Tapering off of Lorazepam
I have been taking Lorazepam for about 8 years now.  My doctor has never objected to me tapering off of the medication, however, I find it extremely difficult to do so.  My Dr. said that i have been taking this medication for so long, that it actually has an adverse effect (point being, I take it so i don't get withdrawal symptoms vs. taking it for anxiety like it was originally prescribed for).

I currently take 1mg in the morning and then 1mg at night.  I have decided to start reducing it by .25mg for each dosage.  I have been through about 30 hours thus far but i am experiencing a really bad headached (over the scalp area) and feel like i am "out in the clouds".  I can deal with it without reaching for the bottle, however, I would love to know how long these symptoms take to leave your system?  

Also, does taking medications such as Lexapro and Lamictal help reduce the withdrawal symptoms?  (I was finally diagosed correctly with Bi-Polar disorder and these medications have really turned my life around).

Back to lorazepam, I think i have a better chance of getting off of this medication by going "cold turkey".
I'm not sure why, exactly, you think you have a better chance going off of it "cold turkey".  You have been taking it for 8 years now.  Quitting a benzo cold-turkey is not like quitting smoking.  You are at risk for seizures, rebound anxiety, headaches, tension, depression,    insomnia, confusion, dizziness, personality changes, tachycardia, heart palpitations, hallucinations, memory loss, panic attacks, etc.

Sound like something you want to do cold-turkey?

If you think you feel "out in the clouds" now, wait until day 2-3 of quitting cold-turkey.

Why don't you run this by your doctor and see how quickly he/she tries to talk you out of it.

In short: BAD IDEA!
you are right, just was having an awful day! Thanks man.
Hi all. I've started taking lorazepam about a month ago only. But I only take .25mg each time, and not on a daily basis, though there were times when I'd take it in consecutive days whenever I suddenly felt nervous or had a panic attack.

In most cases, I couple this with a 10mg inderal given that I've always worried experiencing palpitations whenever I get tensed or hypertensive.

Is this a good combination at all and would the withdrawal symptoms be greater should I decide to quit taking lorazepam?