Anxiety Community
Valerian Root

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Valerian Root

I am searching for help with herbal supplements.  I am wanting to try valerian root to ease my stress/anxiety.  Anyone know if it is safe to take with Paxil?
Hello there,

I'm not a doctor but it is safe to take it with Paxil. Here are some other sugestions for you.

Along with physical activity and healthy diet you can try the herb passionflower (Passiflora incarnata) is have shown possitive result.

Valerian extract is one herb shown to relieve anxiety in numerous scientific studies. When taken in doses of 50-500 mg, Valerian extract can help you feel more relaxed and less worried. It usually works quickly after about 30 minutes, and unlike anti-anxiety drugs, Valerian is not addictive. High-quality natural anxiety medications contain Valerian extract that's standardized to contain at least 0.8% of valerenic acid, the active constituent.

L-theanine, an amino acid extracted from Green Tea, is a third natural anxiety medication with a pronounced anti-anxiety effect. In fact, many people report that L-theanine works as well as anti-anxiety drugs when taken in doses of 100-300mg. Some products marketed as "L-theanine" actually contain very little pure L-theanine, and thus aren't effective. For this reason, you should make sure to use a natural anxiety medication with SunTheanine®, a 99% pure form of L-theanine.

The best natural anxiety medications are those containing proven ingredients in the proper doses and potencies. For effective anxiety relief, i recommend Seredyn, a supplement that combines the proven doses of Valerian extract, Passion Flower extract, and SunTheanine.

Physical activity is also recommended since it will make your body produce a lot of hormones that will regulate you body and mind. Combine that with a healthy diet and i would not be surprised to see major improvement. Get a subsription to a gym and and try to follow a daily or at 3 times a week schedule. Combined with a healthy diet you will see more benefits. Physical activity and healthy diet is actually my number one advice.

You can also try luminotherapy. Luminotherapy means light therapy and usually involves half-hour sessions in front of a bright lamp (10 000 lux), specially adapted to treat seasonal depression. The principle is simple: light exposure slows down melatonin production, fighting sleepiness and depression. The light reaches the brain through the retina of the eye, as nerve impulses, to alter hormone levels, which in turn reset your body clock and boost your immune system. Some doctors and health farms offer luminotherapy as a treatment, but there are also special lamps on the market for home use.

Talk to your doctor if you have any concern about it and be sure to have no medical condition before engaging intense physical activity. Some tests might be needed to be sure you can engage intense cardiovascular activities.

Hope this will help you
Best regards,
M4
I've had good results with valerian and L-theanine. But I'd be careful when combining with prescription drugs. And always choose quality herbs. There is a difference between brands. Do your research.
thanks four help guys.....do you guys think that taking these herbs alone should be enough or should i take them with prescribed drugs....i dont like drugs especially there side effects....
sorry i am supposed to post it on another thread.....
mishymoshymarcy It feels good to care about... Comment
11 mins ago
gymdandee commented on How much arsenic is i...
13 mins ago
CRSeaside commented on breezytoo's status
21 mins ago