Anxiety Community
This all from anxiety?

A community of people with Anxiety offering support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

This all from anxiety?

I've had anxiety issues for a couple of years now. I've managed to logic the daily anxiety away, but at the same time my stomach started to act up. I'm now hit with night time anxiety, usually right before I go to bed and when I'm in bed.

But the other night I started to get a case of the shakes that would not go away. I felt hot under my skin and my heart rate was increased. I figured I was having symptoms of an anxiety attack, but I felt no anxiety. So I went to bed and woke up a few times over a couple of hours feeling exactly the same. I had also lost some weight as I weighed myself in the morning. Later on I got my temperature taken and I was 96.1 degrees, that was causing the shaking and strange feeling of under the skin heat. Dove under a couple of blankets and had a couple of hot cups of tea and that brought my temperature up.

But now I seem to be suffering from stomach cramps, nasal drip, not not being able to put food in my mouth, diarrhea and dehydration. On that note, I've always had a poor diet and lack of appetite and I usually don't drink enough. But I've never really been hit with these ailments before.

What gets me is the lack of anxiety and the temperature drop. So I'm not sure if this is all a symptoms of anxiety or something else. I'm aware anxiety can cause physical ailments. But I can't help but wonder if it's something else. I suppose I'm looking for some peace of mind, but darned if this is bugging me.
How often do you drink coffee?
Or for that matter how often do you have caffeine and at what doses?
I don't drink coffee. And I don't drink pop that often. Only when we go into restaurants. then it's usually just abut half, or a full can of root beer. so in a week probably...3 or 4 cans?
Well that's interesting. I get identical symptomns to you but only when I have excessive caffeine. Upon further research the symptomns I got; nausea, stomach pain, diarrhea, no appetite, anxiety, insomnia and elevated heart rate were all symptomns of a caffeine overdose. I am extremely succeptible to caffeine and if I have even one energy drink or one coffee, I get those symptomns. I stopped taking caffeine about 2 weeks ago and haven't had an episode since.

Doesn't sound like that's the only problem for you though. However, I'd avoid caffeine completely just to be safe.
mishymoshymarcy Tell me there is more to li... Comment
1 hr ago
MrMa74 commented on doses and sleep
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms