Anxiety Community
Uncommon anxiety symptoms

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Uncommon anxiety symptoms

Where to actually start with this.

I'm a 19 year old male and for the past three months I've developed an anxiety disorder and panic disorder. I used to use marijuana occasionally but had a bad episode due to acute toxicity. I got extremely confused all of a sudden, my eyes seemed to twitch and I got a really wierd head rush. Anyways, I was in a constant state of panic for the rest of the evening.

Everything seemed fine until the Monday after. I got a really dellusional thought about what could've been happening, then I randomly went dizzy and felt pressure and tingling behind my eyes. Since then, the symptoms got worse and the panic soon developed to the point I couldn't carry on with day to day life.

About a month ago I got depression. I had a friend who suffered the same thing with anxiety and depression causing things to seem surreal and where everything feels like a dream along with a lack of clear thought and trouble remembering things or finding certain words.

About three days ago, and this is the main problem now, I was waiting for a train and literally got the thought in my head that nothng is real. Since then I've had problems comprehending reality (due to the depression making everything seem surreal, and there have been times where I've not even been able to comprehend actually existing), I'm havng harder problems thinking straight (I'll literally switch off mid-sentence when I'd planned what I was going to say beforehand) and I've been hallucinating that things are pulsating, or with clear electric-like lines, both of which last a few seconds. I'm also feeling dizzy all the time and quite often, when I wake up, I physically feel like I just can't live, although not in a depressive sense. As well as that my right eye's been acting up, going blurry for a while or blurring in and out of focus repeatedly.

I have spent alot of time on my own but it's literally got worse over the last couple of days. I'm starting to worried there could be something wrong with my brain.

Has anybody had anything like this happen to then, or can anybody advise me on what's happening. It's to the point where I seriously can't function and my GP won't take any notice of me.  I've got no idea what the hell's actually happening.
anxiety can cause many weird symtoms (symptoms). feelings of unreality, like your not real, dizzyness, not being able to think straight and i could go on and on. if your dr. is'nt listening to you then you need to find a different one. it does sound like anxiety but the best thing to do is rule everything else out. if it's not something physical, then you need to see a psyciatrist. anxiety and depression do cause physical problems. your m.d. might not know how to handle this. a psyciatrist can give you therapy and medication if you need it. i hope this helps some. take care. remar
It's helped significantly. I've went through a severe state of anxiety for the last couple of months with a wealth of symptoms and no treatment. The triage in ER said both anxiety and depression are often caused or intensified by a chemical imbalance in the brain.

I thought my GP was pretty compitent up until things got miles worse. I informed him I knew it would develop to the stage it would get to and all he did was recommend infrequent CBT sessions.

Essentially it's a real relief to know someone actually understands what's happening. I've been petrified it'd develop into psychosis or something a little harder to deal with. I've always been slightly dellusional regarding some beliefs but it's always been under control and it's been nothing serious. Essentially, the panic's blowing everything out of proportion.

The fact that some of these symptoms coincide with my beliefs have kind of made everything go a little off the rails.

The fun thing is alot of the symptoms of anxiety have gone because I've been too busy dealing with this latest episode.

Has anybody else been through anything similar with the unreality? And if so, how hard was it to get through and how did you do it?

I have been drinking excessive amounts of alcohol in recent weeks by the way as a short term relief from anxiety. Just adding that in because it might bear some relevence as to how the symptoms have intensified.
Dope (really EXOTIC dope)....Booze....Anxiety....Panic.

Connect the dots.

Are you just curious about others who have what you have? Or do want to actually put a stop to the problems?

If the latter, lose the GP and get to a shrink, and consider what it might be like to let your brain function without the STP you've been putting in the tank. And, yes, it will take time to unscramble THESE eggs.

Good luck.
Anxiety can produce unusual symptoms, so can other health problems like hypoglycemia and diabetes, which made me think of that when you said your eye was blurry, but also can be caused from other psychological issues, if I were you I would go to your doctor explain this get a work up done, like some blood work and ask to be referred to a psychiatrist and then go from there.  All of your symptoms could be related to anxiety or you could have a few things going on here its hard to say right now.  But either way you need to get it worked on cause its hard to live like that. :D  Goodluck
Drinking will make you feel worse but sometimes that is what happens it momentarily makes you feel better but in fact is making it worse, I think you now have to seek help and go online for people in you area that have Battled some thing similar, sometimes you just cant go it alone.As you said that the funny thing was you have been busy thinking of something else and felt better in one area Tells you keeping your little Brain cells busy ,helps, try not to obsess about minor details, when you find yourself going there ,tell yourself "Stop" and give yourself some positive self talk.Accept you feel like that today but that it will pass and go along with it.
If you are on any Meds or any herbal supplement they can also have side effects ,if you are check it out or get them changed.
Are you on any medications for anxiety?  Like paxil, zoloft ect?
Absolutely nothing.

I'm arranging an appointment with the doctor today for some therapy and meds though.
melimeli commented on Who am I?
3 mins ago
nursegirl6572 commented on Embarrassing, but i n...
16 mins ago
brice1967 commented on Embarrassing, but i n...
32 mins ago