Anxiety Community
Tired...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Tired...

hey all im pretty new here but looking through all the forums you guys seem really supportive. Well i guess i'll get straight to the point. I'm 19 and in the past year or so i've been getting these "episodes" which im pretty sure are panic attacks. I notice my hear beat, i get heat waves, very dizzy almost feeling like i'm going to pass out and gets very difficult for me to talk. My muscles also tense up randomly and i get filled with adrenaline. I also get very very nauseous (never puked but got to the point where i was gagging). I also get this feeling of awkwardness, like i feel like im awkward or the situation is awkward when i shouldnt. These episodes happen at random i have not noticed any  trigger. I've also been struggling with depression, i feel like im going no where in life and i've done nothing and everything is pointless, i hate myself most of the time for no reason i'm never really happy anymore. I have no motivation to do anything like hang out with friends or do things i usually enjoy, I've barely left the house in the past 6 months or since i graduated highschool really in 2011. These are getting more and more frequent too. i've gone to my doctor about it and she gave me zoloft which helped the anxiety but made the depression worsen so i stopped taking them. I dont know what to do anymore, i just know im tired of feeling like this sorry if this seems like a cry for attention, but that is the last thing i want, i just want to feel normal again.
I am suffering from the exact same thing the things I do to help me is so something I enjoy doing uhm walking helps a lot and when u have panics attacks breath in through your nose and count to 4 hold ur breath for 2 and let it out for 4 seconds repeat this 10 times also writing down how you feel helps so get a book and right down how you feel and why u think u feel that way ..
I have the same issues. Except, I actually get to the point where I will start vomiting if I am not able to leave the situation before hand. I didn't notice any trigger either until I started putting the pieces together, then I came to the conclusion that it was socially related. I don't necessarily have to be in engaging in conversation, just be in a socially occupied space with others that I may or may not know. I'm fine when I am at home alone. It is this fear of panic that keeps me from doing things that I once enjoyed. <3
it's usually in public places, but i get them at home aswell but for the most part im fine at home. if i just go for a walk or something to get away from the place where my "episode" happend im okay to go back for the most part, but i just really want to leave when it happens but sometimes i cant. i've contacted a therapist and hopefully will be fixed because it ***** not be able do the things i enjoy. i just think about things too much, very pessimistic. Worry constantly about everything
I've had them at home too. I hope you can get help now, because it can and probably will get worse as you get older. It's a pain. Mine has been slowly creeping up on me for a decade, and now I'm pretty much completely isolated. Though not as nearly isolated as I'd prefer to be. I found great relief from the medication Adderall (adderrall), but everyone is different.
FOODS NOT TO EAT!
1 hr ago by gymdandee
10356 commented on Joe's Team!
Dalubaba commented on Dalubaba's status