Aa
A
A
Close
409410 tn?1251076312
Tremors with norepinephrine medications
I have been taking medications for anxiety.  I am on Lexapro 20mgs and was just recently put on
Pamelor_(Nortriptyline).  I have been having tremors when I wake up in the morning, but never really any other time of the day.  I didn't have Tremors when I was just on the Lexapro (it works on serotonin).  Started having them taking the Pamelor.   I also noticed having them when Docs tried giving me Cymbalta and Effexor, which work on both.  Can Tremors be a common side effect of psychotropic drugs.  It's very annoying and worrying sense most of the shakes occur in my torso region in the middle of my chest.  (By the way I've had many tests and there is nothing wrong with  my heart.)
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
370181 tn?1428180348
Those could very likely be side effects of your new meds, but to get the answer you are searching for can only be found at your doctors. Call and tell them what is going on with you. You may just have to wait these annoying tremors out until the meds reach their therapeutic levels, or the may not be the right meds for you. Again, only your doc can make that call. Tremors are such a common side effect of these types of meds, I would tell you not to worry, but I think you need to be SAFE AND WORRY FREE!
Call, OK? And then let us know how it turned out!
Peace
Greenlydia
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Hi.  I have hand tremors too.  I don't remember when they started, but I think they got worse with paxil.  I'm off the paxil now and coming off trazadone and still have the tremors.  I really think they are related to meds, and I'm not sure if it will even go away when I'm off of all meds (IF I can ever be off of all meds).  Good luck.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
189897 tn?1441130118
Blank
Sandman2 commented on Anxiety disorder - am...
1 hr ago
19264658 tn?1474865461
Blank
Lonelygirl28 uploaded a new photo
14 hrs ago
Blank
Blank
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms
Start Tracking Now
Top Anxiety Answerers
Blank