Anxiety Community
We All Want to Stop Feeling Anxious

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

We All Want to Stop Feeling Anxious

For all those people that suffer from anxiety, this post is dedicated to you...

Like you, I'm sick of feeling anxious and I don't want to feel like this anymore...I want to start living again, and be the person that I once was....Let's all work TOGETHER to get rid of our anxiety....

Here are my suggestions:  

DRINK WATER - PLENTY OF WATER
I have recently learnt that dehydration causes the following symptoms:  headache, muscle aches, tension, fatigue, nausea, dizziness, racing heart....these are also symptoms of anxiety.

GIVE UP COFFEE / DRINK LESS COFFEE
As much as I love coffee, it does make me nervous.

EXERCISE
After 1/2 hour of physical activity your body releases natural serotonin which means that exercise has to be good for you...Try and do this outside in the fresh air if possible - you will look and feel great so that's another positive

BREATH THROUGH YOUR NOSE not your mouth

Please put up your suggestions and notes here on how you battle your anxiety...what helps you - you never know, it might help me and others who read this...

Let's not focus on our symptoms anymore, let's focus on getting ourselves and our lives back in order...

x
100%
 (1) 
n/a
0%
 (0) 
n/a
1 Member voted
Tags: anxiety help, get rid of anxiety, anxious, stop feeling anxious, Anxiety
but what if your anxiety makes you too afraid to exercise?  I'm always afraid my heart will stop, afraid of passing out, afraid to drink too much water.  I just want this to go away!  I hate being scared.  I have a 9 month old baby to take care of.  I don't have time to be so nervous about everything.  I want to be calm and live my life without feeling afraid to live it.
With so many fears on your plate, I would advise a consult with either your GP or your OB/GYN. Did you have all these fears BEFORE you gave birth?
Please consult with a doctor.
Peace
Greenlydia
I will try the drinking lots of water.  That's a good idea.

I READ loads and it helps me to stop thinking about my own problems, I choose books that are funny or light hearted (no murders or horror in them) and it gives me something to look forward to....
I was told I needed more exercise and to do something I liked just for MYSELF.  I love to swim so I joined the YMCA.  I took a swim class last week that is kick boxing in the water and really liked it.  Going to try a water aerobics class on Monday can't wait. I also have 2 young children that go to school and this is a real stress reliever.  The Y also offers babysitting.  Take advantage of whoever can help you and I know I will be better soon like before.  Good Luck everyone!!!!

Thanks to everyone for your responses.

Trying to get over this is so hard.  I am trying so hard but it seems like its never going to go away.  

When I read your responses though, it did make me feel a little better.

Majoko, I am scared of the same thing as you - that if I exercise too much that my heart will race out of control and that it will just stop. However, I have decided that even if it does stop, then maybe that was how it was meant to be...this anxious life is not for me either.

Lsat night I went to the movies.  I was so excited and then, as soon as the movie started, so did my anxiety, and my heart was racing.  It was truly annoying, it wasn't even scary anymore.  So I found myself going to the bathroom to cool myself off a few times and just hoping that the movie would end as soon as possible.  I couldn't fall asleep when I got home and my heart was constantly racing...

I am now tired, annoyed and feeling more motivated and determined than ever to get over this...

Please keep your suggestions and stories coming....

x

i used to be scared to execrise to but what i did was little at a time , start off just walking down your street and back, you will see it wont hurt you or do a few bends and streches, just something to get you moving , i walk on treadmill evey other day and do a walking dvd on the day i dont walk , yes this will take your anxiety away make your heart much better, sitting around only hurts your heart , moving about helps it its a muscle and needs to be worked. i though i was doing good by not making it race or get up the rate but instead i was hurting it , the more you do the better and stronger your heart is. and yes it helps the anxiety more than a pill ever will, try it start slow you will see its ok.
Here  are some more ideas for helping us with our problem with anxiety and I have also added some of the known benefits.

Melissa Tea – twice per day (with honey)
Cod Liver Oil Tablets
Magnesium Tablets
Fresh warm Milk – 2 glasses – morning and night

Melissa officinalis:
relaxing
depression and heart palpitations
calming and reducing tension headaches
assisting with over-active thyroid
reducing fevers
helping aches and pains
tension
anxiety
peaceful sleep

Cod Liver Oil
Cod liver oil is a nutritional supplement derived from liver of cod fish. It has high levels of the omega-3 fatty acids, EPA and DHA, and very high levels of vitamin A, vitamin D and vitamin E.

Vitamin A: helps to maintain a healthy immune system, helps resist bacterial and viral infections, and beneficial for eyesight and healthy skin.
Vitamin D: helps maintain strong and healthy bones.
Omega-3 Fatty Acids: have anti-inflammatory properties which help relieve the symptoms of arthritis, improve brain function, reduce stress, prevent allergies, relieve asthma, and help with learning and behavioral disorders including bipolar syndrome.
EicosaPentaenoic Acid (EPA): is great for the cardiovascular system and helps reduce inflammation throughout the body. Also works as a natural anti-depressant.
DocosaHexaenoic Acid (DHA): is also a fatty acid which is vital for good eyesight, a healthy nervous system, and healthy skin.

Magnesium
Magnesium is also important in helping our muscles relax and is necessary for a healthy heart and nervous system. Because it is involved in the action of enzymes, magnesium affects many body system and deficiency of this mineral could influence a lot of organs and could ultimately cause disruption to the heartbeat.

Lastly, absolutely no more Googling illnesses / disorders /symptoms.

x

Everyone,,, Thank you for this advice.. It is nice to see I am not the only one and I feel better just reading. I have been having bad anxiety for about 7 months now and it is killing me. I have been to the Dr. more than I ever have in my life. I was on wellbutrin but it made it worse. I just want to feel good for once. I started execersing again and eating healthy. Hopefully that will help. I get so scared sometimes from my heart racing and feeling like I cant come down that I just want to sit in a closet. I feel liek I cant even get comfortable anywhere not home or work so I feel I am on the edge and quickly falling.. any advice.. thank you ..

Lost in a corner
hi
I am amazed to find these posts and that I am not alone. I too had an anxiety disorder about exercise. I have had lots of CBT treatment and have managed to get rid of my panic attacks - it does work!
I thought I was totally recovered and started a relationship with a nice man. (I've been a single parent for 10 years) I thought the relationship was goiing very well and let myself develop feelings for him. the guy suddenly ended the relationship. he wants children and thought at 42 I wasn't a safe bet. (He is 43) I can't believe that the old anxiety has returned I can't sleep or relax with the fear that I will be alone forever and that my life is over. I am trying to do everything I was taught to do by my counsellor but wanting a quick fix I am even more anxious. I do not think I'll have a panic atttack and die any more but I can't stand the anxiety knot. I can't tell if I'm broken hearted or have had a relaps. plus am I destined to be like this forever but with a different trigger?

any advice would be great

Ali
I've suffered from depression for many years. A few years ago i kicked the zoloft and had my depression under contol, sure i had the occasional dark moment, but in the last year or so, i cant seem to find happiness and joy in anything. I have to force myself to get off the couch on the week and do something, i dont feel like showering, or brushing my teeth or washing my hair, but i do as i still work. I'm not sure why, well actually i know why, for the almighty money and trying to survive fiscally in this world, i started a new job which is sooo stressfull. Now... i feel even more depressed and trapped, i'm really feeling at the edge. I talk to anyone and everyone i can to try and help but ultimately, its me inside that needs to believe and pull myself out. I drink quite a bit and smoke, i dont take recreational drugs and i dont have a partner, but to be honest, i dont have the mental strength to face a relationship at this point. My 2 children live interstate and i chat to them on IM quite regularly. I know i should be grateful that in comparison to alot of  other people my life is pretty cruisey, but why cant i FEEL that, i'm having dark thoughts again.

Tracy
specialmom commented on specialmom's status
10356 commented on opus88's status
10356 commented on photo