Anxiety Community
The after effects of LSD.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

The after effects of LSD.

After taking LSD for the third time about a week ago, I had a textbook bad trip.  Panicked, scared, restless, and generally uncomfortable; I paced around my basement and backyard for about 5 or 6 hours till I was calm enough to sleep.  The bad 'feeling' or 'vibe' from the LSD lasted through that day and the next, but eventually went away.  Well about two days ago (a week after the bad trip) I was drinking with some friends.  Got pretty drunk, and passed out on the couch.  I woke up the next morning with a hangover.  However the hangover developed into the exact same feeling that I had when I had the bad trip.  It wasn't as intense, but the same feelings of anxiety, a loss of my sense of reality, and general discomfort came with the feeling.  These feelings lasted through the day, but I tolerated them and made it to sleep.  I woke up the next morning... today, and the feelings were still there.  Today was better than yesterday, but still noticably 'not right.'  Is this depression?  Anxiety?  I am very confused and concerned for my mental health.  I'm not crazy but I fear I'm on the way.  I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow and I plan to see about prescription Xanax or Valium.  I have been warned to stay away from Wellbutrin and Thorazine, both of which have been known to worsen patients mental states in cases of drug related mental trama.  Has this happened to anyone else at all?  My main question is.. what happened?  the drug is out of my system.. and I was fine for a week.. so why should the effects come back.? something to do with drinking maybe??  Please help.. Thanks.. AdamTuminaro
LSD has not had much research into its overall effects. Some effects can be very damaging.

I had a 'Bad Trip" back in '86 and every once in a while under the right physical circumstances, my body reacts to physical stimulii, setting off a panic like 'trip.'
Don't do LSD.  
Okay, it's almost exactly what had happened to me. To me, your body is telling you you're done with LSD. Do not do it anymore. It messes with your serotonin levels, which is what affects anxiety. I'm not a doctor or anything, I've just been living with anxiety for 10 years since my 'bad trip'.  Slow down on the drinking. You don't have to get hammered to have a good time. Just take this with you. If anyone asks if LSD permanently screws you up, say yes. Some people could take a lot and be fine, others it only takes a few tabs before anxiety becomes a problem.  If I hadn't have done LSD, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be such a nervous person today. Just slow down with all of it. And absolutely no more LSD!!  And if you get anymore panic attacks don't try to fight them just think about what's really going on. Just realize that it's anxiety and nothing more. The doctors always recommend you get blood work done just to rule out all other possibilities. Which is good, it will put your mind a little more at ease. I wish you all the best. ~ lellie
Yes I understand that LSD is absolutely not for me, and neither is drinking for a while lol.  But the doctor prescribed me a low dosage of Ativan. One tablet every 8 hours.  Works okay for the anxious feelings, but the feelings of a loss of reality are still there. Sort of like being high all day.  Doc says that the LSD may make me feel that way for a few more weeks.  The idea is to simply mask the symptoms until the LSD is out of me... which could take 2-3months at the very most, but could be as short as a few weeks.  Any ideas?
I had to quit smoking pot and ddrinking because I started get get panic attacks when I was high(went years of doing drugs before this happend). And then I started to get them when I wasn't high. I took lsd and had a good time but then the next time I smoked pot I had a "lsd backflas" or whatever it's called and it broughton a panic attack now every time I feel a little tripped out even if it's something small like deja vu or getting dizzy I go into a panic or anxiety. I quit smoking pot at age 20 and was put on medication for anxiety. I have been off of meds for 3 years now at age 27 and started smoking pot again just the last 6 months and my anxiety is back horribly. I just take one hit and boom I'm throwing up and soooooo nervous that I feel like I'm going crazy...and pot is supposes to calm you down, right?! Wo I think there is a Definate connection with the drugs and having those panic episodes. The thing is now what the hell do we do.
i had someone put something in my drink 4 yrs ago and suffer anxiety attacks and panic attacks still!
Hi ya, how you doin now? I took LSD when 17 since then have suffered from acute anxiety, I am 33 now. Most important thing is to get help early on. I had a very unhelpful doctor when was 18 who disregarded everything and said that life was about getting married, children and dying. VERY HELPFUL! One thing I will say, fight for help you have a mental illness that has been brought out by taking LSD, no more, no less. The LSD is out or your system now, but your system has just gone into anxiety overide, you r still the person you have always been you r just suffering from anxiety which is why you feel so weird.
One more comment adam, the lsd trip scared you, (post tramatic stress kind of ting), thats why you got over it but when u drank brought back feelings of anxiety and your sences were heightened so it had that effect, nothing to worry about u ain't goin mad!!
I had the same thing, except mine was from combining morning glory seeds with a lot of marijuana.. thought I was dying and had my heart race for hours. Since then, panic attacks came on regularly whenever I did drugs. Bottom line is, you create thoughts based on your current perception and then react to them. If you create negative or anxious thoughts because, in your case, you drank too much the night before and have low dopamine levels it may be enough to trigger an attack. As you become anxious and release adrenaline you start thinking faster, and as a result start having even more anxiety, which continues as a cycle until you practically feel you are going to die or are going insane. It's possible to completely stop this though, and all you have to do is spend the time to work on your thoughts. When a negative thought comes in to your mind, instead of reacting to it and keeping the cycle going, CHANGE it. You aren't going insane, thats just a negative thought! Get rid of em. Don't let these take hold of you and eventually your mind will stop throwing them at you altogether. It takes time and practice, but if you try hard enough to change what's going on inside your head you will no longer have these problems.Worked for me... hope this helps
im 16 and i took LSD at the age of 15. i don't know if it was since i took the LSD but i used to smoke alot of pot and have GREAT highs but now whenever i smoke weed i get self conciouse and go into deep thinking and i feel 2 feet tall to say the least.....whats wrong!!!!!
I am a 53 year old woman who took a lot of LSD in the early 70's.  I have suffered from clinical depression, off and on, since I was 9.  Now, I am dealing with horrible anxiety/ depresion and am on a lot of meds.  My pdoc thinks I have a mood disorder.  I often wonder if my problems now are a result of my drug use (  I used a lot of other drugs as well) back then.  I have asked my therapist and pdoc but they couldn't really give me any definate answers.  I am thinking there is a not of research out there about it.
When I was 15 I took lsd and had a horrible trip. Then next day I smoked pot and got that same bad feeling..I know these are very old posts but felt the need to respond. I am now 40 and still suffer from anxiety. I thought I was going crazy so I was afraid to tell anyone. To answer a question does lsd cause anxiety? YES YES YES! I have found the only help to be valium. Other things only make it worse..The problem is you are producing too much Serotonin. I have figured out you have a panic attack on lsd and then you just have anxiety. This doesn't offer much hope but you can get through. Okay sometimes just knowing helps...You aren't going crazy..it cause a detached feeling and nervousness, rapid heart beat but these symptoms do get better. They never went away but at least I know why it happens so it's less scary..They have greatly decreased but aren't gone..Also I feel anxiety is a habit and the valium helped to stop the symptons while taking the medication so now I rarely need it..Bottom line knowing is 75% of the battle..You are NOT crazy or going crazy. You are just producing too much seratonin. Hand in there get on a good anxiety med not a seratonin inhibitor it just makes it worse
OP I can relate to the feelings you are having.
There are many cases out there like yours. My very first trip on LSD became so horrible that I ended up calling 911 on myself and finishing my trip in a hospital. While LSD cannot kill you in recreational doses and it may not cause any physical damage to the body there are DEFINITELY people who develop long term anxiety disorders from it. I was a little shaken after my trip for about a month before I began to experience panic attacks and anxiety whenever I smoked or did any drug other than alcohol. Even after years of smoking pot every day, it became something that made my anxiety worse.
I am still having anxiety issues to this day. I have very vivid but broken memories of my trip all the time. The panic attacks tend to set in whenever I have a change in my mindset such as drug use, trying to fall asleep, meditation, or even periods where I don't have anything on my mind.
Sometimes the panic attacks get so intense that I start shaking uncontrollably.
While the majority of people will probably be fine after hundreds of trips, LSD certainly can cause anxiety disorders in some people.
The thing is that no matter how safe a drug is reported to be, everyone reacts differently and you can never be certain that you are not going to have an adverse reaction to something. There is so much we still don't know about the brain.
LSD was the most profound experience of my life and I have been changed forever because of it.
Hey adam, life can be very complicated, Just stay away from drugs and take it easy, you'll be alright!
Hey mate, how are you felling now? I took LSD about 5 weeks ago. Had a good time but was very sick and anxious for the next 4-5 days. About two weeks ago anxiety came back for no reason. I feel anxious almost all the time and have stoped drinking, smoking and taking drugs etc. I have used LSD in the past and have never had a bad trip. Did it go away for you? Are you on any meds? Thanks and hope you are doing well!
Im 20 and took lsd abouty 3 months ago for the 5th time. Ever since ive had weird anxiety but i was dealing with it. Reciently ive been having really bad anxiety and panic attacks and i think very deeply into everything, almost "trip" into different situations and question reality like im going crazy. This is intensified by marijuana. I am quitting smoking and talking to a therapist tomorrow actually so i'll get back to this and let you all know how i progress
Hey all, Ive been trying some alternative stuff like acupuncture, raw chinese herbs and hynosis. Ill let you know if i have any luck. Its been 8 weeks now and i still am suffering from bad anxiety and depression.

I think i will have to go on some medication however but im hopefull something else will work. Let me know if anyone else has any luck!

Peace
I'm 36 and took a lot of LSD and E's during my late teens and early 20's, I loved taking both but started suffering from panic attacks, anxiety and sleep paralysis. I still suffer from anxiety to this day and spent 8 years as an alcoholic as it was the only thing that stopped the panic attacks and the doctor I had was useless.
i did LSD heavily over my senior high school year and actually had a great time but bad trips in between, then tried mushrooms ironically everyone had said they were the best and your more likely to have a good time on them, so i took an eighth on a nice sunny summer day and had the most terribly trip of my life :( i didn't get sick and i didn't freak out on the people i was with i didn't even budge (previously takin pyschedelics i knew it was just a bad trip) but being in that situation still ***** i was so depressed all my thoughts were moving WAY too fast and i pretty much was begging myself to just stop thinking. that whole day i felt scared and afraid of my thoughts tried making myself do things like talking and playing games to get rid of it, the only thought i remember repeating in my head to make it stop was "just keep doing what your doing and everything will be fine" (a very general statement) finally later that day the trip faded and after the final 2 hours of sitting in the shower then laying in my bed quietly freaking out to myself it dissappeard, for 2 weeks after i was the happiesst person alive, pretty much to not feel insane anymore but then all of a sudden the third week i freaked out and broke down with some sort of panic attack then for 6 months i thoughti was permanently changed by the drug losing all sense of what i knw to be my REAL reality, or my COMFORTABLE reality it was the most depressing time of my life, but because i'm very against drugs and think they are largely overprescribed i didn't go to the doctor (also cuz i knew before hand i was completely fine without them) so i came to the conclusion to continue with what i had told myself "just keep doing what your doing and everyhitng will be fine" so i continued with everyday life working a job trying to make people happy living like i lived before and quit weed and drugs altogether, i can happily say i still remember how i USED to feel but it no longer affects me at all not even 1 percent everything phased into normal reality after i got "back in the grove" of real life so all i have to say for advice to ANYONE that had a bad experience with hard psychedelics is to just quit the drugs and continue with like and force yourself to continue with what makes your happy and what you originally wanted to do and after i while the feelings and panics will eventually fade until your back to how you used to be only now your mentally stronger and you are just THAT much smarter about how your own brain and thought process works :) hope this helps everyone, thanks for reading!
To anyone who is dealing with a anxiety or panic disorder from psychedelics, I feel like I am just finishing the most difficult two months of my life. Here's my story, and I think people can learn from it.

I took LSD in early December. On the trip I smoked weed (after a two week break from smoking multiple times daily), got WAY too high, and had a full on panic attack  (my first) after feeling a complete removal from reality. The first half of my trip involved going back and forth between 15 minutes of tweaking to 15 minutes of enjoyment (but the day felt like anywhere from a week to a year so think about relativity). The second half of the trip was awesome and I felt amazing for overcoming the bad stuff.

My first flashback was a month later. I didn't know flashbacks were real, and I completely lost touch with reality. This led to another panic attack. The following week was filled with terrible anxiety. It began to fade after a few days and after a week I was back to normal. I saw a psychologist about halfway through the week and he said I had substance induced anxiety disorder. I was simply off biochemically. My mindset was that "my body just thinks its on acid and will take the same path as the trip," which for the most part, is exactly what happened.

My second flashback was about a week after. Once again, I had about a week's worth of anxiety. On about day 5, I took some xanax, and it just made me trip out (but I didn't care because I was on xanax). This was because my body was not prepared to handle that change, and when it received a drug, it overreacted and interpreted it as acid.

I had two normal days before my third flashback. This was followed by a week's worth of anxiety, but other factors, specifically worry about flashing back again, prolonged my anxiety to last a few weeks.

Now, at this point I had been going through about a month and a half of anxiety. My body was conditioned to worry. I had forgotten what it felt like to be normal. About two weeks later (today), I now feel just about past this thing. Here's how I beat it:

-It's all about mindset. Think Positively! If you truly know that this anxiety/alternative reality is not the life you’re supposed to live, then you will beat it. Stay patient, but continue to believe deep down that you will beat this thing.

-Don't fight it. Let yourself feel feelings. Your mood will go up and down, don't be afraid to be borderline suicidal (as long as you know deep down your not actually suicidal) for a few moments if your mood takes you there. When you come out of it, you'll feel better. And don't get too excited over a good mood, as a manic state doesn’t feel very “real” either.

-Stay patient. It's two steps forward, one step back. The steps back really suck because you say to yourself "I thought I was passed this, what's going on?" However, asking yourself those questions only spiral anxiety worse. You can monitor progress by noticing how the current step back is ahead of the previous step back.

-Two mindsets really brought me out of this.:
1) Today, my mindset is that I'm rehabbing my mind back to full strength. Its as if I broke my brain, it was in a cast for about a month and a half (where I couldn't do anything and was completely restricted and living in fear). But now that I know how to control my anxiety, I am facing it, and for the last two weeks I try and do one thing every day that will make me nervous. In a way I’m working on motion, durability, and strength. As I have more success, I get less nervous for the next new thing as my mind gets stronger. Remember, the mind is a muscle.

2) Retrain your subconscious (which you can feel as your body's reaction) to trust your conscious again. The other night I felt a dialogue within me that had my conscious say to my subconscious "Hey, you can trust me. We don't have anything to worry about." My subconscious responded, "No, you were an idiot, and you took these drugs, and worried for so long, and now its MY job to make sure you don't do that to us again." My conscious responded, "I know, I made a mistake, but it won't happen again. I promise. It's MY job to worry. Trust me." And THAT has REALLY helped.

-TALK TO A PSYCHOLOGIST. They know a lot about managing anxiety. And even though you feel like it might be anxiety plus something else hard to define because it involves dealing with other realities, it is actually just anxiety.

-You can fight off flashbacks, and you don't need to worry about them. Flashbacks, from my experience, only occur when you admit to yourself that you're having one. You find yourself in an extenuating circumstance where you feel like you might be on acid again, and your mind goes "Hey, this kinda reminds me of acid. Whoa, this really reminds me of acid. Am I flashing back? I think so. Yes, I am." And that is when the flashback occurs. If you disrupt this long thought process, it won't happen (I'm two for two in fighting off flashbacks already). Avoid caffeine because it speeds you up and LSD is often laced with amphetamines. It was largely responsible for my first flashback, and wholly responsible for my second. There’s caffeine in chocolate by the way so don’t have too much.

-Anxiety sets it when your body doesn't understand what its going through (much like it did when you tripped).  It’s almost as if you’re doing things for the first time again. If you can identify the change, whatever it may be, whether its being in a new place, being in a humid room, being dehydrated, being tired, then you can separate the feeling completely from the trip, the anxiety will subside a little.

-Take LSD out of the equation! You are not on LSD anymore. You have always felt feelings. You have always thought thoughts. They are not related to LSD. Feeling depressed and off? You're just depressed and off, the acid trip doesn't have to reinforce those feelings. Overanalyzing by saying "What am I feeling? Is it LSD related? Why do I feel this way?" are not only unanswerable questions but are clearly something to give someone anxiety over.

-No more LSD, shrooms, I’m guessing no E, Weed, or heavy drinking. The elimination of weed can be a paradox because no longer smoking can cause more anxiety. But as you get used to not having THC in your system, that will go away, too. And it feels good to be clean! To get back in touch with reality you can’t be distorting it again! It will also give your subconscious less reason to trust you!

-I often felt stuck and that the anxiety might last forever. It’s okay to think that for a little bit!

-ACCEPT REALITY. This is normal life! Don’t doubt your feelings or perceptions and attribute your questioning to LSD. A good motto is, “everything is normal, everything is fine.” The only thing to fear is fear itself. Worrying about worry makes it multiply and you lose control. You will beat this thing!

And that's all I got! If anyone has any questions or anything please post, I’ll be revisiting the forum.

Life is Good.
i am just now going through serious anxiety attacks and feelings of depression. I literally thought i was losing my mind and going completely insane. i was convinced i had some kind of brain tumor or brain cancer because i didnt know why i was feeling like this. im in school and just trying to get through this semester and i feel like its impossible, like a piece of my brain is missing. i now know that the reason i feel like this is because i took acid a couple weeks ago and had a really bad trip and ever since then i havent been the same. i miss the person i used to be. now i feel like im paranoid and scared all the time. its impossible for me to make decisions. i was at subway and had a panic attack cuz i couldnt make a decision on what to order. i feel like im crazy but i know its just becasue of the acid i took. ive been taking xanex for anxiety but it doesnt help that much. reading all these posts makes me feel like no one can help me but myself. i know all these crazy thoughts are just in my head and they arent real. but i still feel depressed and scared all the time. any ideas of how i can be normal again??
I've been going through the exact same thing.

I took lsd 5 weeks ago and have not been the same since. I feel like I have ruined my life.

I wish I knew what to do.
hey guys-

You can still beat this thing! one of the things I noticed is that you are both saying you have changed and miss the people you used to be. You guys have been through a lot, and your world has changed significantly. The key thing you guys have to admit to yourselves is that you ARE different now. You can't forget what happened, you can't ever live in the world that used to be yours. Things have changed. It's been a difficult transition, but you can understand this new world that you're living in and no longer fear it. And, you can learn how to get used to this new world, and how to not fear everything.

Are you smoking pot? One of the key things I've learned in the last month is that the biggest change I felt was because there was no THC in my system after four years of being a full blown stoner. That's a lot to get used to again. You guys CAN beat this! it may take months, but you need to accept reality and teach yourself that you have nothing to fear but fear itself. Please post again if you have more questions!

I would also avoid xanax because it's a drug, and your body just wants to find stability. The best way to do that is by being COMPLETELY clean. Just my opinion.

Hope you both are talking to professionals about this. And make sure you express that you feel like you're in a different world and its not necessarily just "anxiety" that you're dealing with, but a complete change in interpretation of reality that leads to anxiety.

Remember, "everything is normal, everything is fine"
back when i was 16 and did drugs, drinking(either a week or a month later) always brought back the trippy feelings. it went away after a while, but eventually i had to quit everything cuz pot would make me freak out, whereas i used to smoke it a lot and it made me calm. who knows how those recreational drugs work, its pretty scary when i consider all the stuff i took and how lucky i am to be even semi-normal!
i've been using wellbutrin for over 2-3 months now. i think its one of best medications given to patients with depression, or overcoming self esteem issues. Though this drug is different for everyone, i dont think its something to stay away from. it works very lightly on the liver (depending on your dose), and is relatively safe, and does not have any addictive properties. Though many people take this everyday, it does not make them feel buzzed or anything, it just makes your life a little more bearable. Taking cognitive therapy as well as drug therapy can vastly improve your well being, i strongly reccomend this for people with mental issues to try it out.

Your symptoms seem normal for coming off lsd. Lsd is a very potent drug, so you will feel those symptoms you described. you just have to be ready for it, and really, really know what your taking, and what effects and after effects it has a on a healthy human being. Books are very interesting when it comes to researching the science and history behind it. i find taking lsd, psilocybin, and the occasional roll really helped me appreciate my brain, and the use of language.

You just have to really think about whats going on and around you, like what you life consists of, the friends you have, your family, anything, and really appreciate them , because life is really unexpected.

As for drugs they are very unexpected because they can effect people very differently. like people said above you can either take lsd a bunch of times and still be fine, or take lsd a few times and develop anxiety. Alot of drugs do that i find, especially something like mdma or an upper. you really have to know how these things effect the body, the brain has a huge part to do with everything including your thought process. drinking can bring those symptoms you descsribe. thats why you see really delusional alcoholics that live at home and drink all day yelling at their family, this is only one case of alcholism (alcoholism) but i think you should only do lsd in moderation, ie. every 4 months or less.

i feel the same way about my brain, i do feel off and all those symptoms at times, but we all have our ups and downs, accept who you are and use substances in moderation. peace

Hello my boyfriend and I are 19 and we took LSD 5 or 6 months back. It was quite a heavy dose but we were not aware of it before we took it and he had a bigger dose than I did(My boyfriend has taken LSD twice before ). I recovered afterwards but my boyfriend never seemed to get out of it. He is very confused , has problems defining things and is very anxious. He used to be such a relaxed,balanced and amazing person. He was never sad or unhappy with himself and he actually hepled me get out of depression purely just by listening to his outlook on life. I MISS HIM ! :( Last night he actually had some form of panic attack which just scared me all over again. He is supremely clever and is currently studying Chemical engineering at uni and doing really well but psychologically/emotionally he is messed up. He also started crying last night because he doesnt want me to hurt like this anymore. PLZ help xxx
You are a life saver mate! Life is great.
The sun will rise again
VERY helpful post. You and I experienced extremely similar situations. I am seeing a psychologist a week from today. There have been days that I have felt much more normal, but also days that have left me anxiety ridden, depressed and sleep deprived (today being one of them). I pray to get better soon!
Best,
David Stewart
I took my first LSD trip on Sept 18, 1984, and it changed my mindset forever, I was a different person, in that it felt like my mind was imprisoned and not free, however, it did not stop me doing it again, and again, expecting a different result each time. The definition of insanity? Doing the same thing again and again, and expecting different results. There are some things about acid that used to fascinate me, but at the end of the day, I truly wish I had never took that first trip, my life would be different if I had said no, but hindsight is an easy thing. It's the most powerful drug there is, as far as I'm concerned, maybe it's ok for some, but it fried me to pieces. I don't mean to write this to scare people, just, maybe , we should be careful. LSD is, literally, mind blowing.
Pretty much the same thing happened to me about 9 months ago. I will say that things do get better. But i will also say that your brain has a new experience that it wont forget so you will always carry that with you as more than just a memory. I had several seizures during my trip. that Sh*t was SCARY! ha. I was a huge pothead years back and now i cant smoke it at all or else i am in that world. what can ya do? not a whole lot buddy, wish ya luck
change your process of thought, get behind your words with meditation to the essence of what you really are and stop trying to define and explain your feelings let them go with surrender and acceptance and tell your self what reasons you have to enjoy each moment and be happy just about the gift of existence!!! Keep your mind here, now in this moment and take a look around each moment to se how beautiful it is, you cant have a bad trip with a good process of thought, its any easy answer to say it was something out side who you are that’s causing these feelings but the answer is that all you need for complete enjoyment of each moment is inside you, it just takes total acceptance, total surrender in every moment and enjoying each moment for what that moment has to offer and not expecting more!!!  
Hi, folks,

The original poster asked for suggestions for dealing with the after-effects of drugs.  If you have suggestions that have worked for you, please feel free to share them, but this isn't the place to compare notes on your experiences while using.  While it's not your intent, graphic stories (even if they're negative experiences) aren't helpful, and may actually trigger some readers to use.  

Claire
After reading these articles this has helped a lot. I used to smoke all the time and then I tried LSD and MDMA and now smoking pot has increased my anxiety so much it is causing depression. It wasn't till about a month ago where I ate 3 hits for the first time where i really freaked out and now I have this nervousness everyday. I am definitely done messing with LSD and I try not to smoke as much due to the slight panic attacks I get and conscious battle with myself, but it's hard when almost all of my friends smoke on a regular basis.  I am going to set up something with my doctor so hopefully i can be put on some sort of anxiety medication.  After reading all of your comments though it has helped a lot. It is nice to know I am not the only one who is dealing with this or has before!
Hi, its good to know that there are others like me. I took too much lsd when I was 16 and had a bad trip. Ever since that day my life changed for the worst.
Its like im not the same anymore, I want to but I cant because I feel constantly anxious when im with people and that generates depression in me. Im 23 now and im in the same condition.

I see some persons here who have been dealing with this for even more years. My question is, is this curable? I think it isnt buy maybe someone have recovered from this. Otherwise I dont think its worth living anymore, my life is pure suffering now.

I regret taking that **** everyday of my life, what for? I was perfectly happy before that. If theres someone reading this who havent took acid or any other drugs, please DONT DO IT.
Jorge you are not alone but don't think like that.  I agree I regret doing drugs too because I was happy and when I first started doing those drugs they were fun.  Then it came a point where I kept doing them even though it wasn't fun anymore.  This just happened to me about 1 month ago and it has been rather difficult to deal with for sure, but you just need to stay positive.  If you have been dealing with this for so long have you have you made changes that help control your anxiety.  Are you still doing drugs?
No, I dont do drugs since that day, I just cant. My brain goes insane just with some weed, im weak.

I really dont see how I could get out of this state of mind. Im a different person now... Everyone thinks im weird and awkward.

There are two sides to psychedelic drugs; the **** up side, wich is the one Im at right now, and the spiritual side, wich I experienced when I took mushrooms. It was the complete opposite to what I feel now.
Please don't dispair Jorge. I know that sounds absolutely ridiculous but there is help out there for you. I had a bad experience with LSD when I was 20 and am now 32 with a wife and two children. I truly believe that the drug brought on a strong panic attack which resulted in generalized anxiety for me. At the time I didn't know what anxiety was and actually believed that I was broken for good. I suffered for a year and a half before I got help by seeing a counselor and getting on some anti-anxiety meds (SSRI Lexapro). Life is still worth living and you can get through this. I would also recommend a book "Hope and Help for your nerves" by Dr. Claire Weekes. I believe that it will describe many of the symptoms that you are having to a tee and help you to see a path out of it. I have just recently discovered this book and wish I had it the day after my bad experience.

Many of the scary symptoms for me (world seeming strange, de-personalization, etc.) are common to those who suffer from anxiety and panic attacks. It is just the body's reaction to a severely stressful situation (much like post traumatic stress disorder).
It's been helpful reading the comments here, as I am a Mom whose son is experiencing the after effects of a bad LSD trip.

He is a 24 year old, who has been on and off drugs since 13.  Until last April, though, he was basically 5 years sober when he decided to start smoking cannabis again.  He initially said it was going to be an infrequent recreational type of thing.  But, it branched out into daily use, along with other drugs, including mushrooms and at least several LSD trips.

The last experimentation with LSD, though, seemed to turn his world inside out.  He was crying, became so paranoid about others being narcs, there was a time and location warp, and his conversations jumped around without any real context.  

That was about a month ago, and although the intensity has eased some, he still continues to be living in an alternate reality -- even admitting this.  He is at the same time giddy happy as well as reactive and tense.  You have to watch what you say to him, as he takes offense, feeling like your're dissing him if you even question his reality or tie his behavior into taking drugs.  

He stil smokes weed, probably daily.  But, from I've read here, even weed can be detrimental in reactivating the effects of the bad trip.  At this moment, after talking to him on the phone, he is driving around "looking for Free Masons" to talk to, in the hopes of getting some understanding from them.  He hung up on me when our conversation turned to drugs..  

Anyway, would be open to any suggestions in how to help a loved one going through this.  I don't want to alienate my son. However, Sitting by and listening to him, is like listening to a person who has invaded his brain.  He is not the same, and it's breaking my heart.
When i first had my bad trip I thought the only way to fix this state of mind would be to trip again, but I havent done it because im too scared...

I feel that if I have a bad trip again I will go insane
That is very understandable and if that is what your mind is telling you then for your own sake DO NOT USE LSD AGAIN. Unless you find that you will be able to delve into your own thoughts and reorganize what you feel is "off," I would steer clear of any sort of psychedelic. Have you tried meditation or any other sort of conscious altering techniques that don't involve drugs? I know those may not seem to be the best tools at first, but trust me just facing your own inner demons and confronting them headlong may help what's going on in your mind. Please understand that these techniques (including using psychedelics again to reverse any ill states of mind) are for those who are confident in their own abilities and consider themselves headstrong. I am not here to tell you that you are not a strong person, but the mind is a powerful thing and must be treated with the utmost respect. If you have ANY hint of doubt in your mind that you will not be able to resolve these issues yourself, please consult a psychiatrist or professional for help. Further consider trying to speak to family and friends who you trust with your life for they may also be able to help you.
very insightful and helpful, thank you
I have suffered from various forms of anxiety for much of my life.  Taking psychedelics has both improved and worsened these symptoms drastically, yet I am now convinced it is really all in your head.  But, the funny thing is, I can only say that because of the Tulsi I drank earlier; which helps immensely for dealing with stress and anxiety.  It also improves focus and has a huge list of health benefits, probably why they drink it three times a day in India -- where it is known as the escort of Shiva, the elixir of life, Holy Basil and many other names of reverence.  It is now also commonly mixed with Yerba Mate, to make Holy Mate; which is a great alternative to coffee that I have now been consuming almost daily for a couple of months.  Thanks to this and an improved diet of mainly raw foods and plant proteins (notably hemp milk), I am feeling both mentally and physically better than even when I was eighteen!  (Tulsi is also an antidepressant with a neuroprotective effect that helps ease the pain of sore muscles, plus it improves memory and has long been used to help clear the "mental fog" from extensive cannabis use!)
Hi! I've been smoking cannabis for 10 years straight, done mushrooms 3 or 4 times and some acid. I've had some traumatizing events in my life the last years and I was kind of depressed and anxious. From may 2011 to june 2011 i've been doing 1/4 of lsd like once per week. I had very good trips, they were 1/4 but damn, they were strong. My last trip I took 2/4 and i had a bad trip. I came home hoping to better cope with it, but it gotten worse, I was panicking, with nothing in particular but i got all the sensations, from like 4 am to 11 am, non-stop. I felt very fragile the days after, then i got better... 3-4 weeks later, i smoked, as usual, a joint and I had the most terrifying panic, a flashback I assumed... I kept saying to myself "what have I done to me??!"... I've always been a pot head, I've always been fearless about psychedelics, about my own thoughts, so i didn't saw it coming...  I was helped by a doctor and i ended up taking xanax and cipralex... I stood in a panic-like state with recurrent panic attacks for like 3 months. I resolved the panic attacks by jumping from a plane with a parachute, giving my body reasons to have a real panic attack. Now I have high anxiety levels, nothing new to me, since i've always been anxious by nature, except that when I think about the bad trip and the panic attacks I get more anxious. I tried to smoke weed one more time and I felt the bad trip once again, but i managed to control it without any emergency drugs. Im only on cipralex now, with the lowest therapeutic dosage (cipralex treatment MUST be done in at least 6 months) because the psychiatrist thinks i was depressed  when i first got there, and he was right... i was depressed, i felt depressed before the bad trip. Everytime i think about this or talk, i feel this intense fear, and physical sensations that i felt during the bad trip, like now... All in all, I've looked forward and tried to focus on the future, on my life, on work, on my family and close friends, on culturing my mind and I've made some great evolution, the psychiatrist even said that he never witnessed no one evolving so fast with a panic disorder. What do you think? Will I be completely "cured" from this bad trip, to a point that I can think about it and laugh at it? Will I ever be able to smoke weed again without having recurrent "bad trip" memories and sensations? Tell me what you think about my case.

Best regards to all
Are you serious?! I took acid in 2008, first and only time. I was working overnights in a gas station. So, I got off work and stayed up the whole next day tripping with my close friends. I didnt have a bad trip but it also wasnt the best it couldve been. I was a little paranoid but not so much that I was freaking out. Then afterwards I had lots of problems looking people straight in the eyes and had anxiety anytime I had to socialize. I could barely keep my eyes open while driving when a car would pass me. Anxiety I assume. Now its much better since I dont work and am a stay at home mother with my 2 year old. I still have some trouble and I cannot stare into someones eyes for long periods and its hard to keep my eyes open when a bright light is present, like the sun while im driving.
You're right because that's how I helped my anxiety of looking directly at someones eyes. It still gets me after 4 years but not like it did at first. I used to hide in my apartment because I didn't want anyone to see my reactions. I started getting into the positive thinking/meditation/deep breathing/deep relaxation and now I realize why it went away so much. So thank you!
Yes! It is curable. I didn't have it as bad as you seem to have it but I had a mildly paranoid acid trip and have had social anxiety ever since. I thought maybe the acid trip caused my anxiety but I never heard of that before so I ignored it. Then in 2009 I started getting into meditation, positive thinking and just going on a truth quest. I have come a long way and still don't care for social situations but that's just my personality. I can talk to people like I did before I just have to remind myself its okay when I start to get nervous because that does start anxiety. I dont meditate anymore but I still do deep breathing and some deep muscle relaxation here and there, they really help to center your nerves and awareness. This biggest thing to remember is that EVERYTHING IS FINE!
It's good to hear you have made it through. I used to have depression in my teen years and I always knew no matter how many suicidal thoughts and putting myself down thinking I got, I couldnt do it because I knew live was meant to be lived and it was a blessing. Thankfully I have made it to the other side of the path and am a truth seeker. Much of my family must think Im crazy but its just that the path Ive taken I have experienced much of reality. Everyday gets better. The truth can be known. www.truthcontest.com
Seek truth. It has helped me in so many ways. I'm a better person and I feel better about myself like I never have before. I rarely have doubts anymore and when I do, I dont get anxious, instead I find strength in my doubts because I use it to find out the truth even more. You don't have to go to church or become religious to be spiritual and seek truth. I went from Pentecostal christian all my life and believing what i was told to seeking reality and being reassured with truth in every situation. I am still growing and learning but everyday I get closer to winning the battle in my mind. I can't express how much peace the truth gives me. Every moment up or down was worth experiencing now that I found truth. Once you do find it, your mind starts evolving and you go with the flow of life instead of fighting it. Visit www.truthcontest.com if you seek truth.
Sorry. One more thing. When you are having an anxiety or panic attack you really should find something that soothes you. For me it's singing. I can sing all day and it just puts me into a peaceful place. Maybe for some its cooking, painting, drawing, exercising, dancing, meditation, deep breathing, deep relaxation, etc..Whatever soothes your nerves, practice it daily or several times a week to remind yourself of that peaceful state you can conjure up at any moment! When you forget to practice it, dont worry just start it up again and continue to build it into a habit. Doing this will encourage your mind to find peace in moments of stress. Good luck
hi! i guess I'm at where you're at - read my older post. You just have to keep going, don't give a **** about the nasty sensations and feelings you have. Sayin it's easy, I know but if you concentrate on what is really important, in creating, building your life, your present, your future, you will "forget" about your condition and all of a sudden you will be stress free, fear free and paranoia free. Whenever you go down, let yourself feel wherever you feel, but don't stop doing what you have to do because of that and if you don't have anything to do, do something no matter how you are feeling. You were 16 when that happened so you still didn't knew much of yourself and these last years the memories you built of yourself were of fear, stress and those kind of bad sensations. Don't fight them in your mind, let them flow but keep doing things like you never had those feelings. We live how we know how to live - once you know how to live without those feelings you will no longer have them. Trust me. I've had severe panic attacks after lsd and now, after months i'm much much better and I know I will even get better. Confidence pal, have confidence, have faith in you, in the great life you have and will have.
I came to realize that im a depersonalized person. Nothing seems real to me, I live in a dream, plus I have obsesive thoughts and hardcore anxiety,
the depersonalization, feeling that everything is a dream is caused by anxiety. I feel that way sometimes, i've been obsessive as well, but i managed to work it through. Have you heard about "The Linden Method"? Contact me through my mail - ***@****
Hey,

Gonviegas and LG12345 are right. I am confident in saying that everything you're feeling- depersonalization, social 'awkwardness,' depression are ALL from Anxiety. Now I don't mean anxiety as is the typical little stressor anxiety that everyone experiences day to day, but anxiety in a whole different sense. The kind of anxiety that is crippling to everyday living, which sounds like what you have. And the good thing is, this crippling form of Anxiety is very treatable once you understand how it works.

I have had a very similar experience to yours from what it sounds like. Mine was triggered after having a small bit of mushrooms in a bad environment. I went through crazy stages; severe depersonalization, derealization, crazy mind racing thoughts that seemed to never end, EXTREME social anxiety and depression. I never used to have any of these things before my bad trip with the shrooms. Marijuana only made things worse, which was awful because it used to give me such clarity and positivity.  It's been four months since the initial onset, and all I can say is I am immensely better. I still feel 'off' and terrible at times, but I can say that I am steadily recovering.

I can attribute my progress back to normalcy to a website I stumbled across about a month after the initial onset of my symptoms. It was created by a man named Paul David, who suffered with all of the same terrible symptoms of confusion and hopelessness for TEN years (his symptoms were also started by recreational drug use). He eventually found out what it was he was feeling and the key to recovering from it. He ended up writing a book about how he overcame it called "At Last A Life."
I've stumbled across a lot of other websites offering help and "cures," most of them extremely overpriced and with a hint of "scam" from what I could see. I thought the same about this site at first until I actually started reading it and realized the gold mine I had hit. There's a great blog on the site where a lot of people share their stories and help each other, which is great and helpful too.
I wont go into much detail since the site has all the info on it clearer than I can explain, so here's the link: http://www.anxietynomore.co.uk/

All I can say is read through the ENTIRE site, as it alone has a lot of great information that will enlighten you on what's going on.

Also, another great book that goes hand in hand with what Paul David says in his book and site is called, "Hope and Help for Your Nerves" by Claire Weekes. She's a Nobel Prize nominated doctor who specialized in Anxiety. Her book was extremely enlightening as well.

Just know you are not unique in your symptoms, as much as it may seem. SOOO many others have gone through or are experiencing the same thing, which you'll see from that blog if you check it out. Majority of them go on to recover. I have already seen progress in myself. In the beginning, my symptoms were so overpowering, I truly thought at one point I was done for good and was going to be like this forever. Not the case at all for me or anyone else. It is 100% curable.

Hope this helps.

I read a number of posts on this topic. although I've never done LSD I had a similiar experience with marijuana. First of all, I always thought that doing LSD was like playing Russian Roulette with your sanity. I knew of people that went on a bad trip and never returned after doing LSD. Seeing this was good for me because I refused to let that happen.

when I was 19 or 20, I got into smoking pot regularly. Most of my friends were into downers and speed but I never graduated onto anything more than Pot.

At first the Pot highs were fun. it made funny things so intense. we would laugh for hours at a time. As time went on, I started to think about life and the universe while I was high. You have to remember, young minds being curious and vulnerable going out into the world. There were a couple of times that I got high that I paniced for no reason at all. Once I panic so bad I didnt know where to run to.

after this happened to me three times I decided to quit the weed but the last attack I had didnt stop after my high went away. It was months later and I would still panic over thoughts or situations.

After about a year, the feelings of anxiety ceased and I felt more like myself again. About 7 years later,, during stressful period, I panicked for no reason at all. It was more intense than the panic I originally had. I felt withdrawn and like I would evenually go insane but I continued my daily routine just to keep from losing it. Evenually, I went to a therapist for help.

The therapy helped tremendously as it is now 32 years later. I still suffer anxiety attacks every now and then (at one point I was anxiety free for 6 years) but I deal with them. As I look back, I realize that these attacks or feeling would have occurred regardless of the marijuana use. I am sure the Pot didnt help but I think, at least in my case, I am prone to stress overload. Granted, with all due respect to everyone on here, there are people listed above that abused the use of Pot and LSD and caused alot of their problems.

Reading these posts, I noticed that there are alot of "kids" using LSD and other drugs. Young growing minds find it difficult to face reality or a changed distorted reality. In my case with the pot, I remember thinking of the future all the time. Thinking of a world that was under a constant nuclear threat. The unsurness of what my future held. The negativity bombarded my subconscience to the point of panic.

Just my thoughts on this long string of posts.
Don´t take any psychedelics if you are not  completly informed.  They are not for recreation. It can be a life changing experience and most probably it will be. Since 2007, in Switzerland, LSD it´s been approved for people with terminal diseases with good outcomes. Psychiatrists are using it again under well controlled conditions. Don´t play around with it; it is a powerful substance that had to be used with a direction.

Anxiety is a part of existence, when psychedelics are taken the experience of the world  is magnified and borders impost by past experience can seem out of reach so anxiety arises, thoughts fly: i´m still tripping  going insane this will never end and so forth-never-ending-nonsense. But there in the middle of the storm is YOU and that makes the difference.

Life is truly beautiful and divine. Feeling caught  in the state of mind described in the majority of entries can be very disturbing but if you feel like that don´t feel dispaired. You have to be strong and got to take it easy; life we are and is priceless. Experience yourself; everything can be all right, listen to your heart and follow that path in your life. Seek profesional attention if you feel like you need it. Exercise, get to know Yoga. Learn to see that our experience of the world is what we want it to be.

Don´t loss any chance to give and  keep on strong exploring your own graceful life. Just stop thinking that you made a harm on yourself and you will forget it at some point. And learn from the process...

Peace

I know exactly what you're going through. I had a bad trip on LSD in 1974 when I was 14, and after years of dealing with it I finally realized that what I suffer from is PTSD induced by the horrifying trip. There are some drugs that can help you. There are two anti-depressants that can help - Trazodone and Remeron. They are sedating anti-depressants. Don't take any SSRI anti-depressants because they are stimulants. They will make you much more nervous and cause insomnia, which makes things much, much worse. Benzodiasopines like valium will make you feel much better for a very short period of time, but then you build up a tolerance to them and need to take more and more and eventually they do more harm than good. If you have the self-disipline to use them only occasonally, to fend off bad anxiety attacks, use them just for that purpose. But they are not a long term fix. The long term fix is, by far, learning deep breathing, relaxation. It was taught to me by a Phd. Some call it Yoga, some meditation, some self-hypnosis. It's all basically the same. You are basically training your body to relax and slow down. Once you know that YOU are in control and can manage anxiety, IT GOES AWAY. Good luck to you. I hope you take my advice. I suffered for 25 years with it. It will NOT go away by itself. YOU need to manage it. Your brain is not damaged. This problem is NOT something that you don't have control over. You can control IT. Learn to relax. Breath, slow down, calm down and get sound sleep.  Good luck
Hey guys I took LSD yesterday for the 4th time and experienced a sort of bad trip in that internally i could see all of my judgements and insecurities but outside my working self was the same and I was kind of letting whatever experience arose to be. I kept repeating to myself to Be Here Now as Ram Dass a great spriritaul teacher says. I have noticed that lsd brings with it alot of anxiety. I find that meditating and staying focused on thje here now helps alot.
Wow  - what you write has given me such strength. I took LSD 16 years ago and have suffered from a general anxiety disorder ever since (I used to take other recreational drugs too). It is just a relief to know that there are other people too who have had the same experience. I have tried so many things to deal with it but I am always worried that the LSD caused it and will keep my like it. Separating the drug from the anxiety makes it much more a kind of reality and therefore easier to deal with. Thanks for passing on your advice to us all. There are a lot of us clearly!
I took LSD several times when I was younger and had no real problems but then had a really bad trip with horrid hallucinations. I came out of it and felt relieved however, a year later a took it again (about 16 years ago!) and although I didn't have hallucinations as such I was massively paranoid and fearful and feel like I never really found my original 'reality' after that night. I have suffered from chronic anxiety all this time and tried numerous therapies and medication and some have been helpful but I am left with this haunting feeling and anxiety.
My reason for writing is two fold. Firstly I would like to know if anyone else has experienced some of the following symptoms:
Exaggerated startle response - really jumpy and the cortisol that gets released can stay in my body for hours so I feel even more detatched and it's hard to engage properly.
Feeling of negative emotion moving around my body - it's am actual physical pain and it feels like I want to release it but can't. Sometimes it feels like I need a good cry but can't.
On the upside I am far more creative, self aware and empathetic than before.
The second reason for writing is that I have come across the work of psychiatrist, Dr Edwin Roth - he has discovered something called the Post LSD syndrome he has successfully treated over 400 people with an anti psychotic drug. Google him and his work - he has even written a book that you can buy on Amazon. Everything he describes is exactly how many of us are feeling.
Let me know what you think?
Cheers everyone, Robert
I took lsd for the 3rd time a week ago. I was having the best trip ever for about 4hrs straight. It was so amazing i felt invincible. So i decided to try and deal with some past pain in order to over come it and heal myself. Unfortunately my trip became dark and negative from the word go. I was locked into a feeling of pain, yet i could not seem to get a glimpse of the thoughts feeding me this pain. I started to think i had flipped out and that i would never be the same again. This, thanks to the numerous stories i had heard before about people flipping out on acid. The remaining tenure of my trip was a bad one. Basically i think the idea that there is a chance that this acid trip would affect my peace once the acid would ware off sent me on a negative journey. Now one week later i am still dealing with this experience. I keep getting flashes of the dark feeling and it reminds me that i might be different than i was before. That i need to blame myself for this feeling. Honestly i feel like i understand the value of things and situations better than before.  Its just that the thought that something of this nature might have happened to me has put a dark stain on my psyche. I guess even a slight idea of having flipped out can easily causeripples in my reality. Though fortunately apart from this anxious feeling i am perfectly ok and able to still talk sense and be human.
It reads. Anxiety& after effects of lsd to me!!
no worry. How u doing today?

I need to add that its just not the anxiety that is driving me mad here. Its the intensity of the anxiety.  Its four folds stronger than it ever was before. How can i ignore it when it keeps coming up in my face. I feel doomed. The only thing that can help me is if it just goes away on its own.   Anyone out there!
Yep - know how you feel buddy. It is intense and hard to understand. Check out Dr Edwin Roth's stuff on Post LSD syndrome - the anxiety being the most significant symptom - he has thoughts on treatment. Also a book by Paul David - At Last A Life - hope it helps.
Just one question. Has it gotten better for you over time?
I suppose it has. I still struggle with it to be honest but have learned to manage it a lot better so I can just get on with my life. Yoga and exercise really helps to calm me down. Do you find you have feelings of unreality?
No feelings of unreality. I just feel locked itno a very negative atmosphere inward  which kind of feels like a constant doom everytime it comes up. Im just very very anxious!! Is that somewhat similiar to what you felt in the begininng?
Yes I did and the anxiety does die down compared to how I used to feel - I think it's our thoughts that maintain it -  I am now able to stop it escalating - can get on with my life most of the time and have set up my own business and function relatively normally. It's just when I get time on my hands sometimes that I let my anxiety get the better of it. This is the key really to not be afraid of it but to accept it
I have been trying tonight to accept it and not remind myself that my entire existence is different now. Everything i was and wanted to do in life before my experience with acid seems impossible in the state of anxiety that i am in at the moment.   I am thinking that i need to form a new reality system to surive in. This makes me think that my state of mind before my experience too was just an illusion. Kind of boggling at the same time calming. Last night for the first time since the trip i tried to relive the entire episode accepting it as it was. This led me to an understanding that it was my mind that had played a trick on me and that the feeling that kept haunting me during the trip was not and is not real. This worked until a few hours after i woke up today, and again that feeling of doom arose. Im thinking that i might be scared deeply from the trip, so i need to completely come to terms with the fact that this has happened and put it it behind me.
I wish it was as easy as i just made it sound!!!
Hey jorge,
I read your post on med help and thought of messaging you my own experiemce. 10 days ago i took acid fr the 3rd time. Had a bad experience. Since then my days and nights have been horrid.  Fueled by extreme negative thought patterns leaning towards suicidal Images and what not. It has by far been the worst days of my life. Through all the horrid megativity  i found an idea  that it will pass and i feel it is beginning to pass. Tohugh till almost a week after my experience i still felt as if i am doomed fpr ever. Like yourself i was not able to forgive myself for inflicting self damage to my life. Unfortunately the mind has a way of making you believe the thoughts it feeds you even though in actuality they are of no sense or importamce at all. Yet, if you pay attention to them they will affect you.  I feel what i was/ am  experiecing is due to the fact that on my trip i was exposed to a whole new reality or idea of reality. This has created ripples in my world as everything i knew or thought as importamt holds no value anymore. Acid does change you. Once it wares off , you need to remember that you will be fragile for a while till you sub consciously understand your experience and are able to process the information overload that took place whilst you were on acid. I feel this is a
completely naturaly process where your part is to just hang on and witness all the thoughts passing by. Negative or
positive. Try and get yourself to keep moving. Remember if you stay at home and just keep letting your anxiety get the better  of you then thats a cycle that will not stop. Things change drastically the minute you push yourself to do soomething you dont feel like doing in the first place. Somethings thats a real challenge.  Fore.g take your dog for a walk if u have one. Go out dancing if you like to. This really really helped me. I dragged myself out to a trance party last night and danced like a maniac. I was feeling very anxious before i got there and somehow  Felt great the entire night after. Better than ever actually. Also i have been drinking hot water with tulsi in it. This has helped me Immensely. Boil hot water with 12-15 leaves of tulsi.    Sip the water and chew the tulsi after too for a bit before spitting it out. This is a seriously moracle remedy to anxiety. I hope your feeling well already. If not then hang in there. Everyday that passes brings you closer to being anxious free.  All the best.
How's it going?Saw in your comment above that you tried Tulsi - can you let me know what this is and where you find it - assume it's some sort of herb?
Cheers
Hey , im doing much better. Thanks for your kind help with your earlier posts.  My healing process has begun and so im positively looking ahead. Tulsi is an aromatic plant that is used as a herbal medicine in numerous ailmemts one of them being anxiety.  It Works. It is even called holy basil. Here in india it grows in my backyard, though you might be able to find some at your local veggie/herb supplier wherever you might be.  Check out this page.
  http://www.ehow.com/how_6972451_cultivate-tulsi.html
Incase you are unable to find some i am willing to send you some seeds from india. Good luck.
Question:  Did or do you take lsd while one Wellbutrin?  I am currently taking 300mg per day. Do you know if Wellbutrin counteracts the effects or lessens the effects of lsd?

Thx,
g
Hey guys, My name is AJ. I started taking Hallucinogens in high school. At first it was all fun and games. Then i turned to LSD for spirituality. Then the past two summers it became almost an addiction. I became involved in the festival circuit, and lost track of reality. I am now 21 years old. THe past year i have been suffering from severe anxiety, intrusive thoughts, and depression. But this is what i believe which may differ and is no more right or wrong than any other explanation. These bad trips, were for a reason. These feeling are for a reason. I know that before I had taken any hallucinogen i was a very close minded, arrogant, hateful person who was controlled by my demons. And yes I may have been calmer and more comfortable, but that was only because I was unaware of my inner workings and the spiritual dynamics at work. Yes, there are days when i curse the fact that I took so many drugs and expanded my perception to the point that i became depersonalized and my reality had been flipped around a million times over. But the answer is in the way you look at things. Take this as a challenge, a higher calling if you will. I honestly believe that meditation and taking responsibility for my own thoughts and mind state has saved my life. I do see a anxiety specialist once a month, and he has been a positive influence on me as well. But in order to beat the anxiety you need to face your fears. Your fears have been brought to the surface, before they were bottled deep inside of you. This is a gift. I would have never seen my true potential had these fears not been met head on. Maybe I would have taken care of them years down the road at a much slower rate, or let them build up slowly behind my back until i regretted every decision i made based off a fear that i had never acknowledged. Who knows?... Our experiences that led us to this anxiety mean one thing. We are now conscious of what needs to be taken care of in order for us to lead the happiest life we can possibly achieve. This consciousness is something that many people will never have. The famous saying "Ignorance is Bliss" i'm sure many of you have heard it. My friend who suffers some of these same symptons from use of L, ketamine, E always says ignorance is bliss. He just wants the ignorance back because people seem to function more smoothly and care free in that state of mind. But being conscious is a blessing. And at a risk of sounding super cheesy i'll say, "With great power comes great responsibility." Overcoming this won't be easy, it will be far from easy. But by facing the darkest of our fears, the corners of our minds farthest from the light, we will be able to experience the opposite of the spectrum, the beauty and bliss we all long for. I'll deff be around to talk. Let's get through this together guys. Love ya
About 2 years ago I took acid for the first time. I was very stressed out from my first semester of college but I didn't really think about it until after. I didn't get visuals or anything I just felt weird all day. Then a girl told me I was schizophrenic which ****** me up for the next few months really badly. After I was done tripping it was like the anxiety wouldn't stop. I eventually went to a shrink who I didn't like and seemed to think I was just having teenager problems. I went to another shrink who turned me onto this form of treatment called Neurofeedback. I HIGHLY recommend neurofeedback to anyone else who's going through this. Essentially what happens is the person doing the treatment puts a device on your scalp that measures your brainwaves. While this is happening you watch a movie and whenever you're not concentrating fully or generally unfocused by anxiety or anything like that the movie turns off and the only way to turn it back on is to concentrate on the movie again. It basically unties all the knots in your thought process from tripping. I have two sessions left of the 20 my shrink said I should do and I'm feeling the best I've felt since I tripped. Neurofeedback treats a lot of disorders and general problems by fixing the levels of your brainwaves. You even get to watch your brainwaves and see your overall progress. It worked for me when I thought nothing would ever help me and I would stuck in this state forever. Ask your doctors about Neurofeedback, spread the word if it works for you. Also listen to music with nice headphones. Your favorite music or anything that has elements you really enjoy will be pretty therapeutic. This is possible to get past, you can live your lives, I believe in you.
Adam, I know exactly what you're talking about. I was young and dumb, 15 to be exact. I was with some friends and decided to try acid. I took a hit, a strip not liquid. and felt amazing, Everything was moving fast, Iwas laughing all night at absolutely nothing it wasamazing! Thenext day Idecided to do it again, I took 1 hit and was absoluttely fine, Then all of a sudden the room was spinning, I thought bugs were crawling all over th ceiling, I had a panic attack and had a terrible uncomfortable feeling in my throat, unexplainible, Like every time I swallowed it feltlike I was swallowing my tounge, very weird uncomfortable feeling. I closedmy eyes and layed downtrying to get away from this terrible trip, I was so scared and thought I was going to die. Layingdown didn't help. Isat in bed in complete darkness having abad trip while 6 of my friends were having thetime of their life downstairs. I finally endedup popping one ofmy xanex and layed down for another hour,. I got up and felt completely normal, I thank god everyday for that. But the aftereffects are awful, I can't smoke weed anymore my neck and throat getthat same feelingeverytime, Its absolutely awful. I willnever ever do this drug again.
I have had similar problems as most of you. basically, i keep smoking weed to a rare occasion now, and usually take only one hit. i can say that eating a healthy diet, trying to eat less animal foods (no im not vegetarian its just science), exercise, and practicing "non-thinking" or meditation are all beneficial to relieving anxiety. I am 20 years old, experimented with lsd and shrooms about 5 times each, from about age 16 to 18-ish. I experienced a few flashbacks triggered by smoking pot around this time, and in addition to that, experienced a few panic/anxiety attacks that were very similar to bad trips (insanity, doom, hopelessness). I rarely get drunk now, usually just casual drinking and thats about the only drug i mess with. oh yeah, cutting CAFFEINE out of your diet is very helpful. never was a tobacco smoker but that **** cannot possibly help you even if you are normal with respect to having anxiety. Anyways, it doesn't take hard effort really, I have witnessed roommates with severe anxiety and simply observe their behavior, cigarette smoker, coffee drinker, and mild alcoholic. creating healthy habits will relieve that problem; i have not had an anxiety attack in a couple years now.
hey im almost 19. i first dropped acid when i was about 17. I lost my virginity while ALSO on acid. I was just wondering because I seem to have anxiety in social situations which ive NEVER had before. what kind of help I should seek. I found a drug counselor did not help at all..my doctor looked at me funny when I told him that I think my cognitive functions are messed up. How should I go about seeking help?
I Have had Bad trips from psychedelics, I have also suffered from constant high levels of generalised anxiety for 2 years straight.
I smoked weed from when I was 14 into my early twenties.
Abuse of Weed I think definately contributed to my anxiety disorder erupting when I  was 17.
I think Imbalances in brain chemicals are due to a combination of Upbringing,
personality, Diet, and drug use & abuse.
What I have also learnt from my bad experiences on drugs is  that they sometimes make you vulnerable enough to have heightened experiences of yourself. Often this means facing things about yourself that need to change. (Low self worth or high standards of yourself and others for example).  
Psychedelic induced "Bad trips" for some people are often very uncomfortable but often have a hidden lesson in them. For me it has been a process of learning just how low my self worth / self acceptance / belief in myself can be or has been.
I think I am right when I say there is a big percentage of people out there that have mood disorders. It seems safe to say that it is normal on some level.
The conclusion I have come to is that although we all have imperfect upbringings, personalities, diets ect and all suffer from brain chemical imbalances at different times in our lives, all of us are here in this physical realm in order to better ourselves to make a better world. And that means learning about your faults, accepting them and taking action to change or manage symptoms and experiences.
And the point is, that no one person is the same. Therefore what works for some, doesnt work for others. It doesnt matter if its illegal drugs, legal drugs, Natures medicine or psychiatric pharmaceuticals. WHat works for me might not work for you.
For me, over the last two years, the biggest most effective medicine out of all of these has been self acceptance. In that 2 year journey of self acceptance I tried herbs, changing my diet, committed mediation, laying off alcohol and party drugs, exercise & ongoing therapy. Finally giving Antidepressants a and Anti psychotics ago when things got real hard. These prescribed drugs played a very small role for me but probably an as equal role as all the other things aforementioned.
In the last 3 months I have been able to enjoy psychedelics like DMT, Psylocybin and LSD with confidence and minimal fear of having a "Bad trip".
I have also in the same 3 month period begun weaning off my prescribed psychiatric medication. I am close to taking none at all but at the same time having either LSD, DMT or Psilocybin at least once per week.
The after effects of even a mild trip are incredible, I feel that my brain chemistry and hormones are balanced with a sense of "being back to normal" ( no anxiety ) for anywhere from 3 days to 7 days. That is very noticeable after feeling anxiety constantly for 2 years straight.
I now feel that if I were to have a bad trip, that I will be accepting of it because there is most likely something valuable about myself or life to learn from it.
I believe that life's most valuable lessons are shown to us by our strictest and most unforgiving teachers. ( Life itself )
So for me, Psychedelics like LSD, ( however i feel that psilocybin and DMT are more effective ) have been one of the final steps in my long list of different kinds of aids and therapies. But this is just for me.
For you, it might be completely the other way around. But my point is to remember how everyone is different, LSD might actually help you.
But Im sure that no one substance or method will work for anyone.
Keep at it people, find what works for you and most of all Love yourself for who you are. We all have different lessons to learn in this life and if you find yourself not fitting into society then you are here to learn something else than the people you observe around you that do seem to have it all figured out. I am pretty sure they don't but.
I haven't read every post about different peeps' experiences with LSD, but stopped at Sue's Bcause hers sounds most like my experience..I did lsd as well as any & everything available from age 14 to 18.mostly lsd, took around 100 times..lost count after 80 something..i was a FEARLESS teen who like teens now, NEVER thought of long term damage done to the mental,chemical,emotional and physical effects later in life.WELL,don't believe ANY1 who says it's harmless! If we were all created differently..well then we'll all be affected differently by drugs.I turned 35 2 yrs. ago & in ONE DAY..woke up a sick insomniac who's body from the inside out took a rapid, torturesome experience for 3 months strait & begged My Lord to just kill me..I have 2 boys & a hubby & I couldn't FUNCTION in ANY area..kept going to Drs.,NOONE knew what 2 do..felt hopeless & wanted 2 just die.No experience is the same for each individual so I could never truly express the physical & mental torment I felt.I kneeled down on the "last" day, and said..Lord, TODAY is the last..Either you help me..or take me home..THAT DAY I saw the RIGHT Doctor who took 1 hr. staring,analyzing & asking innumerable questions about my teen years & Family history..Yes, tons of Phsychadellics,snorting horse tranquilizers,mentally ill maternal family & blablabla..LSD can manifest in negative ways in ANY1 at ANYTIME..my life is 4ever changed..but am thankful to be alive..on meds. 4 2 yrs. now..they help, but NO day is the same! You CANNOT mess with drugs & chemicals & come out UNSCATHED..most of my drug buddies from back in the day are either in an institution,dead or messed up in some way..STAY CLEAN..if ONLY teens could see older people & how they now suffer from the choices we make..they MIGHT think twice about doing these drugs just becaurse at that time you THINK it's fun & harmless..but think again! You will NOT come out without SOME kind of after effect..mine took 17 years to explode..
Hi Adam,

I took LSD 2 nights ago and had a great trip until 4 am when I realized it wasn't going away. I had an "afterglow" all the next day and it was impossible to sleep. I finally got some sleep but today I still feel very fuzzy and anxious. I have a lot of the same feelings you're having: loss of sense of reality, overall discomfort and the feeling that things "just aren't right." I'm freaking myself out, and was wondering if those feelings got any better? Have you improved at all since you posted this?
I am glad to see all these posts about this wierd drug related trauma that is indescribable. I took acid a few times as a teenager in 70's and the last time I had a bad trip. I mean i wasn't screaming and crying but in my mind i felt really super wierd and terrified and was afraid to tell anyone. I was really scared about how i was feeling for a long time; and really afraid to tell anyone because i thought they would think i was crazy. it was from the lsd, no doubt, and after that i could no longer smoke pot whatsoever because of the paranoia. i finally went to the dr's at emergency room and they said i had a pottasium deficiency, so that was helpful to know. over the years i just kind of suffered with it and it slowly dissappeared, but later on it came back to haunt me in my 40's when i was under a lot of pressure at college and being a single parent. finally i got some nerve pills from the er because i was having nervous breakdown, so that really cured me. my solution was and still is to have a drink or two, or more until the anxiety passes. i have also learned to "talk myself down", and go to a place where i feel safe and normal like at home doing something i like. also i read it is good to take hot showers and stuff to get toxins out of your body. the sad thing is, my precious teenage daughter got talked into smoking some synthetic marijuana and had a VERY TRAUMATIC reaction to an unknown substance and is now on xanax to deal with the same thing that i went through. it breaks  my heart, but atleast i know what she is feeling like and i try to help her any way i can. i could go on and on about all my experiences dealing with this, i am 52 years old now and pretty much free of all that; if i ever feel panic coming on i just have a drink; but it really nevers happens anymore, thank God. thank you to all of you to have the courage to tell your stories, i think it helps other people knowing they are not the only ones. just take a nerve pill or have a drink if you have to if it gets bad, and work your way through it and try to be around good people whom you trust and do something that makes you feel comfy and safe; watch a favorite funny movie for instance; i know that stupid when a panic attack is at its worst and the scary part is that you feel like you will be stuck like that forever; it is really terrifying; but it will go away. i'm not saying become an alky or a pill head just learn what it takes to calm yourself down temporarily until you feel better. God Bless you all.
This helped me more than you know. I took one hit of acid one time, but it was enough to kinda freak me out. Smoking pot wasn't the same, but if I wasn't high I wasn't affected. The real kicker is a concussion I got about a month later. I was hungover also. So I smoked weed and BOOM... "i feel like im on acid... am i on acid? im having a flashback. I ruined my brain forever. I feel like im going crazy". All three of those things affecting how I was thinking really were a doosy. I even called my parents from college. It was about a week before school started but I asked them to come pick me up. I told them about everything but the drugs ( If anyone reads this.. I don't now if i made the right decision or not by not telling them... Sometimes I wish i had, and i almost did but its still something i think about. I would reccomend telling someone though. I told my older brother, gf, friends I tripped with previously, and a doctor) The downhill tumble accelerated. It's now about 3 months later and I'm still finding myself anxious for no reason and each time I fight to convince myself it is not LSD related. It isn't but man... it feels like it in the moment. You were pretty spot on in this...

I've been training myself mentally and working on my mental strength and resolve which I never ever had even thought about before. I'm starting to get to the point where I just keep telling myself I'm getting better and I know I am. For my I think my drug use, specifically LSD then pot only afterwards, triggered an underlying tendency in myself to be anxious. One tip for everyone... don't read what is written on the internet.... Much of it is gloom and doom and oh your ******.... youre not. Trust me and everyone else who has gone through this... It feels like you are when you are feeling anxious and your mind starts to race, but you're really not. Trust you aren't and start taking each day at a time. The brain is very plastic, meaning it can change, for worse of course, we experienced this, but also for better. A therapist told me this just today. Nothing is permanent. I'm sort of rambling but it feels good to get my thoughts out.

You will be fine. Don't pay any attention to the people who say aren't. Just do the things that make you feel better. Start living healthily, Excercise! Read, play video games. Do things that don't let your stinkin thinkin but in and whisper stupid worrisome **** in your ear. Hope this helps some of yall. wish I had found this website earlier instead of other more drug oriented websites wear teenagers post without any proof, experience or goodwill.

God Bless all of you
You're a good person to write this even after it was first posted on 2007 I'm sure life will pay you back positively because you took the time to encourage.
I took lsd 4 days ago and i think i have the same thing when i wake up in the moring i feel so weird and througout my day i keep thinking about why i took it and feel so anixious at times. What can i do to make myself feel better. will it go away
This thread is very old.  Please start your own new thread.

Thanks.
i just did
Hi - I know this was posted a few years ago but I was just wondering what the evidence was for producing too much serotonin? How do you know this is the case. I currently take an SNRI so am wondering if it is making my anxiety worse?
ashler1977 commented on ashler1977's status
12 mins ago
1 hr ago
ash009 my goal to reduce 5 kgs in ... Comment