Anxiety Community
Tingling and weird sensations from anxiety?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Does anyone here have tingling and other weird sensory symptoms on a daily basis?  Mine has been here for 6 years, but it seems that they are getting worse.  I find it hard to believe that people can have these weird sensations from anxiety alone.  I have had a brain MRI and c-spine MRI, the only thing that showed was a bulging disk.  Anyone else have this?
Tags: Anxiety, head
I have only been having these "anxiety" symptoms since last November.  But right after and much into March I had a tingling behind my sternum.  I also had a light tingling on the top of my head.  I don't have them much anymore, not the constant tingling like in the beginning, but they were very troubling.  

I am probably not much help but my doctors, the cardiologist and my family doctor, sent me for the tests they thought were necessary and when those came back normal told me that it was all part of anxiety.  Of course, I went on to another family doctor and two more cardiologist because I couldn't believe that I was causing this to happen to myself.  As you can imagine, normal results.

Tingling is a part of anxiety in some people (according to my doctors, the whole lot of them!!), have you seen a therapist?  I haven't but I am heading in that direction because, I too, have a hard time believing anxiety can cause these symptoms.  That is what has been great about these forums.  Other people seem to have such similar experiences, you have to almost find some relief in that.  

I wish you well---t.
Omg really i did not know that tingling was so common with anxiety I have been almost anxiety free for 6 monthes but I still have head tingles all the time they scared me so much I have posted in the nerology section! I have had them for 1 year know. I had all the test done and they say it is nothing at all. So if you have it and i have it and we have anxiety it might be common!
Take care!
Yeah, tingling is one of my main symptoms as well...but it's not constant. If yours is constant, then I bet it has everything to do with the buldging disk!!! Good luck!!!
I get a sensation on my face that driving me nuts, its been there for two months. feels like my a wave in my cheek and chin.
YES!  In fact those tingling sensations were why I had trouble accepting anxiety as a diagnosis.  Once the anxiety came under control, that all went away.
How did you get your anxiety under control?  I've been on Prozac a few different times in the last 4 years, it doesn't help.  I only take 20 mg, do you think I could possibily need to up my dosage?  Maybe I need a "shrink".
I also have trouble with anxiety due to PTSD. I asked my family dr. why I keep having head-aches & muscle twitches all over my faces. They occur in different spots on my face, even my lips  & it is like a little electric current that travels upward about 1 inch under my skin. I actually hear a pop sound in my ears when this occurs. I also have sore jaws from clamping down hard with my teeth when I sleep. I wear a night guard on my teeth at night to prevent grinding but my jaws stay terribly sore.
My dr. says that it is all due to stress. Which I agree because I have been going through a terrible time with something that has happened to me. But the muscle twitches are very scarey!
Bonnie
Aropax can be better for anxiety than prozac.  I think it is called paxil in the US.
It should help and the tingling should go away if it is anxiety related.
I've had a "buzzing" feeling in odd places and tingling, with anxiety

Good luck.
Hi everyone.  I have posted a comment about this before.  I thought it was something to do with my back or a pinched nerve but I still have the tingling and weird sensation on the right side of my face and head.  It is not really bad - worse sometimes more than others but it still bugs me and I wonder what it is all the time.  I just recently ready about "the dangers of cell phone use"  Radiation or something from the cell phones can cause headaches, forgetfullness  and this kind of stuff - and Brain Tumors so they say.  Do any of you use a cell phone a lot?  I use about 3000 to 5000 minutes per month for work and I always use it on my right side - coincidence????  Probably but maybe with so much cell phone use I can calculate that it may be cause for anxiety and that might be the cause for all my weird syptoms (symptoms).

Anyway I have done all the tests too and they all say there is nothing wrong.  

Just hoping to figure this out.  If I do I will post it.

See ya!
Hi everyone.  I think this is a great forum that's answered a lot of questions for me in the past.  Now I have a few :)  It started about 2 months ago as a headache.  Just sort of a dull, pressure feeling.  I also noticed my mid-back was tender.  I freaked and went to the Dr.  They evauluated and gave me some prescription ibuprofen.  I did start to feel a bit better but then about a week ago the headaches started again but with this weird feeling in my head.  Hard to explain but sort of like a tingling, burning, itchy sensation.  It comes and goes.  I wake up feeling great but it doesn't take long for it all to start.  Once and a while I get the sensation all over...arms, back of neck.  It feels like i'm wearing an itchy sweater.  I've never taken any meds for it so it wouldn't be a side-effect from anything....other than your typical day-to-day anxiety, new job stress, holiday shopping - all that good stuff.  Headaches and neck pain instantly mean Meningitis or Brain Tumor to me.  I feel like I would have more symptoms though if that were the case.  Anyways...just wondering if anyone suffers from that same sensation in their heads.  Thank you and Happy Holidays!!
One thing to add to my post - I feel like the muscles in my shoulders/neck area are so tight they are going to snap. I've tried heat, ice and a combo of both to no avail.  My back is still slightly tender, too.  Ok, that's it.  Thank you!
Clothes bother me tremendously.  I get weird crawling, and cold feelings in my head also, just realized that when I get these they are followed by a migraine.  I asked a question on Med-help Neurology forum, and the neuro suggested "central sensitization".  You may want to google this.  If its migraines that you are having this might be the cause.  The only way to stop these feelings he said was to take Topamax, Elavil, or Nadadol.  Sometimes I can't wear jeans or a shirt that are to tight because I tingle and itch, soon as I pull the clothing away from my skin, it stops.  Very strange indeed!!!
I have also been having strange tingling sensations in my neck and face.  Particularly on my right side.  I thought the tightness in my face was due to the cold weather and my face being dry, despite using a moisturizer daily.  My neck and shoulders are tight as a drum, they have been for years, but the tindling and tightness is a new sensation altogether.  I am also a Diabetic with a Pituitary Microadenoma and the thought of a stroke or blocked artery terrifies me.  Even though I am only 27.  My husband and I will make a trip to the doctor hopefully this week to get it checked out.  I have been under alot of stress the past few weeks and stumbled accross this thread.  Hopefully it will not be anything serious.
Hi all, never realised how many people suffered from this pain in the ass problem.

I've read all you symptoms and realise how horrible they are. Mine started due to alcohol, working abroad in france, very strange feeling. I fould i would become agitated while alone and began to think about my breathing which would result in me trying to control breathing, then i begun to breathe too much too often, pins and needles started in face, then into arms, and tingling everywhere, i could feel my neck tighten and dont know if anyone else gets it but my right ear just blocked up slightly, sickness feelings followed, heart palputations then i got so dizzy i would almost faint, then panick attacks turned up to make me feel special. It actually felt like i was dying (even though i havent experienced it yet)...that is how id describe it.

Ive found a few ways to try and combat these feelings but im still going to see someone to make sure that i get the best advice to solve this self afflicting problem.
The techniques ive used to try and solve this problem are:
1. When i get tight muscles in neck etc. I tense up all muscles in shoulder and neck for about 5 seconds as hard as i can then slowly relax them which relaxes me enough to try to calm down. This also works well if finding it hard to sleep, tense each individual muscle in turn from head to toe and concentrate as u relax your muslces about relaxing them as far as you can, it really puts your mind off the problem.
2. I turned to alcohol to begin with which work well when your drunk as you forget about being anxious, this was definatley the wrong thing to do as its made my anxiety much worse, instead i concentrated on breathing by taking 4 seconds for a breath in, and 4 seconds for breathing out, this really relaxes you if done properly.
3. Excersise was another good helper for me, anytime i got tingling sensation in my face id do some excersie like pressups, situps etc to put my mind off it, it worked really well, and made me fitter which is a bonus.
4. Biggest and best thing ive done is to give up smoking, i think smoking was probably one of the main causes for me, i got a tight chest and started to panic due to lack of breath. Have not had one panic attack so far been non smoker for 1month so going well, still get anxiety issues though but getting better.

Anyway these are the techniques im still using to try and solve this problem..ive just started getting this really weird dull headache that feels like pressure in my head "lovingtyler" mentioned it earlier, so i just want u to know i get it too, it started about 2 days ago, feels really weird like im really dizzy, feels like im going to fall over now and again, like being on a boat, im still not sure whether this is anxiety related but it is making me anxious, bet its all in my head but it is worrying...if anyone else is getting this sensation id also like to know. It feels really weird!!!

Cant believe i get this stupid problem, im only 23, seems like a pointless waste of time...anyway thank you for your comments they really help.

I HAVE STINGING LIKE PINS AND NEEDLES NOT ONLY IN MY HANDS AND FEET BUT IN MY UPPER LEGS AND IN MY STOMACH AND EYES , MY FACE TINGLES LIKE I JUS RAN IN TO A SPIDER WEB  IM ON 20 MG ON LEXAPRO BUT IF T HIS IS ANXIETY THEN IT IS NOT HELPING, SOMETIMES MY LEGS KIND OF FEEL LIKE JELLO I STAY REALLY WEAK I DONT WANNA DO ANYTHING BCUZ I FEEL LIKE IM GOING CRAZY, WHAT SHOULD I DO
I have tingling in the face and it comes and stays for a few days then leaves and comes back again. I'm 18 and have a eating disorder but trying to fix that. Could this be the problem. Any suggestions will help. Thanks
I really wish I could help you both.  I have had these same feelings for 5 years now.  They are awful.  I tried Prozac for a while, it made everything extremely worse.  They keep telling me its anxiety, I don't believe it at all.  I have a follow-up with my neurologist tommorow.  She's probably going to want to do the lumbar puncture, what fun!!!!
Thank god i've found this forum, i too experience these sensations, i get facial twitches all day and a taught, tight feeling in my check.  I also have overwhelming feelings of wanting to cry and can't beleive it when the doctor says its just stress, i really feel more like i'm going mad and worry i have cancer as your threshold can only handle so much.  No one else seems to get it and just treat you like a hypochondriac. I don't have it when i wake up so that makes me beleive its stress but i also grind and clench my jaw and wear a night guard. Its strange what the body will do, good luck everyone at least we no where not going mad.
Wow, this entire thread nobody has mentioned massage therapy or chiropractic.  Doesn't this seem like the logical first choice?
Been there, done that!!!  Chiros, massage therapists, physical therapist, all ready done!!!
Damn i wasn't even sure the tingling sensation was caused by anxiety
I'm so happy you guys posted your comments on this subject, im having a tingling sensation as a type this, but its much easier knowing that its anxiety related.
i recently just got bad anxiety i had a bad knot in the back of my neck from tension that made my head shake for a sec plus i was sleeping weird. I also had a bad tension headache from the knot in my neck i thought i had brain cancer i couldnt get it out of my head for some reason then my body would shake like im nervous couldnt sleep i would get hot flashes eyelid would shake heart would race and now i have the tingle on my head this anxiety is killing me. Now all i have is the tingle on the top of my head but wow i feel bad for people who have to deal with this on a daily basis i hope i dont get it that bad again
can anyone reassure me im not going crazy?? Its so reassuring to read what other people are saying. I get a strange numbness in my head which lasts a few seconds then goes. It makes me feel so frightened as i am suffering from anxiety. Im also starting to get a tingling feeling on different parts of my head. Ive been told its to do with anxiety but its so scary for me. Nice to know im not the only one!
you guys almost have the same symptoms as i do. since i was about 13 (i'm 19) now, i've dealt with this triggered prickling feeling that begins in my back and goes up the spin to my upper arms, my neck, my face, and especially the top of my head. it will last about 30 seconds to 5 minutes. the only 2 things i've found that trigger it are dry heat and excessive exercise. i ran track throughout high school and played lacrosse, and during the workouts it would sometimes come and it would incapacitate me since i would be unable to focus on anything but the prickling all over my upper body. it happens a lot less these days, but i still get it at least 2-3 times a week (as opposed to 1-2 times a day). i was just wondering if anyone has these symptoms that act in this way? ive never had it where it lasts longer than 5 minutes at a time. my mother has fibromyalgia and i think it could be related to that, but i have no other symptoms of fibro to make me believe that's the cause.
I have had similar symptoms now for seven months..tingling, really bad neck pain, burning sensation in head, lightheaded, etc, I have one symptom at least all the time.  I am glad there are people that know what I am talking about...I really was scared for along time that there was something seriously wrong with me.  
Hi, I'm a 28 year old female
Ive had similar symptoms that will not go away, tongue tingling for the past 8 months down the left hand side, almost feels like its swollen,went to docs/ dentists etc etc then had tingling slightly in right hand side of face occasionally, docs told me it was due to the oestrogen in my contraceptive pill, so came off that but no change, just had my MRI, awaiting results and very scared, however have been through very problematic times recently, berevements etc so not sure whether or not these are causing. But I handle stress well with yoga etc. My main problem, which many will think unusual is that I had my future told, and everything has come true EXACTLY and was told to get my head checked out, and kept emphasising the fact....this is now happening!!!very very very scared about the results.  Neuro thinks I have inflammation of brainstem but this can be caused by tumors, just wondering if anyone has had the same symptoms?
thanks
I have had this problem. I will be sitting and have pins and needle feelings in my hands and legs and feet. I thought that I was alone until I saw this forum.
I've had that since whiplash three months ago - started pins/needles, numbness, now just buzzing.  It has lessened some, but still scary.  I have neck stiffness (base of skull) and feels like I'm wearing tight hat at times.  Doctors think anxiety, but it started a day after whiplash accident, and began with trembling through body, diarrhea and confusion, etc.

I feel more "in control" now, not so out of it, but the buzzing is driving me crazy and I feel agitated all the time.  I was also thinking MS and all horrible diseases, but because this started as a result of neck injury, I feel it must be related.  

I'm thinking of trying B12 injections and I continue to walk, do yoga, etc, but I still have buzzing and agitation, as well as upper neck stiffness and skull tightness.
And, yes - I do have bulging disk that showed up on MRI.
where are your bulging disks at?  Thanks.  Jen
What?
I never knew tingling was a symptom....even when you're not worried?
I used to get this weird feeling on the top of my head, tingly..but mostly like someone was pulling a few strands of my hair....
don't know if it's the same thing
oh my i have been on this site for 5 years and always asking does anyone have the head tingling and most say no this is the first. i have had head/heat/itch/tingling for 5 months now , its my ears and around my head and top of head that does it , this is how i know my anxiety is still with me even if i dont feel stressed i still feel it. it does go away some now but for months it was a everyday all day long thing. it has to be anxiety, i had anxiety 3 years ago and it came went away than this year due to my moms health it came back. so i know how ya feel , mri was good its just anxiety. my dr says he heres it a lot i just didnt know anyone with it. my mom and sister both have anxiety but do not have the head/ears tingling, guess am the lucky one with theirs they passout so reather have the head tingling than passing out any day. good luck all have a tingling free day.
My head sometimes will feel like it has chills in it.  Like when your cold, and your body shivers, but just in your head, weird.  I get this around mid-cycle, and sometimes before a migraine strikes. My Mother still complains about this, and she has been through menopause for 10 years now.  My step fathers Mother complained of this for many, many years also.  As far as the tingling, not during an attack, I dunno.  I have had all kinds of weird burning, pin pricks sensations for 8 years, had 2 brain MRIs, c-spine, lumbar, and just yesterday got the results of my thoracic MRI, everything was normal on all these except for a bulging disk at C-3.  Hope everyone has a tingle-free day.

Jen
Your not alone... I have tingling in nearly every part of my body at some point... If it's my upper lip (you can visibly see it) eyes twitching again can be seen. arms legs, hair standing on end, mouth burning, thick tongue sensation, choking sensations.. you name it!! ..  the thing is... once I acknowledge that it is anxiety and quit dwelling on it itgoes away.. it may move to another part of my body and I have to verbally evict it -- so on and so forth... I have been doing breathing exercises and yoga, therapy, vitamin B .. it's slowly working...  I feel waaay better.
I've had terrible tingling in my legs and feet, pins and needles, feeling my pulse in my feet for more than nine years now.  It just "started" one day and the only time it goes away is if I'm out and relaxed and forget about it.  It's almost constant at home, though Neurontin helps a bit because it slows down the nerve impulses, I think.  It's worse when I'm very stressed, but I can have it even if I don't feel stressed.  No physical cause can be found.

Good luck to everyone.  The tingling is awful.  I know.
Sorry, I haven't responded sooner - I haven't been on this forum in awhile.

My bulging disk are at C5,6,7

I know what you mean with the "chills" in the head - almost like your hair is standing on end?  I've actually noticed a reduction in the buzzing lately, although today my right foot felt kind of numb and I still notice the aching in my legs -- not as much in my head, thank goodness.

I know this has to be related to the neck injury, but I keep reading that injuries/stress/trauma can often unleash other issues
I mean't "buzzing" in my legs - not aching.
I have tingling in my lower left back-it started about two years ago. It's much worse when i sit down. It has also started traveling  to my shoulder blades, mostly on the right side and to my head.  I also have a cough that has lasted for two months, and sometimes i think i have asthma because it feels hard to breathe.  I also feel like i have a tightness on my chest with a slight burning sensation and my breasts feel sore and kind of heavy. I'm 51 and going through peri-menopause. Other than these weird symptoms, I'm in good shape and slim (5'7" and 128 lbs.) Anyone have any clue as to what it could be.  the doctors can't seem to find a thing.
i have been on zoloft for about 6 weeks and just recently noticed that i've been getting an internally tingly/jittery feeling in my hands and my jaw aches.  it's almost like a nervous energy that i have all day long.  
i've been on zoloft before but have never had this problem so i don't know if my dose is too high or too low (i'm currently on 100 mg).  i have chronic back and neck pain as well - as a result from an accident several years ago.  2 bulging disks in my neck.
in the middle of the day i feel exhausted but i can't seem to fall asleep.  i've also been taking ativan .5 mg to help sleep at night.  i have found that if my hubby rubs my back it does help to relax me more.  maybe a trip to the chiropracter or p.t. would help.      
Neurontin (gabapentin), usually prescribed for seizures and nerve pain helps my painless tingling as well as my anxiety.  The only problem is it's half short life, which is only about six hours, so you have to take it three times a day, usually.  I take a 100 mg. capsule and within an hour, my tingling is gone.  I'd advise anyone with tingling due to anxiety to give it a try as it has a very benign side effect profile.
Sorry, I meant short half life! :)
Hi all,
Below is a post that I put in the Neurology forum but since my test results are all coming back negative the doctors and myself are starting to believe this is all stress/depression related.  It is reassuring to see all your posts however, I really don't see one that has exactly what I'm experiencing and I'm hoping someone will see mine and reply.  Thanks so much!

I am a 41 year old female with no significant past medical history.  For the past 3 1/2 months I have been suffering from lip tingling/numbness, mostly the left lower lip along with my tongue being numb.  This is a CONSTANT feeling, it never goes away. I have not lost the ability to taste but eating/drinking/smoking does, most times, aggravate the symptoms.  A few weeks after the mouth symptoms, my hands started to get pins and needles.  First one side, then the other now it can do it simultaneously.  I also have had several episodes of just the pinky tips going numb.  The hand/finger symptoms are not constant, they do come and go.

I have had full blood work up and with the exception of a low carbon dioxide, all else was normal.  My B12 however was 260 which is in the low normal range.  I just had another blood work up that is going to check into that further as well as some other more detailed test although I'm not sure what they are called.  I also had a negative MRI and the films were reviewed by 2 neurologists.
I had a full dental exam and tissue and gums are all healthy.  I do have one tooth that needs a crown but the dentist didn't feel it would cause my symptoms. I also had a full gynecological workup that was normal.  I was getting daily headaches but that seems to have subsided, they are now only occasional.  Yesterday, I had an EMG done and those results were also normal.  I have extreme fatigue but yet I am not sleeping well and I used to be a champion sleeper.  I may have some slight depression since I am coming up on the 1st anniversary of my brothers death.  His death has affected me greatly but since I've never had depression I'm not sure if I do now.  I have been seeing a therapist for the last 3 months or so.  
My first neurologist prescribed Cymbalta 60mg daily, Rozerem and Fioricet.  The rozerem does not help at all with the sleep.  I need to take 2 Fioricet's to make any headaches go away but I find that taking two will make me extremely tired.  As far as the Cymbalta, I don't feel any different mentally but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to feel.  I do work in a stressful job and for the past year have had many additional stressors.  Yesterday the neurologist also prescribed Neurontin 300mg so I will have to see what, if any, effect that will have.
My primary and the 2 neurologists really don't have a clue what is going on.  Right now they are going with stress/depression since everything else indicates I am very healthy.  Of course, I am grateful for all the negative test results but I can't stand another minute of these lip/tongue symptoms.  I am ready for a mouth transplant!  
Has anyone had any of these symptoms together and were you diagnosed and/or has it gone away?  How long did it last.
I don't know what else to do.
Thanking you all in advance!
Lisa
I hope the Neurontin works for you.  Let us know.  Also, I sent you a private email.  Hope you got it.  Hope you feel better. :)
Hi everyone, this is my first post. This discussion is the closest I can find to people with similar symptoms as me. I am 28 and have been trying to figure out what is wrong with me since I was 20 and I’ve had enough with not getting answers. I went to a neurologist when I was 21 and he concluded I had silent migraines and I choose to live with it verses taking a pill everyday for ever. The symptoms actually went away for a while (3yrs), then they came back a little different but the same overall. I have a "weird" feeling that I find hard to describe, almost like I am really nervous but I’m not. I guess its a little lightheaded, woozy feeling more that a tingling. as soon as it happens which is usually everyday multiple times a day I’ll get really hot all of a sudden then will have to go to the bathroom, my stomach will cramp and I will have to keep visiting the bathroom until the feeling goes away (anywhere from 5 mins to hours). I have come home from work 3 times since sept because I am a teacher and can't really leave the kids alone while I try and deal with my spell. But my spells get worse the more I think about them, or think about a way to describe them to someone so I don't sound completely stupid :) I have been to a cardiologist recently and he said there is nothing wrong but put me on atenolol anyways, well that makes my BP too low so I am gradually coming off. My primary said that the feeling is getting worse because I have anxiety? I don't think I do but what do I know. She put me on xanex and told me to take it when it gets bad but it really doesn't do anything (it almost makes it worse) and I can't take them in the day because they wipe me out. Even though they wipe me out I can't fall asleep well if I am having a spell. I really wish someone could just figure out what is the matter because I can't stand it! (But I have too) I am thinking about finding a therapist because I am starting to worry myself that no one will figure out what is up. Maybe that'll help, who knows? Oh wait I forgot that I get headaches all the time (4-5 times a wk) so I take fiorocet for that. The last neurologist I went to (didn't like him) thought I was complaining about the headaches but I really can live with them it’s the weirdness I got to get rid of. I also see “spots” or burrs in the corners of my eyes (going Monday to check that) but I think it has some thing to do with the weird feeling.
Well, thank you for listening hopefully they will find out what is the matter soon.
It sounds like anxiety attacks.  I would recommend a therapist over meds -- I avoid meds at all costs because of side effects and it doesn't "cure" the problem.  Cognitive therapy is supposed to help.  I too have anxiety as a result of a medication I went on and I'm taking yoga, guided imagery, anything to help reduce stress/anxiety.

Thankfully I haven't had any full-fledged panic attacks in awhile but I totally understand what you're going through.  Now, I have non-stop tingling/buzzing/vibrations and feel agitated most of the day - but I'm trying not to obsess over it.

I also have a pressure behind left eye at times (it was suggested silent migraine perhaps?)  My sister-in-law has migraines and anxiety so I believe there is a link.

Good luck!
Cognitive therapy was a total waste of time and money for me, but I'm not saying it's no good.  I'm just saying that what works for one doesn't work for everyone.  Neurontin saved my life and I've had no trouble with it, though I, too, don't advocate taking medicine unless it's necessary.  It's just that sometimes it's necessary.  I wouldn't avoid medication at all costs, just unnecessary medication.  I think I just went to a very bad therapist.  In my personal opinion, the good ones are few and far between, but I think a good one is heaven sent.
Tingling and weird sensations can be "stuck fascia."  It happens to a lot of people.  Once it's stuck, it's very hard to get it unstuck.  It can be anxiety or it can have a physical cause.  In the case of the binding down of fascia, it's benign, but it feels terrible!  I had a case of it in my hamstrings.
Has anyone tried biofeedback and had success?
Tried biofeedback, didn't help at all.  I knew it would be "too easy" to work! :(
Unfortunatly your mind controls every bodily function going. some consious some not . Im not a doctor but have experianced anxiety for about 6years now!!
Wot you have to understand is that if something controls every part of you and is finley tuned it would not take alot to interupt this highly delicate system.
Therefore any part of your body can be disrupted or feel strange and because we are all individual this will affect us all in different ways!!!
Iv'e been there with the tingling and all effects of the anxiety. It's the worst feeling on earth and should have more recognition!!!!!!
Your probably thinking why im on here if im talking so logically, well i no how it feels so if i can help someone out it would good!!
Some of the things i found that helped was Yoga (this is brilliant) try and distract yourself when you feel the feelings comming on!!!

Good luck
Hi, all  what you've said  were all true.  I experienced them all, its been 3 years since it all started.  I want to break free from this pain.  At first I was still in self denial about what I felt pain whenever foreseen dreadful similar from my traumatic experience sending warning impulse to my brain.  Then i got to confirm its anxiety.  I never felt this kind of sensation when I know I'm not alone, I'm with loveones, when i know im safe and things were under my control.  Its hard to believe i cause it to myself.  I know a confidence to ourself and God's help will make us through of this pain.  Does anyone of you was successful to get rid of this sensation?  What did you take or do for it to go away pls share it with us.  

Thanks.
Jenny, do you have any kind of dermatitis, scales, dandruff, itching, on your head aswell?
I found this page looking for information on why my face has spots that suddenly feel cold--like someone put a cold glass against my cheek.  What I've discovered from reading all the posts is that it is probably related to my anxiety.  I had anxiety issues when I was in high school and I am having them again now in my 30's.  For 10 years plus, though, I didn't have any.  What I know is that during that time, I was "other focused" rather than "self focused."  After a cancer scare and some major turmoil in my life, I started re-evaluating and really trying to decide what to do with my life.  That's a valid concern, but what I've found is, the more I focus on me, the more I have issues.  When I was volunteering and always trying to help others, I was calm and happy.  Once I went back to thinking about myself all the time, I started noticing every little twinge and that led to being anxious which led to more physical symptoms, which led to more anxiety which led....  You get the picture.  

Find a way to reach out to others.  The ability to help someone else will reinforce your self confidence and give you a sense of accomplishment.  I know it's hard and even a little scary, but it's amazing how quickly it changes your outlook.  

Don't get me wrong, I still have issues and I'm on 10mg Lexapro to help with anxiety and mild depression, but slowly but surely, it's getting better.  I am so grateful that God has given me opportunities to reach out to others and that, through them, he's leading me back out of the dark.  

God bless all!
Glad I found this thread, for the past two days I have had tingling in my legs, and last night it went into my back, neck & face. I have it as I'm typing and it was really freaking me out (making my anxiety worse) at least I know what it is now. I'll probably still go to the doctor though just so I can double check nothing is wrong, and I have a physio appointment in about 2 weeks time.

Glad to know I'm not the only one with these problems.
Hi, Im new to this site and so glad I found this thread,I have all these weird tingly,prickling,tickly etc.etc. sensations, head, face and feet,I havnt been to the dr yet as I am presuming that its stress, I have PVCs and it started at the same time so I think its stress due to those damn things starting up again, plus lots of other things.Its really scary as you think you have a brain tumour or something similar, i get a feeling of pressure in my head (or is it my heartbeat I can feel)I will have to go to the docs as I am freaking out about it now, but I feel better now I know its so common. Thanks everybody and good luck
Just wanted everyone here to know that I check back on this thread a good bit, 56 responses is pretty good.  At least I know I'm not alone with these crazy feelings.  They have subsided a good bit since I am getting ready for the holidays, but I don't know what else to do, except for the dreaded lumbar puncture that I don't want to do.  All other labs and MRIs were all normal. Maybe it is anxiety, all I know is that it sucks big time.  Don't wish this on my worse enemy.  Anyway, I would like to wish everyone here a Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year!!!!

Jen
just thought I would give you an update,I went to the dr today and my head was driving me mad,he is not at all concerned about my symptoms, I told him I was worried about a brain tumourand m/s but apparently I would have other symptoms as well and he is 100% sure its not neurological, I have to have a blood test in January for thyroid and vitamin B deficiency but he is expecting a normal result, also for anaemia, he is more or less sure its anxiety, and if the results are ok just to report any other symptoms if they occur, he didnt seem concerned about the pressure feeling in my head, just said its the blood/heart beats I can feel (but why?) not had that at all today, just the tingling.
What a strange carry on, I wish I could stop thinking about it, it might go then, but how do you do that,has anyone had head massage?
Merry Christmas to all of u.
Glad to hear the doc doesn't think its a big deal.  I've had tingling feet and a fear of MS too but several doctors said they don't believe that its a problem, including a neurologist.  Just anxiety.  How do we convince ourselves that's true and stop focusing on the tingling?  Its been so worrisome for me.  Just curious, what other symptoms did your doctor think?  I have no others either and that's what they tell me...
He just said if anything different happened, think he meant pain or falling around, or any eye problems, apparently you may have these kind of symptoms if it was anything more serious, by pain I mean not normal pain but something you havnt felt before, I didnt have any pain yesterday but today I have had headache all day, over the part that tingles, it just shows that the power of thought can do, its just because he mentioned it yesterday!! If we could only stop thinking about the tingling I am sure it would go away, I have been thinking about hypnosis.I am sure that if you have seen a neurologist he would have sent you for more tests if he thought you had a problem, we just need the tingling to go away. I thought I would have felt better today but its just the same. MNerry Christmas.
if we could only stop thinking about everything it would all go away.
HI ALL, Well arent I glad Ive found this page, and hasn't all these symptoms been going on for along time for alot of you. It's early days for me, and my symptoms are some the same, and some different. It all strarted for me when my Grandad became ill, worry and stress, leading to sadness and tiredness. Then my grandad passed away and I was by his bedside when this happened. It was scarey and upsetting. Shortly after my symptoms started showing their ugly little selves. First of all I got a feeling like some food was stuck and I couldnt get wind up. Then I started getting chest pain, near my left breast and under my left arm pit. I became very concerned and went to visit my GP, he diagnosed stress and anxiety.( I wasnt to sure, due to years of having anxiety on and off with different symptoms, that came and went).My other Symptoms now are muscle cramps, in my legs, wrists, arms and also tightening of the muscles near my right and left breasts. All these symptoms were very worrying and Ive become quite obsessed by the worry of them. Ive become very nervous, and it seems my very nerves itch like mad. Chest pains have become bad, more muscle cramps etc. Feeling weak, exhusted, unfunctioning. My doctor performed an ecg, which was pretty normal, and blood tests, normal also. Until now when recent blood cells showed an elevation in white blood cells, apparently these are to do with infection. My doctor pescribed antibiotics, I am sure that my heart has got something wrong with it, and that I may also have cancer. Or some other serious ailment. Could all these symptoms be anxiety and stress related. Or is there a possibility that I am right to be concerned there may be something wrong with my health? Please could you help, I would be so grateful. I have an eight year old son, whom I worship. Its almost christmas, and this year for me, its a case of getting through it. I usually love this time of year with my son. But my thoughts are consumed with what Im feeling. I just want these pains to go away. I also have recently been getting pins n needle feelings up into my jaw, and on the top of my head. I have thought alsorts, trapped nerve, blood clot, tumer. Or some other horrible thing like the onset of Alziemers. I have become foggy and forgettfull, havent known what day of week its been somedays. I know Im grumbling but I find the cold winter months hard. I have got loads to be thankful for. A healthy boy, a roof over our heads and a great family. So why do I feel like this. Right Now while Im typing this my ankle on right leg is itchy. Also my glands are up, in my groin, under my arms. I get flickers in my eyes, I feel light headed. What is wrong with me. I just wished the doctors would run the relevent tests. Im sure it would put alot of my worrys to rest. But they seem to have made their minds up. That its anxiety. Ive been pescribed a small dose of valium, 2mg 3 times a day. Helped a little. But I think they should have been a slightly higher dose, maybe two time a day. I know they are highly addictive, which is why I have only a severn day course. One thing I cant live like this anymore. But I am a surviver, have to be for my son. All the best to everyone. May we all enjoy Christmas, may the new year bring answers and relief to us all. God Bless, and peace. M.
I stumbled upon this website in my search for more info on my symptoms.  As a long-time sufferer of generalized anxiety, I know that some strange and crazy things can happen to your body.  Lately, I have been experiencing some pin like sticks throughout my body.  Not often...not that painful, but it does have me concerned.  It will feel like someone has just stuck a stick pin very quickly onto my skin, then it goes away.  Does anyone else experience this?  I started many years ago, having a very sharp pin ***** sensation in the inside corner of either eye,  Now, that is painful and it makes me yell out, but goes away very quickly, and I am not bothered with it often.  I had an eye check-up and the doc said it was due to chronic dry eyes.  Now, I am a different kind of anxiety sufferer.  What I mean by that is I don't run to the doc over every little thing.  I very seldom go... I seem to have a phobia where the medical profession os concerned.  I guess I need to bite the bullet and get a full check-up, but I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this sensation.  Sometimes the little sticks make me itch.   It could also be compared to little bug bites, I guess.  Also, on my right hand, in between the last finger over and the little finger, kind of in between the veins there, I will get a strong pin-***** sensation (stronger than the other areas), almost like an electric shock.  But, it goes away, too.  So, I could go on with other odd sensations, but the main one is the pin-***** and then itch.  Thanks so much for listening and I would appreciate any feed-back that anyone has to offer.  :)  
Sometimes when i'm laying down trying to go to sleep i get this weird feeling in my head like its tingling and fallen asleep. and for about 10-15 seconds i'll feel pressure in my head and body and i can't move or talk. I'm sure i'm not dreaming because my eyes are open the whole time and i can tell its happening. once its over i'm perfectly normal. I've had this happen 6 or 7 times now and I have no idea whats going on, and I havent told my doctor. I dont know if its stress related but it's freaking me out that for the little bit of time its happening i feel like my brain can't tell my body how to move or say something. Anybody know what this is? pleaase? I'm only 16 i dont want weird issues like this for the rest of my life.
I posted back on October 11th and I just wanted to let you know that I am still having the tingling lip/tongue sensations, it's almost been a year.  However, I have started accupuncture, since I had tried every other thing I could think of and it is actually helping.  I am not tingle free yet but the symptoms have subsided dramatically.  I am hoping that with a few more vists I will soon be TINGLE FREE!  
I have been suffering severe anxiety due to a deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary emboli from the end of January. I am on warfarin tablets. My anxiety is worse after physical symptoms; such as pain and discomfort in both legs. Does anyone out there on warfarin have these or similar discomforts and how do you overcome the anxiety?
i have the tingling/burn feeling om my face and ears thats how i know its anxiety because i get the tingling , now if something not roight with me and i dont have the tingling/burn feeling i worry . so yes yes yes ita a anxiety thing mine stays for days weeks, months
I've had bad anxiety for about a year now.  I've had the occasional panic attacks here and there for about 5 years, but within the last year it's gotten extremely bad.  My major downfall was about 10 months ago when I had my first SEVERE attack.  The whole 9-yards....tingling, dizziness, leg weakness, tightness in chest, rapid rapid heart, numbness....scariest moment of my life! After calling a nurse, I ended up taking myself to the hospital. I honestly thought that was dieing.  Since that day, my attacks come either when I'm alone or asleep.  They are worst when I'm sleeping, obviously because I'm not coherent, so I don't get a chance to calm myself down.  I wake up with Severe attacks.

Does anyone else have them while they sleep?

After reading over half of these posts, I see that the majority of everyone has the much loved, tingling sensation.  Reading these forums has been very comforting, as the constant tingling has had me more then worried.  I've never talked to anyone with anxiety like I have, so I'm glad I fell upon this site.  Above and beyond the tingling, and dizziness, and ridiculously racing heart......does anyone have the lasting discomfort in their chest....almost feels like it coming from their heart?  I didn't read about anyone having this. This is what has me most worried.   Heart attacks are in my family and I am deathly afraid that one day I will have a one.  I just read today that anxiety gives a good beating to your heart and significantly increases your chances of a heart attack.  Wish I wouldn't read up on it so much........it stresses me out!

Let me know if anyone feels the lasting pain in the left side of their chest.
To Anxious4noAnxiety,
,
I read your post and want you to know you're not alone.  I have been dealing with panic/anxiety disorder for 37 years and the feelings have changed over the years.  I have had the tingling sensations, tightening of the chest and heart palpitations....very scary, but it was, in my case, all due to anxiety.  The pain in the chest lasted weeks until I finally went on medication.

I now have new sensations I believe are anxiety related as well.  My jaw feels tight at times, but mostly I find myself very aware of my teeth....they feel numb and I am constantly running my tongue over them.  I've been to the dentist and was told my teeth and gums are fine.  I have mentioned this to my pshyciatrist who said he never heard of this (very helpful - NOT!) but it could be anxiety.  

If anyone else has dealt with this, please let me know what, if anything, can be done!  Thanks and I hope everyone finds what they need to feel better!!
To everyone,ive had anxiety now 4 8 years but even more so since my 2nd son was born 11months ago.I have somthing like all of u are saying but mines on my back.It feels like there are a thousand ants crawling under my skin.And when i put tops on it feels like sunburn,and a bit sensative to touch a bit like when you have flu and dont want ur skin to be touched.Also like a tight feeling under the skin.Does anyone eles have this?? or anything like this?? i have heard that crawly skin is an anxiety symptom
Hello - I am reading this thread and have experienced 90 % of the symptoms mentioned and MORE!!!
I thought my problems were all caused by my mind and anxiety and to a degree they are.
BUT - I have just realized that mine are really caused by HYPERVENTILATION SYNDROME - in a chronic form. That is why I havent got fully better even when I stop worrying.

Anxiety makes your breathing wrong - more in your chest and faster. Then muscle spasm makes your chest tight. THen a whole range of symptoms little by little appear in your body over days or weeks.In my case some of them come and go and some are almost 24 hours.

I have got - tight skin feeling. Sunburn skin. Tingling. Numbness. Prickling. Weird tounge and teeth sensations. Wierd heat or coldness in the body. Pressure feeling in scalp. SOre neck and shoulders. Twitching. Obsessive thoughts. Tiredness. Insomnia in the night. Needing to pee often.Pressure in my throat. Etc. etc. etc.

I tried hyperventilating more deliberately and many of my symptoms got worse and new ones appeared. So I am sure it is causing at least a high percentage of my symptoms.

I would bet a lot of money that many people on this thread have the same problem...I have contemplated suicide because of this so it is a relief to finally know what is wrong!!

