Anxiety Community
Tingling in my legs.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Tingling in my legs.

I have had a whole pile of problems lately.  started off with tingling in my left arm when I tip my head back as if I'm looking up in the sky.  I had an x-ray and was diagnosed with arthrits of the cervical spine and bone spurs.  This was causing the tingling in the arm.  I also developed tingling in my fingers of the right hand and that was diagnosed as a trapped ulnar nerve. I have worried to death about MS and all the other possible causes and now I have a tingling sensation in my legs. Almost like the hairs are standing up on end like a shiver I guess. Not really pins and needles, just like a very slight tingling. Sometimes I feel a slight pain in the back of my legs at different places, sometimes in the joints. Also have developed the occasional muscle twitch. I Googled this and of course it takes me back to the symptoms of MS and a pile of other things.  I'm freaked out. Can anxiety cause this twitching,  muscle pain and muscle twitches. The more I think of it the more I seem to have them?

your answer is YES it can cause those. try calming down, taking a hot bath and just getting your mind off of it. the WORST thing you can do is GOOGLE stuff. DONT DO IT!!! if your really that worried go back to the doctor, its prob just anxiety. good luck & best wishes.
"if your really that worried go back to the doctor"

Yes, if you have any re-occuring problems you should go back to your doctor, or just plain ol' go to the doctor. Don't you think, Hollie?
Excellent advice.  Much accerpiated.  
I just wanted to add to your above comments that I believe in chiropractic care too.  But, I will only work with my chiropractic doctor who uses the "activator" and other forms of less evasive chiropractic procedures.  I have sever cervical spine fusion issues, and she will NOT twist on any part of my spine.  It is very helpful for panic attack issues too.  Also very helpful is deep muscle work for controlling panic attacks.

I just wanted to add to your above comments that I believe in chiropractic care too.  But, I will only work with my chiropractic doctor who uses the "activator" and other forms of less evasive chiropractic procedures.  I have sever cervical spine fusion issues, and she will NOT twist on any part of my spine.  It is very helpful for panic attack issues too.

I love that someone mentioned not to google symptoms, so true! This is a great forum. I am having an attack of something right now, and this is already helping. As for tingling extremities, when you hypervetalate even a little as such with anxiety attacks, that is the bodies response to the sypathetic nervous system. Its all good. Have you thought about seeing a chiropractor? Not a twist your spine type, but a subtle adjustment that focuses on spine health?
I have been being treated for anxiety for the las few months, and even though I was on medication, the stress was manifesting itself physcially since I had the emotional part under control.  I was having exhausted feelings in my legs like i had run a marathon at top speed all day long.  I could still walk and wasn't exactly week but that is just what it felt like for 3 straight days.  I talked to my doctor and she said that it could be potassium deficiency and told me to take a multivitamin and drink lots of water... but also that it is probably stress related.  That day, I talked to my counselor about it, went home and ran the stairs of my apartment 3 times and went to bed.  I woke up feeling just fine.

Give that a try.  Exercise released the tension and vitamins help heal.

Worked for me!
Swollentoe commented on franceslee's status
Amandag78 commented on msdelight's status
OncecleanNserene commented on Tramadol & Ultram...