Weaning off of Lorazepam
Hey, just need some advice...I have been taking Lorazepam for over 5 weeks, .5 mgs, averaging about 2 a day, at most 3. I started taking Celexa 2 and a half weeks ago, 10mgs, now up to 20, with the eventual 40mgs being the goal (which worked for me in the past). I want to start weaning off of them soon, as the last time I lost my med insurance (and job) and had to quit cold turkey....and that turned out horribly.(single handedly the worst experience of my life.) Lately I am trying to take it only once a day, as I am needing it less for sleeping. So anyone know what the proper procedure is for weaning off of Lorazepam? I see my psychiatrist in 2 weeks, and will seek his advice on the matter, but I just wanted to know what I am looking at.
The best thing to do is work with your Dr on a tapering program. I know you can't see him for 2 more weeks but maybe you can make a call to him and ask his advice as to how to do this. Sorry I could'nt be of more help. We really don't like to tell people how to wean off meds because we're all so different and may need shorter or longer periods to do so.