Anxiety Community
Weird anxiety attack

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Weird anxiety attack

I just had this weird anxiety attack where I felt like I was detached from my body, and my body felt kind of numb, and felt like I was looking through someone elses eyes, and felt very much in a state of pure confusion. It really freaked me out...does anyone know what this is or have experienced something like this?
Sounds like you had an episode of depersonalization.

It can accompany a bad anxiety attack, sometimes it doesn't. It is a form of delayed perception which leads to the foggy, "outsider" sort of feeling. People can feel dissociated from themselves, its all illusory of course but some can experience this with an anxiety attack.

Yeah, Gulfstream is correct. Thats what it is. I have found that to be out of all the symptoms of anxiety probably the worst. Ive had a cpl of those episodes and theyre really kinda freaky. I looked through your profile because i recently had one of these episodes. The first time i think i had one was when i switched from paxil to effexor. Ive recently had my effexor crap out on me and have been in such rough shape from it. It got so bad it lead me into a huge depression. Anyways, you can always read my profile to see what ive been through. Hopefully to shed some light and  comfort after trying two meds for 0ver ten years, accupuncture, homeopathy, anxiety therapy etc. I just recently went out today because ive been a wreck with panic attacks and depression and tried a vitamin b complex called stress ease. Maybe a different name in the states. Anyways its a vit-b complex that i had read works as good as benzos and better from the studies that have been done. I swear to you and im not kidding I took one after i bought it and within an hr i felt better than i have in the last 2-3 months of everything else ive been trying. It calmed me right down and i was actually feeling more like my old self. Anyways, I went to the pharmacist and said i need ur advice, he brought me over and showed it to me and i bought it for 15 bux. Ive read a ton about things like magnesium, niacin, etc. minerals and vitamins our body needs and figured what the hell i already feel like garbage. Wow, was i surprised. Im not healed or cured but a world of difference. A damn vitamin after all these years. Im totally aware of placebo effects etc but my drs wont prescribe benzos and thats probably a good thing considering the damage the do and the addiction that comes with it. I know im rambling but i still feel pretty good and i took it at around 6pm. I thought id let u know about it and hope maybe it can help u a bit at least. Give it a shot, who knows it just might be what u need to get back to more of a grounded feeling. I wish everyone knew about things like these, all they want to do is prescribe more chemicals. If i feel this good now im really excited to see how i feel after a week er so. Anyways, all the best to you. Hope you feel better. I know how ward this **** is to go through. Thankfully there are some good people with good advice on this site. Best of luck, Mike.
Yea it was so weird I felt like my body wasn't mine. Depersonalization I wondered if that was it. I have heard of it before but never experienced it until now. I did once experience derealization when I was manic and having anxiety at the same time...boy was that weird too!

B-complex I use to take that maybe I should again....
blockhead123 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
17 mins ago
Amandag78 commented on Feeling real and tryi...
59 mins ago
Amandag78 commented on Amandag78's status
1 hr ago