Anxiety Community
Terrified to death to catch HIV

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Terrified to death to catch HIV

I had a sex 6 days ago with a stranger, the guy was clean and neat but I just don't know him. I only met him in a restaurant and the next day we met again and had sex. I am so terrified I might catch an HIV from him...I can't eat and I can't get sleep. As of now I don't get any symptoms yet ,,, I was so dumb I was carried away. I have never done this before. I am now waiting for 3 months to get tested. I don't have peace of mind thinking what I have done. I just don't what to do...Now I want to ask ,,,are all people having sex with strangers prone to catch HIV if that stranger is positive? Please help I am so scared. Thank you

Ana
Hey Ana
A lot of people have made the same mistake as you have, including me, and I was afraid just like you when that happened. Fortunately everything turned out just fine. And for sure that´ll be your case too but still it´s a good idea to get tested. Go to a std clinic or talk to some specialist about what has happened. You can take an ag/ab combo test already after 2 or 3 weeks or so and it´ll give you some peace of mind and then the definite tests at 6 weeks and 3 months.
Thank you Elena , your message made me relaxed. Sure I will go for a test so I can be totally be peaceful. It is a very big mistake when I did it I was just carried away. Hope everything will be fine with me after the test. Thanks a lot Elena. I will let you know the result later.

Thank you Elena , your message made me relaxed. Sure I will go for a test so I can totally be peaceful. It is a very big mistake when I did it I was just carried away. Hope everything will be fine with me after the test. Thanks a lot Elena. I will let you know the result later.
Irisbritney My niece has been having di... Comment
49 mins ago
Jade59 commented on clean_in_ks's status
Dalubaba commented on photo