So treat your hyperventilation!!!
I have ordered a DVD to learn the buteyko technuiqe to treat this - I hope it works. Hyperventilation can make you feel really wierd so dont ignore it - try treating that before trying loads of meds!!!
I'm 21 years old and male.
So in july i went to the doc because I was feeling extremely tired and he diagnosed me with anxiety. after I had headaches from time to time and the tiredness was still there, eventually it went away. Couple of weeks ago it came back with some dizziness or lack of concentration, and some ocassional back pain, and from one week ago( Ive had some abdominal pain on the lower-left quadrant of my abdominal and my side. I freaked out and went to the hospital, they did some blood, urine work and ultrasound and said everything was normal that it was just anxiety. Today nov 3 I went to my doctor to get some results back(urine and blood) again it came normal and i mentioned him of my abdominal pain and he sent for ultrasound. so basically, can anxiety really produce this symptoms, I freak out a lot in the past 2 weeks thinking of pancreatic cancer, ms, leukimia, brain tumor, I wish i could have more tests done. I wish the symtoms (symptoms) just went away. can somebody provide some insight on anxiety and this symptoms and whether i should just relax and believe the doctors.
I have the tingleing as well starts at mid back and shoots through body only way I can explain it is like the feeling I had the first time I seen the wtc hit. I also get headaches insane tension in back shoulders neck, pulsing in ears, burning stinging skin sensations, really tired, jumpy, heart palpitations, hot flushes, crazy gas like stupid I laugh sometimes there so big  and ya just generally feel like hell.
It's good to know I'm not alone.  I have tingling sensations in both my feet all the time and I get lightheaded and my ears ring esp. my left one all day long.  I've never had this before.  But, unfortunately I hyperventilate almost every day, which may account for my lightheadedness and tingling.  As if that wasn't enough I am quite fatigued and my eyes have been feeling strange esp. dry in the corners.  I've recently had a few blood tests done and they were fine.  I do have elevated iron levels and will be seeing a doctor in the very near future.  I know I get anxious about many things and try to calm myself down...I do all the usual breath into a paper bag, sit quietly and try to think happy thoughts. If I decide to meditate I think concentrating on my breathing will just make me feel worse.  This is really frustrating me!!
glad to read your comments on tingling.  I also think I'm going crazy.  Have had anxiety problems for over 40 years, but didn't think tingling was one of them.  Just e-mailed my doctor with symptoms, but am glad I read your comments.
BB
last month i was getting this really weird feeling like i was rocking and i would start freaking out.my dr.said i had a bad inner ear infection.so he gave me augmentin,i started feeling normal then 3 days after i had finished my meds.i was shopping with my little boy and just"wooooosh"i felt like i was going to faint.so i came home and called my dr.he said maybe the ear infection is still there so he gave me amoxicillin.well that night by my 3rd dose,it felt like someone was crushing my chest and my throat was sweeling(by this time i was really freaking out!).so i paged my doc.he told me to go to the ER.they drew blood and gave me mri on my head......so everything came back normal.but i was still feeling dizzy so i went back to my doc for some explination.and i told him that when this happens to me i freak out.he said i have anxiety and put me on ativan.now till this day...i still feel lightheaded at times,now im afraid to go anywhere with my baby alone.and at times i get this twitching feeling throughout my body buy not on the outside it feels like its running through my skin.what is this thats happening to me?is it just anxiety?i have never felt this was before.so now when i fell weird in some kinda way i start thinking the worst.ive never had seizures but sometimes it actually feels like i am.i go into this daze,like when you get tunnel vision from driving on the freeway to long.
I have the tingling feeling on my feet and it doesn't go away.  They want to test me for neuropathy.  Anyone else had the fear of diabetes thrown at them for the tingling feet?
Hi, after ready this forum ifeel heaps better. I was diagnosed with Menieres (can't remember how to spell it) but since having my baby in Nove 08 i too have had the tingling in my face, hands, arms, leg, neck, back at various times or all together just to add to the excitement. But also had that very strange rushing feeling, tunnel vision feeling you explained, also with the rocking sensation, like you are off balance and can't really concentrate etc. It is so hard to explain you kind of feel unable to explain it to a doctor and at first I thought it was a result of the epidural. It made me short of breath and dizzy like I was going to pass out. The first time it happened my husband rushed me to hospital thinking it was a stroke or something, they ruled that out and explained that it can be related to the post partum period, or anxiety, they made sure it was not post partum depression and ordered some tests. Eventually I had MRI, CT, saw specialists, had blood work rechecked the ear thing. The syptoms (symptoms) went away fr about 4 months after I had all those tests come back clear, the only time I experience them now is around my time of the month, the doctors have said they can be related to Pituitary gland coming back into balance following the birth, neuralgia and anxiety. So basically I have to give my body time to heal after my problematic third birth, and not panic, it is a bit of a cycle though as the birth has upset my hormones which causes mild syptoms (symptoms), but then the anxiety kicks in and makes them so much worse plus I have three small children to care for so I cant really be stress free. An old back injury tightens the muscles which only makes things a little worse. But when it happens I simply tell myself all tests were clear, there is nothing wrong with me it is simply a minor issue that i am making worse by thinking about it and panicking, because you can have a panic attack without even being aware of it.

When it happens I have noticed if I get busy I dont think about it and it goes away, If I feel dizzy I watch a movie, take it easy and dont let anyone mae me feel bad for having a rest, usually a little nap and the dizzyness is gone. But you are so right it i scary taking the kids anywhere when you feel that way, just take it easy, ask for help if you have someone t help you, try to relax. Taking your mind of it is the best thing once all your tests are clear. Have a coffee with a friend, anything to take your mind of it. Goodluck.
Are any of you ecstasy users? i can relate to some of these problems.
I developed a shooting tingling sensation under the right side of my scalp last fall (2009). The impulse would run from the back of my head (upper part of the neck) to the top of my head and sit behind my right eye or wrap around the side of my head (temporal region) and dissipate over my right ear. This lasted for three or four months before I discovered it was triggered by several knots I developed in my right shoulder and trap muscle (along my spinal cord).

I remember it was incredibly frustrating when I did have to deal with this and the tingling impulses would shoot in waves and disrupting my focus regardless of what I was doing. I saw several doctors about the issue, including neurologists and orthopedic specialists. None of them were able to help. The neurologist recommended I have an MRI done -- it came back clear, with the exception of a slightly herniated disc around C5. He suggested that the disc may have to do with the impulses and put my on anti-inflammatory medication. This did not make much of a difference.

After seeing a physical therapist trained in trigger point therapy I was able to find relief. I had originally gone to help me recover from the minor herniated disc and it just so happened that she found numerous knots in my back. She suggested that these may have been the cause of discomfort and stress and tried breaking them up for me. Over time, as I reduced my work outs, along with the trigger point massage techniques, the knots came undone and today I am no longer bothered by any head tingling.

According to the physical therapist, knots can not only develop as a result of a number of reasons: stress, exercise, not stretching, overbuilding muscles, favoring one of your body, working at a computer (shoulders are usually off-balance), bad bed, poor head and neck support at night (from pillow), and a number of other reasons.

My Background:

21 year old male
I spend a lot of time in the gym (which probably caused the knots to develop): running, squats, pull ups, push-ups, dead lifts, etc... I would stretch occasionally.  
Also, I used to carry a heavy backpack to and from class everyday – walking around a college campus, this would add up to many hours over the course of a week.

I hope this helps -- I remember having to deal with this and it was miserable every day of the week. I found this forum back then, hoping that people would have positive treatment stories, but I didn't find anything particularly helpful (of course I did not read through every post). Try looking for someone in your area who offers trigger point therapy (possibly a massage therapist).

All the best.

it might be caused by black magic
Hey im 16 and I recently have been getting this wierd tingling feeling that seems to come from the back of my head. I noticed that this happens when I get thoughts about life or when I think about hard concepts to grasp that should just be left alone such as where did we come from, if God than where did he come from. Just silly questions that get me into deep thinking and then I get that tingling feeling in my head and I start to feel like I don't know where I am for like only a second though. It feels sort of like when your having a deja vou. I just think this is really wierd and I'm afraid to talk about this to my mom so I'm going to tell this to my doctor when I go in for a check-up soon. I just want to know from you guys if this is normal signs of anxiety. thank you.
For last 4 months, everyday & 24/7 the right side of my face has been tingling, including both eyes, my nose, lips, back and top of my head. It's so annoying. Noone can tell me why and assume it's anxiety. I had huge panic attack about a week after my face started tingling and my anxiety has been spiked x1000 since. I also get burning sensations in my body and on my skin. The burning becomes EXTREME during panic attacks.
for over a year... Have had tingling.. Primarily in the Ears..&.Shoulder feelings much like Parasites may be there   I am on Zolot for stress.  But the ears creepy  feeling is drilving me nuts... Not much feelings of concern from the Dr.   Any one tried a vitamin regiment to rid parasites?
Help
well my children were taken from me . because my x hubby didnt wanna pay for his daugther and i had just had my son ... well about 3 weeks later i took a spell were it was hard to breath . tingleing in my hands and somewhat arms a lil in my face .. so i went to a dr and they ran test to see if it was my heart or if i had blood clots well all that came back good i still have the tingleing but i take nerve pills and it helps to im guessing its just panic attacks .. if anyone is having this problem plz let me no i dont wanna think something bad is wrong with me
Hi, I'm 40 year asian female. my symptoms, tingling from the base of my neck going up and all over my head and behind my eyes, (type of tingling feeling just before when your legs are about to go to sleep, not painful, but super uncomfortable and disturbing),  

feeling like i'm not getting enough air into my brain even though i'm breathing through my nose, when severe, blurred vision and feeling like i'm about to pass out and scared if i do i'm not going to wake up,

heaviness of head like my neck can't support it,
headache
super cold hands and feet,
stiffness of neck and shoulder, peeing a lot but i do drink water alot because doctor said these symptoms might be because i'm "dehydrated"
insomnia
nausea
difficulty swallowing

when i start to have these symptoms, i do get panicky and my heart does start beating very fast.

But like many of you, it's not my anxiety that's cause these symptoms.  I'm not a hypochondriac so unless I really do get them on their own, I would not psychologically make them happen.  

Although anxiety does seem to make it worse, but only because i get very scared when i feel like i can't breathe when i get attack of severe tingling/headache.  

i don't have insurance so i haven't had all the tests such as mri, etc.
but i feel like i need get them even though they are expensive cuz it's really freaking me out.  

i''m comforted to know i'm not alone though.  
I have been getting these wierd sensations on top of my head as if something was touching me in the middle of my head.  it last for 2-3 seconds and repeats itself continually.  it's starting to drive me crazy.  Anyone have any idea what this could be?
I am glad I am not alone. I am new to this forum and started experiencing tingling in November of 2009. It started after working in my yard. The next day I woke up and the bones in my legs and arms were stiff. I thought I got Lyme's disease but after getting tested twice I am free and clear of that. The stiffness subsided and I was left with joint pain, knee, elbows and ankles. Shortly thereafter the tingling started and has not stopped. I was tested for lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, had a brain/cervical spine MRI. The MRI did show moderate degeneration of the cervical spine and surgery was recommended. I am going to try physical therapy first.  I have been under a great deal of stress with work and a possible move out of state to start my own business. One doctor thinks it's stress but I am not convinced. Two weeks before this started I was put on Diovan for high blood pressure and was told to stop for a month to see if the symptoms subsided but they have not. I'm uncomfortable and frustrated. I can't have surgery right now due to the move and there is no guarantee that it will alleviate the tingling. Any thoughts? Thank you.
I am so glad I found this forum, and maybe just talking/ reading about it will help me-
I am a 23 year old male, and have experienced anxiety from time to time throughout the last 4-5 years.
My symptoms seem to be a little different than some of yours, although I can definitely relate.
For the past week or so, right before I fall asleep, I have been getting a tingling feeling in my brain. It's not on the outside of my head, but rather more like an odd tingling in my brain that prevents me from falling asleep. Every time I get this feeling, it prevents me from falling asleep and I lay there waiting to fall asleep again. Then the strange "woosh" feeling in my brain happens again, causing me to stay awake.
All day long I am fine, which I don't understand, because this feeling only occurs as I am about to fall asleep.
It's kind of a coincidence that my current situation coincides exactly with that of Dafyddjohndavies, who wrote his post on Jan 6 2007.
I am currently teaching English in France, and only have 2 more months until I return home. I know I am very anxious at this moment, I try to keep a healthy diet, drink water, and stretch before bed.
I am wondering if anyone has ever felt this strange "brain" tingling because it is driving me crazy and I don't know what to do!
Thank you!
Hey Jayson, I've suffered from anxiety  since my late teens. This sometimes progresses to depression. Now in my late 50's I am understanding what happens to me a lot better, and am finding ways to prevent the anxiety taking hold.

My "tingles" started over 3 years ago, with family and relationship issues that triggered exceptionally difficutl anxiety attacks. Even when I felt "OK" the dull tingling pain around the inside of my head would not stop. I had a couple of stints on anti-depressants, but don't like the flatness they introduce and I put on heaps of weight. Even on the medication though, I still had the tingles. I tend to resort to alcohol, which is really bad for me and I am trying to steer away from this. I try the slow measured breathing techniques, but don't seem to be able to master this,

I know that regular exercise works, healthy eating and lots of water all contribute to a better me. Planning to avoid putting myself in stressful situations, and even being honest with other people when I feel pressured, often takes the pressure off. Planning is the key. Leave sufficient time. Be prepared. Know where you are going.

One thing I read tonight mentioned breatning into a paper bad and inhaling from the paper bad to increase the carbon di-oxide intake can reduce the tingles from an anxiety attack. I'm going to have a crack at this tactic and see what results I get. I want a quick fix too!  Good luck to you
MaggieZ
The sensations caused by anxiety (tingling, heart palpitations, dizziness, heavy stomach, uncomfortable feelings) are just that...sensations. The James-Lange theory of emotion says that a person FIRST experiences physiological symptoms (rapid heartbeat, heavy stomach, etc.) and THEN cognitively processes those symptoms with emotion - sadness, frustration, hopelessness, etc. If you think it about it then, all you have to do is change the way you look at your sensations. There is no way to CURE your sensations. They will continue as long as you believe they are harmful to you - they are not. When you are working out and you feel like giving up, do you? Just because you feel a little winded, do you suddenly stop everything and drive over to the hospital to see what's wrong with you? It's a little hard to grasp, but this is probably some of the most invaluable insight you'll gain on anxiety disorders, general anxiety, or just plain stress. You REACT to your physiological symptoms - THEN come the emotions. Of course the opposing theory to this is the Canon-Bard theory which suggests the exact opposite because it makes more sense. But the modern theory is that the two phenomena cause each other - maybe not simultaneously, but one after the other, overlapping. Example: you are walking down the street and a 3-headed dragon swoops down from above you and tears your shirt off. You AUTOMATICALLY jump with fright and your heartbeat rises. This cannot be avoided (given that you had no idea a 3-headed dragon was going to attack you). Directly afterwards, you react to your physiological response with FEARFULNESS. By acting fearful, you produce MORE physiological symptoms in your body, causing you again to be even MORE emotionally fearful.

Get it?

Now apply this to your anxiety and tingles and whatnot. :)

good luck
i get all the symptoms you all get but i also get a wet dripping sensation in my head along with the tingling. has anyone else experienced this?
I have read all these post since the begining of the thread and how everyone is concerned about the sensations in the body. nm47 is right they are just sensations created by your mind in response to the fear/anxiety you have. If you are really looking for an answer/solution to this problem it is called mind control.

This is an illusion created by your mind, and is afflicting your physical body. The only way out of it is to accept the sensations as they are and not pay attention to them andymore as concentrating on them tends to feed them and you keep going round in circles. The solution is not in medications but in learning to be at peace in yourself.

It might be easy said than done but the brain can be exercised just as you exercise your body to make it healthy and create positively.
I am 27 and have had issues with anxiety and abnormal hypertension since I was a teen.  I've always associated anxiety and depression with feelings of being sad and not symptoms similar to a heart attack or brain tumor.  Over the past month experienced symptoms of fatigue and numbness in the face, arms, hands, etc.  This was all very concerning because it could be a sign of a brain tumor or a more serious condition.  I actually ended up in the ER over a panic attack during lunch break at work, I felt very intense tingeling in my hands and thought I was having a stroke, the ER just concluded a bad case of high BP and anxiety.  Still not convinced because I was having daily panic attacks and strange sensations, I took additional time off work last week and saw a doctor, who did blood work and found nothing wrong with me.  She would not put me on anxiety medication because she thought I may be bi-polar and require further evaluation.  Of course everyone I talk to thinks that is ridicilous.  Anyway my symptoms have slowly gone away but its still hard to believe its all in my head.  If you are experiencing strange sensations my advice is to go see a doctor to make sure its nothing first.  I hate going to the doctors and these things are scary but its better just to get cleared first.  Now that my tests all came back ok I know that this is likely in my head and the healing process can begin. My father actually went through the same thing when he was my age, said after being hospitalized from stress and anxiety it literally took 2 months to feel normal.  He was so convinced something was wrong he kept going back to the doctor, the doctor literally tested him for everything just to prove it was anxiety and once he believed he was fine, everything went away for good.  Your mind does crazy things but if its a serious medical condition generally you start to actually lose motor skills and vision, plus vomiting and seizures, as long as you don't have those symptoms too, its likely in your head.  Anyway just thought I would share my story, blogs like these help out a lot and I wish good luck to anyone who is being side tracked in their lives by this annoyance.  Take a deep breath you are not alone.

Last Tuesday, I had a little too much to drink.  I was drunk for two days.  I know that is something I will never do that again.  Finally, I did stopped drinking and felt really bad.  My head was tingling.  My head is still tingling.  I thought it was alcohol withdrawl (withdrawal).  I have an anxiety problems for about a year.  I have been to the ER several times for this issue.  They always tell me everything is ok.  This blog has really helped me.  I know that it is in my mind.  When I work out and shower, my head stops tingling.  When I am not thinking about my head, everything is ok.  When I wake up in the morning, I feel fine.  I do not know how to relax.  In the past, I tried Paxil and I did not like the hollow feeling it gave me.  Please help.  I am thinking that if it was something wrong in my head, other things would be going on with my body since the other body parts require the brain to function properly.  
Oh my goodness, im 19 & i seriosuly thought that iu was the only one with this problem!! I have most of these symptoms but mine is mainly the tingling sensation all throughout my arms and hands, kind of like a numb feeling. Also when my clothes touch a part of my body it's like a feeling of coldness and prickly sensations. Its actually controlling my whole entire life but have now realised it is because of my anxiety. I understand how all of you are feeling but i think the only thing to do about it is atleast try and forget about it and the feelings slightly go away! So frustrating.
i am new to this forum but i am pleased i came across it. i am only 19 but over the last 3 years have obsessed over my health which has caused what i think is anxiety. i have the same tingling feelinigs however i find mine start before i need the toilet and are in my bowel area. for a while i thought it was IBS but since they have become worse and spread down to my legs, this makes me panic more and constanlty lookin online for solutions. i am convinced i have health anxiety, i constantly worry over having cancer or MS. it really is taking over my life cos i feel so shaky and on nerve when i am on my own, the more i spend time thinkin bout it n really just making it worse.
i would really appriciate anyone replying if they have similar problems, i am goin to the docs tomorow i will post anything i find out,
thanks
I have never suffered from anxiety...I am 41years old...of course I have experienced stress, but I have always handled it.  Recently I experience a health issue which caused me to go to the ER and then my EKG came back abnormal...I believe that was the start of my anxiety attacks...I clearly panic...I am also trying to rule out vestibular problems because I get totally dizzy and sometimes experience vertigo.  But I have also been feeling the tingling sensation in my body...it's not pain, but I do recognized that this is anxiety...I use to exercise 2-hours a day...I know I need to get back to that b/c we release so many healthy hormones when we exercise and it can help to retrain the brain and get the chemical balances back on track...it's not easy b/c my anxiety is more when driving and I live alone and have to work...can you imagine driving and getting dizzy...not a good feeling...I have also turned to prayer...it's been my saving grace...like you all I am relunctant to try anti-depressants...my cardiologist suggest  I try Celexa, but that is a major commimment that I am not ready to take...I have been dealing with this issue for about two months so I am hopeful I will be able to beat this since I recently been suffering with this...
What a discovery this forum is!!
I'm not sure i've found the answer yet, but it is very reassuring to know that I am not crazy, even though my body is acting it! And i'm not alone in this.

My first "episode" of strange bodily behaviour occurred in 2006;
One night I was fine, then the next morning whilst driving to work realised that I had a "blind spot" in my vision. I went to the optician and they confirmed a "blind spot". The next day i was admitted to hospital for tests (CAT and MRI scans, Lumbar puncture), and the diagnosis was an inflamed optical nerve, and was put on steroids for 3 days.

It was a very strange feeling to be fine one moment, then almost have my ability to read taken away over night.

My second, third and fourth instances are more closly linked to the topic on this forum.

2nd (Autumn/Fall 2007) - My right hand started to feel tingly and then a creeping numbness overtook my whole right arm, stretching all the way up past my shoulder and covered the right side of my head. Leaving me with the sensation of a "dead arm". Not an ideal situation, as i am a dancer.

3rd (Fall 2009) - My right arm did the same thing as before, but not to the extent of the previous occasion. This was remedied in 3 sessions of Acupuncture, which i had never tried before. A success.

I am still currently dealing with my 4th "episode" (as i like to call them)
And I think this has to be, by far, the worst to date.
This time it came on not long after breaking up with my boyfriend.
I thought I was doing fine, but my body obviously had other ideas.
This time it started with an increased feeling of clumsiness, that i noted during, let's call it week 1, in May 2010. Remembering that i am a dancer, this I at first put down to feeling tired and run down. But by the Sunday, i realised that my feet were numb and tingly.
By the next morning, the numbness had spread, like a long sock, all the way up to my knee on my right leg. This was the fastest it had ever advanced. And got progressively worse as the week went on. I again went back to my Acupuncturist, and we tried so many different therapies.
At its worst, my body from my toes, both feet, all the way up my right leg, the skin around my body, notably the stomach, up to my chest, and including tingly numbness in the fingers and eventually both hands, was numb. I also experienced a strange terrible itching feeling in my left arm.

I'm glad to say that that eventually subsided, but I am still left with the "residue" of my hands being numb, the left one worse so.
My job has been very difficult these last 2 months, what with quick costume changes, jumps and partnering.

For nearly all of these occurances, i had recently been through some sort of emotional distress. And now from reading several of these posts, and talking to more and more people about their experiences, I can now see a very definate link to anxiety in young people and these almost inexplainable body symptoms. I am now 27, and from the 2nd occurrance, I have been living and working in Mexico, a long way from my family and friends, but I am due to see them very soon. I just hope I can find a way to control my anxiety.....
Hey guys, what if i feel like a tingly sensation on the left side of my face and head, it feels like its droopier than my right side but when i rush to look at myself in the mirror my face looks fine and everyone else says so too, but can anxiety be the cause of why it feels tingly and kinda numbish?? how bout your eyes??? do they feel like they are tired and like u have to strain them a little just to see clearly?? my left arm tingles too and my cardeologist and eye doc said im perfectly ok, no heart problems and no sings of intercranial pressure on the optic nerve. But imm deathly afraid its an undiagnosed brain tumor!!!!!! what do u guys think??? can this be anxiety or should i really look into brain tumors??? please someone answer me quickly i cant take the stress of not knowing anymore.
At first, I thought the tingling/numbness in my right lip/tongue was the signs of a TIA (mini stroke), I have had high anxiety so decided when it happened again, I ran and spashed my face with cold water and it immediately stopped.....so , guessing it was anxiety produced and the cold water changed my thought process....try it and see if it works for you!

Hi everyone, I have had this tingling and pins and needles all over my body constantly for the last three weeks.  It is a numb tingling and then when I am anxious or excited turns into painful prickling.  I have always had a little bit of the tingling here and there on my body throughout my life.  I have tried massage, chiro, antihistamines (on doctor order) and have now come to learn that it is in fact anxiety.  The doctor said it is my bodies way of dealing with the anxiety, like it is manifesting in my nervous system is what I understand.  I basically don't pay  attention to it, which you all know is very difficult at times when it is bad.,  It is nice to here that others have this same experience as me.  After looking into every possible medical issue it could be it is almost a relief to know I am not going crazy or dying or something.  Although I would much rather live without this I am going to attempt to use it as a sign as to how I am doing with the anxiety as the sensation sky  rockets when I have a panic attack and before one.  Our bodies sure are funny things, I guess I have to learn to ignore the tingling and stop ignoring the anxiety which is what I think got me into this mess in the first place.  Peace to all you and good luck!  ~Ali
i also have been feeling a tingling sensation all over my body for two years, not every time but sometimes, ill look at the spot where im feeling it, and ill see indivdiual hairs moving by themselves. has anyone else ever seen this? is this part of anxiety?
So this is the place for tingling!  I think this is an anxiety issue, but I'm not sure.   I am a 53-year old male.  6 months ago, I suddenly developed a "cold patch" in the center of my back between my shoulder blades.  This eventually spread to feelings of cold in my upper arms and thighs.  I am constantly gett the kinds of "chills" one gets when one sees something emotional ("shivers").  I then developed tingling sensations in my arms (especially forearms) legs and face.  It is important to note that I have NO weakness, NO actually numbness, NO pain!  I haven't even had a cold in six months. Just these almost constant weird feelings.   I have had blood tests for just about everything (CBC panels, western blot lyme, heavy metal poisoning, you name it) from a GP and an infectious disease specialist, been examined by a Neurologist and had a MRI of the thoracic spine (where the cold sensation started) and MRIs with and without contrast of the brain and cervical spine.  All were normal.  I have had anxiety issues for most of my life, but these symptoms don't resemble anything I've had before.  I am at my wits end here.  I am able to do every activity I ever could but cannot enjoy them because of these "symptoms," and am constantly distracted by them which is impacting my ability to work.  I am a widowed father of two teenagers who is under a significant amount of stress and who is usually sleep deprived.  I understand how hyperventilation  can cause pins & needles, but don't think that's what I'm doing.
So I posted my comment about 2 months ago.  I could not boot my symptoms and really could not believe it was anxiety that was causing me to feel so wierd and was about to go back to the doctors.  I was getting these wierd tension headaches and kept feeling dizzy when I walked down the halls at work.  Finally I got so sick of this distracting me from my life I tried some St. Johns Wort 300 mg tablets at Walgreens.  Dude it was $8.99 I take to 2-3 tablets a day and all my symptoms literally disappeared in a matter of days!!!  I am not kidding, if you think you have physical anxiety symptoms this supplement is worth trying, I haven't felt this great/normal in a long time!  Its a very popular supplement and I am sure doesn't work for everyone but made me feel good enough to get back in my normal routine and got me back into weight lifting, which has helping even more!  I am telling you this stuff is the bomb, I got my life back and it feels great, if you read this message this product is safe and amazing.
I have been experiencing somewhat similar stuff. I moved away from home to go to uni in the country and sometimes stay here without going home for 8 weeks. I think this triggered anxiety for me, and I got a wave of daily symptoms like constant headaches, dizziness, loss of concentration, insomnia, and tingling in my cheeks. Ive now put up with it for 9 weeks, and i have dealt with this every single day. Now, most of those sensations have gone away, but the feeling in my face has completely worsened. I feel it all over my face, then just on one side, then i get jaw cramps, and it goes through feeling tingly, burning, itchy, and very tight, like im wearing dried paint on my face, that feels really weird to smile and talk. I have this 24/7 and it kicks in as soon as i wake up. Its so hard to deal with, and I feel completely hopless like no one can cure this, and I'll have to put up with it for the rest of my life. I know im definately experiencing anxiety, as I get very fast heart rate even lying in bed, night sweats, insomnia, constant worrying, low moods etc. Ive had blood tests, and urine tests and been to two emergency wards thinking i had everything to a brain tumor, to a stroke, to MS etc. I am 18, and extremly worried and sick of feeling this way.
I've been coping with this problem for almost a year - also the weird feelings, electricity and especially tingling.  When it's bad it's all over - head to toe.  My feet and hands are the worst.  It's like being sunburned and having someone run sandpaper over you.  I do not suffer from anxiety but took a benzodiazepam (tranxene) for many years as need for vertigo.  I have reached tolerance (when the symptoms kicked in) and am now on a withdrawal program.  It's not fun, but I feel I have to do it.  Google benzodiazepam withdrawal syndrome.  Heather Ashton, and others, have good explanations.   Medications that are benzodiazepams are Xanax, Ambien Valium and others.
I had a similar problem for about three years and it was making my life a living hell. Thank god I found a solution.

The stinging/prickly sensation used to happen to me whenever my heart would start to pump faster or my temprature would rise. Whenever I went out in the sun or into a heated room the stinging/prickly senasation would begin. Also I seemed to have an innability to sweat, my skin was dry and I would often wake in the early hours of the morning with a burning feeling under my skin (especially on my face and back).

It got so bad that when summer was about to arrive in Australia I moved to England to cool off. To my horror everywhere in England had central heating...der!!!! I remember one day I went to the public library and the central heating was on, within 30 seconds I started to get the stinging prickly sensation which made my heart run faster which made it worse. I ran outside and started rolling around on the cold damp grass. Everyone was staring but I didn't care, i had to do it.

That was the final straw, i came back to australia, went to several doctors who were no hope and said its all in the head. Then one day I saw a naturopath who changed my life.

His solution: RID BODY OF ALL TOXINS. I went on a kidney/liver cleanse diet that cleansed my body. No alcohol, cakes, biscuits, white bread etc for three months. Wola! All of a sudden these prickly sensations that I used to get (that I thought I'd have for ever) were gone.

So although the symptoms only ever came when my body would heat up, the cause of the problem had nothing to do with heat sun etc. It was because my body was in such an unhealthy state and my liver/kidneys were struggling to cope.

So in my case it had NOTHING to do with stress. I'm thinking maybe people who have a poor diet can become stressed and stress can even cause poor diet so chances are that people who hyave these symptoms due to poor diet/lifestyle also happen to have stress.

I realise this is just my personal experience and that might not work for everyone. But I hope this can help even just one person cos I know how bad it was to have it and especially that people just think you're making it up.
so when i smoke weed sometimes i get bad anxiety then when my arms touch each other or touches something else i feel a huge wave of numbness through my arms and it scares the **** out of me it feels like if i dont stop it as soon as it happens the wave will spread through my whole body this can happen with my arms hands and head nothing else that i know of so far but this only happens when i get high from marijuana why? what is it and why does it happen the numbness is so so scary i wish i knew what it is
Tingly and numbness is the one thing i have been obsessing over for 2 years! I'm pretty sure, as i suffer from panic attacks that i also have anxiety which as built up over time, and to be honest it's eating me up inside. I'm nearlly 18 and it's freaking me out so much that i go days where i'm just a mess. Luckilly my twin sister is going through the same so i get genuine reassurence from her 24/7! But yeah i just want it to go away, and i doubt it will because i can't stop thinking about it. May get some councilling or so and i believe it's anxiety by reading this forum but also when i'm happy and my mind is occupied it goes away. I hate it :(
Hi Today I believe I experienced an anxiety attack. I have been dealing with Costochondritis and I found myself at a point where i could not move from the pain in my chest, it frightened me so much that i believe i developed a panic attack. My heart was racing, i felt like I was ready to pass out, most of all I felt the weirdest sensation run through my body, I cannot describe it because it felt like a gush of blood running through my system really fast. I thought I was having a heart attack. Please tell me has anyone experienced something like this?
I get numbness and i tend to hyperventalate hen anxiety hits me... I take zoloft and xanax .. it helps my issues.. I hate having anxiety.. it scares me.. I get light headed and all that crap... it just comes on for no apparent reason... I feel crazy at times..
I get weird tingly sensations from severe anxiety as we'll, what helps me when it I available is to eat someting, preferably protein like every two hours or whenever feeling paticulary stressed from ptsd and such. The herb "scullcap" is also good for nerves and "inositol" is a b vitamin that is for anxiety in particular. Generally what I here is good for tingling and twitching is nutrition. Trace mineral supplements are great fo that. Keeping hydrated and excersizing is also good when possible.
hi guys, i suffer eally bad anxiety, can anxiety give you tingling on shoulder blade, and all over body internal shakyiness? i was convinced i am coming down with ms ive had the shoulder tingling on and off past 2 months wer my anxiety has gotten worse, please help
I get the same kind of feeling inside my stomach.. almost like how you would feel if you were going down hill on a rollar coaster. It wakes me up every morning at like 4-5am.. even if i go to bed at 3am.. I am gettting NO sleep, and am on 2mgs of Xanax two-three times a day and other meds.. NOTHING helps. I have had BAD anxiety, and other things for over 7 years, but this tingling sensation has just started a few months ago, any ideas anyone?.. I am starting to LOSE my mind.
More of a tickle feeling though then tingling.. I just lay in bed and toss and turn till i get too MAD and just get up, and HURRY to pop my Xanax.
WOW, am I relieved or what?! The past few months I thought were the beginning to the end of my life and i'm only 24 years old. I would try to go to sleep and as soon as I would kinda sorta get comfortable and doze off, my brain would shock me almost and I would sit up real fast gasping for breath. It was like my throat was closing up and I physically could NOT breath and had to literally tell my brain and lungs to breath because it wasn't doing it on it's own. I thought maybe I had throat cancer or brain cancer or SOMETHING horrible due to my prior days of partying. It seems it's anxiety or sleep apnea I have come to conclusion cause it only happens when I try to sleep. It's the scariest thing in the world when you can't breath and your brain has to shock you sending tingles down my arms, brain, heart, chest, face etc...just to wake me up cause I stop breathing somewhat in my sleep. I know this sounds terrible, but I find if I take a vicodin an hour before bed...it works like a charm and I can relax my mind and body enough to not let the anxiety get to me before bed. We all know that's when we have stress the worst, cause we're always thinking about things we need to do, haven't done, people we've wronged, debt, family, love, kids, carrier or lack there of, and the list goes on. Chin up mates! We shall prevail this horrible thing our bodies are going through and keep praying that we see the light of another beautiful day!
I also encourage you all (and myself) to pray more and put my trust in Jesus and ask for His peace. Also pray as you take any medicines and ask Him to help you not have side effects, or even better not need the medicine at all eventually - but don't worry on top of anxiety.. That just sounds like extra anxiety about being anxious. There is a scripture in Phillipians 4:6 that says Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  
Wishing you all peace and blessings on the road to healing and recovery!
I get tingling by my lips and above eye and by my breast???? I have anxiety, panic issues should I stress because I am.
I am an anxiety/panic attack sufferer of 25 years and recently hand numbness and tingling in both hands and one foot along with a numb nose tip!
I know what anxiety tingles are and this was different, doc thought carpel tunnel but I think after lots of research I have found the problem.
Vitamin B12 deficiency.
Even if our blood work says we are in the 'normal' range for many of us - especially those who suffer nervous symptoms - or symptoms of the nerves we simply do not have enough.
I take Methyl B12 5000mcg once a day now and most of my symptoms are gone or going.
To put this in to perspective the US 'normal range is 300 in Japan its 1300 -B12 is not water soluble so does not stay in the system. I am sure its helping me, but do research on Methyl B12 - you will see common problems related to this deficiency.
Also read up on types of b12 ususally the pill form that you swallow will never get into your blood, mine dissolves under the tongue.
Took about 10 days for me to notice a big difference, I also find my anxiety levels are less also.
P
I THINK I HAVE A STRANGE SENSATION LIKE A PALPITATION SOME TIME AT MY BACK BELOW RIGHT SHOULDER OR SOME TIME IN MY ARMS, DURING THESE BEATING I CAN SEE MY SKIN IS SHAKING  WHAT THIS COULD BE IS THIS IS RELATED TO MY BLOOD PRESSURE
I CHECKED MY SUGAR/BP SINCE I AM 48 MALE THEY ARE NORMAL PLEASE HELP ME, THANKS
im so happy i came upon this post im relieve that there other people that are experiencing the same symptom as me i had this for some time but recently its gotten worst my face would get numb i would feel alot of pressure on my forhead and eyes but what i hate the most is the tingly feeling i get in my face mostly it freaks me out feel like there bugs in my face and i can't sleep at night been going on for 2 weeks now ... but i feel better reading your post make me feel a little better
i have the same tingling all over my head and sometimes im not even thinking about anything . \i could just be watching tv , and all of  sudden the tingling sensation starts . It literally feels like im touching one of those electricty balls that make your hair stand up

I have been on paxil 20mg once a day for about 4 years now . I also have epilesey and hydrocephalus , which i think could be part of my problems but who knows
This is so funny to find this over 6 years after the first post. Wish I would have found this 5 years ago! I have been dealing with this crazy "tingling" sensation for years. I never knew it was anxiety until I was put on Zoloft for anxiety and depression. I had only had the weird sensations once in my life, two years prior. After being put on Zoloft, this tingling started and scared me to death! I have an uncontrollable sensation to wring my wrists, my arms, my ankles, legs, and curl into the fetal position. Everything feels strange to the touch, which makes me touch everything even more. It happens when I least expect it, like relaxing on the couch or trying to go to sleep. I move my hand and suddenly everything feels weird. My blankets feel like they are crushing me! After my doctor put me on Zoloft and I told him about these weird sensations, he told me the anti-anxiety/depression medication has a side effect of causing anxiety! I have been off the medication for 3 years, but the anxiety symptoms, that I never really had before, are here to stay. These symptoms, according to Zoloft, can be permanent. Yay :/

Yoga has been a huge help, but that's because it has helped me learn to deal with the stress. I recently made a big move across the country to a city where I knew no one. Personally, my anxiety is triggered by stress and my emotions. To anyone who can relate to my post, the key is find ways to relax. Listen to relaxing music, call a friend or family member who you can always rely on to talk you through your anxiety and bring you back down. I was told that anxiety is a reaction of something else, like large crowds, elevators, things like that, but anxiety being triggered by laying down to go to sleep??? Work on ways to reduce your stress, or deal with your stress during the day so that you are not subconsciously taking to bed with you at night.

If anyone else has any tips for dealing with this type of anxiety, I would love to hear them!!
Head tingle are typical of nuralga, generally nothing to worry about but a common problem which is hard to treat and often mis diagnosed, making u feel more anxious when u are unsure of the cause.
Definitely sounds like neuralgia. Also associated with migraine.
Did anybody ever get the tingling to ho away?
I started to get the same thing you are describing after smoking weed. I was fine smoking occasionally and then about 9 months ago these strange things started happening. First of all, I will admit that I get bad anxiety. But my other symptoms I cannot describe. It's like waves of numbness/tingling throughout my body (mostly in arms/hands). My whole sense of touch is distorted. Texture feels much different. It will last 2-14 hours depending on how much I smoke. Now here's the next weird thing. It now happens when I am completely sober. The first time it lasted 5 days. It wasn't as intense and when I was high. Mostly numbness (waves) and tingling in my arms and legs but sometimes in my face. I went to the ER and they said it was anxiety. At my follow-up appointment the doctor did not take my symptoms or anxiety as a possibility very seriously. Sometimes I wake up at night and this is happening. It has happened full throttle about a month after the initial "sober" incident. I am at a loss. This is very irritating and I don't feel like I can live with this if it becomes a lifelong thing.
This is just a very, very strange sensation. "Numbness" and "tingly" aren't the right words but they are the first to come to mind. If you find out anything I would love to hear what it is because I am really desperate to figure out what is going on here...
does anyonw ever get heat with your tingling? iget it in my shoulders mostly and its really hott
weed relaxes some people but it may also enhance anxiety that's already present...remember 2 always tell yourself that it's all in the mind and u control your mind...flashbacks are normal when u r sober..it's your mind triggered by a smell,sound,taste,past experience etc. just go with the flow, don't fight the feeling, take deep breaths and take control of your mind,body & soul!
I am 19 and have been having panic attacks since i was 16. In the beginning it was only happening a couple times a year, but my senior year has been filled with attacks one after another 3-4 times a week. I will be sitting in class and my hands go ice cold and feel really sweaty. Then I have difficulty catching my breathe which causes me to feel more anxious. I usually get up and run to the hallway so that nobody stares at me like im loosing my mind. After like a minute my entire body starts to tingle. From my feet all the way up to where my face and head feel like its completely numb. At this point I experience heat waves where all I want to do is find a way outside to get a breathe of air. The last thing that happens is that my hands and legs start to feel paralyzed. My hands begin to close into wierd shapes and are impossible to reopen untill the attack has passed. People have told me that I donot realize when I am hyperventilating and through the attack my eyes are glossed over and I begin to go into shock. After the episode has passed my body feels limp and my hands ache. Leaving me to desperatly wanting to go home and just sleep. I went into this much detail because I am beginning to believe that they are not panic/anxiety attacks at all but something else? Any insight would help me out a lot. Also I refuse to go to the doctors because I donot want to go through the whole "we cannot find anything" cycle and medicine only causes more side effects.
@morendorff I would make sure you don't have diabetes because symptoms of a low blood sugar start off that way and it might be the adrenaline response that is helping to get your blood sugar back up. If not, yeah it's most likely an attack.

I get tingling all the time. It ranges from a mild attack where I lose feeling in my nose, feet, and hands... to weird shocks that I get in my head and sometimes down my body. My doctor says that they are from tense neck and shoulder muscles, which are inflamed and therefore press on the nerves. I have been doing neck stretches and exercising and they seem to have gotten a tiny bit better.
I had my first panic attack a month ago. I was alone with my two year old. it was in the middle of the night and I literally woke up and fell to the floor. I had taken only one Paxil (I was having some anxiety prior but mainly situational). I didnt react well to thePaxil. I am having tons of chest pain, heart palpitations, dizziness (to the point I'm afraid to drive), I've even had to take a leave of absence from work. I get anxiety in public places wondering if I'm going to have another panic attack. my doctor put me on Zoloft because it has the least side effects and my anxiety is there day and night. I wake up in the middle of the night with it. I took the Zoloft once and it made me so nauseous. I took it at 1 o'clock in the afternoon and at first it made me so tired. I went to bed at 11pm and I woke up at 2am sick to my stomach and jittery so I couldn't go back to bed which then made me agitated. anyone else have these experiences? I feel so sorry for my two year old. some days I have barely any energy to play with her
I have tingling in my head, face and lips which has gotten worse this week.  I also feel like something, fluid or mucus is stuck in my ear. Thought it was sinuses but my dr. saw nothing so she's sending to get an. MRI.  I started crying and panic, needless to say the next day my face felt like it was on fire.  My MRI is next week but
after surfing the web, everything points to anxiety. I forgot to mention I saw a therapist last week who feels I may have a slight case of depression.  I had depression before and am familiar with the physical symptoms but I find it hard to believe that my currents aches and pains are the manifestation of it again.  If the MR
I haven't read all of the comments but the first few, but i have EXACTLY the same head tingling sensations,back pain and feel figity some times, this has been happening for about 1 year. i've been to the doctor a dozen times for my anxiety and body pains they have done several blood tests and nothing is wrong. I take hydroxyzine daily and helps a little. Is there any thing that has helped some of you out with these similar symptoms? Any replys will help!

Thanks PA.
I want to thank anyone for being honest about any past or present drug use regarding this issue, and I'll explain why (hopefully to help some of you feel more comfortable using it to describe what you're feeling because it seems IMPOSSIBLE to find the right words for this!)

Let me start off by stating two things 1. I have the weird sensation feelings described in almost every one of your posts - they are never painful but they scare me, I don't have shortness of breath and have had blood work and an MRI that tells me nothing is wrong with me neurologically speaking so Dr. diagnosed it as a symptom of anxiety. 2. I haven't used drugs in over 10 yrs, but did a LOT of ecstacy and smoked weed in my early twenties for about 3 yrs. wayyy more ecstacy than weed and if any of you have done either of those, its exactly how to describe the 'sensation'.

Because it was so long ago, I had no problem explaining to my Doctor that the 'sensations' felt like my body smoked weed then dropped ecstasy! Seriously though its annoying - its a weird body high but I am completely sober mentally. It comes and goes - it's in my left abdomin (abdomen) area one second, then my right foot, etc etc).

I have had anxiety my whole life, but only have physical symptoms when I am under a lot of stress, like right now (in other words, its not all the time and its not provoked by little things, but big life stuff like losing my job and not knowing how I am going to buy food next month).

The "full body high/sensation" is a new symptom that started about 3 months ago and its freaking me out (versus the 'normal' shortness of breath and rapid heart beat symptoms that don't cause 'major medical alarms' because they are considered common anxiety symptoms).

Irony: The body sensations freak me out, I think I am having a stroke one day, brain cancer the next, possibly MS the day after that, when in reality ....and here's the ironic part..... the body sensations are just a symptom of my anxiety from being out of work and being broke! Having the "I am having a stroke!" thoughts make me feel MORE ANXIOUS thus exasperating the sensations! The Irony! :(

Love that my doctor and every internet site tells me exercise is the answer. Because when I'm out of work with bills that I can't pay and no idea how I'm going to put food on the table...the first thing I want to do is go exercise!  (insert sarcasm ---> here.)

Seriously, this is annoying - this freak body sensation/high. I know its anxiety, thats fine... until then, its just really helpful to read all of your posts and not feel alone. That helps more than anything reduce the amount of medical issues I assume I have (brain cancer? MS? even though Dr. ruled them out??) because these 'sensations', while not painful, feel so scary and don't seem to fall under the 'normal' symptoms of anxiety!

There might not be one answer or any answer to this horrible thing, but I believe that a problem shared is a problem lessened... I hope.

Thanks for letting me share :)
-A
I started having panic / anxiety attacks when I was 19, I was on paxil for a short while and stopped with the medication because I didn't like the side affects that went with it. My anxiety went away or went dormant for some time till recently. Back in October 2011 I suffered a severe panic attack and I knew they were back. For the last few month I have been suffering from a racing heart, numbness in my left arm and tingling in my left part of my chest and my left arm. I suffer from Panic Disorder ( diagnosed again Feb 2012 )..

Today I was feeling bad pain in my heart, Knowing I recently went in for blood work and EKG, both came back fine, I was sure that I was just suffering from anxiety even though Im not feeling anxious for anything. Just a few hours ago tonight I felt a new sensation come over my face, arms and chest. It was a burning, tingling and warm sensation. I have never experienced this before and it scared me, it lasted for 3 minutes, if that, and I was ready to call for an ambulance.

I feel better knowing I am not alone with this sensation, I am however going in for new blood work tomorrow and have another EKG scheduled soon. My doctor is testing em for diabeties and other blood disorders. Ill update when I have results. I hope what I feel as being dignosed as Panic Disorder helps others to know that you are not alone and that the feels are normal.

PS.. Does anyone else suffer from long lasting left arm pain from anxiety? I have been assured that its not my heart but it bothers me so much that I wonder if it really is from anxiety.
I too had anxiety, & the symptoms were needles, pinning, head ache pain in chest, muscle twitching, irritation, electric sparks/current between coller & neck, pain in finger bones, etc.
Once I confirmed it was anxiety & nothing else, half the problem was solved.
The reasons for anxiety can be different & has to be found out.
For me, work (in foreign land & person life (no socialization, hobbies) was to some extent.
I took Luvox for a month or so & then at times only.
I also have anxiety from 2 years now,
at first i was having heart palpitations and major panic attacks which leads me to the emergency rooms. no one was able to understand my problem. i was actually treated after 1 months of having serious panic attacks. i went to the physiatrist neuropathic doctor who diagnose my problem.
i am on Xaar (pregabalin),
Seroxat CR (Paroxetine),
and few anti-depressant.

I quit these medisn by myself. clipping them out.

Now i am having these tingling feeling on the top left of my head, near my ear and down to my neck.

i have consulted my doctor again and he changed some medisns, but its not helping me.

Please help
regards,
Wali
I have had tingling and numbness mostly on my left side but recently all over. These symptoms have been going on since November. I also have had chest pains, muscle twitches, and sometimes I feel really disconnected kind of like I'm in a fog. The thing that concerns me the most is that sometimes my right leg or right arm feel heavier than the left. I have had a head and cervical MRI, CT scan, EKG, chest x-rays, neurological exams, and extensive blood work all which came back normal. I am still really concerned that I have MS because my symptoms are REALLY similar. Should I be worried? Could this possibly be bad anxiety?

I'd love to hear a lot of peoples opinions. I still have to wait another month to meet with a neurologist in Boston and am very worried I have something serious.
So glad I have found forum, I suffer from tingling, crawling feeling on my body, all up my arms and legs btm of feet, normaly starts 2 weeks before period, Dr says anxiety and stress, hard to believe, can't settle, ok if out doing something, like a walk with the dog ,  but them symptoms come back . gets me down , depressed, get fed up ,  can any one suggest any vitamin or substitutes to relieve symptoms .
Lisa merritt
Hi I am 44 yrs old and I had tingling in my hands for years which recently spread to my face, usually left side of mouth eye even above my right eye. According to my family doctor it is cause of extreme stress and anxiety, which I believe is true. I also suffer from B12 deficiency, this can cause the tingle sensations also. I suggest you have this tested if not already done. I also get heart palpitations and sudden tiredness usually before the tingleness.I know the small warnings before hand but it can last for a few days, very annoying but usually an adivan and rest will help.  The thing is to figure out what triggers those symptoms and learn to take deep breaths, go for a walk or rest. If your my age also check your hormones. Mine is extremely high also.
Practically every symptom you guys have described, I constantly have at least one and this has been for about twelve years. I also have visual hiccups to. Years of MRIs, MRAs, CTs, different docs, etc etc etc, you get the idea. And guess what , until now nothing has shown up.  I think even tho I don't feel anxious or stress, my body is and tells me by hitting me with all these scarey symptoms. I think about the only thing I can suggest and hope it works for me to. Keep looking for a solution for the anxiety whether it be massage, yoga, whatever. I'm gonna keep looking cause I'm not gonna live like this for rest of life. Good luck all.

I have had strong anxienty for over 1 year but it has stopped now, however
I have read all your post here and I need to inform you, since you do sounds like victims of Dew Wepons that are used towards any person but many times towards Ti's (Targeted Individuals) and in Organzied Gang Stalking. So I would strongly recomend you to look up information regarding....

Dew Wepons (Directed Energy Wepons)
Tis (Targeted Individuals)
Organized Gang Stalking
Mk Ultra (Mind Control)

There are plenty of websites about all these subjects and also facebooks Groups that you can join to learn about it. I will included some great links here below I need to inform you, since you do sounds like victims of Dew Wepons that are used towards any person but many times towards Ti's (Targeted Individuals) and Organzied Gang Stalking. So I would strongly recomend you to look up information regarding....

Dew Wepons (Directed Energy Wepons)
Tis (Targeted Individuals)
Organized Gang Stalking
Mk Ultra (Mind Control)

There are plenty of websites about all these subjects and also facebooks Groups that you can join to learn about it. I will included some great links here below

Microwave Weapons, Cell Tower Radiation Experiments Barry Trower Part 1 of 11
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQANlSd0d4s

Organized Stalking, Silent Sound & Directed Energy Weapons DEWs Against Citizens
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZFk6n_98gs&feature=related

The Hidden Evil
http://www.thehiddenevil.com/
I also experience the tingling and numbness in my face. The doctor put my on xanxa the .25 mg I have been on it for awhile now the feelings have started all over again. I have ask my doctor to up the dose but she want so now I have to take 2 pills instead of one, I have to do this 3 times a day. How can I convence her to up the dose?
i have a weird sensation in my chest i got it in my drream and when i woke up i started worring about it the sensation felt weird i was almost falling in my dream and i cant stop thinking about it.WHAT DO I DO ???? the sensation is a pressure and my chest or something related. when it happend i told my self it happend in my dream did it happen in real life to
OMG Its great to know that it is anxiety. ever since i started school this last semester ive been so stressed out and always worry about me not finishing school with a good grade. and now i have tingly sensation all over my body and at times i get a head ache. so now i have to get my anxiety under control. at least i know im not alone. thanx for the help u guys.
Hi. I have most of the same issues u mentioned. Do you still have them or did they go away? You can e-mail me a t ***@**** I appreciate it.
Dear White Orchid. I suffer from anxiety disorder and panic. I have a buzzing, but not a tingling numb fingers etc. I did have some of the symptoms u had due to whiplash from an accident. Turned Out i had nerve damage near the neck which effect so many parts of the body with numbness, because your nerves can be pinched and effect different sensations in the body. Most of our nerve pathways besides our brain, stem from our neck and spine and with injury can result numbness tinging etc. I saw a chiropractor and got xrays done. Turned out I had a cyphodic neck. which meant some of my nerves were being compressed and pinches on due to an injury. I highly recommend xrays from a chiroprctor, and if you have a problem, doing adjustments with traction to get our nerve pathways and body realigned which will take pressure off the nerves that are affecting your symptoms. If it is not that then defenitley likely it is anxiety related and I find the quick acting Xanax (Alprazolam) brings my body back into a natural state and calms my nervous system. Good Luck.  : )
hi, im 28, i have been having axiety issues since i was a child and i think that it causes my heart to skip a beat when i am stressed out. i have had my heart checked. i do suffer from depression. BUT i work out 3-7 days a week to control it. but today i started getting this tingling/numbness feeling by my sternum...its weird....i am a high strung person i stress about about everything. i drive 500 miles a week for work and 2.5 years ago a semi hit my car ( nothing broken , but sometimes i start having panic attacks when driving) work stresses me out all the time. my own dog stresses me out because she is so ...well if you knew my dog you would get it.i think if i had no problems in the world and all the money in the world..id be exactly like this still.......so after reading 6 years of comments and what not... this could never go away basicly is what everyone is saying??
Some good counsel helped me. Plus, I would take a half xanax a couple times a day. That lasted a few months until I just kinda felt I didn't need it anymore. I learned that even if you don't feel like you are freaking out in your head, your body gets to a point where it may be freaking out as a response to all the stress over a period of time. My body felt weird (panic attacks, etc) for almost a year.
I suffer from anxiety too, but there's hope for recovery! just a couple of weeks ago I found a really good book by Dr. Claire Weeks, called Hope and Help for Your Nerves, which helped me to understand how anxiety can be cured! Check it out on amazon and read the amazing testimonies! I'm so thankful to God for it! Basically it is a self-help book, but there's so much more than just techniques on overcoming the anxiety. The book is an easy read. She describes what happens in our bodies and how we can help our nerves heal. In order to heal, our nerves need to be relaxed and it takes time to heal (don't expect your healing overnight), just like a broken leg needs time to heal. Please don't be skeptic, please check out the book and it may help you greatly as it helps me already. One of the testimonies of how this book helps to recover from anxiety was written by the lady that runs website - www.healthbanquet.com - she was cured of anxiety without anti-depressants. Check out her testimony and website, it will give you hope! God bless
Has it gone away slowly? I get all those tingling symptoms as well, feels like all my right side is tense and there are knots under armpit, sometimes under chin and in my neck. The tingling is under my right arm extends to my mid torso and into my lower back sometimes my right leg, throat, back of neck, face etc list goes on. All this began about a week ago, had anxiety in the past when I was 17 really bad but it went away on its own occasionally came back but nothing serious-no tingling then. I'm 24 now,  about a month back my parents split and all this came on to me not at once but in parts, I personally feel as though this is the root of my problem since I went through a lot of stress about financial stability in the house and worried about my family. At times I can't cope well because I worry It can be something bad medically but at other times I feel ok even when the tingling is there. Has anyone gotten over this tingling sensation, I feel in control of my panic attacks and somewhat at ease about the health I feel as if this tingling went away I would feel ok again. Plz help
Can you please help me understand why I have these tingling sensations in my body, I want to get the book but Im looking for an explanation to put my mind at ease.... I can control almost all my symptoms except this tingling that started happening last week
Definitely. I actually had my first experience with the tingling a couple weeks ago, and it scared me so much that I went to the ER right away.
What happened was I was driving home from work when it started to happen, and I've already been having really bad chest pains, so I was afraid it had something to do with my heart. Not to mention, my heart rate started increasing as it was happening, and I was having trouble breathing. They ran tests on me and told me that, on top of the anxiety, I was dealing with heart palpitations and panic attacks, (which explains the increasing heart rate.) they just gave me a prescription and sent me on my way. It's completely normal, from what I understand.
a shuttering pulse is sent out from my brain that travels down my spine encompassing my whole body with a tingling feeling that leaves me completely numb and void of my surroundings-- when I think of living my life alone.
Just soooooo relieved. Somehow we tend to think we are the only ones in the world having these sensations hehe and then all kinds of horrible thoughts about terminal illnesses creep up.
Diagnosed with anxiety recently. The things that worried me were the tingling sensations (sometimes my lips), being dizzy, headaches that started recently and basically all of the above mentioned. I am on Serdep at the moment and it seems to be working.
I am also of the opinion that my smoking absolutely does not help so have set a date to stop on 8 July 2013!!!
Just wanted to say thank you for this forum. It helps to know you're not going crazy :-)
Thank you! Reading your comments has made me feel a lot better.

I recently had the tingling numb weird feeling on my face and thought it was a stroke; went to ER and nothing found in CTscan, preliminary blood work, chest xray and other tests they did. Saw a neurologist a few days ago and will have an MRI done next week and some blood work (vitamin B12 deficiency was discussed and I've started taking a multivitamin to supplement). I have been under a lot of stress and my primary had given me Xanax to take daily on as need basis; I don't think it is helping because I've taken daily now for 5 days. A friend suggested a psychologist that does hypnosis; apparently hypnosis helped eliminate the anxiety and panic attacks. I'll be looking into that as well. I'm not fond of medications and that may be a good alternative if it works.
are we supposed to get these symptoms even if we feel we are not feeling anxious???
I love you all! No, really. Your posts gave me so much relief that I am not alone. Or crazy.  I just have anxiety, as many other here and have to deal with it. I have symptoms EXACTLY as few of you described above.

Started one day when I did damage to my body - it was hell hot day, i drank lot of coffee, stress and then workout hard with weights at 5pm, when it was still hot and didn't turn aricon. Soon my breathing was heavy and started feeling out of breath and dizzy. Didn't stop for 2 hours and i gone to emergency thinking its heart-attack or stroke (Thanks God it wasn't, waiting 2 hours, hehehe). Well after this 'episode' i started thinking how i could die from heart attacked alone at home and no-one would know (my wife coming home at 9pm that evening). Started thinking me about all illness i could have and all terrible things that could happen to me. In the next few weeks I felt so tired, muscle pain, dizzy, stop all exercise (bad mistake!). I still work at computer, so my back started hurting from hours sitting and no activity - and all this deepen my anxiety. I gone to see doctor, check my heart, everything and conclusion was anxiety. I got Erispan and Xanax. But I refused to take them. Any. Ever. I want to fight it.

Now after 2 months I am totally convinced its only anxiety. Still sometime hit me heavy and I feel as my neck muscle are very tight, I start sweating and panic. But usually I take run outside - go for walk and listen to podcasts with interesting people - what occupy my mind and fast walk make my body busy - so in about 30-40 min I am fine. Totally fine. I come back home and its all good. Sometime if its happen at the evening I figure out that just glass of red wine works well too. Give me a bit of relaxing and that is all I need. I don't drink alcohol normally, so one glass of wine make me tipsy :) And I drink lot of water too. And relaxed enough not to think about my anxiety. Also I started with pilates and gyrokinesis (good for posture). Exercising helps a lot. Sometime just 30 min of pilates take my tight muscles away. Totally. I am doing better now - hit me maybe only 2-3 times a week. Last week only once. This week twice. But I'll get back to once a week :)

So I refusing to take tablet. Fight. Talk to your body and say - hey, my body, lets fight this anxiety together. You and me, we can do it. So thanks all for sharing. I have the same. Anxiety. Make me panic, make my neck stiff, make my lips numb and sometime lightheaded. But I fight it. And I pray to God that you all will find your way to fight it too. Never give up. Fight it.
Eric, sounds like you have anxiety due to family problems. I felt the same before. You'll be fine. Just fight it. make plan for yourself - how to get better. Exercise is very good tool. When I was in very similar situation as you, as I made plan to run every morning, do 40min workout every evening, eat healthy food, not alcohol, smoking, coffee. I make list of people who make me good, so I can spend timer with them. And list of things I can do to make me feel better (for example I love to paint and box). I wrote all on paper and every morning look at it. And every day do it. And after 2-3 months I left soo much better. And my body wa sin very good shape too :)
All the best, you can do it. Don't give up.
So happy I have found this page. I am 20 years old and attended university where I had my first ever panic attack. Due to this had to leave my course as I was so stressed and unhappy. My left arm went numb and I couldn't breath properly- thought I was having a heart attack. Since then I have been experiencing tingling and prickling sensations all over my body - mainly my fingers and toes. I also get a lot of muscle spasms and a pain/aching sensation on my upper back/neck.

However I believe looking up symptoms has made my anxiety worse because I keep diagnosing myself with the worst possible dieases. Just happy I have most probably found out the reasons for my symptoms!
Hello there! I'm a Danish woman finally finding someone in the world describing similar symptoms as I've had myself for the past 3 years now. There's no doubt that I suffer from severe anxiety due to a very stressful divorce 4 years ago (and perhaps even before that as I'm one of those Highly Sensitive Peole). I was then diagnozed with MS because my symptoms were somewhat alike those you get when suffering from that (terrible) disease. However, a year later, the doctors took away the diagnose and left me with 'stress'. Ever since, my symptoms have become WORSE, now at a point where I think that this is the limit of what I can take. I have a burning, buzzing, thingling sensations in my skin ALL over my body. I can honestly say that there's not a single spot that is not affected. And because I can feel that something is very, very wrong in my nervous system, I constantly think of it. I try do do yoga exersizes and to meditate - nothing helps. So besides the relief of finally finding someone who seem to suffer from the same kind og bodily disfunction, I also have a question. Is there any chance, just the smallest piece of hope I can cling to, that this will eventyally go away..? If I can just trust the fact that I can get my body (or perhaps my soul?) to find some kind of piece, then the symptoms will disappear and I can get my life back! Is there someone out there that have actaully experienced that they became well again? I am now on medication (cymbalta and seroquel, don't know if they have other names in the US) and they do not seem to have an effect. I just so wish to hear that even if your body has been so tremendously out of order for years, it CAN actaully heal itself and get in balance again... Anyone? Thanks :-)
I wanted to tell you how much you comment meant to me. I have suffered with anxiety since childhood, but since having surgery 3 months ago, I have fallen in a heap..convinced I was having a heart attack or a possible blood clot...plus any other bad thing that might go wrong with me. The doctors all tell me it is anxiety and prescribe me anti-depressants but, like you do not want to take any of those meds. I want to fight the symptoms, as I know they are all just from anxiety. I aways feel a little better around people I know, crowds are scarey for me so I only venture out the door if I have to. (Kids to school, work and shop) I seem to put on a brave face at work but that is so exhausting. I get home and just want to do nothing. The house has fallen behind of housework and I only tend to do the absolute minimum. So thanks again for letting me feel "normal". I really do appreciate your comment!! :) I hope you get better as each day passes............Onward and Upward!!
I'm on anxiety meds and have been since I had surgery 2 yrs. ago!  I have severe anxiety especially when I'm at home! My husband is very hyper which makes my symptoms worse! I have the numbness in my lips too. When it happens I rub them vigorously until it stops. Not for rubbing them but it wears off! I called my pharmacists because I thought it was because of the meds but he said no!  This is such an weird feeling!
Have you thought of going to a health food store and taking natural remedies.  I take rescue remedy as well as 90 drops of pascofemin homeopathic remedy  used to relieve symptoms associated with men0pause, pms and other hormonal disturbances  in a bottle of water that I sip on all day.  It has worked wonders for me.  Good Luck
hey!! I'm a university student as well (21 years old.. female) and I had my first ever panic attack last semester! I was having a lot of stressful thoughts etc and I thought i was having some heart complication when it started to feel like it skipped a beat/raced up. wow.. tight chest, trouble breathing, numb feelings etc BUT  the blood test, ECG, X RAY and urine test all came back normal. But i felt under so much stress/anxiety while waiiting for it that the back of my neck tensed up and there was a feeling of pain. Now last night i got this horrible pain/headache at the lower back of my head. I got up with a strange feeling on the left side of my head and some tingly sensations!! sigh.. its so stressful.. i was crying because i just want it to be all over
This thread is 7 years old so I don't know if JennyW is looking at it. Input from some posters is now starting to look more like a statement of their own anxieties, so if that is the case you might get more use from MedHelp if you made your own thread on Medhelp and see what people say to help with your condition. Not that I care, but I am only offering a suggestion
One way I have of testing if something is anxiety is to try a certain type of breathing for 20 minutes or so. Since most physical symptoms of anxiety are caused by overbreathing, this will often make the symptoms go away or at least lessen. And it's also just inherently relaxing, so it will often help with even those anxiety symptoms that aren't due to overbreathing.

The way of breathing is to make sure you breathe in faster than you breathe out. At first, I make the out breath as long as possible, and the in breath as short as possible, to more quickly counteract bad breathing. Then I slowly transition to regular deep breathing, which should always be just slightly longer on the out breath, and should be less than 12 breaths per minute.

If the bad feeling goes away or lessens considerably, I know it's anxiety. And it also suggests that breathing retraining will be the solution or at least significantly help.

That said, make sure you've had your vitamin levels tested by your doctor. Even if it is from anxiety, a lot of vitamin deficiencies can cause anxiety. B12 is a big one.
I don't think it's anxiety. This is the first time I actually find out these symptoms might be cause by anxiety. I have had tingling starting from my big toes last year, then progressed to severe pain on my foot, swelling and tingling on my finger pads. Went for lab tests, emg, everything came out normal. My doctor/neurologist prescribed Neurontin which I have taken for a few months. Then I noticed I started to sleep on the wheel at night coming from work with my girls sitting in the car. I panicked, my physician reduced the dose. Then I got better, stopped taking the pills. Recently, the tingling/pricking sensation intensify and became generalized, it is now on my scalp, face, lips, neck, shoulders, all over my body. Then I begin to have headaches, fatigue, body aches, shooting pain in my left ear, I get very warm, short of breath. I feel like I am losing my mind, I get upset all the times screaming cause I can't handle the symptoms and not knowing what's going on. I have an MRI scheduled, I am terrified. Being an oncology nurse, I am thinking the worse, cancer. I have done all the research, yet to find out what's going on. First, I was told lyme disease, then guillain barre syndrome, later lupus. All tests have been negative for those listed. I am in shock that other people are actually experiencing the same symptoms. If I don't find out soon enough, I will lose my mind for real.
Please read and comment on a few questions I have.
For me my problem started with a sensation thahttp://www.medhelp.org/forums/Anxiety/show/71t I was stepping on marbles on my feet. Over the next 18 months a feeling of tingling, pins and needles and burning spread over my lower legs, arms, face etc. i have had every test, all basically normal.

1. if your blood tests are normal, have you had an MRI of your neck and head to see if Degenerative disc disease is pressuring your spinal cord, paricularly in the cervical (neck) area?
2. can you sleep at night? in other words, once you fall asleep, do you sleep and the pain resumes when you wake?
3. if you take drugs like paxil or cymbalta, (SSRI drugs) does it make things worse?
4. does vigorous exercise make things better for a short time?
I too have had your symtoms (symptoms), zonegran 100 mgs. once a day stopped
all this. This med is used in treatment of epilepsy. My last migaine was 8
years ago, but optical migaines will cause a numbness and seizure-like
feeling around your face which this med stopped, thanks to a wise Dr.
Nothing seemed to work for me either, until I saw a psychiatrist as well as a psycologist. Different meds work differently for different people. It's all about trial and error. For me zoloft didn't work well but for some people it does. It was all about the right combination, and for me that was ativan for short term anxiety and lexapro for long term healing. In addition, remember that positive thoughts and decreased stress are like vitamins for the brain. Those two items are what will ultimately allow you to heal.
Week of 27/7 to 02/08
2 hrs ago by otakugenx
blockhead123 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
Amandag78 commented on Feeling real and tryi...