Anxiety Community
Vyvanse

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

Vyvanse

My son has been takiing this med Vyvanse for adhd, so I decided to take it to see if it would help me with my depression and anxiety, and it worked great, I didn't have any side effect to it.  This is why I ask if its okay to take Vyvanse for my anxiety, right now I'm taking celexa but its not doing nothing for me anymore.  I've been taking Celexa for the past 3 yrs and I think its time for me to change my meds.
It's not okay to take someone else medications but well, Vyvanse is a stimulant in the category of amphetamines. Not suggested for anxiety but can be helpful for depression.

Wellbutrin could be a bit more suitable for you with less side-effects if dopamine and norepinephrine is a problem in your depression/anxiety. Depression often leads to anxiety so yeah maybe when you took Vyvanse you had euphoric effects similar to those with amphetamine ''speed''. The extra dopamine and norepinephrine you produce using this drug is contributing to the well-being feeling, focus and energy.

Ask your doctor if you could see if Wellbutrin could work for you then maybe suggest Vyvanse. It would be better if you try Wellbutrin first because it's less damaging for your health than amphetamine but can have similar effect but with less side-effects like increased BP and HT, tremors, lost of appetite etc.

M4
Consider this -

Since Vyvanse is a stimulant/amphetamine long term use (especially for someone not prescribed) can lead to personality changes, aggressive behavior, homicidal/suicidal thoughts.  Chronic users can experience Amphetamine Psychosis - resembles paranoid schizophrenia, delusions, hallucinations, and paranoia.  

I second M4's suggestion - good advice.

Take care
Probably not the smartest thing to do taking a different med while taking your prescribed meds, but hey, if it works, id ask your doctor the next visit about switching. he may have you on the celexa for a reason.
mishymoshymarcy Feeling negative? Sleep it ... Comment
mishymoshymarcy commented on and here we go again...
repetetive thoughts/obsession, meds...
12 hrs ago by psyvamp71
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms