Anxiety Community
That embarrassing nerve rash

A community of people with Anxiety offering support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

That embarrassing nerve rash

Throughout my life I have suffered from this embarrassing nerve rash which appears around my neck and chest when ever I feel anxious...especially when talking to people as I suffer from social phobia as well.

This rash is usually blotchy dark red in appearance and spreads from my neck to the front of my chest and is quite embarrasing for me and is made worse when people notice this. I can usually feel this rash coming on... as I feel a burning sensation on my neck whenever I feel nervous around people.

I try to cover my neck area up as much as possible whenever I am around people...so hopefully people will not notice this embarrasing nerve rash of mine.

I even worry about getting a nerve rash when I am around people and this also brings it on.

When people do notice this nerve rash of mine it makes me feel embarrassed and all I want to do is go and hide.

Is there anything I can do to stop this embarrasing condition of mine from ever returning.

Finger697
The only way to stop this rash from appearing is to address the cause of it: your anxiety. A lot of people get "flushed" when they are anxious - especially if they are as white as I am :-) Social anxiety (like panic disorder) is a cycle that often triggers itself. Being afraid of getting the rash and feeling embarrassed can make you anxious, which bring on the rash, then you feel embarrassed, and so on. Therapy can be a very effective way of coping with social anxiety. How do you feel about talking to someone?
MH Community Mgr commented on Bubulous's status
melimeli commented on melimeli's status
mishymoshymarcy Sometimes the things that a... Comment
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms