Anxiety Community
Therapy tomorrow!?!?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Therapy tomorrow!?!?

I made appt for therapy tomorrow. I don't really know what's going on I have never been diagnosised with anxiety,but I feel like that's what's going on.

Have you done therapy? What are we going to talk about?I'm kinda nervous about the whole thing

Hi.  In therapy they want to know how you're feeling, what's been going on in your life, and how you feel about it all.  If needed they will ask questions about your childhood......it's all about you.  They know what questions to ask, so that makes it very easy and once you start talking about everything...this alone will make you feel better.  I found therapy to not only be very beneficial but a wonderful learning experience about myself.  Don't be nervous, you'll be talking with someone who is there to help you sort thru everything and feel better.  Be very honest with them about everything you're feeling.  Keep us posted, and I wish you all the best!
I have to agree...seeking counseling was the most important step I took in confronting my anxiety.  At first, I felt a little akward about approaching intimate details in my life with a total stranger, however, remember these people are professionals and have dedicated their lives in trying to help others work on different challenges.  Remember to relax, and you can be totally candid with your therapist...I would bet that he/she gets that with almost every new client that comes into the office....keep us posted!
that you for you answers

i havent been diagnosised with anxiety but i have had a few health problems and i think that in turn has caused me to have some kinda anxiety. so i guess thats what im looking for

i went to my GP today and talked to her and cried for the first few mins cause i just feel crazy saying i dont know whats wrong with me, she gave me 15 xanax and said to see her in 2 weeks after these appts that i have. and depeneding on what happens might switch to zoloft or something

im almost positive i will cry like an idiot again tomorrow at this session.
therapy in a few hours.....kinda nervous.....
guess nobody wants to talk
Hey there, medical issues can and does cause us anxiety.  Therapy is going to be good for you, try to look forawrd to putting this all behind you!
Hope your therapy went well.  You are allowed to cry in therapy, in fact a majority of people do at some point in time.
TinaR10 commented on TinaR10's status
mishymoshymarcy I need motivation. Feeling ... Comment
CRSeaside commented on weaver71's status