Anxiety Community
Weaning off of Lorazepam

A community of people with Anxiety offering support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Weaning off of Lorazepam

Hey, just need some advice...I have been taking Lorazepam for over 5 weeks, .5 mgs, averaging about 2 a day, at most 3. I started taking Celexa 2 and a half weeks ago, 10mgs, now up to 20, with the eventual 40mgs being the goal (which worked for me in the past). I want to start weaning off of them soon, as the last time I lost my med insurance (and job) and had to quit cold turkey....and that turned out horribly.(single handedly the worst experience of my life.) Lately I am trying to take it only once a day, as I am needing it less for sleeping. So anyone know what the proper procedure is for weaning off of Lorazepam? I see my psychiatrist in 2 weeks, and will seek his advice on the matter, but I just wanted to know what I am looking at.
The best thing to do is work with your Dr on a tapering program. I know you can't see him for 2 more weeks but maybe you can make a call to him and ask his advice as to how to do this. Sorry I could'nt be of more help. We really don't like to tell people how to wean off meds because we're all so different and may need shorter or longer periods to do so.
Gofsbeautifullove commented on You are a Believer
mishymoshymarcy commented on mishymoshymarcy's status
PaulaAnn commented on photo
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms