Anxiety Community
Valium, Klonopin and Plasma Donation

A community of people with Anxiety offering support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Valium, Klonopin and Plasma Donation

I am currently taking a low dosage of klonopin, about .5 mg per day.  However, if I lower the dose I feel numerous side effects such as anxiety and depersonalization.  I am used to these things and they are not so much a bother to me anymore.  However, I am currently unemployed due to my anxiety condition and in need of money.  My question is:

Can I donate plasma while taking a tranquilizer that requires a constant level in the plasma?  Or will a removal of 1/5 of 80% concentration still leave that 80% concentration of medication.  This is really important because I am thinking about donation but do not want to have a mental breakdown because of some drastic change in my medicine concentration.  I have looked for information about this and cannot find anything as of yet.

Please help, I really hope that these meds do not effect my chances of donation.

Thanks.
I have donated many times while on Klonopin and various antidepressants.  They will ask you what medications you are on and if there is anything that would affect you or the blood you're donating, they will not allow you to donate. Take care.
So are you saying that the donation had no effect on the Side Effects?  Plasma is safe while on klonopin?
I experienced no problems after donating.  If you are on a medication which would be impacted by you donating, they won't allow you to donate.  
musicfem joined this community
Welcome them!
Sep 28
mishymoshymarcy Who cares about what you sh... Comment
Sep 27
musicfem joined this community
Welcome them!
Sep 27
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms