Anxiety Community
Unexplained weightloss!

A community of people with Anxiety offering support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Unexplained weightloss!

I've had anxiety on and off for about 7 months. I've lost 40lbs also in 7 months. I still eat the same I don't work out. Could this be from anxiety? I'm freaking out :(. My mind went from anxiety stuff about everyday life now I worry about health. It's like I never ending cycle. Along with weightloss I have a head ache a lot, I'm all of a sudden tired all the time when used to I could never sleep, I feel dizzy when I get anxious, and nauseated a lot. Anyone have this? Should I be worried more?
I have all the same symptoms except I've gained weight. I still eat the same if not less but I guess the only thing that has changed is that I don't have the energy to work out.
I wish I could gain weight :/ I am starting to look sick and people are always telling me I need to gain but I really can't
I would recommend seeing your Dr for some testing. Ask for a thyroid test. If it's not functioning properly it can cause you to lose weight. Keep a journal of what you're eating. I know with us anxiety sufferers we may think we're eating enough but we're really not.
Ive had the thyroid test everything was fine :/
ve actually posted in here and found out that everything I was feeling was GAD (generalized anxiety disorder). Along with the number of symptoms I was feeling, I lost twelve pounds in just about a month. I was freaked out because I'm now flirting with the low 100's and I actually was afraid of wasting away to nothing. With anxiety, your appetite may change without you even noticing. I would still see a docotor for further testing though. Good luck!!
Did you see an Endo Dr for the testing? Many family Drs will only check TSH and that does not tell the whole story. Ask your Dr if they checked not only TSH but also FT3, FT4 and antibodies. Do you remember what your TSH number was?
It may not be that at all. I remember in my early 20's dropping weight like crazy because of anxiety. It's really not that uncommon. Keep that journal of what you're eating and take it to your Dr. If they feel that you're getting enough calories then you need more testing.
melimeli commented on renae176's status
47 mins ago
melimeli commented on renae176's status
47 mins ago
RubyWitch Life is short......ride you... Comment
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms