The after effects of LSD.
After taking LSD for the third time about a week ago, I had a textbook bad trip.  Panicked, scared, restless, and generally uncomfortable; I paced around my basement and backyard for about 5 or 6 hours till I was calm enough to sleep.  The bad 'feeling' or 'vibe' from the LSD lasted through that day and the next, but eventually went away.  Well about two days ago (a week after the bad trip) I was drinking with some friends.  Got pretty drunk, and passed out on the couch.  I woke up the next morning with a hangover.  However the hangover developed into the exact same feeling that I had when I had the bad trip.  It wasn't as intense, but the same feelings of anxiety, a loss of my sense of reality, and general discomfort came with the feeling.  These feelings lasted through the day, but I tolerated them and made it to sleep.  I woke up the next morning... today, and the feelings were still there.  Today was better than yesterday, but still noticably 'not right.'  Is this depression?  Anxiety?  I am very confused and concerned for my mental health.  I'm not crazy but I fear I'm on the way.  I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow and I plan to see about prescription Xanax or Valium.  I have been warned to stay away from Wellbutrin and Thorazine, both of which have been known to worsen patients mental states in cases of drug related mental trama.  Has this happened to anyone else at all?  My main question is.. what happened?  the drug is out of my system.. and I was fine for a week.. so why should the effects come back.? something to do with drinking maybe??  Please help.. Thanks..
Wow  - what you write has given me such strength. I took LSD 16 years ago and have suffered from a general anxiety disorder ever since (I used to take other recreational drugs too). It is just a relief to know that there are other people too who have had the same experience. I have tried so many things to deal with it but I am always worried that the LSD caused it and will keep my like it. Separating the drug from the anxiety makes it much more a kind of reality and therefore easier to deal with. Thanks for passing on your advice to us all. There are a lot of us clearly!
I took LSD several times when I was younger and had no real problems but then had a really bad trip with horrid hallucinations. I came out of it and felt relieved however, a year later a took it again (about 16 years ago!) and although I didn't have hallucinations as such I was massively paranoid and fearful and feel like I never really found my original 'reality' after that night. I have suffered from chronic anxiety all this time and tried numerous therapies and medication and some have been helpful but I am left with this haunting feeling and anxiety.
My reason for writing is two fold. Firstly I would like to know if anyone else has experienced some of the following symptoms:
Exaggerated startle response - really jumpy and the cortisol that gets released can stay in my body for hours so I feel even more detatched and it's hard to engage properly.
Feeling of negative emotion moving around my body - it's am actual physical pain and it feels like I want to release it but can't. Sometimes it feels like I need a good cry but can't.
On the upside I am far more creative, self aware and empathetic than before.
The second reason for writing is that I have come across the work of psychiatrist, Dr Edwin Roth - he has discovered something called the Post LSD syndrome he has successfully treated over 400 people with an anti psychotic drug. Google him and his work - he has even written a book that you can buy on Amazon. Everything he describes is exactly how many of us are feeling.
Let me know what you think?
Cheers everyone, Robert
When I was 20 I had LSD For about the fifth time in my life.then once it wore off I smoked a joint and had an extreme panic attack and took myself to hospital and thought I was dying. The next day my first true love dumped me and I moved interstate and suffered extreme anxiety and panic attacks and agoraphobia. I could not buy a coffee without some thinking someone was staring at me. I convince myself I had the flu for a month in bed having cold sweats. I had enlarged lymph node’s and glans for nine months that were visible when looking at my neck. I was prescribed Valium and within two days I had my life under control. About six months later after using recreational drugs on most weekends I started to develop further anxiety and I didn’t know if it was from the drugs I was using or a continuation of the bad trip.  I was too scared and embarrassed to go back to my doctor.I convince myself I had the flu for a month in bed having cold sweats. And I spent  years of blaming it on my constant recreational drug use. I ended up in emotionally and physically abusive relationships where I was told that I was the drama queen and pathetic for having the reactions I did over small things. That was when I was 28 years old. Inever dealt with my panic attacks properly when they first came about.I’m now 30 years old and have just been diagnosed with a chronic panic disorder. I have lost most of my friends and my family is even over it. I recommend anyone who is suffering signs of anxiety or panic attacks to seek help as soon as possible to avoid a very traumatic ongoing ordeal that Can destroy every aspect of your life Without you even doing anything. People without anxiety don’t understand and it’s really hard to get through life when people don’t understand . good luck. Careful of xanax
I took lsd for the 3rd time a week ago. I was having the best trip ever for about 4hrs straight. It was so amazing i felt invincible. So i decided to try and deal with some past pain in order to over come it and heal myself. Unfortunately my trip became dark and negative from the word go. I was locked into a feeling of pain, yet i could not seem to get a glimpse of the thoughts feeding me this pain. I started to think i had flipped out and that i would never be the same again. This, thanks to the numerous stories i had heard before about people flipping out on acid. The remaining tenure of my trip was a bad one. Basically i think the idea that there is a chance that this acid trip would affect my peace once the acid would ware off sent me on a negative journey. Now one week later i am still dealing with this experience. I keep getting flashes of the dark feeling and it reminds me that i might be different than i was before. That i need to blame myself for this feeling. Honestly i feel like i understand the value of things and situations better than before.  Its just that the thought that something of this nature might have happened to me has put a dark stain on my psyche. I guess even a slight idea of having flipped out can easily causeripples in my reality. Though fortunately apart from this anxious feeling i am perfectly ok and able to still talk sense and be human.
It reads. Anxiety& after effects of lsd to me!!
no worry. How u doing today?

I need to add that its just not the anxiety that is driving me mad here. Its the intensity of the anxiety.  Its four folds stronger than it ever was before. How can i ignore it when it keeps coming up in my face. I feel doomed. The only thing that can help me is if it just goes away on its own.   Anyone out there!
Yep - know how you feel buddy. It is intense and hard to understand. Check out Dr Edwin Roth's stuff on Post LSD syndrome - the anxiety being the most significant symptom - he has thoughts on treatment. Also a book by Paul David - At Last A Life - hope it helps.
Just one question. Has it gotten better for you over time?
I suppose it has. I still struggle with it to be honest but have learned to manage it a lot better so I can just get on with my life. Yoga and exercise really helps to calm me down. Do you find you have feelings of unreality?
No feelings of unreality. I just feel locked itno a very negative atmosphere inward  which kind of feels like a constant doom everytime it comes up. Im just very very anxious!! Is that somewhat similiar to what you felt in the begininng?
Yes I did and the anxiety does die down compared to how I used to feel - I think it's our thoughts that maintain it -  I am now able to stop it escalating - can get on with my life most of the time and have set up my own business and function relatively normally. It's just when I get time on my hands sometimes that I let my anxiety get the better of it. This is the key really to not be afraid of it but to accept it
I have been trying tonight to accept it and not remind myself that my entire existence is different now. Everything i was and wanted to do in life before my experience with acid seems impossible in the state of anxiety that i am in at the moment.   I am thinking that i need to form a new reality system to surive in. This makes me think that my state of mind before my experience too was just an illusion. Kind of boggling at the same time calming. Last night for the first time since the trip i tried to relive the entire episode accepting it as it was. This led me to an understanding that it was my mind that had played a trick on me and that the feeling that kept haunting me during the trip was not and is not real. This worked until a few hours after i woke up today, and again that feeling of doom arose. Im thinking that i might be scared deeply from the trip, so i need to completely come to terms with the fact that this has happened and put it it behind me.
I wish it was as easy as i just made it sound!!!
Hey jorge,
I read your post on med help and thought of messaging you my own experiemce. 10 days ago i took acid fr the 3rd time. Had a bad experience. Since then my days and nights have been horrid.  Fueled by extreme negative thought patterns leaning towards suicidal Images and what not. It has by far been the worst days of my life. Through all the horrid megativity  i found an idea  that it will pass and i feel it is beginning to pass. Tohugh till almost a week after my experience i still felt as if i am doomed fpr ever. Like yourself i was not able to forgive myself for inflicting self damage to my life. Unfortunately the mind has a way of making you believe the thoughts it feeds you even though in actuality they are of no sense or importamce at all. Yet, if you pay attention to them they will affect you.  I feel what i was/ am  experiecing is due to the fact that on my trip i was exposed to a whole new reality or idea of reality. This has created ripples in my world as everything i knew or thought as importamt holds no value anymore. Acid does change you. Once it wares off , you need to remember that you will be fragile for a while till you sub consciously understand your experience and are able to process the information overload that took place whilst you were on acid. I feel this is a
completely naturaly process where your part is to just hang on and witness all the thoughts passing by. Negative or
positive. Try and get yourself to keep moving. Remember if you stay at home and just keep letting your anxiety get the better  of you then thats a cycle that will not stop. Things change drastically the minute you push yourself to do soomething you dont feel like doing in the first place. Somethings thats a real challenge.  Fore.g take your dog for a walk if u have one. Go out dancing if you like to. This really really helped me. I dragged myself out to a trance party last night and danced like a maniac. I was feeling very anxious before i got there and somehow  Felt great the entire night after. Better than ever actually. Also i have been drinking hot water with tulsi in it. This has helped me Immensely. Boil hot water with 12-15 leaves of tulsi.    Sip the water and chew the tulsi after too for a bit before spitting it out. This is a seriously moracle remedy to anxiety. I hope your feeling well already. If not then hang in there. Everyday that passes brings you closer to being anxious free.  All the best.
How's it going?Saw in your comment above that you tried Tulsi - can you let me know what this is and where you find it - assume it's some sort of herb?
Cheers
Hey , im doing much better. Thanks for your kind help with your earlier posts.  My healing process has begun and so im positively looking ahead. Tulsi is an aromatic plant that is used as a herbal medicine in numerous ailmemts one of them being anxiety.  It Works. It is even called holy basil. Here in india it grows in my backyard, though you might be able to find some at your local veggie/herb supplier wherever you might be.  Check out this page.
  http://www.ehow.com/how_6972451_cultivate-tulsi.html
Incase you are unable to find some i am willing to send you some seeds from india. Good luck.
Question:  Did or do you take lsd while one Wellbutrin?  I am currently taking 300mg per day. Do you know if Wellbutrin counteracts the effects or lessens the effects of lsd?

Thx,
g
Hey guys, My name is AJ. I started taking Hallucinogens in high school. At first it was all fun and games. Then i turned to LSD for spirituality. Then the past two summers it became almost an addiction. I became involved in the festival circuit, and lost track of reality. I am now 21 years old. THe past year i have been suffering from severe anxiety, intrusive thoughts, and depression. But this is what i believe which may differ and is no more right or wrong than any other explanation. These bad trips, were for a reason. These feeling are for a reason. I know that before I had taken any hallucinogen i was a very close minded, arrogant, hateful person who was controlled by my demons. And yes I may have been calmer and more comfortable, but that was only because I was unaware of my inner workings and the spiritual dynamics at work. Yes, there are days when i curse the fact that I took so many drugs and expanded my perception to the point that i became depersonalized and my reality had been flipped around a million times over. But the answer is in the way you look at things. Take this as a challenge, a higher calling if you will. I honestly believe that meditation and taking responsibility for my own thoughts and mind state has saved my life. I do see a anxiety specialist once a month, and he has been a positive influence on me as well. But in order to beat the anxiety you need to face your fears. Your fears have been brought to the surface, before they were bottled deep inside of you. This is a gift. I would have never seen my true potential had these fears not been met head on. Maybe I would have taken care of them years down the road at a much slower rate, or let them build up slowly behind my back until i regretted every decision i made based off a fear that i had never acknowledged. Who knows?... Our experiences that led us to this anxiety mean one thing. We are now conscious of what needs to be taken care of in order for us to lead the happiest life we can possibly achieve. This consciousness is something that many people will never have. The famous saying "Ignorance is Bliss" i'm sure many of you have heard it. My friend who suffers some of these same symptons from use of L, ketamine, E always says ignorance is bliss. He just wants the ignorance back because people seem to function more smoothly and care free in that state of mind. But being conscious is a blessing. And at a risk of sounding super cheesy i'll say, "With great power comes great responsibility." Overcoming this won't be easy, it will be far from easy. But by facing the darkest of our fears, the corners of our minds farthest from the light, we will be able to experience the opposite of the spectrum, the beauty and bliss we all long for. I'll deff be around to talk. Let's get through this together guys. Love ya
About 2 years ago I took acid for the first time. I was very stressed out from my first semester of college but I didn't really think about it until after. I didn't get visuals or anything I just felt weird all day. Then a girl told me I was schizophrenic which ****** me up for the next few months really badly. After I was done tripping it was like the anxiety wouldn't stop. I eventually went to a shrink who I didn't like and seemed to think I was just having teenager problems. I went to another shrink who turned me onto this form of treatment called Neurofeedback. I HIGHLY recommend neurofeedback to anyone else who's going through this. Essentially what happens is the person doing the treatment puts a device on your scalp that measures your brainwaves. While this is happening you watch a movie and whenever you're not concentrating fully or generally unfocused by anxiety or anything like that the movie turns off and the only way to turn it back on is to concentrate on the movie again. It basically unties all the knots in your thought process from tripping. I have two sessions left of the 20 my shrink said I should do and I'm feeling the best I've felt since I tripped. Neurofeedback treats a lot of disorders and general problems by fixing the levels of your brainwaves. You even get to watch your brainwaves and see your overall progress. It worked for me when I thought nothing would ever help me and I would stuck in this state forever. Ask your doctors about Neurofeedback, spread the word if it works for you. Also listen to music with nice headphones. Your favorite music or anything that has elements you really enjoy will be pretty therapeutic. This is possible to get past, you can live your lives, I believe in you.
Adam, I know exactly what you're talking about. I was young and dumb, 15 to be exact. I was with some friends and decided to try acid. I took a hit, a strip not liquid. and felt amazing, Everything was moving fast, Iwas laughing all night at absolutely nothing it wasamazing! Thenext day Idecided to do it again, I took 1 hit and was absoluttely fine, Then all of a sudden the room was spinning, I thought bugs were crawling all over th ceiling, I had a panic attack and had a terrible uncomfortable feeling in my throat, unexplainible, Like every time I swallowed it feltlike I was swallowing my tounge, very weird uncomfortable feeling. I closedmy eyes and layed downtrying to get away from this terrible trip, I was so scared and thought I was going to die. Layingdown didn't help. Isat in bed in complete darkness having abad trip while 6 of my friends were having thetime of their life downstairs. I finally endedup popping one ofmy xanex and layed down for another hour,. I got up and felt completely normal, I thank god everyday for that. But the aftereffects are awful, I can't smoke weed anymore my neck and throat getthat same feelingeverytime, Its absolutely awful. I willnever ever do this drug again.
I have had similar problems as most of you. basically, i keep smoking weed to a rare occasion now, and usually take only one hit. i can say that eating a healthy diet, trying to eat less animal foods (no im not vegetarian its just science), exercise, and practicing "non-thinking" or meditation are all beneficial to relieving anxiety. I am 20 years old, experimented with lsd and shrooms about 5 times each, from about age 16 to 18-ish. I experienced a few flashbacks triggered by smoking pot around this time, and in addition to that, experienced a few panic/anxiety attacks that were very similar to bad trips (insanity, doom, hopelessness). I rarely get drunk now, usually just casual drinking and thats about the only drug i mess with. oh yeah, cutting CAFFEINE out of your diet is very helpful. never was a tobacco smoker but that **** cannot possibly help you even if you are normal with respect to having anxiety. Anyways, it doesn't take hard effort really, I have witnessed roommates with severe anxiety and simply observe their behavior, cigarette smoker, coffee drinker, and mild alcoholic. creating healthy habits will relieve that problem; i have not had an anxiety attack in a couple years now.
hey im almost 19. i first dropped acid when i was about 17. I lost my virginity while ALSO on acid. I was just wondering because I seem to have anxiety in social situations which ive NEVER had before. what kind of help I should seek. I found a drug counselor did not help at all..my doctor looked at me funny when I told him that I think my cognitive functions are messed up. How should I go about seeking help?
I Have had Bad trips from psychedelics, I have also suffered from constant high levels of generalised anxiety for 2 years straight.
I smoked weed from when I was 14 into my early twenties.
Abuse of Weed I think definately contributed to my anxiety disorder erupting when I  was 17.
I think Imbalances in brain chemicals are due to a combination of Upbringing,
personality, Diet, and drug use & abuse.
What I have also learnt from my bad experiences on drugs is  that they sometimes make you vulnerable enough to have heightened experiences of yourself. Often this means facing things about yourself that need to change. (Low self worth or high standards of yourself and others for example).  
Psychedelic induced "Bad trips" for some people are often very uncomfortable but often have a hidden lesson in them. For me it has been a process of learning just how low my self worth / self acceptance / belief in myself can be or has been.
I think I am right when I say there is a big percentage of people out there that have mood disorders. It seems safe to say that it is normal on some level.
The conclusion I have come to is that although we all have imperfect upbringings, personalities, diets ect and all suffer from brain chemical imbalances at different times in our lives, all of us are here in this physical realm in order to better ourselves to make a better world. And that means learning about your faults, accepting them and taking action to change or manage symptoms and experiences.
And the point is, that no one person is the same. Therefore what works for some, doesnt work for others. It doesnt matter if its illegal drugs, legal drugs, Natures medicine or psychiatric pharmaceuticals. WHat works for me might not work for you.
For me, over the last two years, the biggest most effective medicine out of all of these has been self acceptance. In that 2 year journey of self acceptance I tried herbs, changing my diet, committed mediation, laying off alcohol and party drugs, exercise & ongoing therapy. Finally giving Antidepressants a and Anti psychotics ago when things got real hard. These prescribed drugs played a very small role for me but probably an as equal role as all the other things aforementioned.
In the last 3 months I have been able to enjoy psychedelics like DMT, Psylocybin and LSD with confidence and minimal fear of having a "Bad trip".
I have also in the same 3 month period begun weaning off my prescribed psychiatric medication. I am close to taking none at all but at the same time having either LSD, DMT or Psilocybin at least once per week.
The after effects of even a mild trip are incredible, I feel that my brain chemistry and hormones are balanced with a sense of "being back to normal" ( no anxiety ) for anywhere from 3 days to 7 days. That is very noticeable after feeling anxiety constantly for 2 years straight.
I now feel that if I were to have a bad trip, that I will be accepting of it because there is most likely something valuable about myself or life to learn from it.
I believe that life's most valuable lessons are shown to us by our strictest and most unforgiving teachers. ( Life itself )
So for me, Psychedelics like LSD, ( however i feel that psilocybin and DMT are more effective ) have been one of the final steps in my long list of different kinds of aids and therapies. But this is just for me.
For you, it might be completely the other way around. But my point is to remember how everyone is different, LSD might actually help you.
But Im sure that no one substance or method will work for anyone.
Keep at it people, find what works for you and most of all Love yourself for who you are. We all have different lessons to learn in this life and if you find yourself not fitting into society then you are here to learn something else than the people you observe around you that do seem to have it all figured out. I am pretty sure they don't but.
I haven't read every post about different peeps' experiences with LSD, but stopped at Sue's Bcause hers sounds most like my experience..I did lsd as well as any & everything available from age 14 to 18.mostly lsd, took around 100 times..lost count after 80 something..i was a FEARLESS teen who like teens now, NEVER thought of long term damage done to the mental,chemical,emotional and physical effects later in life.WELL,don't believe ANY1 who says it's harmless! If we were all created differently..well then we'll all be affected differently by drugs.I turned 35 2 yrs. ago & in ONE DAY..woke up a sick insomniac who's body from the inside out took a rapid, torturesome experience for 3 months strait & begged My Lord to just kill me..I have 2 boys & a hubby & I couldn't FUNCTION in ANY area..kept going to Drs.,NOONE knew what 2 do..felt hopeless & wanted 2 just die.No experience is the same for each individual so I could never truly express the physical & mental torment I felt.I kneeled down on the "last" day, and said..Lord, TODAY is the last..Either you help me..or take me home..THAT DAY I saw the RIGHT Doctor who took 1 hr. staring,analyzing & asking innumerable questions about my teen years & Family history..Yes, tons of Phsychadellics,snorting horse tranquilizers,mentally ill maternal family & blablabla..LSD can manifest in negative ways in ANY1 at ANYTIME..my life is 4ever changed..but am thankful to be alive..on meds. 4 2 yrs. now..they help, but NO day is the same! You CANNOT mess with drugs & chemicals & come out UNSCATHED..most of my drug buddies from back in the day are either in an institution,dead or messed up in some way..STAY CLEAN..if ONLY teens could see older people & how they now suffer from the choices we make..they MIGHT think twice about doing these drugs just becaurse at that time you THINK it's fun & harmless..but think again! You will NOT come out without SOME kind of after effect..mine took 17 years to explode..
Hi Adam,

I took LSD 2 nights ago and had a great trip until 4 am when I realized it wasn't going away. I had an "afterglow" all the next day and it was impossible to sleep. I finally got some sleep but today I still feel very fuzzy and anxious. I have a lot of the same feelings you're having: loss of sense of reality, overall discomfort and the feeling that things "just aren't right." I'm freaking myself out, and was wondering if those feelings got any better? Have you improved at all since you posted this?
I am glad to see all these posts about this wierd drug related trauma that is indescribable. I took acid a few times as a teenager in 70's and the last time I had a bad trip. I mean i wasn't screaming and crying but in my mind i felt really super wierd and terrified and was afraid to tell anyone. I was really scared about how i was feeling for a long time; and really afraid to tell anyone because i thought they would think i was crazy. it was from the lsd, no doubt, and after that i could no longer smoke pot whatsoever because of the paranoia. i finally went to the dr's at emergency room and they said i had a pottasium deficiency, so that was helpful to know. over the years i just kind of suffered with it and it slowly dissappeared, but later on it came back to haunt me in my 40's when i was under a lot of pressure at college and being a single parent. finally i got some nerve pills from the er because i was having nervous breakdown, so that really cured me. my solution was and still is to have a drink or two, or more until the anxiety passes. i have also learned to "talk myself down", and go to a place where i feel safe and normal like at home doing something i like. also i read it is good to take hot showers and stuff to get toxins out of your body. the sad thing is, my precious teenage daughter got talked into smoking some synthetic marijuana and had a VERY TRAUMATIC reaction to an unknown substance and is now on xanax to deal with the same thing that i went through. it breaks  my heart, but atleast i know what she is feeling like and i try to help her any way i can. i could go on and on about all my experiences dealing with this, i am 52 years old now and pretty much free of all that; if i ever feel panic coming on i just have a drink; but it really nevers happens anymore, thank God. thank you to all of you to have the courage to tell your stories, i think it helps other people knowing they are not the only ones. just take a nerve pill or have a drink if you have to if it gets bad, and work your way through it and try to be around good people whom you trust and do something that makes you feel comfy and safe; watch a favorite funny movie for instance; i know that stupid when a panic attack is at its worst and the scary part is that you feel like you will be stuck like that forever; it is really terrifying; but it will go away. i'm not saying become an alky or a pill head just learn what it takes to calm yourself down temporarily until you feel better. God Bless you all.
This helped me more than you know. I took one hit of acid one time, but it was enough to kinda freak me out. Smoking pot wasn't the same, but if I wasn't high I wasn't affected. The real kicker is a concussion I got about a month later. I was hungover also. So I smoked weed and BOOM... "i feel like im on acid... am i on acid? im having a flashback. I ruined my brain forever. I feel like im going crazy". All three of those things affecting how I was thinking really were a doosy. I even called my parents from college. It was about a week before school started but I asked them to come pick me up. I told them about everything but the drugs ( If anyone reads this.. I don't now if i made the right decision or not by not telling them... Sometimes I wish i had, and i almost did but its still something i think about. I would reccomend telling someone though. I told my older brother, gf, friends I tripped with previously, and a doctor) The downhill tumble accelerated. It's now about 3 months later and I'm still finding myself anxious for no reason and each time I fight to convince myself it is not LSD related. It isn't but man... it feels like it in the moment. You were pretty spot on in this...

I've been training myself mentally and working on my mental strength and resolve which I never ever had even thought about before. I'm starting to get to the point where I just keep telling myself I'm getting better and I know I am. For my I think my drug use, specifically LSD then pot only afterwards, triggered an underlying tendency in myself to be anxious. One tip for everyone... don't read what is written on the internet.... Much of it is gloom and doom and oh your ******.... youre not. Trust me and everyone else who has gone through this... It feels like you are when you are feeling anxious and your mind starts to race, but you're really not. Trust you aren't and start taking each day at a time. The brain is very plastic, meaning it can change, for worse of course, we experienced this, but also for better. A therapist told me this just today. Nothing is permanent. I'm sort of rambling but it feels good to get my thoughts out.

You will be fine. Don't pay any attention to the people who say aren't. Just do the things that make you feel better. Start living healthily, Excercise! Read, play video games. Do things that don't let your stinkin thinkin but in and whisper stupid worrisome **** in your ear. Hope this helps some of yall. wish I had found this website earlier instead of other more drug oriented websites wear teenagers post without any proof, experience or goodwill.

God Bless all of you
You're a good person to write this even after it was first posted on 2007 I'm sure life will pay you back positively because you took the time to encourage.
I took lsd 4 days ago and i think i have the same thing when i wake up in the moring i feel so weird and througout my day i keep thinking about why i took it and feel so anixious at times. What can i do to make myself feel better. will it go away
This thread is very old.  Please start your own new thread.

Thanks.
i just did
Hi - I know this was posted a few years ago but I was just wondering what the evidence was for producing too much serotonin? How do you know this is the case. I currently take an SNRI so am wondering if it is making my anxiety worse?
Reading this seriously just helped me get through what I think was a flashback. Thank. You.
I took lsd 4 months ago and while on it felt like I was dying, I am only 17 and I feel like I ruined my life. I had severe heart pain on acid and could not take it. After I went back to smoking pot daily, and one day 3 months later I smoked pot and had my heart feel like it did when i was on acid it was horrible and when I felt like that I was not able to talk and breathing was very hard. I also have anxiety and feel weird around people. When i take Xanax I feel better but my heart pain is always there. I go to the gym as well and it continues there too. What should I do?? I just wana cry, as well as going through this physical pain I also have a ****** sti and going through mental and emotional stress.
sup...this is my story, hope it helps...took LSD not knowing what it was, freaked out for 6 hours until I accepted that i was forever crazy, took of my pants and ran through the house having the "time" (if you know what i mean) of my life, next day woke up and everything was normal...months later took it again hopping this would be time it would be fun from the beginning, it wasn't, this time I never came back to normal, now i smoke weed and get a whitey (anxiety, puke, double meanings to everything, think what i see is in my head, etc), get drunk and get a whitey. So as you can see i don´t learn easily because i have an addicted personality, now being "addicted" to whiteys, and have the sensation I have been tripping ever since the first time (two "normal" years ago).

Here´s my advice (for the ones that feel like me), as you may have noticed while you're tripping you get the sense you're going somewhere and that when you get there it's gonna be the best most important thing/time of your life and you'll know everything, but you never get there and think maybe if i take more i'll make it.

This thought is what causes the anxiety, the possibility of taking the drug again and being in that state again makes me shaky of just thinking it.

So first take the decision, make a choice and delete the possibility, be strong and say, i´m never doing drugs again, this might be difficult as probably your friends (as mine) do drugs on a regular basis, but it's your life, your sanity and your happiness, if someone doesn't understand their are not your real friends. Make sure you tell your friends about whats happening to you (as you're reading n the internet i'm pretty sure few people know about your situation) I'm not saying you wont relapse (i have several times), but i tell you it gets better, you learn to control yourself and become smarter recognizing your feelings. MAKE A CHOICE.

Second, realize the LSD illusion of "going somewhere", the only real thing for you is right now, this here moment, so make the most of it, stop thinking ahead and enjoy every moment, be happy as you are right now. It helps me to think, what if knew that i had 30000 years to live instead of 80-90, what would i do, what would i change. You know Friday is coming, you know you might drink and smoke again, stop thinking about it a decide not to, now the possibility (the might) is gone, and your mind can rest a little bit, you're not as restless as before. little things like that can help. LIVE THE MOMENT.

Third, take care of your body/mind, as it is your vehicle through life, you can't just be anxious and expect a pill to take it away, take action, eat healthy and relax doing what you love whenever you can (in my case ride my bike). Your body knows whats best for him. LIVE HEALTHY.

So this is what has worked for me, i'm now clean of drugs (alcohol, weed) for 4 days (2 months until my last relapse and anxiety attack), and each day i feel better. Good luck to all and as the song says,

Row, row, row your boat,
Gently down the stream.
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily,
Life is but a dream.

Remember, merrily, take one day at a time.
Hi needofcare, i exactly know what you are going through. As i myself have been there around the same time of the year. I am 100% alright now and i hope you are too but in case you still have emotional stress and anxiety let me tell you it is just temporary. it is just a state where your Amygdala is constantly running on a high level and forcing the release of adrenaline. this is causing a constant state of fear like feelings which are a result of the fight or flight response but there is no actual danger. so your mind is projecting fear or everything and anything causing you to release more adrenaline and have a fear cycle. All this is science but in simple term your thoughts are making you afraid. All i did to get better was say F**K it. I was constantly worried about my job future and my loved once and myself and so could not get out of this stage. Finally i said F**K it and went to stay with my parents and my brother who was very supportive and completely understood me. then for the next 3 months i just stopped worrying about anything. i developed a mindset that these are the 3 months of my life where i will not think about the future or worry about the present and just do whatever i feel like. And slowly as time went by I got over the feeling of constant anxiety. it took me around 5 months to completely recover from it. also i was on very small dosage of anti-depression meds. let me know anytime you need help.
Hey, i saw your reply to needofcare, And i am in the same position.
Although i believe mine is far worse than any others. I had taken Acid around 2 years ago, and till now i have the anxiety symptoms and panic attacks.
I dont think i will ever be able to get out of it.

Do meds help? Do they have long term side effects?
When you take LSD you actually alter your consciousness state and for 8 to 12 hours your mind is perceiving reality without filters which means that your subconscious mind (90% of who you are) is also exposed and reveled. If you had a bad trip you should try to understand it, analyze all the bad feelings and thoughts you had, it is actually good sometimes to have a bad trip because you can see what it wrong with your believes. LSD just expend your mind, consciousness and toughs, most of the time problems are Psychological than Physical, I would suggest you talk in details about your bad trip experience with a Psychologist or you write down in details what you saw, what you heard and the experience you had, try to analyze your thoughts and understand your fears that lead you to have a bad trip, after you identified your thoughts you can try to work on them. We live in a complex society and the reality is much more complex that what we believe, our science and medical treatments are blind as they still see the world in the Newtonian way where actually consciousness has a primary role in how we perceive reality. There is nothing bad in feeling anxious, I see it as an internal message which require attention. Love yourself, live a balanced life, write a diary and accrue knowledge. Believe in nothing but understand as much as you can.
Psychadelics literally ruined my life, man. I've had plenty of bad trips, but just kept dosing, not listening to what people were telling me. What am i up to now i ask? I have so much social anxiety, i can barely leave my house. My last trip was almost a year ago. My parents always like to say that i'm still 'recovering" but i know they are just trying to convince themselves that everything will be okay. I am not that naive. My condition is pretty much equivilant to what people call AVPD. Trust me, man. For some people, psychadelics can open up your mind and change your life in extremely positive ways, but for us more sensitive minds, it can really, and i mean REALLY, damage your psyche. My thoughts go out to all of you on this sad thread. :(
absolute champion mate, reading this really helped me get back to normal :)
Hi, I tripped 2 days ago for the first time. I had been drinking, and casually decided to try my friend's roommates' LSD. It was a stupid decision and now I'm thinking the worst decision of my life. I do have some anxiety issues and have periods of short-term depression. The trip was wrought with mistakes...I took it alone, my "monitor" became blackout drunk, and we went out in Manhattan....not exactly a safe, calm setting. I had also been experiencing some anxiety a few days before but had felt great that weekend, which I'm reading now isn't a healthy "set."  I took it around 1am on Sunday....the first few hours were great, but then my friend blackout wandered off and I ended up with two acquaintances who I knew but didn't feel comfortable around, and then the trip went bad. Luckily I saw no hallucinations, but did feel paranoid and afraid, very anxious, until about 6pm on Monday. I was also experiencing visuals (moving walls, moving floor patterns) for about 17 - 18 hours, so I'm guessing that's how long my trip was. I didn't sleep at all during this time, and again, felt major anxiety and paranoia.
(sorry didn't copy and paste whole comment)

I was thank God able to sleep Monday night for about 10 hours, but since have not felt the same. I still have minimal appetite, waves of elation, followed by anxiety, followed by really tired / eyes heavy / "out of it" feeling. These waves are getting shorter and a little less extreme, but definitely still there. I am feeling somewhat "dissociated" but that's getting a little better with time. Monday night I was basically too anxious to sleep, I did manage to crash from like 5am til 11am. I did notice that on Tuesday I was able to concentrate a little more and wasn't spacing out....Monday, people would ask me things and I didn't even register them sometimes. I fell asleep last night (Tuesday night) around 10 but woke up at 2am feeling really "up" and unable to go to sleep. Light is still a little weird and I feel woozy, slightly dizzy. Stationary things move slightly, not nearly as intense as when I was tripping, but the visual weirdness is still there.

I am really worried because this is the beginning of day 3, which my experienced friends say is when you're back to normal. I'm reading a lot about afterglows and HPPD and really hoping it's not HPPD. Any advice or similar experiences? I'm about to tell my parents and seek medical help because I am so scared. They will kill me but hopefully I'll get better and this will end soon. LIterally never ever doing any drug again this fear, lack of appetite and healthy sleep, and altered visual stuff was so not worth the 5 cool hours I experienced. Did you improve after those 4 days?
how did it pan out for you?
Hey I am going through an identical situation as you guys
How are you guys doing today?
thank you, since I tripped last night, all of my insecurities and self doubt came bubbling to the surface, and I've been kinda freaking out today not knowing really what I'm feeling right now, your comment really put me at ease and let me at least grasp what is happening.
I just had my first flashback today, i ate way too much L on the night of the blood moon eclipse thing a few weeks ago and attributed it to the world ending because i watch a lot of naruto and the main villain was trying to end the world via a red moon (casting a sort of magic over the entirety of the world that was like hypnosis) So i thought i was going to die and every new thought i A.D.D'd to only served to make me think the world actually was ending, fast forward about 3 or 4 weeks i guess and now i'm just starting to recognize that i feel like i'm still tripping and i have felt that way since i woke up the next day after my bad trip, anyways i'm rambling... we tend to do that, don't we? My point is i'm saving your post as a word document and i plan on reading it every time i start to freak out, because the first time i read it i was in the middle of freaking out, literally sobbing as i read it but by the time i finished reading your post i felt okay, i felt safe, so thank you, from the bottom of my heart thank you for writing this, you're the reason i feel better, and you're the reason i realize what is actually wrong with me and just knowing that is half the battle.
Dude i love you! Thank you sooo ******* much! I have started battle with this horseshit and what works for me is that (i go to bathroom and stand infront of mirror) i imagine myself as a fully armoured  warrior in face of overwhelming army say 50-1 and than i start repeating in myself "You can't live in fear,they are coming,raise your shield and protect yourself,they will greet you as hero!" and i get motivation and feel like i strenghtened my mind with this,the other time i had attack i imagined i was a wolverine and i had healing factor and i sat on the floor and whispered to myself "any minute now bub" as if i was waiting for healing factor to kick in and i did manage to fight it that way. although i read a lot about diazepam helping this condition i decided that i will fight it without any pills and i keep repeating to myself that i am strong and that i have titan mentis,and that i will be victorious...the times i really really can't fight it i start reading book,for example i finished memoires of Maurice Claudius Echer-researching the infinity or play video games or if i am into way way over my head i start drawing on large format papers and i just let my hands empty my mind of it,i let myself lose control and draw like no tomorro,hysterical and manicly drawing lines into form broken couple pencils but still keep doing it even got bruises on my fingers but not stoping untill i colapse out of exaustion,and after that i feel like happyest person alive...i don't know if this is right or wrong but i think that this is altering me in a good way,it is strenghtening me and i am becoming a good person. What also calms me down is taking care about my ill grandmother,and talking to my parents and repeating to them how much i love them and how much i care about them,even prepare lunch and diner for them from time to time and trying not to whine but rather to warn my friends who are into stupid **** what happened to me and that they should avoid it.
Do not give in brothers,do not sink,we fight! We all will win! Just keep on fighting,at the end,life IS all about fighting to feel alive,and what you feel is completely normal. It is normal to feel,it is normal to be sad,it is normal to be upset and happy,life would suck if there wasn't for ups and downs!
So keep fighting! I love you all and i will pray for you all!
We will overcome this!
You hit the nail on the head - I'm going through the same thing and went though the same steps! This really works guys.

I would just add that meditation and thinking about your trip in a positive light will also do wonders; for example, try to see how this will benefit you from now on - think about how this can help you be stronger and perhaps even help others. I actually went though a sort of spiritual journey as I was battling this thing before I finally came to the conclusion that it's simply anxiety. I can now return to my normal life but I just had a mini panic attack a few hours ago after a month of dealing with this. However this time I was able to handle it super quickly and it's like it didn't even happen.

Your mind is just confused and you have to retrain it to think the way you want it to! Take this as an opportunity to jump start a positive lifestyle! You will get better no worries :)
Read the post by  LG12345

In addition,

Read the post by  LG12345

In addition,

hi so i did LSD in feburary 2016, so 6 months ago, when i was 17 i am 18 now and i had a really bad trip that i dont even like talking about, at first i panicked every time i heard the word lsd but i am slowly recovering and things are already getting a lot better, the key is too stay positive about everything and what usually helps me is saying "positivity overpowers negativity" sometimes i even just say positivity overpowers because i dont even wanna have the word negativity in my head and it works, being confident that you will get better is also key, trust me eavh and everyday im gettinf better and i know eventually ill be fully better completley in my mindset, and tell yourself that you dont have aniexty or depression and everything is okay, because everythinf is okay, yes it is hard at first but you have to be strong, because things will get better, i still have my bad days somedays but i know ill get through the day and things will be better tommorow which helps me too, and another thing is i learned that i have to just focus on what makes me happy and myself, because i use to worry too much about other people, but then i realized thats there life and they make there own choices good or bad, and i just need to keep focusing on myself cause my life is my own journey and life and noone can live for me, i always use to feel bad for mostly everything even laughing at some mean jokes but its my life and i dont mean it intentually its just my sense of humour i guess, and i stopped feeling so bad, its been 6 months and i already feel sooooooo much better, and i know im just gonna keep getting better and better maybe even more better then i was before i did LSD, and let me tell you i was a very happy positive laughy girl, and now im just trying to get back that way or even better, i realized i just had a bad trip it happens, i was under the influence of a drug, and everytings okay, you just gotta be strong and know that you will make it through this hard time in your life, bad times never last, and things WILL get better, well i hope this helped some people:)
This about 3 weeks after my lsd trip and at night some of the feelings of lsd come back like u said not as intense but my thoughts are pretty bad and it scares me like am I going insane or is this anxiety and I'll be googling anxiety schizophrenia OCD and signs of becoming mentally ill and sometimes I'm confused about life like how do I look the way I look and I get depressed when I look at pictures of me when I was a kid like I'm never gonna be the same again and I cry and my anxiety grows worst cause I will think of horrifying things in my mind
Its like you've e taken the words right out of my mouth...