexa had stopped working for me, so my Doctor switched me to Wellbutrin extended release and that seems to be working better for my depression. She did not taper me off, just switched me and I had no withdrawl (withdrawal) symptoms. Everyone is different tho...Take Care
I've been on Celexa for about 4 years.  When I first started taking the medication, it took about 3 weeks for it to work.  At first, I felt very tired and honestly really dazed and overall weird feeling. But, it passed shortly after. DO NOT TAKE ST. JOHN"S WORT while on an SSRI. It causes severe anxiety and fear.  In some people it even can cause suicidal thoughts.  I know this from personal use. I should have read more about it before I tried it!  Good thoughts to all with anxiety and depression!
I am a anxiety patient and I dont like the sude effects of klonopin .5 mg
meegWpaw commented on Scared and Confused
TinaR10 commented on renae176's status
TinaR10 commented on Moma_Cher's status