Anxiety Community
Vertigo

A community of people with Anxiety offering support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Vertigo

I know I have anxiety and panick attacks. I have had small episodes of dizziness and lots of little episodes of lightheadness. My new thing now is extremely long lasting veritgo. Last night I was in the ER because I had Vertigo for over 4 hours straight. Didn't know what was going on but after cat scan and blood test, doc told me in benign something Vertigo.

Has anyone else experience this kind of vertigo for long periods of time ? ie.. hours or all day long without letting up?
I was also told to have a stress test on my heart done and start taking asprin. Now this is started to scare the **** out of me!
I would check with an ENT it could be a virus in the ear....
I am currently taking 20mg of Lexapro daily. That has helped with keeping them somewhat at bay. I still have small attacks at night (always have). As for stress, I have tons of that and I can't seem to fix that one. My biggest right now is trying to figure out how to make it through the month!
hey there, I have been experiencing vertigo like crazy too! i am not sure if it a side effect from my medication, but it gets to the point where i have to just stay in bed or put my head down for a while.. how long does yours usually last for on average? MIne is roughly 10 minutes at a time when it starts happening... and can happen about 4 or 5 times a day
I suffered from exterme vertigo all day long sometimes w/intense episodes in between. It haunted me for 2 years but through therapy, I was able to overcome it. It can definately be related to anxiety if you have been able to rule everything else out. Let me know if you need more info
Yes, vertigo I have experienced and I can tell you mine lasted for 2 weeks. My ears were full of wax and I had a cold at the same time. I was given some prescription strength antihistimines which helped a little, Mine passed and I was so thankful to get my bearings again. I was never told it was my heart so if it is necessary to eliminate heart issues then so do it but you might check with an ENT as someone mentioned earlier. Now take good care. It was best for me when I had vertigo to get up slowly and don't go up stairs by myself. I was pretty dizzy. Good luck and take good care.

Hey my name is Niki and I'm 14. I've had vertigo anxiety since I was 10 and it's getting worse. I have it all day and then I have episodes where it gets really worse and I freak out. I end up screaming and crying or running and taking off. SO I know what you're going through and medicine sometimes works but not always. Valuum however, DOES work lol. Goodluck.
melimeli commented on veronica0808's status
clean_in_ks commented on photo
meegWpaw commented on photo
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms