Aa
A
A
Close
Terrible panic/anxiety attacks
A little about me
I am 39 yr old mom of 2
I have been suffering from anixety / panic attacks for years.   Recently ( last 3 months ) my attacks have been unbearable.   I have brought myself to the ER 2x within the last 6 weeks.  I was sure I was dying of a heart attack the first time and the second time I went I was convinced my throat was closing or something was caught in my throat because it was so difficult to swallow.
Both times I was at the ER my bp was sky high so both times I was hooked to an EKG and a heart monitor for a least 2 hrs and had chest X-rays and the first time even had cardic blood work done .... EVERYTHING WAS FINE!!!
I am sure the tests missed something and there is something wrong with my heart and I will have a heart attack.   Having a heart attack is on my mind pretty much most of the day.
The ER docs both said it's just my anxiety.   I'm like "just" my anixety .... Im terrified.  I have recently start therapy and hoping she can help.  And I am also on meds.
The symptoms I experience are
Chest pains
Lightheaded
Dizzy
Shortness of Breath
Numbness ( face,arms,legs )
Difficulty swallowing
Heart palpations

The most recent symptom I been having which scares me is
I get a soreness/ achy feeling in my arms.   This is what brought me to the ER the first time that made me think I was having a heart attack.

I am having such a hard time dealing.  Does anyone else get this feeling in their arms?
My doctor has told me I suffer from anxiety and also health anxiety ...
Can anyone relate?
Cancel
5 Answers
Page 1 of 1
hey there. Well I also had tests run etc. ALL WAS FINE. and here i am FINE.  Mine was all anxiety and all in my head... Trust me. the tests didn't miss anything! Yours is anxiety too, just like me :). try to relax as much as possbile!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
MAJOR HEALTH ANXIETY HERE.  In the past year in my head I KNEW I HAD.. Hiv, Colon cancer, leukemia, lymphoma, bone cancer, eye cancer, blood clots, low palete level.... And i'm sure you can guess what.. it was ALL ANXIETY and here I am fine and healthy! but, i'm sure i'll have anxiety tomorrow
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
What symptoms do you experience ?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
with anxiety.. oh where to begin!.. fatigue, weight loss, itchiness, dizziness, light headed, tight chest, trouble breathing, sweating, uneasy stomach, weak muscles, tight/sore muscles, achy body..... Uhm I am sure I am forgetting some but that's what comes to mind for now.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Yeah pretty much sounds like me ...minus the weight loss.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
242912 tn?1402547092
Blank
Jade59 commented on photo
4 hrs ago
406584 tn?1399591666
Blank