Too much worry and no one to help calm me down
I feel like I am going crazy. I went to the hospital on Last Wednesday because I thought one of my pupils was bigger than the other. They put an iv in my hand which was removed 24 hours later. Now when I look at my wrist it is slightly swollen, and slightly painful to the touch. No redness or discoloration or warmth just slightly swollen. I am going crazy over it. All I can think about is that the swelling is the beginning of an infection or a blood clot that will eventually kill me. I have no life outside of worry and no one to talk to. I need help and actually even thought of voluntarily admitting myself to a psych hospital. Can anyone out there help?
You need to start by getting a psychologist who specializes in treating anxiety.  Psych hospitals probably wouldn't even take you unless you're suicidal or dangerous to others -- not enough beds.  And then they'd just load you up with drugs, which you might need but you're going to end up on an outpatient basis anyway.  So get to a psychologist and see if you can't learn to later the way you're thinking.  If the therapist thinks you need medication he or she will tell you to see a psychiatrist.  As for your wrist, that's normal -- it always looks like that when you get out of the hospital.
Sorry, not later the way you're thinking, alter.  oops.