Weight gain from xanax
I have lost a significant amount of weight over the past 10 monhs,, actually 35 pounds. I actually was looking too thin and the loss of weight was due to severe stress and depression/anxiety. I worry about EVERYTHING.

Recently, my doctor prescribed xanax and I have noiced an 8 pound weight gain since going on this med. Nothing has changed except going to the gym as frequently as I used to. I am on a significant dose b/c I am going to be going through some tough changes in my body starting this week.

Has anyone noticed a weight gain on xanax? I was on klonopin 2.5mg a day and now take 4mg of xanax a day. I know this is a hefty dose and I plan on getting back to the klonopin in the next 6 to 8 weeks after weening off a medication that will really cause my body distress. Just wondering b/c I hate to keep gaining even though everyone tells me I look much healthier. In another 10 pounds, I will not hear such nice compliments.Perhaps I will lose the 8 pounds as I am in for a ride so to speak after this upcoming Thursday after ceasing a medication with withdrawls.

ProdigalGirl

Any thoughts?
The only thing I notice is after I take it and start to relax I get hungry and eat.  So I guess if I took it on a regular basis I would gain weight.  
You said that you are going to the gym less frequently?  That may have something to do with it in my opinion.  Have you been eating more, or have had a change in your diet?
Write down the amounts of each food you eat every day, and count the calories for a few weeks. It is probable that you are just eating more, now that you are relaxed.
I take xanax,same dose,sometimes more if I have a panic attack in the middle of the night.I thought I read you have been going to the gym more.If so,muscle weight gain,which is good.I've lost tons of weight,since my Mom passed.I gained 5 pounds,only because I ate a thing of ice cream 4 nights in a row before bedtime.Stopped doing that weight gone again.Everyone responds differently to meds,some lose,some gain.But with that dose,I really don't think its that.Is weight changes even a side effect of xanax,not sure.Can I ask,How much do you weigh,and how tall are you? God Bless,Jen