Aa
A
A
Close
Vomiting with any bit of stress
When I was in middle school... when I got so terribly upset I would throw up in extreme cases... when I would cry hard after a death (grieving)  or when there was a tornado coming at our home (extreme worry)

In high school and then on through college  I would make myself vomit for a need of control (although not often, still unhealthy).... however this type of bulimia has not been an issue for about 5 years now.

For the last year, anything that would be slightly stressful and cause any normal person to have butterfiles..
... a first date, speaking to a large groups of people... before a race..before an interview.. is now causing me to have a hair trigger response to vomiting ... (and instant diarrhea)  with almost no warning at all.

Its so bad I always carry something with me in my car so I have something to vomit in if I think I may get nervous for something.

I find that I do not "feel" or "fret" .. I am really laid back.. I do not "stew" over things...I never "feel" anxious or stressed...
just all of a sudden it comes over me and will not stop.. I vomit until there is nothing left...and then I am so nervous that it is not going to stop in time before the appointment or when I need to leave the house it sends me in dry heaves...

I feel out of control bc I can not control it... it has become an auto response to any normal stressor.  Sometimes it goes away after I expel everything out of my body (both ends) but what I am most worried about is that the last few months it will not stop... I dry heave for an extended amount of time..

I try breathing deeper.
I try not eating.
I limit my caffeine.
I pray out loud.
I try to distract myself
It is definitely worse during PMS time.  Its worse If I drink coffee on an empty stomach.

I just don't know who to see first.. my PCP or get a pysc consult re: Anxiety/Panic Disorder.

Any herbal remedies? I DO NOT want to be on any anti-anxiety meds for a situational issue..

Thanks for your advice!

Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
You may want to see your PCP first to talk about this. There may be some over the counter meds to help with your stomach and the diarrhea also . I do know this can happen when a person is stressed so I would also recommend seeing your Psych consult too. It kind of becomes a way of your body reacting to stress and once you vomit you feel better. Are you seeing your psych consult on a regular basis?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
1236893 tn?1408490528
Blank
Blank
Sonyaxo commented on MY cuz
Dec 05
675718 tn?1449992146