Anxiety Community
Weaning off Paxil

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Weaning off Paxil

I am detoxing from Paxil 2nd time couldnt take it the first time went back on it to stop how I felt. Everything people say it true. The headaches, dizziness, disorienated feeling, sick to your stomach, stress feeling, migraines, everything is what I felt. I am doing it again lost my med. ins. so no choice. Cold turkeys where Im at. It's horrible.
I found that Excedrin migrane (migraine) helps, Motion eaze which is liquid u put behind ur ear lobe for car sickness. I also put a half of teas. of baking soda in a 1/2 cup of water and drank this for my stomach to help settle it down , It has helped SOOO MUCH . I am sharing this to try and help someone. I also took some muscal relaxer pills helped.
Its a tough road Im in my 3rd week w/out Paxil I have to do the things I said daily. If I dont use the Motion eaze and baking soda water and Excedrin Migraine everyday I would not function. It isnt a cure But I can drive, go to work, and survive my daily life. Before these things I could hardly get out of the bed, I wore sunglasses all the time because I thought my head was splitting open, and I would throw up too. I thought I was dieing at times because I felt so bad. All of these things I am doing can be bought at the store . They cant hurt you and w/out help from a doctor its a fix u can live with well at least I have been able too. I read all of these symptoms from everyone a week and a half ago I was in the same shape as everyone on here. So I started doing things that I used in the past. The motion sickness stuff was a fluke I seem this in my purse I carry it with me incase I get car sick. I thought how I feel now was kinda how I felt when I got car sick so I just tried it and to my surprise it was so quick to help my dizziness. The I felt like I was getting hurtburn and I always drink the soda/water for that for years I took it and it helped so much w/my withdrawls and excedrin migraine was suggested to me so I tried it and it helped to so all 3 of these things keep me going.
I hope u will try this let others know if it helps cause the Paxil withdrawls the worse Ive ever felt as others have so I hope it helps u to do this.
I had to share. GOOD LUCK all my fellow Paxil withdrawler friends :)
Tags: paxil, stress, Paxil Withdrawls
Does'nt Paxil come in generic now? I'll have to check on that for you. Or, you can ask your Dr or pharmacist.
Did you stop cold turkey or did you do a taper?
I lost my job my ins. so I had 3 mos left on my presciption. So I tried to ween but I ended up going cold turkey. I was on generic paxil. The problem is I had to go back to the Dr. every 6 mos. to renew my Pres. just happens 3 mos was the end couldnt afford to spend 100 bucks on Dr. visit. I Divorced and barely making it on MY own so there's no way I could afford the DR. app. and script. plus I dont want to be anything to me its about money. I went cold turkey cause I tried to ween but ended up taking it to feel better. Its rough out here alone and no back up I havent been single for 29 years so there was no choice.
Sue, google The Road Back.  You may find help there for your withdrawal.  They tell you to taper 5% every two weeks.  They are very nice and have people that will talk to you.  There is not charge.  I did their program and went off of Risperadol, doxipin and klonipin (klonopin) without any trouble at all.  Hope this helps you. Prayer for you,  Linda
10356 commented on Dear MH Friends..Upda...
10356 commented on 10356's status
Step One
8 hrs ago by travel_melb