Anxiety Community
Tea's and anxiety

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Tea's and anxiety

So I have been reading that some tea's are good for anxiety to help relive us from some of the symptoms, I noticed a lot of talk about peppermint tea, lavender tea, Chamomile tea, and green tea.

Some people have said that green tea increased anxiety symptoms and other said it didn't, then I hear that Chamomile tea is awesome to help calm your mind and nerves as well as the peppermint tea and lavender well that always seems to have a relaxing effect on people.

I don't know what to try out here as there are many different kinds that I have read that give good benefit's, what would you guy's suggest for me? I ask for a suggestion as I only been battling anxiety for 1 year and maybe would get good advice from someone with more experience with anxiety..

Thanks for the help :)
Green tea has l-theanine in it. I don't know a lot about it, but it has calming properties. However, if you're sensitive to caffeine, there is enough caffeine in green tea to make some people anxious. If caffeine is an issue for you, definitely stick to herbals. It's best to just try it out for yourself. Chamomile definitely has calming effects for a lot of people. Lavender can also be nice. There isn't exactly a wrong choice, it's just based on what your body responds best to.
Meganann123 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
1 hr ago
Jade59, and CRSeaside commented on CRSeaside's status
melimeli commented on mhv's status