Anxiety Community
Vertigo - Caused by Anxiety ?

A community of people with Anxiety offering support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Vertigo - Caused by Anxiety ?

I know I have Anxiety problems, and I have accepted it. Since I've realized that most of my symptoms are anxiety related, I actually have reduced anxiety since I know it's not some terminal illness !

However, recently I had two "spells", that certainly feel physical and not mental. These spells are different, because it happens out of the blue and in non-anxious situations.

Yesterday sitting at work, I had this very intense, sudden, onset of severe vertigo. The room started spinning dramatically. It lasted like 2 seconds, then was completely gone. I stood up, cause I was freaked, and still felt a bit dizzy (walking to one side) that lasted for another 45 seconds, then I was back to normal.

Has anyone had something like this that was caused by anxiety ? I've had the "swimmy" "lightheaded" "walking on a boat" feeling in the past, but this was drastically different, it was intense, physical, and everything was spinning, like I just got off of a theme park ride.

I have been feeling a bit anxious this week, even before the attacks.

Thanks for sharing any stories !
I have been diagnosed with severe vertigo, mine is as a result of a fall. Dizziness could be brought on by anxiety but, you should know if you were having an anxiety attack when it happened. My dizziness/spins come on with no warning, when they initially happened, anxiety naturally followed. I had no clue at the time, what was going on with my eyes, ears, or brain. Sometimes my eyes feel like they are pulling, other times they shake, When the spins happen I just look for the nearest safe thing to hold on to. My vision is overlapped but, used to be doubled. The concussion messed me up. I'm in the care of a good doctor, therapists, and a team of neuro-specialists. I would see a doctor about the vision problems, get diagnosed. ENT specialists may be in order but, many things could be causing the problem, don't rest until you find satisfying results. It could be the onset of vertigo and sometimes can clear with proper diagnosis & medication. Smiling on ahead!

Daniel
Anyone over age 65 should remember ...
2 hrs ago by gymdandee
IGF1 and Muscular Development
4 hrs ago by gymdandee
gymdandee commented on Protein Dessert That ...
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms