Tingling in Face, Neck and Shoulders
Can anyone advise me of what could be the best medication to ease / get rid of this feeling of my skin crawling with insects. It started on the top of my right ear, and has now spread down the right side of my face, neck, shoulder. Sometimes it feels like a flushing motion starting from neck and flushing upwards towards my head, and other times it flushes the other way from head down to shoulder. I am 63 yrs old and this has come on over the last 4-6 weeks. I am not unduly stressed, nor do I have any particular worries, except for this condition. My doctor say it is not anything serious, and a recent blood test came back as 'Normal'.
Can anyone help?
I maybe would try a gentle chriopractor, it could be a pinched nerve sending those signals threw your body. When I slipped a disc it was almost like I had the flu, it was really werid.

goodluck
i was in a car accident last november -2010, it was whiplash .  I started getting tingeling in neck rt. side and in face , alil down shoulder but not arm, had a ct scan shows disk disease and sending me to get mri, they say ct scan dosent show pinched nerve, it did show problem with c-4 and c-5 disc, (degeneritive disc disease that is causing pinched nerve. doc says it takes years to develope ddd, but car accident caused it to come to the forefront where i began to feel pain,  that i did not have before the accident), my problem is being  denied for mri because i am on medical and doc had to resubmitt  for approval all over again--- As of 8-23-2011 most tingiling has subsidded, but still have a flushing sensation and slight numbness on neck, unfortunately i was told the mri wont show that much now, it should have been done when i had the severe tingeling and burning---Now it will not be documented as severe as my pain was in the beginning because it has subsidded emensley  , I cant help all the red tape and procedures i had to go thru and now lawyer says we can go forward but unfortunate i wasnt given an mri in the beginning instead of c t scan.  So my advise to you would be to get mri as soon as possible.  I dont know if that helps you, but i nwould get it diagnosed as soon as possible, it really sounds like a pinched nerve to me, I've read so much on the net.  Jennifer in california.
Hi Kaylie, Thanks for your response which I appreciate. I'm finding in my research that there are so many people with this type of problem, and all have different ideas, and explanations.
I've had Carotid Doppler scan, and also MRi scan.
Doppler scan showed nothing to worry about, but will get results of MRi in Oct..will keep you posted on that.

Thanks--- Bill
Hi Jennifer,
Thanks for your response which I appreciate. I'm finding in my research that there are so many people with this type of problem, and all have different ideas, and explanations.

Thanks--- Bill
I have the same symptoms you described.  I've had this for about two or three weeks.  At first I only had them in the A. M. after arising from bed.  The last few days I've had the numbness on the right side of head and shoulders during the day.  Should I be concerned.