Anxiety Community
Upper leg pain

A community of people with Anxiety offering support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Upper leg pain

Hello Everybody,

I am 33 years old and have been going through a tough time in my life due to anxiety.  (For the most part I had it undercontrol but had a bad experience a couple of years ago that refreshed my fears)

I've always had strange symptoms.  For the most part, have always blamed stress.

As of late, my upper legs have ached.  It started with both legs, and now it's just my right leg.  It's from the front part of the leg, the knee too the hip.  I feel it ache, it's mild, but it aches.  I am overweight and noticed my legs will ache much more if I don't sleep well, which is frequent.  I guess I don't mind the aches, I'm just a little worried if it's heart related.  My blood pressure is alright.  Some days it might be higher than I want it, but for the most part, bp is satisfactory.
Can it just be because of my weight, poor posture, being flat footed and stress?  Sometimes If I just put Bengay, minimizes the mild aches.  

Thanks for responses.

bearmartin

.
"Can it just be because of my weight, poor posture, being flat footed and stress?"

Absolutely!  Heart problems do not cause aches in the legs but the things you listed above do.  Do you have special shoes, or shoe inlays, for your feet?  This might help.

Also, poor posture can cause leg aches - do you have any back or neck pain too?  Poor posture suggests to me you may lack some self confidence and I presume being overweight may be contributing to the problem.  If this is the case, there are certain things that can help you but I wont suggest them unless I know I am not being presumptious here.
Avatar n tn
I am also suffering from leg pain, I dont know its like the bones ache and it is very constant, I also feel them weak but mostly my right leg, I have been very anxious. My doc. says its very normal..... But what is normal to live with a differnt pain every time and to live afraid of having a terrible disease like MS??'}Help
Avatar n tn
It does make sense.  For the last two nights, I have gone to bed much earlier, 10:30ish when compared to past midnight.  I have to say that although the aches may still be present, somehow my legs just overal feel "better".

I've always had a posture problem.  Let me see if this makes sense...

I've always had a fatty chest, or male breasts if you want to call them.  Because of that, I guess I have always hunched my back.  It's also genetic because I've seen other family members do the same.  (One of them being female.)  Although self-confidence may be an issuethat attirbutes to my wieght, I must add that in the lockeroom, I absolutely have no problem with being too modest.  Maybe because that's strictly an all male area.  So I have to say yes and no, or maybe a problem that USED to exist.  

I was more concerned if it was a red flag for my heart.  I think I'm alright for now.  Thanks for the comment!

bear    
Jade59 commented on stilltrying1965's status
1 hr ago
mishymoshymarcy I AM HEALTHY. I AM HAPPY. I... Comment
CN Tower Flashback
May 29 by Sheri1969
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms