Anxiety Community
Trying to Sleep

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Trying to Sleep

I cannot fall asleep  right now. I'm pretty sure it is the anxiety kicking in. I want to go to bed so badly, but when I get all cozy my heart starts beating faster. Plus I was getting cold chills. And then my mind will not go off of it. Does this happen to anyone else. Because it usually happens at night. Any suggestions on how to get some shut eye??
Try something that will keep your mind on whatever causes you to get anxiety.  Try white nose which would be something like a fan.  Or meditation music.  You need to keep yourself in a "higher" place than what your anxiety takes you.
Unfortunately when we lay down at night, we tend to think too much and this is where the problems come in.  Try to make sure you are really tired before going to bed so that you may fall asleep quickly.  Maybe read a book, even if it menas falling asleep while reading it.  For me it's TV, I know they say this isn't good, but it works for me. A therapist once told me to imagine a place where I'd be happy, and relaxed which is the ocean beach.  Try doing this, close your eyes and imagine all that you are doing and actually feel it, keep moving thru it, while doing this you will fall asleep.
Try to make the (  baby position ) is a yoga position, be like that for five minutes, then put you back on the the matress, and then go back again, and your breath soft, this help me to sleep and also for my leg weakness.
Hope you understand the position if you did not, i will try to find the name of this position.
Hope you understand my english, is my second language.
Good luck
thanks guys.
Do you think sleeping medicine would be a good idea?
That's a personal choice, but if the lack of sleep is really bad, I would not hesitate for a second to take something.  Many people do, myself included and have had no issues or side effects, just a good nights sleep!
Thanks for the feedback. I just took some Tylenol PM. I hope it helps. I'm nervous to see if I'll be able to sleep tonight. The heavy heart beat is starting up, I guess because I am nervous. I just hope I don't have chills or get really hot and have to stay up all night deep breathing. I going to watch some TV before and hopefully drift asleep. If that doesn't help I'll try using different sleep positions. I just need to stay calm, and keep my mind off of it. Which is hard to do.
0321cja commented on Long standing dry mou...
1 hr ago
joihn joined this community
Welcome them!
TinaR10 commented on Moma_Cher's status