Anxiety Community
Vomiting with any bit of stress
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Vomiting with any bit of stress

When I was in middle school... when I got so terribly upset I would throw up in extreme cases... when I would cry hard after a death (grieving)  or when there was a tornado coming at our home (extreme worry)

In high school and then on through college  I would make myself vomit for a need of control (although not often, still unhealthy).... however this type of bulimia has not been an issue for about 5 years now.

For the last year, anything that would be slightly stressful and cause any normal person to have butterfiles..
... a first date, speaking to a large groups of people... before a race..before an interview.. is now causing me to have a hair trigger response to vomiting ... (and instant diarrhea)  with almost no warning at all.

Its so bad I always carry something with me in my car so I have something to vomit in if I think I may get nervous for something.

I find that I do not "feel" or "fret" .. I am really laid back.. I do not "stew" over things...I never "feel" anxious or stressed...
just all of a sudden it comes over me and will not stop.. I vomit until there is nothing left...and then I am so nervous that it is not going to stop in time before the appointment or when I need to leave the house it sends me in dry heaves...

I feel out of control bc I can not control it... it has become an auto response to any normal stressor.  Sometimes it goes away after I expel everything out of my body (both ends) but what I am most worried about is that the last few months it will not stop... I dry heave for an extended amount of time..

I try breathing deeper.
I try not eating.
I limit my caffeine.
I pray out loud.
I try to distract myself
It is definitely worse during PMS time.  Its worse If I drink coffee on an empty stomach.

I just don't know who to see first.. my PCP or get a pysc consult re: Anxiety/Panic Disorder.

Any herbal remedies? I DO NOT want to be on any anti-anxiety meds for a situational issue..

Thanks for your advice!

You may want to see your PCP first to talk about this. There may be some over the counter meds to help with your stomach and the diarrhea also . I do know this can happen when a person is stressed so I would also recommend seeing your Psych consult too. It kind of becomes a way of your body reacting to stress and once you vomit you feel better. Are you seeing your psych consult on a regular basis?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
1236893_tn?1408490528
Blank
gymdandee Great Comment
8 hrs ago
Blank
remar commented on Doctors Appt.
8 hrs ago
Blank
allinblack commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
9 hrs ago
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms
Start Tracking Now
Top Anxiety Answerers
480448_tn?1403547723
Blank
nursegirl6572
PA
Blank