Anxiety Community
Took Klonopin last night, woke up bad anxiety

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Ryan, I took 1/4 of a 0.5 Clonazepam ast night along with my half of a Flexeril,(5.0) and woke up with really big bang anxiety. So I this morning I had to go back and take a .05 Ativan and I also took half a 0.5 Clonazepam. Should I take both for a while? For how long? Or jus increase the Clonazepam and stop the Ativan. I get such pains in my back and shoulders and neck. I think it's from no Ativan. What should I do?
Are you just getting on klonopin or trying to get off..I just got on .5 3 x a day and loving life i feel amazing..write me back i'd like to know...Gina
Trying to taper off Ativan by going on Klonopin. I'm a mess this morning.
I know its hard but trust me all of this hell is worth it go down to my post were i just started my weening it say today is my first day switching from xanax to klonopin..check it out it might help to see what i went through.
Ryan, Depending upon the day, I was taking mostly .50; sometimes I could get away with .25. Sometimes, when it's really bad, I needed .75. I never took 1.0. I am taking it 2 sometimes 3 times a day. And I have been on it for about 2 years. I was maintaining really well on .25 until this summer. I'm off for the summer with a lot of unstructured time on my hands and my mind, well, is obsessing on my pain.
I have a bottle of Klonopin that my doc gave me when he suggested I try switching from Ativan to Klonipin (klonopin).  Last time I saw him, I told him that I was trying the Klonopin but wasn't getting relief.  I think he was too cautious and didn't want me to have bad anxiety, so he told me to stay on the Ativan. Then he wrote me a script for Inderal (Propanolel). I tried it Fri., through today. I really don't think it does anything. Plan C script is for Remeron. Now, last March, he gave me Remeron 30 mgs. I threw them away. I never experienced such an awful, awful drain on my entire being. Now, he wants to go backto 7.5 mgs. at night if I complain about the Ativan. he's given me Seroquel to try, Resperidol (risperidone). I never took the Resperidol (risperidone). He wanted me to take 100 mgs. of Seroquel. I'm 110 lbs. I took 25 mgs - took it one night, slept like I never slept before, but I couldn't take it the next day, tired, drained. I've tried all the SSRI's. They do a number on my jaw - tightnes. I think it's the serotinin. The reason I was taking Flexeril was for back and neck spasms. Maybe they are due to me trying to get off Ativan on my own? Should I go for .50 Klonipin (klonopin) tonight? I'm so scared. Mary
LISTEN to Ryan PLEASE!!!!...i was on xanax for 7 YEARS!!!! which like atavan is only suppose to be taken for short term but our stupid doctors dont worn us of this....I  know right know your feeling like there is no way out and your trapped in a medication HELL..But trust me your not its my 12th day on klonopin with no xanax and i feel AMAZING!!!!..Dont take the klonopin and atavan together just stop the atavan and replace it with the klonopin just like ryan said...He was there for me the whole time i was weening it was hard im not gonna lie but worth every bit of hell.like ryan said if you dont do something now you will be in a lifetime of med hell...There will be a point were you feel like its not working and want to give up...god knows i did..But as ryan explained to me (and he was right) The klonopin takes time to reach steady state in the body...so as the xanax was decreasing i was left "vulnerable"...But that was only a few days you have to stick with it i will help you i know what your going threw...its sooooooo worth it..i feel for the first time in a long time like myself sometimes i feel so good i forget to take my night dose and i just fall asleep that would never have happened before i would count the hours till i could take my next dose of xanax now i live my life with the klonopin not for the klonopin...Good Luck..And keep posting anything you want to say even if its crazy..ive been there....and Ryan will help you to i coulnt have done it without him...Gina
Gina Thanks for your words. I took .25 last night and .25 this morning. I have anxiety. I'm so scared. I wish I knew what to do to comfort myself. Mary
I took .25 last night of Clonazapam at 11 pm and slept through the night. I took .25 this morning at 7 am. It's  10 am and I'm fighting the anxiety. I don't know if this matters, but I'm on HRT too. I wasn't sleeping and getting night sweats. I use the Vivelle patch and have to take progesterone for 10 days, 10 mgs. I'm so scared.
Quick question. If the last Ativan that I took was yesterday around 1 in the afternoon, would't it be out of my system by now?  Why do I have anxiety if I'm taking the Clonazapam? Does it target different Gaba receptors or something?
No the ativan isnt out of your system yet it is slowly decreasing thats why you are having breakthrough anxiety..The klonopin has to reach steady state to work to its full potential it does not work like ativan its slow acting and stays in your body longer the ativan works instantly thats why you are feeling this way TRUST ME stick with it its only anxiety your feeling nothing else...i was the exact same way my first few days i would take my firs dose then 3 or 4 hours later i would feel like i had to take another...its not that the klonopin is not working its just the ativan is slowly decreasing and the klonopin take alittle longer to reach steady state and as i said before you are left vulnerable for a few days till the klonopin works to its full potential and trust me when it does you will be so happy you stuck it out...when ever i would feel anxious after i would take my first dose and i was counting the hours till i could take my second dose i would keep myself busy thinking about it makes it worse....
wtg mary for getting off of it , hang in there ryan is a great guy and gina they can help you get through this. gina just went through it and knows what your feeling and ryan well hes 25 years old and knows more than most drs and so sweet and kind to come on here everyday and help us out, he was great with me . you can do it take it day by day or hour to hour like i did when i was so anxiety i could not stand myself. but the klonopin helped me out so much and got me back to myself. with your dr and ryan i would take it like it should be took dont skip a dose, and try to take at same time every day so it gets a steady state. good luck i know you can do it and am pulling for you . yes you are going to have more anxiety while changing over but hang in ther its worth it . Barbara
I am going to chronicle my journey, hoping that it will help others. First of all, I want to thank Ryan; I don't know what I would do if I didn't find him and this group and that goes for Gina and Barbara too with their words of encouragement. Today is Day 1. The morning was bad with anxiety. Besides the ever-droning anxiety, I got more intense anxiety. I felt it diminish a little bit around noon, maybe a little of the Klonopin was working. I felt better from 1 to 3 o'clock. I have made it until 3:00 PM and have taken my .25 at 3:00.  What makes my anxiety break through is that the kind of anxiety I have is health anxiety. I'll get an ache or pain and it is so intensified and then I begin to think it's something I should see a doctor about, and then I start obsessing. Some of my issues are bonified. I have some bulging discs in my neck and a degenerative disc in my lumbar.  I was working out, running and lifting weights, doing really well...and then I got a pain in my back in May which turned out to be an old stress fracture in my T6 vertebrae.  I've just been a train wreck since then.  I go to physical therapy, but I can't get back into exercise. I'm scared and I know I need to exercise, but right now, I think I should concentrate on just getting off this Ativan poison, stabilize myself on the Klonipin (klonopin), and then start tapering off of it down the road, and then worry about exercise. People just don't understand this disease. It's so hidden and when you talk about it, they just don't get it.  I have had anxiety for over 20 years, all related to supposed health issues - lump in throat, shortness of breath.  I have been off all summer and this doesn't help much because I have all this unstructured time in which my mind is not occupied.  Then, my father who is 89 is dieing of esophageal cancer. So, as I write this, I hope it tells you a little bit about my plight.  The Ativan was given to me 2 years ago, not by the regular doctor, but someone who filled in for him.  Then last summer, my regular doctor didn't like that I was on Ativan and said  I needed to see a psychitrist. I could write a thesis about all the drugs he tried and didn't work.  I knew something was wrong with the Ativan because I felt like I was taking it to control the anxiety brought on by the Ativan wearing off. I felt like I was feeding a hungry beast.  I'll keep you posted on how the night goes. I am hoping the window between the Ativan and Klonopin won't be too many days because I tried to control how much I was taking. Please keep me in your thoughts.

Ryan, Since I did ok last night on .25, should I do .50 or .25 tonight?  Will the .50 help me to be more stable after I wake up? Thanks, Mary
I thought klonopin was fast acting like ativan within 30 minutes but not as fast as xanax is that correct??
wmac
Ryan, the shortness of breath only lasted until a little after dinner last night, thank God!  That's what got me on Ativan 2 years ago!!!  Then I felt like I could go out, so I went to Marshalls and then went and had a milkshake.  I read your post about the night dosage and decided to go with the .50.  I slept all night and didn't wake up at all until 7:00.  On the Ativan I was waking up a nervous wreck. I felt like my nerves had some sort of bad sort current; now I understand the expressions nervous wreck or nervous breakdown. I was cold, jittery, just a mess until the Ativan, laying in bed all covered up trying to comfort myself. But this morning wasn't that bad. I didn't feel that way. I took my 7 AM .25 and felt I could go shopping and have lunch. I got a little drowsy around 11:00. I'm glad I got out and walked around. It kept my mind occupied. It's sort of strange. I'll get these thoughts of worry, panic, but they don't seem to kick into a higher gear and take off as bad.

Here is another strange thing. I was getting such spasms all over my back. My hypothesis is that is was the Ativan wearing off. And I felt, especially at night, that I could never get comfortable and just sit down and relax. I was so geared up, I would just try and go for a walk, didn't help because I had to come home and face things again. I was always adjusting my body. I was always uncomfortable. Did I just build up a tolerance?

It's 3:00 and I just took my .25 afternoon dosage. I have slight palpitations and I'm a little jittery, but I think I'll be ok. I wasn't saying that yesterday. I am guardedily optimistic that I am going to make it with your support and everyone that's writtento me. I hope my chronicle helps others.

I an supposed to see the psychiatrist on Tuesday. I'm half tempted to just call him and tell him how I'm doing and have him call in a script.  Is the generic better than the brand name?  Do you think I should go see him?

Ryan,, I know I am not out of the woods yet. Do or anyone else know of any good cognitive strategies to help?I know one that I try to say to myself is that we all have thoughts that pass incessantly through our minds, it's what we give significance to that causes the panic, and as you told me last night about the deep breathing, easier said than done. Do GABA levels return to normal after people taper and finish tapering?  Thanks again for everything. I'll keep everyone posted.
It's Day 3 Ieveryone and 'm better. I'm scared to say it that I may jinx myself, but I just have to keep saying it,"I'm better!, I'm better! And I'm going to get better.  I noticed that I feel really good after dinner.Ryan klonopin can't trigger mania, can it? Or am I just feeling better and my anxiety is trying to make the worst of it for me.  But Ryan, I did something stupid last night. I was feeling good, last night, even happy,and didn't feel sleepy at 11:00, so I stayed up and makde some hot cocoa and then I thought that I only need .25 going to bed and this morning was more anxiety-ridden compared to Thursday morning. I learned my lesson!!!. Big mikstake!!  I woke up from a great sleep, heart beating in my chest, but not as bad as when I used to wake up when before on the Ativlan. And I thought how the hell and I going to get through the teeth cleaning today. I know the Klonopin is helping because I wasn't a full blown mess obsessing with anxiety about it all week.

I know Klonipin (klonopin) is keeping the anxiety and things that go through my mind that used to trigger it and set it off because I forgot to mention that I had my 6 month dental cleaning today and usually, I'd be a wreck about it, ruminating, filled with anxiety, and it seems the Klonopin kept the dread from taking off. I went. Dental anxiety is a whole other story I'll share when I'm more stable. But I went, the dental hygenist said things looked good, the dentist said things looked good, and the Klonopin is helping me to not start the "What if..."  Why is it so hard for us type to accept what the reputable doctor tell us? I think it's giving my brain the ability to not go there.

I even pushed myself to go out when I got back with my husband.  He offered to take me to buy a Homedics Infrared Back Massager for those damn spasms that come and go.

Ryan, I even feel less depressed. Do you have any knowledge of how that can occur? And why are mornings the hardest? I am definitely taking the .50 tonight that you recommended.

Ryan, when do people start moving from 3 time a day doing to 2 time a day, just wonering. Thank you again. I'll keep you all posted tomorrow.
Gina, I just posted Day 3. I'm doing better. Thank you for helping me. Mary
Ryan,
I took .50 last night and the anxiety was diminshed this morning. I took my  .25 this morning. I can now feel it kicking in abut 1 1/2 hours later, but I am really wiped out this morning, sleepy. I want to go back to bed, but I don't want to. When I was on the Ativan and I would overdo the dosage  a little too much in the morning and fall back asleep, I woke up with anxiety again. Should I reduce my morning dose a little bit? Thanks Mary
Well, it's 10:30. I only dozed for a half hour and got up and took a shower and low and behold, I started to get break through anxiety. Is this still normal in my adjustment period? Also, my husband said I was dozing with my mouth open,snoring a little, can this cause shortness of breath? I'm going out to return those Massagers, they're too heavy for one person to hold and they're percussion massagers and aren't really gentle like a human hand- for all of you who thought about buying one. Going in the car helps me.
I got over the break through anxiety, but it hsn't been a good day. Muscle spasms in my back, mostlly in the thoracic area. They travel, sometimes on the right side, sometimes on the left. I have resisted taking anything but rubbing on some Arnica cream and I just came back from buying some Hylands Homeopathic Mag Phos (Magnesia Phosphorica). You put 4 under your tongue. I'm ready to take a tiny bit of Vicodin, 1/4 of a tablet, but I don't thing it's a good idea. Need your advice. It hasn't been easy today. What's with all this muscle aching in my back? Mary
Didn't take any Vicodin. I'm hanging in there. I'll take anothe hot shower instead and I've got 2 hours to go until 10:00 dosage. My husband rubs Arnica cream on my back when I get a pain. He says, "Now where?"
I was so active until this summer. I noticed needing more in February. I used to take .25 of Ativan when I was driving home from school some days and even be able to run 2 miles and lift weights. Then I started needing more this summer and I know, like Ryan said, I was only taking it to feed the withdrawal symptoms. I guess I should be grateful I've only got the muscle aches in my back.  take all sorts of vitamins, don't eat red meat, don't drink soda, and only eat nonprocessed foods. I am going to see the psychiatrist and internist on Tuesday.
Sunday, August 5, Day 5. Mornings sure are rough. I tried not to let the muscle aches get to me, but at dinner I just broke down. I took a half of Flexril and there better. I am not planning on making a habit out of this. I just couldn't stand it. I am beginning to notice weird evening edginess and energy.  My psychiatrist I thinks thinks I have bipolar tendencies in me. I just think I'm a bag of nerves. Would the Klonopin trigger anything? I don't even want to go there with him, he'll send me home with more psychotic drugs like the ones he already told me to try and I didn't like Seroquel and Resperidol (risperidone) and Lamictal and then there's the time he tried Lyrica. When I tried the Lyrica, he had me do 50 mgs. for the first 3 nights at bed, 100 mgs, the next three nights, and finally 150 mgs. thereafter and try and not do any Ativan. I had muscle aches in my back too, come to think of it. By the way, I see the internist after him on Tuesday and then I see a Rheumatologist on the 9th. I have fresh MRI's lumbar, thoracic, and cervical, nothing significant. I would think that since Klonopi is a beno, like you said, it's not the Klonopin, but Ativlan withdrawal???  I'm worried he'll suggest Remeron. He tried Remeron 30 mgs. in March, talk about being flattened by a freight train. Last time he wrote me a script for Remeron and told me to try 7.5 mgs., I never filled it. I just want to achieve a steady state of no anxiety and then go from there. Thank goodness he had given me the Klonopin to try in February becaue I'm this much ahead of the game. The mind is not your friend in times like this. It wants to fight you from telling yourself you are getting better, that's why every time you tell me I'll reach a steady state, it keeps me hopeful. Thanks I'll keep you posted tomorrow.
Bad morning. It's 11:00. I feel like I'm inwardly shaking and jittery. I am so worked up. I'll take .50 tomorrow morning. It's too late now. I just feel dreadful. I am getting tired of fighting this. Mary
Ryan, It's7:00 PM  hyper time!!!  Does Klonopin hit other neurotransmitters besides GABA?I it's sort of like a Wellbutrin - Everyready bunny feeling. I wish I could just sit down and relax. I'm scared if I tell the psychiatrist this tomorow, he'll start on his bipolar bandwagon. See how I worry about everything?

Had a stupid panic attack about something stupid around 2 PM. Thank goodness it was close time to my .25. I MADE myself go work out around 4:00.  This IS HARD!!!  It had gotten so bad that I was even scared to go work out because I'd do something to my body and that would set off obsessing about what is wrong with me now!!!  

Ryan, the back aches or spasms that come and go that I've been dealing with are much diminished today. I pray, I mean pray that they will continue to fade. I think it was the Ativan withdrawal. I read somewhere they can last for up to a week. I had a long talk with my neighbor down street who happens to be a psychologist, very intelligent- into holisitc, integrative approaches as well. She said the same thing you've been repeating for me to get it in my mental tape recorder - that there's an adjustment window, and that the receptors from the Ativan are saying,"Heck, you've been doing all the work for me!" and that the back, neck pains are where a lot of the switch. She could not believe that the psychiatrist told me that I could not get addicted on the amount I was taking.

I read one of your old posts about driving -  Before summer, you should have seen me driving toschool. I don't know what it is about the fastness. You have been great. Thank you agian. Mary

I think you meant "antagonize above?  not agonize .  Sorry you missed your regular dose of Klonopin, but don't worry, you have good steady state and the half life is long, and after all, it is not habit forming.  Try taking your usual dose at bedtime tonight and I think you will be fine.   Whatever you do, don't double up.
got it.
Day 7
Ryan,
I saw my psychiarist today. He was very glad that I switched to the Klonopin he had given me in Feb. Just like you said, he said stay with .25 morning  AM, .25 afternoon, and try and not do night dosing if I feel I can handle it. He said don't worry if I need it at night. He was very glad I did what I did. I don't know about that idea of skipping night yet.  It's a little early. I'm still vulnerable.

Plus, today, I'm off schedule with going down to the univeristy/hospital and all that. I took .50 this morning and really didn't notice much of a difference from .25. And I didn't get to my .25 dosing  until I realizied it was 3:30 while driving home. I'm going to take .25 tonight and see how I do.

I think I'll need it because (I forgot to tell you but back in June I pulled a hamstring). When I went back to exercise yesterday, I walked (warm up) on the threadmill and thought I'd give it a five minute run. Running was such a good stress reliever for me.  Well, my hammie is bothering me.

When I say my interist today, he said I still sounded like a hamstring strain strain, like the sports med. doc. said. I told him about all my back spasms and told my psychiatrist. They are better. My internist ran all sorts of blood work - plus the same stuff that the rheumatologist would have run and said, "Don't you think I would send you to someone if I thought you needed it?" I do trust him as I have been going to him for over twenty years. Plus, he would't have send me to the one I was going to see anyway.

I'm anxious about the hamstring situation. Here I thought I was on the road back both mentally as well as physically. He gave me the name of another sports ortho HE likes that really spends time with you, so I'll call him tomorrow. Part of my anxiety is that I seek reassurance about things that go wrong with me. If I could come up with some good Cognitive Sayings, I know it would help.

I'm just glad I now have enough Klonopin, actually, I have the generic, which I had all along, and things will get better. Don't you think that the fact that it was 3:30 and I hadn't taken my afternoon dose and hadn't had my dose since 7:00 shows I'm getting better? I don't think that would have happened with the Lorzepam. I'll report it tomorrow, Ryan.

Take Care and Good Night,

Mary
It's morning. I'm so jagged. I can't get soothed, or calm at all.I can't stand it. . I can't decscribe it. It's awful. I can't just sit and watch tv. I took my .25 at 6:00 when I woke up. Maybe if I go soak in a hot tub. I pray that I get better as the day goes on. Mary
It's 12:00. I am counting the next two hours. I'm so anxious, restless, panicky. Ryan, what do you mean by taking .50 in the morning will reach a steady state plasma level level to the optimal 15ngML? I probably should have taken .50 this morning. I am almost tempted to take a quarter right now, but I will hang in there. I thought I'd be better by now. Going to the er, they would just drug me up. Mary
I had to take my .25 dose early, 12:30. I couldn't stand the inward dread, inward nervousness, don't feel like focusing on anything, wishing I could crawl into a cocoon, feeling of being cold, (Heck,it's 90 degreesout) shakiness (I don't look shaky, it's all inside feeling, worry, anxiety, letting my mind panic over health stuff. I feel bad I couldn't make it. Mary
hang in there mary your doing good its a long haul but its worth it .what day is this for you? and were you coming off another drug while going on this one? sorry i cant remember. but hang in there it does get better. try and get your mind on something elsa i know easy said right but walk outside pick weeds out garden anything call a friend. just try and do something . close eyes go to a happy place , think of a good time . beach .kids anything and really think about that time, your school days old boy friend lol anything just get your mind off of it . pray i would pray a lot that helped me get through it . your getting there keep going.
I am so sorry you are going through this.  Sorry I cannot provide helpful advice as I have never gone through this.  You will be okay.  I'm sorry that Ryan hasn't responded to you.  I think if it weren't for the drama in the other thread, he would have OR maybe he's just busy.  In any event, I hope you feel better.  
Update...
Called the doc around 4:30, he called me back in less than a minute. I told him what was going on, "He said I thought you better. I tried to be positive and stiff-upper-lipish yesterday. He said, "You're in Ativan withdrawal. He said to take .50 right now and and other .50 going to bed and do that tomorrow and then on the third day take .50 and see if I can taper. He said he'll get me "out of the woods and that I'll be ok." I feel calmer. New withdrawal symptom for all you reading out there, stomach pains. Ugh! I was hoping not to get that one. I just keep repeating to myself what he said to me, "We'll get you out of the woods and you'll be allright." This has been the worst day yet, BUT I called him and I'll get out of the woods. Mary
I took .50 this morning and it's now 4:00 and I'm still pretty good. Ryan, I definitely need .50 in the morning. It makes all the difference. There is no way I will ever take an Ativan. I am just trying to figure out what to do next for the rest of the afternoon and night. I know I have to take my dose of Klonopin and I don't want to wait too long and I don't want to have another day like last night. After I took the .50 after 4:30 I was fine and I didn't take anything going to bed. Morning was unstable, tried to go with just .25 at 7 AM, no relief, so I took another .25 and was stable by 11:00.
My doc gets it now. It's my fault, I went to see him and was so positive about how the Klonopin was a prayer from heaven, he thought I was better; he gets it now. What is your suggestion for the rest of today? I don't want to take too much and I don't want to suffer like that yesterday. It was terrible.
Mary
Clarification,
I have his permission. .50 2 o 3 times: morning, noon, bed. But I don't want to overdo it and end up like I was on the Ativan.
I'm a 32 year old mother of 4 and new to this forum and I've suffered anxiety/panic/hypochandriasis for as long as I can remember.
I see that everybody loves you!! lol Are a doctor or just a fellow sufferer?  I've only tried zoloft for a few months a few years ago but it didnt do much for me.  I've never taken anything else.  Too scared to.  But it seems that this Klonopin is the new craze.  What's so great about it.  Mr. Ryan oh ye god to anxiety sufferers, lol. :)  
Day 10 Wanted to let you know how I am doing. I slept all night and took my .50 dose when I got up a 8:00, the morning was jittery and jagged and I got sleepy and had to "cocoon" myself for about an hour from 9-10, but I made myself get up and do something.  I started feeling better around noon. It's about 4:30 and other than a little muscle ache in my lat, I'm doing ok. I did some stretching for lat muscles; I think it's helping. The stomach cramps are gone.

It seems engaging the mind helps, but the Catch 22 is getting out of the "anxiety focus" mind channel. By the way Ryan, my doc said no more Flexeril either. I forget to mention that.  

Ryan, does the Klonopin help dissipate worrying and obsessing? I know the front line drugs for obsessing are the SSRI's but I could write a book about them. For some people, their effficacy can't be denied, but for me, I couldn't take them.  Mary
Ryan,
Bad day so far. I can't figure out why I can't get better control of the mornings. Took my .50 at 6:00 AM, and it's almost one and I haven't felt any relief. I am just trying to push myself to function. I walked the do at 7:00 and went to work out around 10:00, thinking that would calm me down. But now I even get panic about working out. A panic attack on an elliptical is no fun. Ryan, I am trying so hard, so hard, so hard. I work out at a health club affiliated with their a cardiac rehab center, because it's close to home an cheaper than a health club. My pulse was 97. By the way, the doc said no Propranalol either. I hate this feeling of inward restlessness, jitteryness, wishing someone could rock you, or you could crawl in a warm slightly tight cocoon. I have a Klonopin sitting on the kitchen counter with my trusty pill splitter. I'm trying not to take one this early. But when your are jumping inside. This hot weather doesn't help either, cabin fever, it's like "meta-anxiety."

What do I obsess about? My health. I'll get a pain that I can't explain away and it'll just take off in my mind, the uncertainty. My first attack was over 20 years ago. I experienced shortess of breath in the '80; doc in the ER gave my Xanax. It had just come out I think. Thank goodness I never got on it.
I could go on an on about bodily sensations that have almost ruined me. Once there was the brain tumor, lump in throat, many times where I couldn't get control of the shortness of breath. People laugh.

I know you said two more days, two more days. Mary
I did the .50 this morning. How long should I hold out until I take the next .50 for the day? Isn't it every 12 hours; I'll read past posts to see if I can find the answer.  It's Sunday, Day 12. I went for a massage. Massage therapist said I'm a ball of tension and knots in neck, shoulders, and back. No wonder, what I have been through... I am going to go for a massage every week.
Bad bad day.  Bad, bad anxiety.  I had to take .25 Klonopin at lunch and then I fell asleep. I'm ust not good. Called the doc. Haven't heard from him yet. Mary
Doc called me back yesterday, told him symptoms hadn't subsided,muscle aches in back, don't want to eat, inability to feel comfortablel, make my self comforted in any fasion, lack focus and concentration, people say stuff to me and I don't know what they just said, want to crawl into a warm cocoon but that probably wouldn't help eithr, sometimes feel chilled, nervousness, hard to find somhow to just relax, just can't to anything productive. I asked him if I was sill in withdrawal and he said absolutely. He told me to take .50 3 times a day until I stabalize more.

Then today I had to take my 85 year old mother to the ER, and I don't know if I mentined, but my dad has esophageal cancer. Usually, when they get sick I am in worse shape, maybe the Klonopin is helping?

I do feel a little better today considering I made it in one piece. As I take the dosage, I'm not gettting wiped out, sleepy like I used to. Is my body adjusting? Maybe it's just going to take me longer. I have to have faith, faith, tht I will see my way out of the woods, but that creeping anxiety is making me think that these syptoms (symptoms) are the Klonopin and not withdrawal and maybe Ativan was the drug that matched me, but I am not going to give up yet. I have to go and try and get myself in a state of relaxation.  I didn't want you to think I fell off the face of the earth. This is a tough road thrugh the woods.  Mary
I' noticing a pattern, about 4 hours after my morning dosage,I get inne shakines, is this something to be conerned about or more withdawal? Mary
It's 1:20, kept myself busy all moring. I'm counting down the minutes until 2:00 until the next dosage. I'm getting inwardly nervous.  I'll see if I get jittery with this dosage.
Took the .50 dosage. It's 4.30 and I've got that inner jitteriness. This is scaring me. I thought I thought this would stop after I took the dosage.  I'm so scared. Please help. Mary
Could it be break through anxiety? Even after taking the dosage 2 hours later?
Another day... morning inner shakiness and cold. Called doc because I have a lot going on with parents. He said feel free to increase to .75, maybe I don't have enough in my system.Ryan, I took .25 this afternoon dose and I'm doing find so far. I don't want to go up too much. Mary
Hi, I'm new to the board here.  I have been on .5 mg of Ativan every night for the last nine months due to anxiety/insomnia/health worries/etc. since I had a hysterectomy go wrong this april 08.  I came off Ativan once for two weeks (I tappered slowly over 3 weeks) and was great...kind of like the old me again.  But then my anxiety came back and I couldn't handle it and I started taking Ativan again to get calmed down enough to sleep, etc.  I am now trying to tapper again and I am taking .25 mg (not really enough) at night only.  Most of the day I am jittery and anxious and extremely frustrated and depressed.  I am the mother of 3 children and work 2 days a week right now.  I am functioning...but just barely!  I want to come down off all meds but don't know if I can do it.  What is all this talk about Klonopin and could it help me.  I don't really want another drug, but coming down off Ativan this time is really, really hard and I don't know what to do???  HELP!
try lamotrigine 100 mg morn 100 mg night for anxiety...is work for me.  soming new for a change.  that is worked.  paxil was make ing me crazy.
My doctor has switched me from Ativan to Klonopin.  I took 1 mg Ativan for many years then was increased to 3 mg; 2 at night and two 1/2 mg. in the day.  He started me on Klonopin 1 mg at night and two 1/2 mg in the day at first two days; didn't sleep; lots of anxiety.  So he switched me to 2 mg. Klonopin at night and one mg. in the morning and one in the afternoon.
Sleep at night is good.  Morning and afternoon is still anxious and drowsy.
This is only the 3rd day; says he will decrease it later.    Is this because I need more Klonopin to reach a steady state and handle the anxiety?  I know Klonopin has a longer life and takes longer to get to the blood steam.
Just seems to me the daytime dosage is too high, but I suppose he is trying to keep down the anxiety until I reach the steady state.  Could this be the reason for such a high daytime dosage?  Donna
TinaR10 commented on KeeLolo's status
1 hr ago
CRSeaside commented on photo
IndigoIris commented on Tramadol & Ultram...