Anxiety Community
Visual Problems

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Visual Problems

Hi, i have currently had Depersonalization/Derealization for the past 3 months,coupled with an underlay anxiety problem. I currently take lexapro which seems to have helped a ton, most of my anxiety has seemed to be subsiding. Now if only i could say the same for the DP/DR. I have cloudy vision and a lot more floaters which i have heard many times is caused by the anxiety. I've had my eyes check and everything seems to be fine. Oh and i also seem to have see a glare on things that should have glares such as a spot in someones face. It almost seems like i cant see that one spot because my eyes havent ajusted to the light after about 30 seconds that goes away and i can see normal again. The glare only seems to happen sometimes and goes away after a short while. The main thing that scares me is sometimes when i wake up in the middle of the night i feel really disoriented and kind see trails when i move my hand. Its almost like when i have these little episodes the whole rooms seems a bit distorted. I dont mean like the walls are caving in or anything just like my vision seems cloudy. blurred, and like it has lines in it plus the trailing. All this only seems to last about 30 seconds before it wears off it just kinda scares me every time it happens which is only a few times a week if that. I also have visual snow which seemed to start happening about 2 weeks after the dp/dr. I've been going to a psych who says all my symptoms are normal but i just looking for some other thoughts on this matter.

Try not to scared.  This is just a side effect of the medication you're on.  If you google Lexapro you will see the side effect of blurred or double vision.  This is common.  Alot of people post about trouble with their eyes so hon, you're not alone.  

I used to take Ad's and I remember my vision was quite blurry.  I have floaters too and they are annoying, but benign.

You're okay, honey.  I'm so glad the meds are giving you some relief.

Take care...
I had another idea.  If you type in "vision" up in "Search this community" which is above the activity bar, you will see other posters with the same complaints.  Maybe that will make you feel a little better.  Hope so : )
thank you. Now that i recall my visual problems did start after the medication. That was a ton of help and very relieving to hear.
lajacks commented on Derealization and Dep...
1 hr ago
Amandag78 commented on LindyTara's status
Nighthawk61 commented on I have so much potent...