Anxiety Community
Temporary Blurry vision, anxiety symptom- ativan side effect?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Last night, as I was watching a movie on the computer i had blurry vision. I have 20/20 vision and never had issues in the past. Of course the symptom (Health anxiety) caused a full on panic attack and in between attacks I tend to cry and it started to go away.

Any thoughts?
Not really sure if that is ativan that did that to you or not.I took a ativan which i didn't have any symptoms but then again people are different so not sure..
I have been taking ativan for several months now, and never had an issue with taking it, but am not sure if blurry vision could be caused by anxiety in general. I had not taken it yet, i need to be better about taking it earlier in the evening. I did end up in the ER, with them saying nothing is wrong ( happens alot) and saying to see an eye doctor which I will be doing in the morning. Has anyone else ever had blurry vision as a result of anxiety? Its not that everything was blurry just smaller words, so i guess clouded vision.
Well I have trouble sometimes with my eyes sometimes mine get blurry and sometimes i see spots I am about to make a appointment with a eye doctor myself to get my eyes check.But anxiety does do weird things with your eyes anxiety can make your eyes foggy, distored, blurred vision, so i am pretty sure its your anxiety that is triggering your eyes to do what they are doing but i would just make sure that is what it is but anxiety does weird things to your body...
Computers can also play havoc with the eyes.  Did you get a really bad headache after the blurry vision?  If so, could be migraines.
Tunnel Vision is a symptom of your body's fight-or-flight response, which is what you are doing during a panic/anxiety attack.  I had tunnel vision/blurry vision non-stop for about 6 months a couple years back.  At least that how it felt, it party could have been all in my head.  Dizziness is a side effect of ativan (never experienced that) but you will also read "Check with your doctor as soon as possible if any of the following side effects occur: blurred vision or other changes in vision" so I would suggest you contact your dr because this is one the of very infrequent side effects that they recommend you call your doctor if you experience.

IMO it might just be a tunnel-vision type thing due to your body's response to your anxiety, but definitely check with your doctor cause there's a SLIGHT chance it could be a bad side effect of ativan.

Also, if the blurred vision went away between panic attacks that's a good indicator that it was the panic doing it to you.
mele48 And here I am again... Comment
1 hr ago
Mollyrae commented on Why You Might Have A ...
mishymoshymarcy Study hard, focus, and you ... Comment