Vertigo related anxiety??
I have had bouts of vertigo for the past few months.  It appears to be cause by anxiety but it can come out of the blue even when I don't feel stressed.  I googled stuff about it and sure enough I discovered that anxiety can cause vertigo BUT they are talking about it happening when the heart races and or the person breathes shallowly.  In my case it happens when my heart rate is restful, and I'm taking slow deep breaths.  So if it's not cause by shallow breathing or fast heart rate, how exactly could anxiety cause vertigo, or could it?  Maybe it's something else?  I doubt it though.  I strongly believe it is the anxiety causing it but I don't know.  When it's bad I have to walk REALLY slowly cause it feels like I will fall down.  I hate it!
Anxiety can surely cause vertigo, not only because of a fast heart rate or shallow breathing...but also because your mind and body are freaking out! Symptoms of anxiety can be very physical.  For example when I get anxiety I get wildly nauseous, shakey, my arms/legs go numb, I get hot flashes, and I get vertigo as well.  A lot of people describe when they freak out "the walls are closing in on them".  Its just your brain freaking out.
On another note, you could be experiencing allergies.  I get vertigo for fall allergies.  Its weird because I get hardly any other symptoms for allergies...just vertigo and a stuffed nose.  
You also could be allergic to some sort of dust.  I know there's a woman I work with who had to move her office out of the basement because she was allergic to some dust down there that would give her such bad vertigo she couldnt get up off the ground.  
Maybe call your doctor to see how you can treat the vertigo? I know for a fact anxiety can cause vertigo, so I think your right.
I am sorry I cannot help but I can pray for you.  I suffer from panic disorder and have been having exactly what you described.  I pray that you find an answer also.  I am not a doctor only a patient.  
Anxiety does cause vertigo!! Ever since my anxiety began I get inner ear infections, which makes me dizzy!! Oh the joys of anxiety...NOT!!