Anxiety Community
Vitamin B question

A community of people with Anxiety offering support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Vitamin B question

I dont know if anyone can help with this, but I have been taking the B-complex for almost a week now. I have actually noticed a difference already- not nearly as nervous and jittery as I usually am. Anyway, (sorry TMI)- my pee is REALLY yellow. I found a few articles that said it might be caused from B-2. Well I have two different B-complex pills here. I wasnt sure which one to take, so I have been taking this one- it is B-1 100mg, B-2 20mg, B-3 25mg, B-6 2mg, B-12, 15mcg.  The other pill isB-1 18mg, B-2 10mg, B-3 50mg, B-6 5mcg, B-12 10mcg. These doses are totally different. Any suggestions??? Thanks!!
LOL..I had the same thing. I am taking a B Complex that has C in it also. It has helped in my book too and I've done it less than a week. It might also coincide with alot of my tests coming back too. But my pee is flourescent yellow so you have company. I did feel a little nausea once when I only ate cereal before hand. Eating a good breakfast before helps I believe.
Hey torque,

I can't help you with your question.  I didn't even know there were that many types of B vitamins.  Have you tried posting in the nutrition forum?

Anway, I have a question for you, maybe you know since you started this regimen.  Is there any possibility that a person can overdose on B12?  I take a supplement that has 6 mcg of B12 and an additional 500 mcg of B12 because I was told that I had a deficiency.  
Avatar n tn
The yellow is the excess B vitamin that your body isn't using.  It is water soluble and whatever your body doesn't use is excreted in your urine.  It is normal.

What's really scary is eating beets and having your pee pink!!!  Now that makes you do a double take!

Have a great day.
Avatar n tn
Yeah,

I would suggest going with any B50 complex.  I use the one from GNC foods.  I find it has been helpful.  The flourescent urine is totally normal.

Thank you all for your comments!! Raine- I have looked on NUMEROUS websites to see if there were any side effects of taking large doses of any of the B vitamins- they all said, because they were water soluable, your body would just excrete them in your urine.

Topher- I take mine at lunch time. I eat lunch the same time everyday and usually have a sandwich or a weight watchers meal. So, I have never gotten a stomach ache from them. But man those pills stink!! I take the Flinstone multivitamin in the am, but they are flavored and dont smell like strong vitamins. The regular adult size bothers my stomach- I have no problem with the kids vitamins!!  Thanks again everyone!! I feel better!!
Thanks for the info torque.

Yeah, I know I gotta be careful with vitamns.  Some are fat soluble, like A and E.  I heard they can leave fatty deposits in your liver and may lead to LIVER CANCER! (AHH!)
Avatar n tn
I am just starting on b-50 complex vitamins by Nature made to see if it will help with anxiety I have been having past few months which have created horrible GI problems like I have never had, dr. prescribed zoloft, but I am afraid of trying them so I am trying the  b vitamin regimin first. anyone out there with same problems and has the b 50 vitamins helped?

My anxiety created horrible GI issues with me as well. I was so nervous about going places, because I was worried I might have to go to the bathroom- and I wouldnt have any where to go. So, I would try and get out of going. As soon as I would get that weird stomach feeling, I would pop some pepto bismal. Anyway, I started the B-Complex- within a week or two, I noticed I didnt use the pepto at all. I just stopped the B-complex about a week ago- I am going for bloodwork tomorrow and want my levels to show the true picture. Anyway, I was on it for about 1.5months- I REALLY did notice a difference. I just felt a bit calmer. I did not have that general uneasiness, nervous feeling everyday. Right after my bloodwork, I am returning to the B-complex. I cant wait!! I tell you, with being off of it for a day or two, I can feel it!!! There are so many different formulas for Bcomplex. I am going to ask my doctor which one I should be taking. Oh- one thing I noticed while on the B's- your pee will be VERY yellow- almost neon in color. DOnt freak out. This is just the B's coming out that your body doesnt need! Anyway, if you have any other questions please ask!! Best of luck to you!!!
Avatar n tn
I am wanting to take the B vitamins, but I saw at Sam's that they have the B-12 or the B- Complex, the complex has all the B's , I was just wondering which is better? All I'm lookig for is more energy. thanks
If you are just looking for energy, you can take B12. B-complex is just good for everything. When the B's work together, you get more from it. They work better in a group. If I were you, I would take the complex. the good thing about B's are- they are water soluable. So, whatever you dont use, you pee out. Best of luck to you!!
Avatar n tn
Hi.I am about to start taking B50 complex tomorrow. I have panic attacks/antiety & I was wondering is the vitamin has helped you in any way. I also want to stay off from meds that's why I'm opting on this supplement & hope that it will help alleviate my anxiety.

Thank's & stay healthy!

Alie
mishymoshymarcy every day is getting harder... Comment
Jade59 commented on clean_in_ks's status
mishymoshymarcy commented on mishymoshymarcy's status
Jun 26
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms