Anxiety Community
Weird sensations in head.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Weird sensations in head.

I'm new to the boards looking for support.Ive hade undiagnosed  anxiety sense I was in my teens.I'm 26 135lbs 5'8.Only other health problems is skipped beats(PAC) Holter monitor caught them.Was working in stadium hosted Rodeo's,roping,horse shows,etc (dusty and dirty).Was working in heat doing some carpentry work using woodfinisher(stain),polyurathan.Not shure if there cause of my problems or helped cause.Shortly after thats when my symptoms begin.I feel woozy sensations like my brains shakes for a sec. accompanyed by nausea,floating feeling while walking was worse at first.A slight head pressure like a books on top of my head at times.Lightheaded like my heads full of blood or not getting enough oxygen to brain.I get these tingly feeling in my head,shoulders, and arms.Not the same tingly u get when your arms asleep more like a rush of energy to my arms and shoulders makes me feel unsteady while standing.I have been to ER 3 times CT normal accept slightly clogged sinus.Blood work and all other workup normal.I also get these weird sensations in my nose maybe my sinuses feels like blood is rushing to my nose.No vertigo no syncope yet.Blood pressure is usually normal but at last ER doc says it was marginal.Been to volunteer clinic because I'm poor they are in a long (mounth and a half now)process of getting me a an apointment for nuero in OKC.3 mounths of these symptoms coming and going and my anxiety is at an all time high.I'm in fear of my symptoms.Only time they dont accure is when showering,driving, and playing my guitar.Looking for answers.
Tags: head, Anxiety
Hey there!  I am 28 yr old female with OCD and Panic Disorder.  I started having these sensation in my face about 4 months ago.  They are sort of tingling, burning.. like ice water dripping down your face.  What does yours feel like? Do you notice that your neck is tight too?
hey i've totally been there except i had burning in the back of my head that causes me to feel like i'm falling, dizzyness nausea the whole bunch, i've even blacked out and fainted. I've suffered with these problems as well as some serios heart problems like tachycardia, my heart went up to 230bpm. They (doctors) tell me the same thing. I'm only 22 female, so it feels good to hear there are others like me who have gone through all these tests and are coming back with negatives. I hope this makes you feel less alone.
I understand
Do you have any neck pain too? For the last 2 months I have had a feeling of pressure on the top of my head (the only way I could describe it was by saying that it felt like I have bricks on the top of my head which were pushing down and crunching all the bones in my neck together), plus this weird feeling of pain / pressure behind my nose. Almost like there was a muscle or something which sterted at the back of my nose and went down the back of my neck, so when I looked down (chin to chest) this muscle would pull and I would feel it at the back of my nose. I too get the feeling occasionally that my brain is almost shaking in my head for a second, and have noticed lately that when I close my eyes I feel like my body jerks and I have to oopen my eyes again. All of these feelings started at the same time I got sick with bronchitis, so not sure if it has something to do with this or maybe sinuses?
I understand the brick on the head feeling alot.I discribed it to my doc and my mother as a book on my head though.I don't get the neck pains but I can say that a feeling I get feels like an explosion in my brain no pain just nausea when it happens and I feel unfocused on what I'm doing not confused.I can say it almost feels like I'm falling close to an elevator or roller coaster drop.The pressure in the nose I get it slightly but it doesnt completly feel like pressure just another weird sensation..Sometimes its realy dry in my sinus's burns.Mybe thats just allergys (allergies).I'm refered to a nuero in OKC but the clinic I go to is a volunteer clinic because I'm low income and they take there sweet time.They said it could take a mounth for a response from the Nuerologists.I was also told they could deny me because they wanted past medical records like my Holtor Monitor results and there a year old.I have been waiting a mounth and a half so far for an appointment if they deny me I don't know what I'm gonna do because I have no health insurance.There is no way I could afford a nuero visit MRI's ETC.I'm also so tired of waiting for results I would like to get a nuero check up an a MRI so I can put some worry aside.
Yes - I get the burning in my sinuses too! I explained to my doc that it felt as though I had snorted balls of fire. I found that taking zertec or telfast (hay fever meds) helped with this, which made me start thinking that it was all some kind of allergy / sinus thing. Most of my symptoms have kind of gone, all I have left now is a bit of pain in the back of my neck, and a stuffy feeling behind my nose and left side of cheek, so I have fingers crossed that it will just go away on its own. Am too scared to ask for a MRI incase I have a brain tumor or something. Silly I know, but I cant help thinking these things, and now I'm just waiting to see if it all goes away on its own.
hey my name is adam adn im 16 i have these attacks where i feel as every thing is gonna go black things begin to ecko a litte and my eyes feel as there gonna roll in the back of my head i had and episode where my arms went paylized and i yelled call 911 then after the episode i forgot what really happened that all i can remember also one time i was at the hospitial and i jus fell over could not breath and my heart was racing they said it was a panick problem i do habe a knot on my head but they wont check it so idk but i hope for the best???
I too suffer from anxiety symptoms.  I have been to 4 different doctors and had blood work and physical exams and everyone tells me that it is anxiety.  Currently taking Lexapro for about 3 weeks now .. starting to see some improvement but I've been on Xanax and Ativan in the past.  My symptoms are just this pressure on my head and feeling shaky and cold, my heart races, I turn pale, stomach problems, etc.  I had a hard time accepting that it was all due to anxiety .. I was sure it was cancer or some terrible disease.  I even remember taking an aspirin before going to bed "in case" I had a heart attack.  Its pretty scary stuff.  You feel so helpless.  I'm a 25 year old female who feels about 70 years old sometimes.  I hope that this helps some of you who are worried about your symptoms.
as any body out there get tingking in there head and burning round scalp ive suffered from this now since july i mite ave fibromyalgia wating 2 c a nerologist
I am also a victom, Mine usely starts with a Headache and a tight feeling in my head, Sometimes i have wacky heart beats and i get a dark feeling of dread & doom, Alot of the time i also have this odd pain in my head and neck. Sometimes this all comes down on me at once, I can be in a room full of ppl (A shoping mall) or at my girlfriend's house and i start to shake alot like chills you would get with a cold and everything starts to look fake!, So far i've had only about 5 of these so called mild brakedowns or what ever you could call them. I often wonder if i might have done something to my neck at work cause i do alot of heavy lefting, My DR has me on Toprol & Alprazolam, The Toprol has helped my fast heart beats. I am a 23 year old guy and at times i feel like i am loseing my mind.
Indeed it is nice to know that im not alone in this, I hope you folks find a better cure then i've found.
I've been experiencing weird sensations in head for the past two months.  At first I thought I had vertigo but it would happen when I was sitting and not moving my head.  It feels like I have water in my head and like an out-of-body experience.  I went to the doctor and they said ANXIETY.  Like everyone it's hard to believe that anxiety would cause those funny sensations.  I think it's somehow connected to the sinus/ear area.  I do feel my ears a little plugged.  I don't have a cold but I do have some congestion in my head.  My ears like fine but may the doctors cannot diagnose that inner ear disease Larynth.. something.
I also have weird sensations in my head. When it first started it was a hot feeling in the back of my head that would only last a few seconds. I thought that it might be a pinched nerve. Now I will have these episodes were I feel like my brain is vibrating and cold sensations with tingling. The cold feeling will be in my head, face, and L ear. I often will feel disoriented or faintish when this happens with alot of pressure to the top of my head. The other night I could hear my head popping like rice krispies or something. I have told my doctor about it but he just says it is anxiety and that I need to learn to relax. I has a CT done about 2 yrs ago but I am to afraid to have another one. I have worried myself sick thinking I have a tumor/cancer. Does anyone else ever do this? I am so tired of feeling this way and being scared of what it is.
WOW... i am not crazy!!! Over the last 3 weeks i thought i was going crazy, actually more thought i had a brain tumor or something horrible. I started having this weird feeling on the top of my head, then it turned into tingling, buring, itching feeling, (hard to describe). My whole head would itch, but mainly my neck and the left side of my head would tingle. Sometimes i get flushed, and have chills, (which i get that with every anxiety attack) It comes and goes. My boyfriend has been giving me massages which really helps. I feel better the next day but it comes back. Also, i don't ever wake up with it, it comes throughout the day, after i dwell on that or anything else that stresses me out. Also, i have been seeing alot of people talking about the sinus thing, i have had sinus problems too, and feels like my sinuses are draining. Also i have lost my appetite. I threw up the other day, and didn't feel good for a couple of days, but i am pregnant so its hard to determine what that is from.  I have always had anxiety problems. I never thought anxitey could do this till now. I have had anxiety attacks before, but this is the first for the weird feeling head. I am almost 6 months pregnant, my best friend just had a premature baby at 26 weeks, I started having some premature contractions at 5 months. (found out due to being on my feet to much) a week later my grandpa passed away, not even a week later my boyfriends grandpa passed away, so needless to say i have had sooooo much stress going on in my life. So after reading all the forums i am assuming it is stress/anxiety. I am too scared to tell my doctor about the symptoms. So i just told her i needed something for my anxiety and she put me on prozac, which i don't hear about prozac anymore. Hope its okay. She wanted to put me on lexapro, but i didn't like what it did to me in the past. So guess being pregnant theres not to many options. Anyway i just wanted to say i am so glad i am not the only  one in the world with this. I was so scared until i read about it. It makes me feel so much better because 98% of the results have been stress, i seriously thought they would have been more tumors, or seriously health problems. So it has calmed me down. I just started to meds today so hopefully soon  will calm down. Sorry this is so long. Just so excited to discuss it. I haven't told anyone about this, i think there gonna tell me i am crazy or i am dying.
You know I'm sitting here right now and I have been reading all these comments posted on here and I'm amazed that alot of people have been experiencing these symptoms, I have been diagnosed with TMJ its something in the jaw on my right side I get @ times a pressure on my eye and a tingly sensation on my right side of my face accompanied by a tingly sensation on my arms and I feel like I'm weak or I'm going to faint I also have felt as if my head on top feels tingly and heavy like I have something on top of my head; I have had a catscan done about 2 years ago and x-rays many times and  everything was normal I will be asking my doctor to set me up with x-rays and another catscan b/c I really want to make sure I am healthy I am only 27yrs. old with two daughter's one 10 and the other 3 yrs. I am very scared but I am Trusting GOD that everything is normal. They told me the TMJ was due to stress.  
I finally feel like I am not losing it. I keep having this feeling like there is a "coldness" at the top of my head, like there is an air vent over me or something. It's only in one spot usually, and it comes and goes really fast, but then once I am aware of it I get dizzy and feel like I am "out of my body" and just get that normal "anxiety attack" feeling. I too was kind of worried that it was something serious. I used to get it all the time about a year ago, but then the feeling went away, and now it is back again for about the last 2 weeks. I don't know what is going on. I don't have insurance so I don't really know how to find out about it...
Yep... funny feeling especially right on the top of the head.  Very specific point.  Someone described it as a 'book on the head'.  Another as a 'brick on the head.'  I can relate.  Sometimes it's a light feeling.  Sometimes it gets more intense... like pressure slowly building... but concentrated right at that point on top.  And on occasions it will actually be painful, as if a spike is being driven into my head... or more like electricity is running through straight from the top.

I had these type of head sensations about two years ago.   Then they dissipated for the most part.  I still get them in a very mild form every once in a while.

I've gotten off all my meds and am in the process of tapering off the klonopin.  I want to see how I feel completely 'clean.'  I'm very curious to know what kind of symptoms I might have in the absence of any artificial stimuli.  I'll keep everyone posted.  So far, I'm feeling pretty good.

mark
Do you guys take nerve pills.. I have the pressure and the clogged head feeling,, The Doctor told me to take nerve pills.. I have but they aren't helping the pressure at all... I was just wondering..
my first time on here, I looked in cos I have all these strange head sensations, tingling, prickling, cold sensation, sometimes all over my head, sometimes one side, sometimes just at the  back, its not gone off at all today,I am suffering from stress at the moment so I expect that is the answer, but its very scary, it sometimes affects my face as well, and today my foot.I have irregular heartbeats and that causes me stress so its a vicious circle.I am taking beta blockers for the heartbeats and wondered if they were the cause.
I am glad I came on here cos at least I know there are others with the same thing. good luck everyone.
omg, know that i know that i'm not the only one.. sometimes i feel like i'm gonig to have a anurism..It all started about 3 days ago. i get all this presure behind my eyes and in the back of my head, its so bad my eys can't focus.like i'm gonig to pass out or die or something. i calle dmy doc and she said it sounded like a sinus infection. I don;t have a runny nose but i do have alot of drainage in the back of my throat. Sometimes i wish i just could reach up in my nose and pull out what ever is causing the preasure....
I am reading these posts and I'm kinda shocked.  The various descriptions of what happened to me this past weekend, are quite similar.  What I don't understand is that I was so relaxed..no negative thoughts...hanging out with hubby watching SNL, and them BAM!   I've never had any sort of anxiety issue and there is no major stress in my life.  Then out of the blue I feel like my head is whirring and vibrating...cold sensation washed over my heard, shoulders and hands and then left me as quickly as it started.  I haven't had it since.  The doctor at Emergency room suggested that it might be an anxiety attack.  While the symptoms sound like it,  I find it hard to believe that this could have happened with no provocation and so out of the blue.  I'm very bewildered by it.  I don't really feel anxious about this,  moreso confused by it and as I said, bewildered.  So,  what do I do now?
i am also new.i get panic attacks like its my job and the last several months i get this weird sensation in my head,face and neck.not that i ever had a seizure but thats what it feels like.i dont actually twitch or convulse it just feels like i will. i feel like i am in "la la land" for several seconds and i get pressure in my head and neck. my mom is anurse and she said its anxiety or like a mild neuropothy.
i am 33 and have been struggling with anxiety for many years but the last couple of years i have been getting these strange head sensations prior to the feeling of panic sometimes it lasts for a couple of seconds sometimes a couple of hours sort of like a pressure and a spinning and a shaking inside my head nearly always accompanied by panic sensations i find it hard to believe that this is all anxiety and wish it would just go away.
i wrote to you all last night but forgot to say i would like to know if anyone else feels freaked out by it all please respond.
hey nellie, besides a tons of other anxiety symptoms, spinning and dizzyness happens at least once a day for me when i start to worry or panic about my health
nice to know i am not on my own i also get a creepy strange feelingin my head all preceding anxiety or panic episodes just want it all to stop but not much chance of that have been told by doctors could be like this for life due to a severe head injury i had due to r.t.a many years ago.
i get a strange sensation on either side of my head from cheeks to top of head. it feels like my brain is thawing out or something, not too much tingling, but a weird "freezing" sensation. Sometimes i feel heat in my head sometimes a cold spurt and it goes away. ive had CAT and EEG's but all negative, thank God. It's scary though whatever it is. I've had anxiety in the past, but i don't contribute these symptoms to it.
Okay! I thought I was the only one also. The thing is we all thought we were the only one... There is hardly any information about these kinds of symptoms anywhere, and if you check your symptoms it matches some kind of disease or something. Sometimes even heart problems and this makes us feel worst. Until finally we find a forum like this and find out that we are not the only ones who are suffering with all kinds of weird symptoms. I personally believe it’s due to extreme stress and depression. My symptoms started right after an accident I was in with my two kids and husband. My older child was two and the younger one was only 2 months, so you could imagine how scary that was. It was a car accident by the way. We ran off the road because of a drunken man, he came in front of our car suddenly... The night before I got my first panic attack, I told my mom that I was feeling depress and a few days before and the night of the accident I had a great sense of fear in me. Fear of death... Well that’s when everything started to happen. Same symptoms like you guys. And the worst thing of all is I was breastfeeding and not eating properly... Anyways, for the first anxiety attack I felt like if blood was rushing to my head, it felt cold and wet... But a doc told me that that’s my nerves.... From then till now I felt every different kind of symptom, nerve pains, heart palpitations, cold feet, cold wet feeling in my head on top, neck pains, thought I was going to have a heart attack a few times, pains and aches all over, pain in one eye (most likely related to TMJ, jaw pain)..  Due to stress also I’ve got other problems, dandruff, constipation all sorts of things. I am going to start therapy soon, if God wills. I hope that helps. We just need to get professional help and take good care of our health, exercise, drink water, eat the right foods, not too much junk and soft drink, especially Alcohol… Not too much red meat especially those who suffer from anxiety. But I have heard that eating lots of bananas can help, not instantly but over a period of time… Those who suffer from head injuries go to an Osteopath. (Cranial sacral therapy in fact this therapy can help people with stress and pains also… I did this therapy and it helped me with my terrible head pains… Make sure you guys are taking your vitamins, especially your vitamin Bs… Make sure also that you guys are getting your probiotics(yoghurt, some vitamins have probiotics, ask your doctor or a pharmacist), that’s for your friendly bacteria… You need these things to help your body function…  Okay sorry for the lecture…. But this is my advice….
What do you do now? Forget about it!! Please do NOT dwell on it. Otherwise, you are going to be a victim of this terrible terrible thing! Seriously, that is when it becomes a problem. That's whats wrong with us. We cant let it go. Don't let it happen to you. If the Doc says everything is ok, let it go. I beg you.
LOL, I sound like you're thinking about joining a cult or something!
But seriously, I'm just saying if u dwell on it you'll just create a cycle for urself.
Oh my gosh, I feel for you all. I started having weird sensations and feelings, anxiety and a few panic attacks when I was 17. Even though I know that stress and the way we handle stress has a lot to do with it, I had an underlying issue. When I was 22, my mom was reading a book on menopause and found out that someone at my age can suffer from hormone deficiency and premenopausal symptoms. Even though I don't feel like this was the source of my anxiety, my anxiety was definately amplified by it. I got a saliva test done and sure enough my hormone levels were that of a 50 year old woman going through menopause. My doctor put me on a low dose of bio-identical hormones which helped immensely.  It didn't take away all my anxiety or anything, but it sure helped me to think more clearly and have more energy. I'm not really sure if it was the anxiety that caused the hormone deficiancy or the hormone deficiancy that started the anxiety, but either way it helped a lot. I know that there are both psychological and physiological aspects of anxiety. Vitamins, excercise, and better eating habits definitely help, but there is an underlying issue here.  Shortly after I went on hormones, my husband left me, due to the way the last few years had been living with me and my weird symptoms. Instead of freaking out, like I would normally due I thought to myself. I had spent a good portion of my life trying to control everything, afraid of everything that might cause me pain. I was living my life trying to control any chaos or stresses that came, so that I wouldn't have to feel those feelings of anxiety or fear. Then someone came to me with a few verses from the Bible. The first one was Mathew 16:25 "Whoever seeks to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it." Before I continue, don't even think for a second this means to off yourself! What it is saying is that the more we try to preserve ourselves are perfect little lives, the more we feel like were losing it, losing control, losing ourselves, but when we give are lives up to something bigger than ourselves(Jesus), the less we have to worry about and the less we feel stressed and anxious and afraid. For me this was eye opening. The idea that the more I tried to save my life, my marriage, my everything, the more I fell apart, but when I handed it over to God, saying, "Hey buddy, I'm tired of taking care of myself, worrying all the time. It's your turn to  take care of things," I felt more alive than ever. Just realizing that it wasn't all on me. All I had to do was trust Him. The truth is, if I hadn't handed it over to Him, I probably would have gone crazy. Here I was in the midst of one of the worst situations I had ever been in (my husband leaving and eventually having an affair with my best friend), and for the first time in my life, I felt wonderful! It had nothing to do with my situation. My situation was crappy, but what God did was so cool.  A couple of months later, my husband came back completely remorseful and more in love with me than he had ever been. He is completely changed. And I, well I live my life a little differently now. When I encounter situations that make me want to tense up or run away, I do the exact opposite. I walk right into the situation and say, "God, I'm not going to be afraid of making mistakes or looking foolish or feeling crazy. I'm your responsiblity now. The ball is in your court, now deal with it." It's like a huge weight is lifted off my shoulders, and I can breath easy. The feelings don't always go away at once, but I just keep trusting He'll come through. Don't stop moving! Keep going forward and trusting Him to correct your direction, if it's the wrong direction. Just like a infant will roll off the side of the bed trusting his mom or dad will catch him, I take life head on, trusting that God will catch me. For those that think this sounds crazy, I don't give a RATS BUTT. It works! For the guy who said don't think about things so much or you'll create a cylcle for yourself. Proverbs 23:7 "For as a man thinks in his heart, so does he become." Your right! Thinking so much about how you feel, only amplifies the feelings. It's been 3 years since all this stuff happened, and I still feel wonderful. My hormones are starting to level on there own which means hopefully, I won't be taking any meds at all soon:)
hey first time here! I suffer fron PTSD and anxiety after giving birth 2 my daughter 9 months ago. it is really scary!! The pressure on your head is severe tension! I also get the burning sen sations in my head ears face. all over really and also get sensationsas if someone is sticking neddles on my head! well weird. But I have been having support from our n.h.s mental health team. which has been great!! thes feelings are just all from anxiety. Your are not actually doing yourself harm,even though you feel as if youre going to drop I am learnnig to deal with mine.still have really bad days but beta blockers are helping me. trhe docs say its a long process but will leave me eventually, I really hope so only 29 feel drained all the time!! wamt my normal mind back.:)
i got the worst flu and have had these symptoms since september, and ever since ive never been the same person, everyday worried about my health, been to ents, allergists, audiologists, family doctors, and all they say its just chronic allergies, so for me reading all of your posts helps me breathe a little for once in a loong time. but i also get this feeling where somethings pushing in my head and it tends to make me twitch and i hate it! and knowing that im only 16 and i have all these weird things happening, you have no idea how happy it makes me feel to know that im not the only one. :)
Tony,

You may never end up reading this because you posted your original message almost 3 years ago.  I hope that means your symptoms have stopped and you are feeling better.

I have had the EXACT symptoms as  Tony for almost 20 years now.  A strange sensation inside my head, like the blood supply is being cut off, followed by an electrical shock feeling in my hands and feet and then total weakness in my legs.  It ends with a very rapid heartbeat and nausea (which are probably just reactions to the initial symptoms).

I am SOOOOO DISHEARTENED to read how many doctors have written people off on this board as having "anxiety" or "nervous" problems.  Then throw antidepressants or anti anxiety meds at them.  I can tell you 110 percent, my problem is NOT due to anxiety.  Never is, never has been.  In fact, the major episodes I've had I've normally had either while lying down, or watching TV or even being in a movie theatre.  No stress at all.  So when I hear "anxiety attack' it makes my skin crawl.  It really pisses me off that doctors refuse to dig deeper into their patients and instead just write of off as stress and then toss a Xanax the patient's way.

PLEASE, before any of you accept the first answer from a doctor, move on to at least one other person to check your symptoms out.  

Though my problem has yet to be diagnosed, I keep plugging along.  They've found that I have mitral valve regurgitation (which apparently isn't causing these symptoms)and a cyst in the right temporal lobe of my brain (not whats causing these symptoms).  I'll get to the bottom of it and I hope you all will, too.

Just don't accept "anxiety and stress" as an answer.  As far as I'm concerned, that's the lazy way out for doctors who don't want to delve further into their patient's problem.  

Good luck.
And, by the way, I've started a blog to document stories just like ours.  People who have gone undiagnosed and after YEARS have found answers to their problems.  Most of whom were brushed off by doctors as being "hypochondriacs" or "anxiety-ridden."  All of them ended up having very real problems that were eventually found by doctors who were willing to step outside of the box and look at other options and possibilities.

Kudos to these docs!

The blog address is:  www.themeddetective.com.

Share your story with me and I'll post it on my site!
Hey.Tony...
simple.answer.is.yes...this.is.anxiety.
It.can.definitely.cause.you.to.have.a.strange.sensation.in.your.head.
Which.yes...may.just.be.migraines.But.it.also.could.be.muscle.spasm.
I.have.the.same.issue.
I.always.think.I'm.going.to.have.a.brain.aneurysm.or.something.It's.a.really.
annoying.uncomfortable.feeling.for.sure.
You.dont.need.to.worry.though.if.the.doc.says.your.good..
most.likely.you.are.and.it's.all.caused.by.anxiety.
There.are.many.symptoms.from.anxiety.
Also.I.get.the.numbness.in.my.arm.as.well.also.a.soar.neck...
it's.your.muscles.
The.pain.in.your.head.is.probably.just.the.same..your.muscles.
Not.your.brain.
(no.space bar)
I feeling like my brain is flexing it is weird??????
It is on top towards the frontal lobe.
Any ideas
To everyone who has these strange symptoms, along with hundreds of others:

Yes, it can be all due to your nervous system.  All...every last faint feeling or tingle can be brought on by nerves.  I know, I've had them all.  From the most benign to the most debilitating.

Please, please do yourselves a huge favor.  Whether you continue to search for a medical answer among specialists, or whether you have exhausted that and have been advised to use mood enhancers to help you, do one thing:  Go out and find a copy of "Hope and Help for your Nerves" by Dr. Claire Weekes.

All I can say is that reading this book has repeatedly brought me back to good health.  I say "repeatedly" because I was first diagnosed with a panic disorder at 16 years old, and I am now 48.  I still have a copy readily available.  It rides in my pocketbook as my Xanax placebo.  And better than any drug, it works...100%.  

Please just try it.  I could fill up this page with symptoms that I have experienced over the years.  I could list every single one here, from head pressure and faintness to shooting tingles down my arms and legs.  Blurred vision, rapid heartbeat, weakness.  I can go on and on.  I won't.  I just wanted to post because this was my experience, this was my "cure".  And I don't use that word lightly.  :o)
I feel you on what you are going through. I too have experienced many of these weird sensations in my brain and body. I guess I'll start by telling my personal story. I'm 23 years old. I have experienced anxiety and depression off and on throughout my life, triggered by a traumatic experience, deep-seated regrets and combinations of other experiential-circumstances, and I can tell you first hand it is truly amazing how the mind is capable of affecting the body. The summer after I was in eighth grade I was bed-ridden most of the time and was so nauseated I couldn't swallow apple sauce and was only able to eat once a day during a certain window of time. I had no idea about anything to do with anxiety and as the months dragged on I felt forsaken of God and was convinced I had some terrible disease. Eventually the doctor told me I had anxiety and gave me some Buspar samples. I'm by no means suggesting to take psychiatric medications. After a couple months of taking that I started to feel better. I think it was more the Placebo effect than anything that made me feel better. So, I know what the symptoms of anxiety feel like.. Well, I've been fine mostly for the years after that until this year a series of events through me into a tailspin. First, I lose a good steady job I had that I was well-respected because someone at work was making it impossible for me to be happy there. I know, I should have tried to work it out with them but we were both stubborn. Then after that I found out that the girl I was seeing was a pathological-liar, heartless, psycho, whatever you want to call it or just downright mean. Because even after having asked her numerous times on if she slept around and if she had any stds she would always claim she had been tested and she ended up giving me an std. At the time (early this year) I thought the std was permanent so I just locked myself in my room and started drinking frequently. (later I realized that it's not permanent; hpv genital warts, my doctor didn't explain anything) After doing that for awhile I started to become very antisocial and felt weird, awkward, or "tripped out" being around people, even my own family and old friends. I later realized that this was anxiety but I had no physical symptoms at this time other than rapid heart beat. Before, I used to self -medicate with Marijuana which helped a lot and never had any negative side effects on me except some paranoia on onset depending on circumstances. It would help me with my depression and made me feel balanced and in harmony with life. But when I couldn't get it or afford it because of it's "legality issues" or because sometimes the quality is bad because you never know what you're going to get on the black market. (another downside of it's legality) I had quit doing that though and was unable to work because I would constantly go into a panic. Eventually one day, when I felt like I had no other options left I went to the low/no-income psychiatric clinic.. After going through the motions a Psychiatrist prescribed me Lexapro and Klonopin. I have taken benzos like klonopin before and they had never made me feel any weird sensations as a sidenote. However, I took the Lexapro for 9 days and on the 8th day I woke up from a very vivid dream to what felt like a pop in the right front side of my head and then a tingling. I disreguarded it as  "getting used to the medication" and took the Lexapro one more day. On that 9th night I woke up again around 2 am and had to use the bathroom. When I walked in there I got that cool/cold sensation all over my head and the tingling all over my head, I got clammy, and everything sounded distant and fuzzy, basically like I was going to pass out then I walked a step and collapsed against the shower door onto the floor. I laid there thinking I was going to die then became nauseated. I slowly regained some energy but after that I was very weak. I went to tell my dad but he was fast asleep and had only been asleep for an hour. I got on my computer my arm was so weak the cursor was slowly moving across the screen and  I thought my computer had a virus but it was really because my arm was so weak. Then I finally woke my dad up and told him whats going on. He tried to ask me if I ate something bad and made a list of symptoms but talked me out of going to the ER. Needless to say, I immediately stopped taking the Lexapro (an SSRI, by the way) and for the next 3 days I felt weak, had a weird aftertaste in my throat, and had a mild headache, and a little tingling in the right front part of my brain. Then after that I started smoking marijuana again, and drinking but just occasionally this time and not large amounts. I felt fine for three weeks and even joined a local gym during that time and was working out almost every night. I applied for a couple jobs. I started hanging out with my old friends and I was taking my klonopin at this time, mainly before gym or before hanging out with people. Then after three weeks I was hanging out at a friends house. I had stayed the night and we had drank beer the night before and I had taken some of my klonopin, just 1.5 mg. Another friend had come over and we had smoked some weed.  I still felt fine but had been having mild headaches  a few days prior. And all of a sudden my symptoms came back. I got that feeling of pressure on the top of my head and the cool sensation and then that disorientation or faintness feeling and then the insuring panic attack from the fear of "what's going on with me." After that I went to another room and tried to calm down then decided to drive home. It will be four weeks this Wednesday since these symptoms came back. I  saw a doctor having borrowed 20 dollars for the copay as I have no money and no income and healthcare is for the privileged in this country. The doctor heard my story and checked basic things which he could find nothing wrong with. So he said next thing is a CT scan. I thought I had had a ruptured anyeurism or mini-stroke or some other serious condition with the brain but the CT scan came back normal. It found none of those things. One night it got so bad that I went to the ER . I told him all my symptoms which I will try to list now: tingling, pressure, or itching in specific spots in the brain, stiff neck, feeling of tenderness in back of neck or in the brain, vertigo, light headedness, disorientation, happy-drunk feeling rarely, sometimes tingling or numbness in extremities though mild and rare, ringing and lessening of hearing, this is all primarily in the right side of my head, never in the left.  He told me that the next step was to see a Neurologist and possibly get an MRI. I'm waiting 2 months for my Neurologist appointment which I currently do not have the $260, also I owe $750 dollars to collections because I wasn't able to pay my cellphone bill because I wasn't able to work or find a job. All I wanted to do, was to get better so I could go back to work and move out and be independent so I wasn't costing anyone anything and I end up causing a worse problem. So my advice people if you aren't already going through this, do everything you can before taking one of these "psychiatric drugs" there is so much we really don't understand about what we are altering in the brain and everybody's body chemistry is unique. I don't know what  I did to my brain but I wish I hadn't and I would rather be as afraid as I was before then feeling this. At least I had my life, now I'm in fear for my life though I'm still here today. I've realized that you've got to live life as if you're going to live to a hundred whether you think you're going to die or not. You can't give up on the future because you don't think you have one. I know that's hard to accept but there is no other way but to give up in my opinion.
Also, the doctor at the ER gave me a diagnosis sheet for - migraine headache. It fits a lot of the symptoms that I've explained, the numbness and tingling, the being located on one side of the head, and other symptoms. However, as most of you understand this isn't a normal "headache" feeling this is a different sensation like tingling, itching, burning, or just pressure like a book on your head. I've done some research into migraine headaches and there is a seratonin theory which would make sense in light of the fact that I was taking a medication that altered the function of the seratonin system. Also, as most of you realize, when we get feelings of anxiety or panic, and for me even anger it heightens or intensifies the symptoms. So to me that would also indicate that it's something that is neurological such as the seratonin system. I also like these ideas that have been shared about nerves and I've been doing some research into the central nervous system and about nerves. I hope to find some answers and I hope you do too. It is a very disheartening feeling when you don't know what's wrong with you. One of the guys on here has been suffering from something like this for 20 years, wow! I've barely had headaches or any sensations in my head in my life until this happening two months ago and continuing today. I just had a good week, 5 days I had barely any sensations at all, then yesterday and today I've had some bouts. The only thing that's helped me is to lay down on my back, no music, very little sound, and very little light, and try to go into a meditative state. Try to think as little as possible as that seems to intensify it and also to raise anxiety. Try to get your body to stop panicking and to relax by just letting go.. I know that's hard to do.. It's hard for me to do it especially as I have a good memory of things that happen to me in the past. If I find out anything from the Neurologist or if I find anything that helps alleviate this or if I find out anything helpful at all I'll post. But as of right now I keep  searching for an answer.
i am so tired of weird head sensations being blamed on anxiety.  guess what folks we may be really feeling these symptoms.   they are real.  i have had multiple sclerosis for three decades and ---we with ms have these weird brain sensations, head pressure, light headedness etc. very often and  they can be very unpleasant and very scary.  go to a neurologist and  have some brain mris for a diagnosis.  the point is that i have these sensations and they are sympyomatic of my ms and if bad enough i get  scared and then anxious. hence the anxiety is not causing the weird sensations, the ms is. go get  tested for ms and other disorders like inner ear and vertigo.
UPDATE: I know a lot of you are seeking answers for what is causing you the sensations with your head. I wish you luck on your quest. For me, I have finally found some answers or at least a starting point. After having waited for two-months for a Neurologist appointment (because it was ordered up as migraines - one of their lowest priorities) I finally went to see a Neurologist, in my opinion, a rather good one. She listened to my story about how I believe I had a bad reaction to Lexapro (an antidepressant; SSRI) and to all my symptoms I have been experienced. At first it seemed she was going to write it off as psychological but I quickly made the point that others had done that many times before and I strongly disagree with it. So, what she did is she ordered up 5 tests that she said would cover all areas of what it could be, "if there is something there, these will find it." I had already had a CT scan a month  ago that came back normal. The five tests were a blood test to check for diabetes, cancer, or any sort of thyroid problem, and I don't know what else, an MRI with dye that they inject in you, an MRA, an EKG, and an EEG. My blood test came back normal, blood sugar normal at 100. The MRI and MRA came back normal, good circulation in the brain, no tumor, no anyeurism, no hemmoraging. ( That was really great to hear as it was a major concern of mine.)  The EKG came back with some Tachycardia or "fast heart rate." Now here's the thing I was telling you about that is now my starting point. The EEG which senses electrical activity in the brain found that there was a neural artifact misfiring consistently in the right-frontal lobe. This confirmed my suspicions about the initial experience that I had back in early July where I had woken up and felt a pop in the right-front part of my brain then a tingling. So now I know I wasn't just imagining or dreaming that...  Many of the symptoms I described to you considered as a partial seizure, such as the, weakness, vertigo, unusual tastes or smells. And that type of seizure does not cause a change in consciousness according to this one website. A seizure is a charge of sudden electrical activity in the brain that affects a way a person feels or acts for a short time. This makes sense in light of what I had learned about the neural-misfiring from my EEG.  Another clue is the Tachycardia. Tachycardia often precedes a seizure and frequently persists throughout a seizure. "Epilepsy (from the Ancient Greek ἐπιληψία epilēpsía) is a common chronic neurological disorder characterized by recurrent unprovoked seizures.[1][2] These seizures are transient signs and/or symptoms of abnormal, excessive or synchronous neuronal activity in the brain." (from wikkipedia article on "Epilepsy") This would all make sense in light of the fact that the Neurologist said that the misfiring was constant or consistent which could be construed as excessive. So, I don't know where to go from here. I am just going to continue my research and hopefully I will find more answers as to what really happened inside my brain to cause this change in me. The doctor prescribed me some medication for epilepsy. I'm not sure if I want to take it yet. I have to research that as well. I'm not just going to blindly take some medication again. No way after what happened to me with the Lexapro and Klonopin. I hope this article helps you on your quest to finding some answers and I definitely suggest, if you are having similar symptoms as me, to go see a Neurologist and ask to get an EEG done. You might find some surprising result as well. Good luck and Love. Ryan Brayton

I am from South Africa, and have experienced all these feelings.  Dr Claire Weekes from Australia wrote a book called -  "Peace from Nervous Suffering".  I promise it will change your life, if you have stress and anxiety, and have suffered for a long time, please find the book, you will not be sorry.  
I have been having these symptoms for a few yrs, i thought i would surely have a brain tumor or heart attack etc.  only the drs kept saying nope its just panick attacks this got me hooked on xanax (im now clean) drs throw these meds and get you hooked! be careful of benzos!!
Anyways I dont want anyone feel panic but if you havent had an mri plz do,
1 mth ago I was diagnosed with a brain tumor it was actually a dermoid cyst and it has now ruptured! thats how they found it the pain was so severe after rupture i couldnt take it.
I havent had a chance to ask if its been the cause of the rest but (i think it is) the brain is a strange thing it can make us feel wierd things,
make sure your dr tests you fully  i have to have brain surgery next week so im scared but glad theres finally an answer for me!
good luck all
do you feel unreal when it happens? everything feels like its swirls around me, its feels that everything is there but its not really there, and the world could fold in on itself. also, does anybody else here feel the throbbing in your head? its not painful, its your heartbeat, but its loud and your head actually pulses with it. the "books on head" pressure is intense, mostly behind the bridge of my nose and behind my eyes. when it was at its worse, it lasted all day, everyday. started feeling like i couldn't even drive, if i move my head, it felt an action that was shown in slow motion. it went on until i took ambien at night to sleep. now, admittedly, i stayed up on ambien for a little while before sleeping because it made me feel very creative, relaxed, and carefree. during that time i didn't feel it anymore.

started a year ago. what it immediately reminded me of is SSRI withdrawal, the symptoms (most of them) are right on the dot. but i wasn't withdrawing. neurologist checked blood for everything, regular EEG and 24hr EEG showed nothing. no MRI yet though. the original suspicion was seizures, but the EEGs disproved it. so finally, he sold me he really thought it could be anxiety, a constant internal panic attack every day. i have been diagnosed with BPD, which could actually support emotional problems like anxiety causing it..

while we were trying to find the cause, i started taking Lamictal (anticonvulsant). began with the low dose and went up, each dose suppressed alot of it, but would start to eventually overcome the drug, and we'd have to up it again. i'm on 400mg day now, and most of the time i don't feel the head thing. when i have lots of different stress factors going on, when i feel guilty, basically when my emotions get intense, i think there's more force than lamictal can suppress. anger is a really rough one, but panic is of course the king of it all.

anyway, you should consider trying lamictal. its also a mood stabilizer, and has very few side effects compared to other drugs in its class, i haven't had any. its worked remarkably well, and i would like to know if it helps others with this problem. i'm grateful to be able to feel unrestrained (most of the time).
I'm getting this right now. I thought I would try and google what I was feeling and this was the first result. I'm so glad that this isn't anything serious. I'm a 16 year old male with anxiety problems and have anxiety/panic attacks on a daily basis. It mostly started a few days ago when I had a really killer headache, so bad I couldn't even keep my eyes open most of the time. The next day, this started to happen. It just feels like constant dizzyness or head rush or just tickling/warm sensation in the head/neck/face. Like I said, I'm feeling this right as I type this. I was having a panic attack before I checked this out, but thanks to you guys, I feel a lot more calm. Though I still can't shake the feeling that this is something serious. I guess it's just my anxiety issues.
Thankyou.

You've assuaged me that it's probably just anxiety, not a brain tumour. I've only been experiencing similar for four days but tonight decided to search my symptoms, this strange feeling along the top of my brain - like a mild brain freeze - and the anxiety that refused to go. I also have for longer had a problem finding words and conversing as usual. Does this fit in with the anxiety thing?

I experienced the funny sensation at times when I've been going over things past, trying to reconcile memories, late at night when I should've been getting to sleep. I recently had a whole day of it. This time I was worrying about my course. I'm doing a degree in Physics, and I'm very stressed out about it.

The funny sensation came on and hasn't left me. I first assumed it to be some form of hangovery punishment as I drank a half bottle of wine that day.

The first thing that came up using the search was brain tumour, and I use my mobile to my head way more than I should, although I believe scientific advice that it'd take huge amounts of RF signals to trigger a tumour. I know already I'm very anxious alot of the time, but never thought it'd manifest itself in such a physical way. Of course I'll see a doc, since this all leaves out that problem with my speech.

All the best.

Sarah.

I have an anxiety issue. Extreme physical symptoms in my head, mainly the left side. it switches from the side to the top and then to the back...its kinda like its clogged and i cant get enough oxygen in there. I also get my left sinus blocked when my anxiety is bad..i get the shakes and my left side of my body feels like its going weak, my head shakes for a few seconds... Ive ended up in the ER one nite because of this and it was put down to anxiety...so after stressing that i had a brain tumour for like 2 yrs i finally demanded a ct scan on my brain to see if i had a tumour/lesion/bleeding of the brain. And guess what?? i dont!  theres nothing wrong with my brain at all and this is anxiety.  As i type i still have these symptoms, its common people.  Please put your mind at rest and get a ct scan done.  Its the best money spent. Also blood tests to rule anything out...myne all came back fine except for my liver which im dealing with at the moment..  take it easy people and get yourself tested xo
When I was reading your posts i knew it was epilepsy.  I have had epilepsy since I was 15 (I'm 46 now) and arterial spasm angina from my stupidity misusing Phenergan (an antihistamine). I only ever got partial seizures and was on meds for 7 years. I now only get little seizures sometimes in my sleep or the strange sensations on the right side of my head - it feels to me light a light switch being flicked quickly off then back on in my head as well as the other feelings you've all described.

I've had quite a few of these episodes lately since I had surgery last week. It started just after a cortisone injection before a platelet transfusion prior to my general anesthetic. I know it's epileptic episodes because it is in exactly the same spot of my head from where I get the feelings before a seizure.

Are they scary? Yes because you feel like you're going to lose consciousness but it is possible to fight them back. As for brain tumors, they're rare.
I have also had a lot of these symptoms you all have described. I'm only 22 years old. I have this wierd sensation come over my head, it feels like a light pressure and it feels kind of like motion.  I also get this weird pressure in my nose, that feels weird.  It all started after I was sitting and doing my homework and then I almost blacked out.  About two years ago, I started having heart palpitations and went to many doctors and was even hospitalized but all the tests came out negative.  I was told that I am probably having panic attacks.  I don't understand that because I am usually not panicked when I have them, but sometimes I am.  I do not have them anymore to that degree.  Thank God.  I felt like no one understood what I was going through, I have even stopped going to the gym for fear I will pass out.  I am scheduled for an echocardiogram and a CT scan soon, hopefully it will be nothing bad.  It actually made me almost cry to read so many of your stories and know that I am  not alone.  I was scared that I had a brain tumor or that something horrible was going to happen.  Thank you so much for sharing your stories, it means the world to me!
Dear People,

I seem to be doing better in someways. I notice I don't quite so "gone" as I did originally after this started with the severe antidepressant (ssri) reaction. Yes my left ear still rings but mostly the anticonvulsant suppreses it. I'm taking 300 mg Carbatrol 3 times a day. It's like a partial seizuring that just won't stop causing sensory overloadis what I believe. And for some reason stress plays a factor. This is not anxiety, ok let me share that with you. I know it creates a lot of anxiety. And when you're having a panic attack the seizure is much worse feeling but anxiety is a whole seperate issue. I know many have said things about anxiety but htis is not anxiety.At least in my case. My partial seizuring was caused by something going pop in my brain, in my neurons, after having some chemical reaction with the antidepressant I was prescribed for only 8 days. Things seem to have been getting better. I haven't been able to increase dose. The clonazepam has helped with panic attacks and sleeping regularly, exercise, and eating right has helped with it all. You might want to read about how healing the brain requires eating correctly, or you could even go so far to say, as eating in general. The going idea is that if you eat more acidic foods/drinks you will be less apt to heal. I've also read that green tea is good. In my case I hope my brain will rewire and heal it self well. I hope the damage was that minimal. I was told that the brain needs 18 months to recover from some traumas so I'm going to give it at least that. In conclusion, there is a lot about the brain we do not know yet. And if for whatever reason, something goes wrong with some neurons, or those neurons explode or are damaged for some reason, then theres no telling what sensory effects that will have. I think it's obvious the effected regions are where we get the specific feelings in our brain, such as the itching, cool, wet, tingling feelings. But when the neurons go awry you have seizure (abnormal or excessive electrical activity) that's why I was prescribed an anticonvulsant. It reduces electrical activity. Hopefully eating right and exercising I will heal and be able to taper off the anticonvulsant. If not I will continue to take it in my life if the symptoms becomes so bothersome. It could be one of those things where there are a lot of symptoms, but other than that you're as healthy as an ox. But because of the weird symptoms you feel your life is threatened. There are many things to be considered. Perhaps more research will give answers about seizuring and what it affects and why it is caused. And the neurons themselves? It perplexes me. Anyways, the medication has helped a lot, staying physically active has helped a lot. I don't eat a lot of sugar either by the way. I eat a light breakfest. I eat a light lunch. And a heavy dinner. I stay away from things that will cause too much of an adrenaline rush or headtrip. You got to incorporate greens though. That's the most alkaline food there is; is greens. Other than that, I don't know what to say. I hope it gets better for you. Good luck to yourself and good luck to me too.

Peace.
Tolerance withdrawal to drugs like benzodiazapines such as valium, xanax, klonopin and ativan can also cause these weird symptoms; they are not meant for more then 2-4 weeks use because some people get physically dependent in that small time frame and start having issues. Anti-depressants can also cause similar symptoms. These types of drugs mess with the CNS/central nervous system, so if anyone is taking a drug like this it is worth researching since it may be the cause of some of not all the problems.

Benzo Withdrawal Symptoms:
http://www.benzo.org.uk/votsymp.htm

Benzo Facts:
http://www.benzosupport.org/faq.htm

Tolerance withdrawal to drugs like benzodiazapines like valium, xanax, klonopin and ativan can also cause these weird symptoms; they are not meant for more then 2-4 weeks because some people get physically dependent in that small time frame and start having issues. Anti-depressants can also cause similar issues. These types of drugs mess with the CNS/central nervous system, so if anyone is taking a drug research the tolerance and withdrawal from these drugs as well.
Hey, I've been getting very weird sensations in my head. Especially when I try to sleep. I'm glad to know others have this, it comforts me. I have a lot of other issues too. Check out my post if you want and tell me if you have similar issues. Hope you feel better!
Please reply back. im  15 years old and the only time i get a sharp pain in my head or a cold feeling in my head is when im worried about something or scared about something. you know? like when my anxiety's kick in. is that normal?
I get all this. every symptom anyone has decribed i have been suffering for 10 years with it all i go to bed feeling like i got hit by a truck and wake up the same way i have all the pressures in head shacky all the anxiety symptoms crawling sensations in my head i have it alll and have had every test known to man and see my family doctor once a week and offten feel ike im a burden to him ive recently been to mental health clinics because i had some sort of break down due to it all and lost 16 pounds in a week and a half cause i couldnt eat i would just drink water gag pace and cry it was the worst experience of my life and when the hell is it all going to stop cause im sooo tired and so upset that i have to feel this way everyday ..i would go to the er 7 times in a week i might add because i was sure i was dieing and was all shaky heart racing pains and sensations in my head and body and couldnt believe this was happening i had so many breakdowns infront of so many random hospital workers it was a joke and all they kept asking me is if i felt suicidal what a joke my response to them was hell no everyday i wake up and pray to god that today isnt the day he takes me because i love my daughter so much and im all she has and what would her life be like if i was gone and to please help me stop feeling this was everyday bs cause this is no life ..what is it like to wake up be in a great mood and to feel wonderful cause i cant remember i have so many symptoms i could never begin to list them all and isnt there anything anyone can dooo cause im so fedup and ask myself why is this happening to me and how do i make it stop cause i get this even when im just sitting around thinking about nothing so how can everyone chalk it up to anxiety but every test ive had has comeback normal and im so scared to take meds i have to talk myself into it i often hear about ppl self medicating cause thats a big part of anxiety and wonder how the hell they do it cause i cant so much is have a social drink cause of all this or smoke a joint cause it all increases my symptoms 10 fold so what is a person to do they put me on anxiety meds and it also increased my symptoms so i went off them now im trying meditation and spiritual healing of the mind and soul cause i dont no what else to do and just want to live a normal healthy life ..oh did i mention it all gets worse when im going somewhere like driving so what the heck can i do i lock my self in my house and hope for the best cause i dont want to be around ppl this all might go away for a couple of hours during the day but thats it what a joke i could go on but u got the general idea thanks for reading and it does help to now im not the only one out there so thankyou all
I feel you on all you just said. My left ear rings pretty much constantly. For some reason I've seem to accepted it and I am still happy even with that constant buzz. My neurologist seems to be convinced that it's ear wax in my ears and I'm supposed to go get my ears cleaned out by a doctor at a free clinic when I can. I'm going to try but don't know if it will help. We'll see and I'm hoping for the best.

The best I can offer for your situation is to set up a plan with a few simple goals or objectives to improve in your life. I am not saying that it's anxiety, I hate that one too. I was told that quite a lot and you know it's not because you can tell the difference between the anxiety you may very well have like I do and the very real physical symptoms you experience seeming spontaneously. My neurologist tells me to say it's a chemical imbalance. The EEG test showed that there was a neural artifact in the right frontal lobe that was misfiring constantly throughout the test. All this was brought on because I took Lexapro (antidepressant) and had some really bad reaction to it back almost a year ago in early July. But getting back to what I was saying is that a plan will help a lot. I think the gaols should be consistency, physical health, and relaxing mind occupying activities even if you have to force yourself to (reading, knitting, gaming, drawing, whatever, not tv though unless it's something without commercials that often bring up disorders and medications and are random, movies and documenataries ok) So you to be healthy I don't suggest anything about pills I say you start eating fresh organic foods without the chemicals of processed fodos and possibly something like a health shake blended of fruits and vegetables. To try to eat foods and drinks that are not as acidic but much more alkaline. Also to try to do this all at regular times everyday even if you have to write a schedule. Then for exercise do yoga and light exercises. It would be best if you could find a yoga group and also get a yoga book they're cool sensitive people there you don't have to worry about them ******* with you. It will do a lot trust me. Then at some point during the day of your choosing do some light exercises. Some cardio, some other stuff. I'm not an exercise expert myself, if you can afford, get a trainer. Then slowly throughout your plan of weeks/months start to expose yourself to more social situations. At first you could just walk around your neighborhood or a park. If you can get a good psychologist that can encourage you to stay on your plan and to help you with dealing with people and exposing yourself to people. I believe you will be happy and functional in spite of how you feel. Many people have to live with chronic pain, deficits, and disabilities.. I think one guy on here said he's been dealing with this for 20 years. You have to try to rise above it. I know it sounds impossible I was in the deepest despair when I first blogged here on this. But I'm starting to get there...
My grandmother passed on April 23rd of this year.that night I did something stupid and I took Meth.To much actually.The next morning by 11am I was rushed to the ER having anxiety attacks.That was the first time Since I was 15 that ive done that.Since that weekend, I havent felt to right at all.I have the dizziness.The pain in the back of my next(like books on top of my head) feels like my heart flutters alot.I constanlty keep my finger on my wrist checking to make sure my heart is ok.Ive had pains in My chest, which go down my left arm aswell.I am a 23 yr old female. I feel everyday like Im floating on clouds.Im not to sure whats wrong with me, and I am searching for some answers.Im afraid to go to the doctor in fear they will say the same thing..negitive..I know my body.and Im sure you all know yours..and I know this weird feeling is causing me to feel like Im gonna have more anxiety attacks.My guess was high-blood pressure..But Im no doctor..I dont know whats wrong with me. and I wish I did.I just know that none of this happened to me until I did what i did.I regret it more than ever. Everyone here says its all in my mind..but how do I stop ot from driving me crazy?
I get that weird tingly sensation your talking about but i dont have anxiety attacks =/
hi,
i have been told by phychiatrist that i am depressed and anxious, with axis 2 personality disorder.
i have been taking lonezepam and censpram for 2 months.
i sometime feel rushing of blood in head(which was even before i was taking medicine). tickling on top of head, primarily on left side and keeps moving to centre and right side.
this tickling is occuring often when i pee or defecate for about a week or so.
i also feel pain at back of head, almost exactly opposite to my eyes.
recently i feel blood shooting through my hands to palms when i do excercise while raising my arms up and down
i have also developed sensitivity to sunlight, now it is reducing.

if any one knows if i'm going through unusual things or it is just normal.

thanks.
Hey guys. Do any of you get these symptoms or know anything what Im talking about.
Lately for about 3 weeks now, I've been feeling this weird feeling in my head its like pressure, but then it just feels like a weird feeling that doesnt go away. I worry about everything. Believe me I try not to. I've been thinking of my Grandma who passed June24 07, and ever since then ive been having anxiety (so the doctors say) Im on 10MG of Paxil for roughly a week now. But i constantly think something bad is gonna happen, i've been crying somewhat lately, i just cant get that out of my head. Im having problems with my sexuality which im confused about, and just some family problems. But im going to see a therapist soon , Just i feel like im going crazy or something. Am I ? ? And it's just i wanna get over this and go back to normal !!!! sometimes i feel tightness in my throat and chest too. Doctor says thats anxiety as well but I feel like i need more people to tell me. I guess im kinda paranoid as well. But i cant help it. :( Anyones advice will help thanks !
Hi Rebekah - I'm sure it's not "all in your head" - a few years ago, I found that Milk Stout (a very dark beer) helped me shake off 'flu, which I used to get quite often; but after a year or two of regularly drinking a quart of Stout in the evening, I started feeling pressure in my head and dizzy sensations, mainly when driving to work; and I knew it was the Stout causing it, 'coz every time I'd have a quart or two, the next morning I'd suffer this.  Since then I've gone off the Stout, but slowly and steadily the pressure and dizzy spells have been getting worse, especially when I'm out walking, and it's getting so bad I can't ignore it any more.  It's definitely not anxiety or nerves.  I think the truth is that there's more that doctors don't know than they realize, and I'm thinking of going to a homeopath/naturopath or somebody with a SCIO machine.
I have been getting these weird sensations in my head all the time I can't really describe it, it is kind of like a dropping feeling in my head and I also get dizzy with it.  I have had 3 ct scans all came back normal I do have anxiety and I am on zoloft for panic attacks but I have felt so good for at least 2 years now until about 3 weeks ago.  I am so scared that it is something serious and I cry all the time I have an appt for the neurologist this Friday so I will see what he says. I will keep everyone in my prayers:)  
I get this weird feeling like I am going to pass out or like I am lightheaded or something,its hard to explain. I also get sick to my stomach when this happens. I can be fine one day and then BOOM! The next day I feel like crap and all I want to do is sit in the house. I even get like a tight, shaky feeling in my neck also like it is weak! I was diagnosed with anxiety a few months ago after having an ectopic pregnancy so I am hoping this is what it is and not something a lot more serious like a brain tumor or cancer! Can anyone tell me if they also have this problem and has anyone taking zoloft? I have a scrpit fo it I would like to know if it has helped anyone! I want this to go away! I want to b myself again:(
Ok so i never ask questions on these type of sites-however after reading I felt compelled.Lately for 2 weeks, I have been having a vary annoying tingly pain in my head.  It is not a headache just a weird feeling, First my neck was hurting, then my head.  I also feel very nauseated one day then the head thing the next day. Of course like all of you my nerves are shot because I keep thinking the worst.  I have had all types of blood test run and they are normal. I have also been to the ER two times because I thought I was having a heart attack.  The EKG are normal and my doctor says that because I don't have predisposing factors-it is not likely a heart attack or clogged arteries.  BTW-I am a 38 yo female who has recently started losing weight (30lbs) and the doctor says that these feelings are probably just me thinking about my mortality or the change in my food intake, or the fact that I am slightly anemic. However after an 1hr crying session today during a family outing, because of the way I have been feeling for two weeks-I am going to ask my doctor to send me to get an MRI.  The feeling in my head is not painful just annoying and it moves from the side of my head to the back and then the top along with feelings of coldness and a full feeling in the head. Thank goodness no headaches-any thoughts?
Hi I also thought I was the only one.... I have been having these weird feelings in my head like a dull achy sort of pressure.  It comes and goes but it is more prevalent when I am sitting down and not really moving.  I can't even tell these symptoms are there when I am walking, laying down or moving around while I work.  There is also a higher sensitivity to light with my ears feeling like they are plugged.  Has anyone else ever had this feeling??
i feel this way too!!! Like everyone is saying... I am glad that I am not the only one who feels like they are going to die or pass out! Its weird what our bodies can do to us. I am onyl 26 and I started having these weird things happening to me ever since I had my son 5 years ago!
for the last few days now, almost a week, i've been feeling a strange sensation in the front of my head. Just above the hair line. imagine someone put a weighted book on the spot just above the hair line for about an hour and then removed it and released the pressure. the effect is similar to a release of pressure rather than an onset. the pain is slightly tingly but can better be described as cold or cool. i would have thought it was anxiety or stress since i do tend to worry about things a lot. however, this has occurred in both stressful and non-stressful settings. i havent found any triggers yet. i feel fine during the day until this sensation arises; at that point, i am preoccupied and worried for the rest of the day. i dont enjoy anything. i dont talk nearly as much. i dont joke or smile. i'm just lost in my own mind. the internet has given me many diagnosis, from sinuses and allergies (i'm not aware of anything i could be allergic to) to cancers and brain tumors. honestly, i am severely disheartened by it all. i hope for the best for myself, and for all of you and your ailments. if anyone has any information for me: ***@****
Most sensations you get in your body are related to your breathing. When you breathe oxygen is carried in your blood cells to your brain. If you don't breathe properly then you don't get enough oxygen to you brain and your brain can't control your body properly, and since your brain controls every part of your body, then indirectly your breathing controls every part of your body. Anxiety will make this worse because it constricts the blood vessels in your brain. So imagine less oxygen than you need being carried in your blood stream through tubes that are too tight to fit it. It's very important to focus on your breathing. Take at least 5 minutes a day to try and breath from your stomach, not your chest. Breath in as deep as you feel you need to and as fast/slow as you feel you need to. Controlling your breathing controls how much oxygen you can get to your brain, and it will calm your anxiety.
Thank goodness I am not the only one, I have had these wierd sensations along my jaw line like it is tired and then I get burning sensations in my cheeks. I have been do the docs so many times and they have just written it off as stress, I havent had an MRI but I am going to get one. I am so scared because my mother had a brain tumor recently removed and after seeing what she went through I wouldnt wish that on anybody. I also get the strange sensations in my nose and although the rest of my body feels fine I feel like my face has a life of its own, I am also constantly feeling tired and fatigued, I have also suffered with depression since the age of 13 and I just feel like its never going to end. The doc prescribed Aurorix for my anxiety but it makes me loopy so I have stopped taking it. I just dont know what do I just feel like its never going to end, I just want my normal life back, i just want to feel like my old self again....
Wow, I want to say I am feeling better after reading all this, but truth be told, til I can get myself  cked, out, I will not be fully convinced my situation is anxiety alone. Like many of you, it is hard for me to grasp all of these symptoms could be caused by anxiety....I have had panic attacks in the past, and learned to control the, that was over 5 yrs ago, and just recently, I began getting odd sensations in my head...I woke up 4 days ago with a numbness in my neck and left side of my head, I thought I may have slept the wrong way, maybe it was the muscles in my neck, or nerves sending this sensation to my head...but as the day progressed it didn't get better, I got a panic attack "because" I read on the internet, the symptoms for tumors and aneurysm, and that freaked me out, I really thought I was having an aneurysm...I had my husband take me to the hospital...everything, come back normal, I had a feeling of not being able to breathe, I felt a pressure on the left side of my chest, as if something was putting enough pressure, it made me feel as if I wasnt recieving enough air in my lungs..oxygen levels were fine, lungs, everything was in order...I can understand , me getting excited and stressed, after reading about the tumors etc, and that giving me anxiety, but what about the sensations in my head, the shaking, when I am not even stressed....even while eating my hand shakes sometimes. My chest feels like it vibrates, my head too, shakes, cold feelings in my chest sometimes...which I thought "my goodness..they say you turn cold when dying"...now that can cause anxiety, so not saying I dont have anxiety problems, but how can all the sensations and odd feelings come about even when there is no reason/cause for stress?...Is it possible to be ok, happy, and for no reason..boom..your thinking your going to die because of all these things that begin to happen to your system?  I have even felt a pressure from head to toe, and thought I was going to faint, and I was alone...had no reason to feel anxiety at that moment...this drives me crazy. Could this last the rest of your/my life, if it is just anxiety?..I am sure for some of us it may just be anxiety, but not the case for everyone, ppl when reading information like this can come to the conclusion, oh this is what I have, and let it slide by...this is all good, and if it is only stress related then Amen...but dont just give into it as such, without all of the other possibilities discarded first. Better safe than sorry.Take proper precautions, no two ppl are alike, I could have your same symptoms, and we could have two totally different problems...never self diagnose yourself.
I hope everyone is better or on the way of getting better...
Thanks for everyone who has posted their symptoms. I don't feel so confused and alone. I am forty years old and have been having panic attacks since 2001. I had one last night. It started with a burning sensation in the left side of my head and feeling strange, like a dream state. It started getting more intense, so I went and took a xanax. With in a few minutes it progressed to feeling like I was going to die and it felt like right then. I was pacing the floors. I went outside where it was 17 degrees with just a tshirt and pj bottoms. I felt as though my head was so hot and I was sweating, I had to cool off. I came back in and got a cold washcloth and put it on my head. I called a friend who is very understand of my situation. I always talk it down. I am about 1/3 of the way through, I about 1/2 way through and so on. It is really helpful for me to talk with someone that can help me do that and keep me focused on that I am not dying. The entire thing lasted about 45 minutes, but felt like forever. It is so scary. I hate it! I want them to stop. I don't understand why some people get them and some don't. The triggers are never the same, sometimes I can be really stressed out, other times not. My boyfriend tries to be understanding, but I feel as though he thinks I am crazy and is getting annoyed when I am going through them. He always tries to be understand and asks what he can do. Since he hasn't had one, I feel like he doesn't understand. I have talked to my doctor and we have increased my Effexor from 150mg to 200 mg. I always get them at night and the next feel exhausted!! I am relieved to know there are others out there and I am not the only one. Thank you for sharing your stories!!! God Bless!
I see that a lot of people is having the same sensation. I have the "brick on the head", sometimes I feel like a long nail stuck across my head, like cold water slipping from the top to the sides of my head. When I'm falling sleep sometimes I feel like falling down in a big hole and I jump back up on my bed completely awake. I have also been diagnosed with panic attacks. I was positive  I had an aneurism (aneurysm), but after reading all the posts I see it could be something else. HArd to believe it is from anxiety since the sensations are so physical. Has anybody had an answers from a doc after telling them about this symptoms???
Hi everyone my name is kattie im 23 years old, married with a 3 year old girl. My sister passed away 2 years before i had my daughter. I started having these symptoms like anxiety and panic attacks after i had my daughter. I was scared i would lose her too. I've had panic attacks for almost 3 years now but I've improved so much since then. I'm able to go out of town with my family and go places. In the beginning i didn't want to leave my house. As soon as I found out it was panic attacks I was able to try and control it. It's hard to do, but I just remind myself that I'm not going to die and it will soon pass. doing something like playing a guitar or keeping yourself busy and keeping your mind off things helps. I like to play with my daughter, she always puts me in a good mood. I still have slight panics. but nothing like before. I NEVER took any kind of meds because i don't believe in that stuff because this is all controlled. it's an illness but it's all mental and If you can think yourself into a panic then you can think youself out of one. The ONLY way to over come these panics is to do something you're afraid to do. Like leave the house when you're scared to. If  you are scared to drive somewhere, then get into the car and drive and you'll see that nothing is going to happen. Good luck to everyone. I hope I've helped in some way.
Hmm, yes, have had lots of these symptoms better and worse again since the late 50s. I've almost completely recovered now, and for the last time, so can give some advice, take it or leave it. First, replace any silver/mercury amalgams in your teeth, asap, then for the next 3-5 years 1) vigorous exercise 2-3x/week 2) as much in B vitamins as you can afford, esp 1/6/12.  3) as much magnesium citrate / day as you can without stools being too soft  4) also take calcium citrate supplement 5) NO cigs, alcohol or drugs of ANY kind 6) NEVER visit with a psychiatrist or get any more vaccinations 6) surrender to Jesus (yes, He is real) and be baptized in the Holy Spirit...  7)  Pray, meditate LOTS every day  -- for exercise I recommend joining an Ultimate Frisbee team. That oughta do it, good luck to you all.
I smoke pot and lately when i hold in my hit and exhale my head makes that wawawa sound my vission gets blurry, if i stand up ive collapsed ywice it scares me cause its happening alot more im afraid i might be sezuriering are atleast close to it. help?
I have all these systems and more.. I believe it is high anxiety .
very scary feeling.. the only thing that helps is having supportive environmental and trying very hard to keep my mind on present thoughts like playing music. drugs are in option but i lake to stay drug free..
G day im jonathon woods im 19 and atm  im in abit of troubel looking for  a hand
i recently  got cheated on by my  ex gf wich hurt me so i decided to eat healthy   workout each day etc  and ended up devolping this pain under my ribcage! in the lower left abdominals
my  dr said no to hernia and ceptic ulcer BUT  the other drs  as well said no but the bulge seems odd  
after abit of time i ended up dislocating my shoulder  then ended up at this dirty hospital where they injected morphne and madaslim into me  then shoving my arm back in...
came home had tea watched sienfield finished up some writing then  went to bed
3 am noticed last 2 fingers on both hands were numb  5 am  i woke up again with the whole room spinning and this numb patch on my scalp
after 3 days i had a tumble in my  kitchen with this confused feeling like when u lose alot of blood
i ended up seeing my  dr about it and he str8 away said  panic attack stress att ack and trauma   :/
he wouldnt let me do tests except blood wich showed i had some low vitimens and englarged blood cels
so here i am now on zoloft  feeling  like som1 kicked me in the side of the head :(
im curious have u had any conditions like this ? im freaking out ause he thinks im mad
btw sorry if this is messy im writing it on my phone
how r u going  as well ?
Right then lets just start i woke up brain dead ..... i honestly can say i have a brain toumor or something critical like that. i went out taking drugs and drinking a lot of alcohol and always have anxiety the next day then would be perfectly fine but this 12 night i went out and woke up with a numb head numb brain physically and shooting pains constantly so obv went to the doctors and told him every thing he says you hav not got any brain damage because you wouldnt be walking i  here speeking like i am se says depression and anxiety, now all i can smell is cronic (chronic) burning and a sense of ROTTING from my brain i am loosing my mind its geting serious my body goes numb and my hands are so diffrent feel dissconected i reel retarded from it all . i am waitin to go for a mri scan but i am un pasant and keep writing letter to doctors. i have been to a shyciatrsit becuas ei read on here about anxiety & skitzo frenia came up _ bipolor _ becuase of my ppians and loosing totch = brain tomor or a sign of epelepsy i have had fits but been tested a long time ago yea hope fully im praying to god its only anxiety but how can it make u smell burning and cronic (chronic) memory loss and diffrent kind of brain  pains and make you feel retarded ???. i just can not get it what is wrong with me ! ? feels like iv triggered a brain disorder and can not at all cope !!  please reply
hi my name is michelle and i'm getting really weird feelings in the head i've had aCT scan done and they said it was normal,but they never sent me for a MRI,i was a little upset with that because how do they know what is wrong just by looking at a CT scan.I have a sensation in my head,it feels like it's bleeding inside and very sore to touch.This is scaring me because i have a beautiful little girl that i have to bring up all on my own and i don't want anything to happen to me.
I see all the articles that everyone wrote and i see that the doctors said it's anxiety,i hope that all it is and nothing elese
3
Opps sorry about the prior post.

Glad to see I am not alone here. Actually I am not glad everyone has the same issues.

I am a 44 male with the same issues. It started about 3-4 years ago wen I was driving I hit a dip in the road and thought I was going to pass out. Ever since then symptoms have gotten worse. As I am sitting here typing this I feel like my head is in a vise and someone is turning it tighter. Pressure on both sides of my head. If had burning in my left cheek, numb sensations on the left side of my head, numb feeling running along the back of my head from left to right and right to left, pain in my left neck and shoulder. I've had stomache pains which I have been diagnosed with Acid Reflux and prescribed Nexium.

Sometimes when I turn my head or tilt it I hear grinding in my neck similar that sounds like there is sand in there. I go to sleep and wake with pains in my head like a pool of liquid has settled on the side my head is resting on. I have slight ringing in my left ear and pressure on and off on my left nostril. I have been to an ENT and been told I am a slightly deviated septum in the left nostril, had my hearing checked and been told that is fine.

I am at the point of trying anything - I may try to irrigate my nasal cavities with a medi-pot. I can live with the nasal and ear issues but the pressure and tingly in my head is driving me nuts.

I have also had some out of body experiences where I actually have almost blacked out - I saw floaters in my eyes and felt like I was having a stroke.

Its scary stuff but I have to keep plugging away to make a living to support my family. Sometimes I feel like curling up in a hole somewhere and just closing my eyes for good.

I'm convinced it is stress and the environment we live in. The air is so polluted and we are under constant stress throughout our daily routines.

I wish everyone luck in trying to overcome this dreaded unnamed disease we all suffer from.
The first time I had a panic attack was a few years ago. I felt like I was going to faint or something. It made me feel really weird. At the time I was taking Chantix to quit smoking. In the meantime I also had some respiratory issues while using Chantix so the doctor told me to quit taking it. Recently I was prescribed Wellbutrin SR to quit smoking and had been taking it for about 3 weeks then all of the sudden I was showing my supervisor how to do something at work and all of the sudden I felt this weird sensation in the right side of my head and felt like I was gonna faint or like I was having an aneurysm or something. It scared me to death. I also have weird sensations in my arms, feel like my legs are gonna give out on me, my neck hurts on the back, my head feels really weird, and I sometimes shake and get very cold. I went to our wellness center and saw the doctor and she told me it was a panic attack and prescribed me xanax which helped. Then last week I had another one and it came on all of the sudden again but this time I also felt nausea with it and they sent me home and told me to rest. Then it dawned on me that I didn't start having these attacks until about 3 weeks after I started taking the Wellbutrin so thats what I have linked it to so I stopped taking it last Tuesday (btw way when I went home that day I looked up the side effects of Wellbutrin SR and sure enough the first two under the "call your doctor immediately and stop use if you experience these symptoms" was anxiety and panic attacks) I don't have them every day but I don't like the way they make me feel. I too am a worry wart and have been on anti-anxiety meds for probably about 5 yrs. The most recent one being Effexor but I weaned myself off of it and have not been taking it for about 2 months so I don't think these weird feelings are from not taking that.I'm hoping that after the Wellbutrin is out of my system I will stop having these attacks. Btw does anyone know how long it takes for wellbutrin to get out of your system? I hope real soon!!! I do go to the doctor tomorrow to talk about this. I will keep you posted on what I find out!!!
Anxiety can be helped by meditation and Travel Calm Ginger
What is Travel Calm Ginger and where can I find it?
Thank you Norrock!!! Finally someone who had described exactly what I've been feeling! I have episodes where everything starts to look fake. Up until now I've just described it as being lightheaded because I didn't know how else to describe it. I also get the tightness in my head, wacky heartbeats and feeling of impending doom. I just want to feel normal again!!!!
Have any of you ever been tested for Lyme disease by someone who is Lyme literate!????  I have been having health issues for the past 8 years starting with feeling ill and exhausted for months.  I was only 24 at the time and had to nap every day during work and was used to working out during lunch!  I started having anxiety attacks, chest pain etc etc.  Doctors started me on allergy meds and anti-depressant/anxiety meds.  I hated the fact that I had to take that but I couldn't deal with it on my own.  Started to feel better for a few years then anxiety/panic attacks came back.  After having a child I started getting this weird feeling that everything around me was moving.  It would only last a few seconds.  Over the past 6 or 8 months the vertigo started happening more frequently and lasting longer.  I've gotten the head sensations.  I would feel super jittery sometimes but it was internal.  I would feel numbness/tingling on my face/forehead.  I get adrenaline rushes that last extended amounts of time.  I get super light headed a lot and feel head pressure.  Anyway long story short I went to doctor after doctor because all they ever wanted to do was prescribe some anti-depressant or anxiety meds.  I KNEW there was some underlying cause.  Well I went to a Naturopathic doctor a few months ago and was diagnosed with Lyme disease.  There are SO many different symptoms that Lyme can cause and mimic other diseases.  I highly suggest going to www.igenex.com and asking for a kit to send blood work to them.  They specialize in testing for Lyme which A LOT of doctors know nothing about.
hi how are you feeling now i feel the same way like iam lossing my mind how iam iam going to continue my life like this is my symptoms ever going to get better please reply back i need help
I have these strange sensations in my head also but they are more like pulsating sensations.  They come and go whenever; it could be every ten seconds or it could be minutes or hours apart, and the feeling goes all the way from the front to the side and to the back at different times.  It really scares me because I'm not sure what is wrong with  me! It feels like someone is tapping the inside of me head or at times a slight pressure.  Other times it feels like a rush type feeling.  It's very hard to explain!!! Either way, I feel like I am losing my mind or dying.. I have really bad anxiety and panic disorder but lately these fellings in my head have gotten way worse just when  I though my anxiety was getting better?! I'm so confused and very nervous!!
loool i get that retarded feeling .. burning sensations on head, tension, sleep disruption (occasionally) defiantly in the middle of a "its a brain tumor im telling you!" faze daily headaches that last most of the day,stabbing ear pains, dark circles around my eyes ect. i feel like losing my mind but refuse to take prescriptions ...sometimes i try to meditate to clear my mind but the pains usually linger. Drink some green tea or walk the dog. i hate when you tell a doctor one thing then they tell you another based on your look and a description you stuttered out amist a slight tremble or panicky state when if you could only articulate it all into one condition they'd understand its an underlying condition they've failed to recognize.. the way i see it is everyone has there bad days but ultimately time will kill us all so the best thing we can do is spit in its face and say give me your best shot. mind over mater even if we are losing our minds and to the rest of the world this doesn't seem to matter.. this makes me wanna quit my job at times .. im 20 years old, loblaws night clerk.
wierd stuff um i feel a wierd sensation too and i really hate it im 17 and it pisses me off and concers me, what i feel is pretty close to what the guy posted. if this involves anxiaty well i did have an anxeiaty attack two years ago it was freaky as hell. I researched on brain caner but the symptoms didnt really seem to add up to mine i wonder what happen to me??
oh yeah and i feel it in the left side of my head
Hi I have almost the same problems I can't sleep I'm scared Im not going to wake up. My heart races pounds they say palpitations do to anxiety....panic attacks my throat gets tight I feel like electric shocks are going through my face fingers an feet. I have a balance prob I gained hella wait I feel sick they say its normal there is nothing normal about thissome times I can't speak like I'm having a strokebut the er says its nothing ......help
I get it mostly at night I hate it is a weird feeling in my head that causes me to get nauseated I don't have insurance to get thoroughly checked out any suggestions
I have a weird feeling in my head, i can hardly stand it. i feel like im not here but i really am. i get tinkly sensations. my eyes feel like there crossing i don't know if they are or not. i have anxiety problems. i just hope it's nothing life threatening im only 18... i have mrsa if you know what that  is. i get this tired feeling were I HAVE to lay down and try and sleep or i feel like ima pass out. i hope it's just anxiety. i have ALOT of headaches. i just started taking Zoloft, i was on Xanax for awhile, but i have horrible nerves and anxiety so i have to take Zoloft in the morning and Xanax at night, I tell my doctor and all she says is it's anxiety... should I get a second opinion. I'm VERY scared  !
I get these tingly feeling in my head, my eyes feel funny and even almost hurt I lay in bed i feel like im moving..  Its so crazy.. then i get so nervous from it i end up with anxiety attacks. .. Such a vicious cycle.  it makes my sinus area hurt an the back of my neck..  I wish i knew ways to get through this.
I like your comment.  I was thinking to myself I need to send all my worries to God.  I think your comment was meant for me.  Thank you.  I will send all my worries to God.  
Wow I've read just about all these stories and I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes cause I thought I was all by myself!!! I just feel like Imma go crazy cause I'm so tired of feeling like this. So like you all I can do is take to God, I know for sure He knows the problem and what we all are going through I'm just waiting on the answer!!! Thanks everyone for not making me feel all by myself!!!
i;m reading all this and my symptons are some what similar it always starts with my head my nose always feels like theres blood rushing through it my head sometimes feels like i got a head rush out of no where could be juss sitting there doing nothing i get bad sweats and clammy hands and feet even when i feel cold sometimes my legs hurt i start thinking the worst and not want to sleep because i'm scared i might not wake up its been like this since i was 22 i am now 27 i haven't been able to see doctors because when i try go in for it they juss send me home or i get that felling in the middle of my face u kno when ur swimming and u accidently get water up ur nose and that feeling u get after its like kinda sharp these feeling are so hard to explain i could be doing nothing juss watching a movie and i could start feeling really rank and its usually all in the head area my eye sometimes feels funny i honestly don't know what to do anymore because i can't even find a doctor that will listen to me explain fully about how i feel and this is sometimes a daily thing and i hate constantly taking painkillers for probably something i might not even have to take them for but i don't know
HI MY NAME IS EBONY, I'M 32  YRS OLD I JST HAD MY THIRD N LAST BABY BUT THE ISSUES THT I'M HAVING ARE, MY BP IS STILL REALLY HIGH, I FEEL DIZZY ALMOST ALL DAY LONG, MY EYES HURT N FEEL LIKE I COULD BE GOING BLIND, I'M ON TWO DIFF KINDS OF BP MEDS N MY PRESSURE STILL ISN'T UNDER CONTROL. I SOMETIMES GET FUNNY FEELINGS N MY LEGS,  I'M A WORRY WARD ALMOST ALL THE TIME N NOTHING HAPPENS BU THIS TIME I REALLY FEEL LIKE SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH ME,  I HAVE THREE KIDS TO LIVE FOR MY OLDEST IS 17 MY MIDDLE ONE IS 10 N MY BABY IS 8 WEEKS. IM JST REALLY PRAYERFUL I'M HOPING THESE DR'S FIND WATEVA IS WRONG WITH ME B4 IT'S TO LATE. IF NE ONE HAS EXPERIENCED NE OF THESE SYPTOM (symptom) PLEASE LET ME KNOW I NEED UR HELP. THANKS
Tony, (and anyone else experiencing tingling, or flushing feelings in head, arms, and legs),

Your home could be to blame.  I suffered from mold toxicity.  Got out of the house.  This is a very real, very dangerous illness.  Please go to moldmissionary.org if you have symptoms that Dr.'s can't explain!!  Thank you, and God bless!
i have the same symptoms. mine got so bad i admitted myself into the mental hospital because i was afraid id kill myself. i was just released today all the dr did was up my lexapro from 20mg to 25 this is my first day on 25 i still feel mentally uncomfortable pins and needles all over mild pain in my chest just unable to relax at all.
All of your stories are bringing me to tears. I have recently starting having weird headaches, numbness and pain. Ever since I moved to Philadelphia I feel as though I was doing so much to get on my feet and take care of my two kids, that I didn't have time to think about health. Now that hings are kind of getting better I feel a sense of what if something happens to me, what will happen to my kids. I cant even sleep at night for fear that I will not get back up, because of all these weird feeling I've been having. I seen my doctor and he thinks its migrains and anxiety, I ve been to the ER from a dizzy spell had a CT done it came back neg, I switched my doctor to another onebecause I feel like he doesn't listen to me. So im due for a follow up exam with my new doctor and she is going to address all my concerns. Im so happy to come on here and see  list of individuals who suffer from th grief of dealing with this. I cant ever remeber having these feelings but for the past 6 or so months. I just want to be my old happy self again. I hate the pressure and pain behind my eyes, I want to rule any serious condictions out  the rib cage pain neck and head pain Im just ready to be able to go to bed and not think about dying. As I writethese words to guys Im crying cause even though we all are in agony I feel happy to know Im not alone or crazy
I'm 32 yr old female n have been having all these symptoms. Pressure n coldness feeling on the top of my head, tingling around my mouth n in my extremities, heavy chest/ can't breath, scared n thoughts of dying, just weird sensations in my body.. I've been going to an acupuncturist Have only went twice so far n it has seemed to help a great deal.. Still have episodes once n a while but they are less.. Anyone having these problems should try seeing an acupuncturist it may help.
OK wow, I had the same problem when I was pregnant.... Dont take anti anxiety drugs though... so many things can go wrong with that stuff and I would be safe rather than sorry. You dont want anything to happen to the baby... All the stuff u had happened happened to me to, the grandpa dying... bfs grandma dying all when I was 6 months... I got through it. Exercise a lot make your boyfriend massage you... I never did that and I wish i would of! I feel like I have a brain tumor too and it stresses me out more! Ugh... but youll get through it. Hopefully it gets better for you because so far its just been worse for me after having my baby... haha hope you find some relief.
hey everyone, my name is victor and i am 22 yrs old. I avoid going in elevators not because i am afraid of them but because when it moves up or down i feel like my brain wants to explode! ...i also get the same feeling when i am in a car only when its reversing fast. i immediately get a migraine headache and i feel a strong pressure like its sweezing my brain.....and i sometimes scream out for the driver to stop because i really feel like my head is going to bust open and im about to die. Its really embarassing because ppl sometings think i am weird and i just dont knw how to explain this feeling to them. I have not seen any medical personnel about this problem because i simply dont knw how to explain this to them. i sometimes wish that it would just go away, its stressing me out and its bothering me from achieving my academic goals.
I have been explaining to my doctor for 10 years that I have a feeling in my head like I need to cry but cant, it is actually like the physical feeling you get in your head when you are about to cry but it is there all most days on and off.  sometimes it will progress to a headache wich i actually prefer to the crying feeling.  If i do cry i feel some relief for a short time but then it will come back, it isnt that I cant cry, I can, it is just the best way to describe it.  sometimes it feels like literally I want to take my brain out and clean it and put it back in.  my shrink has said he thinks it is a form of anxiety, there is absolutley nothing wrong in my life, I have no depression, but this feeling has always been my underlying problem.  I never felt it until I started taking ssri's 10 years ago, I am now on an snri and all depression has gone but once again head feeling is still there,  I am almost posotive that when my head is clear and empty of anti depressants it will go away, funy that i never had it before I was on anti depressants.  Has anyone had this or got any ideas, I am going back to my shrink so see what I can do, it doesnt disable me or stop me doing my job or getting on with life, but I hate it being there all the time, I am sure obsessing about it doesnt help but I just want it t go, any advice? sometimes the feeling goes into my throat x
I have the weirdest feelings in my head and so so scared.
I get dizzy and unbalanced feeling and like I am about to faint which can go on for hours.  I also feel like my head is being squeezed and like I have palpitations in my head.  Loads of others symptoms but the head stuff is the worst and I now feel terrified most of the time.
sounds so familiar!
thank you!!!! sometimes my head feels so light and heavy!!!
omgoodness! my panic disorder began when i began to lose weight!!!
I just feel so weird and panicky and scared all the time too.  Care to make contact for some mutual support Norock?
I meant to type anyone sorry.
I have a few suggestions. One it may well be anxiety. Two inner ear problems (labyrinthitis) or sinus problems. Three. Migraine aura without the headache. Four: Medication related either being on them or coming off them. Five: Neck injury. Six: Neurological ie go to a neurologist and have the brain scans etc just to be on the safe side. Seven: Electrical hypersensitivity ....do these symptoms come on after using a mobile phone? When you have been around a dect phone? If you have a dect phone remove it from your house for a few weeks and see if symptoms get better. Does it get worse around Wifi or after being on the computer for a long time? Eight: Get your B12 levels checked and ask for the number. If your levels are low you may need B12 injections.

I had similar experiences and I've solved and sorted it out now. I had pernicious anaemia which caused problems with my immune system which made me electrosensitive. I also had some wierd symptoms with labyrinthitis.
Hi i so agree with what you are saying ..i had a starnge feeling in my head ,and i could not talk right..i had alot of stress in my life at this time ...so i went to the doctors as soon as she told me it was stress that feeling went right away ...so dont focus on it..they are just feeling ...oh i forgot i also strating reading selfhelp book which helped so much ...one book that really helped was ...feel the fear and do it anyway ...so from my heart to yours stop worrying u live once enjoy xx
Hi, I'm 15. I've also had these sensations. I had it on the right side of my face/head first. But it went away. I kind of feel this sensation sort of in my face. Burning or it feels like pieces of hair is dangling in my face. Have you went and reported this? If so, let me know what it is. Thanks.,
yep i can relate.The tight feeling in the head like i have something resting on it.My neck feels stiff,i get the shakes,cold chills,hot flushes,woozy feeling like vertigo,my stomach feels full and i cant eat.I get wind and constipated,head aches,blurry vision,heart races and pulpitations,hot rush across my chest, moody,insomnia or extreme tiredness,body aches, respiration problems,dry mouth,frequent urinating, tingly sweaty hands,nausea and probably heaps more that i cant think of right now. I have suffered for 6 years now,since i had my daughter. They think my body went into a state of shock from my pregnancy and put me into a menopause. I am used to it now but at first i didnt know how to deal with it at all.I sat outside early one morning cos i couldnt stop shaking and had to get up and walk around and just wanted to hang myself from my kids swing set frame.I could not deal with it.I went to therapy to learn how to relax and it was great.It was called ACT therapy.You learn to acknowledge what is happening, accept it is happening and breathe through it. I still get most of the symptoms monthly,i still think it is hormone related because of the times of the month i get the symptoms.If i have a heavy period that goes for a few days i will have less symptoms.I f i have a normal one I get more severe symptoms.This month was one of those.I have had the chills again,my neck is so stiff and sore, i am so cold and the head tight,lots of pulpitaions,hot flushes and woozy feelings.I hate it bit live with it as best i can.I tries Lexapro but ended up in ER with my heart nearly exploding.not sure if i worked myself up so much about taking it or had a reaction, I get scared taking even panadole these days let alone any ant anxiety meds.I hope it will one day pass but due to having to go through menopause yet i am dreading what will happen then.
Hello everyone, First of all I just want to say that I know how many of you feel becuz I started getting these weird feelings in my head, numbness and tingly, since 2007.  Before that I would get this feeling that someone was pouring cold water on my head.  At that time (over 15 years ago) my doctor said that I could have been having a form of epilepsy. A couple of times I got so dizzy that I passed out. My doc said that he suspected that I had vertigo. (dr's always try to take the easy way out when they don't know whats going on) Anyway, in late 2007 I started getting these other weird feelings in my head, throat tightness, hoarsness, and I even developed a soft spot on the top of my head! I had also gained 18 pds in 3 weeks.  My doctor didn't know what would cause that but maybe thyroid issue and ove aperiod of 2 months I had 5 thyroid tests done.  The results were up and down. I had some bloodwork done and the ANA (for autoimmune disease) test came back positive. Had to see a rhumotoid doc, and I saw a neurologist.  My MRI showed white patches.  Doc said that this is something you see w/patients who have MS, but that mine were not in the area that someone with MS would have them in. My EEG was normal. He said I would need a yearly MRI to check for any changes. I had another one a year later, and no change. The rhumotoid doc said that I had mixed connective tissue disease and I was on med for abt 6 months but then got real sick with the flu and quit taking the med because I didn't like how it made me feel. I wound up moving a year later and started seeing a new rhumotoid doc who said that in her opinion I diidn't have an autoimmune disease cuz if I had been w/o my meds this whole time I would have been really bad off, at that time, healthwise. She said that it appears that I got a really bad viral infection at some time and that it attacked my thyroid and that any ANA test that I get done will be positive. (??) Needless to say that I was very confused.  I remembered that in late 2008 I had an Iris Analysis done (where a specialist looks in your eyes, or takes a pic of your iris, and can tell you whats going on with you) and he told me that the reason I had an up-n-down thyroid problem earlier that year was due to parasites attacking my thyroid.  I mentioned this to the rhumotoid doc and she looked at me like that was too far-fetched an idea.  I believe him as he was  right about everything else he told me so why not that!.  I wanted a 3rd opinion and just recently, after having symptoms come back again and feeling nauseated, etc for the past 3 weeks, I went to a new rhumotoid doc who ran a battery of bloodwork.  Currently waiting on results and have a follow-up appt with her, and a new neurologist, next week. Too many times, conventional docs don't think "outside the box" and they are too quick to diagnose people with anxiety or depression.  Well, when you have physical symptoms that doctors can't figure out why or whats causing them, yeah, that'll cause anxiety and depression.  But that doesn't mean that is what we are initially suffering from.
Hi everyone. I have been looking up these symptoms for my partner as he is really worried he has a brain tumour. He has OCD and anxiety and I am so relieved that it appears that this is all related. Although, like a lot of you it is hard to believe that such physical symptoms can be the result of anxiety. Thank you all for sharing your info as it has really helped and has made me feel a lot better about what he is going through and that it is not something so serious, but he can be helped and supported through this!
I also suffer from anxiety. I teeth started having weird symptoms; feels like my eyes are pulsating, I feel like my insides are shaking (especially in my head/facial area), my body twitches and jerks. I'm not sure if this is due to my new med. Started taking 20 mg of Prozac 3 wks ago. These symptoms started one evening after taking my meds and having a bad headache. Probably just a coinincidence. I'm a new mom and suffering from postpartum depression. I've always had anxiety and panic attacks. Anyone else experience these symptoms???
Please could you give me the name of your blog as I would like to share my head problem.

Thank you
J
Hi, was wondering if anyone could help me. I've had anxiety for about 4 months, and the panic attacks have become less frequent. but for the past month or so, its started to affect my head and vision. My head feels fuzzy all the. time, and my vision is constantly unfocused or just 'not right'. I wouldn't be worried if it was now and again, but its all the time. My doctor thinks its because I have low blood pressure and gave me tablets, but they've stopped working and the symptoms are the same. I just wanna. make sure it is anxiety, it worries me so much! If anyone has this, or has had it and its gone, pleeease let me know, I'm sick of feeling dizzy and strange all the time. Thanks x
I have also had the heavy head feeling, my head feels fuzzy, heavy & as if I've been out drinking the night before, my vision sometimes goes blurry too, this has only happened recently but more often & my neck hurts & I get panic & anxiety attacks and i get vertigo too. the dizzyness seems to get worse with a panic attack. I have a very stressful job which I feel is one of the major contributors of this, quite often I feel overwhelmed by things.   By reading that other people gets these symptoms makes me feel better in the knowledge that other gets this too.  I've attended stress classes and they helped to an extent but having a busy stressful job doesn't help. It would be good if anyone could give me some advice on how they cope with this, however I do find that taking vitamins to boost your nervous system helps, like omega 3
Anxiety is the problem. Read more about anxiety and what do you need to change your life and get a better life http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/anxiety-disorders/treatment-of-anxiety-disorders.shtml

Don't Worry Be Happy!
I've had this for 2 months too, it feels like cold water is being sprayed onto my head, it feels hot and cold sometimes but I think it's connected to my neck and when that hurts it's sore but  I used to have anziety attacks for years and also benign arithmia (missing heartbeats) and this always happens just before christmas because I get so excited, I thought it was satsumas but I haven't had any this year, it must be anxiety but the good thing is I was worried I had a brain tumour so now I know it's anxiety I can relax a bit.
All the BEST people get anxiety, that's what I think, my sensitive friends are the best, think of that when you feel anxious, it's ONLY happening because you are lovely! Julie x
I feel the same as most of you... afraid all the time.. numbness, weird head pains for 3-30 seconds.. numbness, panic attacks, feeling like im going to die.

Constantly worried that im gunna die...

Ive spent my life savings over the past 2 years trying to get an answer, to no avail, and now I am broke..

They suggested it was all in my head, and i went to a counceler, and he said that i wasnt crazy...

Then i see people who say "dont brush it off as anxiety, keep searching"

But maybe that's the anxiety talking... "It cant be just my nervousness"?

I did alleviate my chest pain symptom my cutting out citrusy things and carbonated beverages. No tomatoes or tomato products.. No pop or sparkling drinks.

It *****, but the chest pains are not worth it.

Now im dealing with the random pains and nervousness :|

I dont know. Im scared all the time of dying.. It really.. really.. ***** :|
I am amazed at everyone's post here.  I too experienced a lot of what everyone was experiencing.  I was told I had anxiety, but I knew it wasn't true and kept pushing for answers.  Had numerous MRI's and CT Scans which were all normal.  All bloodwork was also normal.  Saw a lot of specialists and no one could explain why I had very unusual symptoms.  

Quess what it was??  It may explain a lot of everyone's symptoms here and you wouldn't even think about this one since doctors don't scan for it if your bloodwork is normal.

It's your THYROID!!!  My levels were normal but one of the MRI's found a nodule and it turned out to be cancerous.  

The only way to find out is if you have an ultrasoud.  

Find a different doctor if they tell you it's anxiety.  Your thyroid can cause all sorts of strange and weird stuff.  It affects your entire body.  
you need a thyroid ultrasound?

Cuz they did a lot of bloodwork tests on my thyroid, and said it was fine...
I've been free of depression and anxiety for quite some time now. Fear is the catalyst of both. It start a process with your body generating all the chemicals used in fight or flight and over a period of time this exsposure to those chemicals makes you sick and more prone to anxiety and depression. Xanax over time causes similar symptoms that it is supposed to relieve. How do I know ? Because I went through it and you can too! Stay the course with your doctor,but your mind was made to heal itself. Think on these things..
I have suffered from anxiety for 2 years, ever since i was pregnant with my second baby. I started getting strange sensations in my head, mainly on the right side, almost feels like a tugging or pressure behind my right eye, and sometimes it will go towards the back or top of my head, also i have a tender spot close to my right temple. I also have TMJ, so i am hoping that that is why i have that spot that is tender. I went to the doc and finally got medication about a week ago, but it is not agreeing with me very well, makes my stomach have knots in it, even when i do eat with it. When i have anxiety attacks most of the time it will hit me all at once, in the evening. I will feel like i cant take a deep enough breath, cant swallow, and just an out of place feeling. I am so tired of feeling like this! I just want to live me life and not worry constantly about everyone else and myself. The past couple of nights i have been positive that i have a brain tumor, but dont want to go to the doctor because i am pretty sure they will think i am crazy! Anxiety runs in my family, my mother and both sisters have it, and one sister is convinced she is a hyprochondriac. Does anyone have any advice, should i have an MRI to make sure everything is ok? Or just let it go?
I've had similar feelings in my head.. My temples hurt at times but noticed its from my jaw unconiously tightening.. And I've gotten the lighter headed feeling.. Where you feel like your floating but aren't and get the sakes like I'm cold but nit it just feel flush like I'm warm as hell .... just thought I was crazy but feel better knowing people get the same and it that there might be some differences with others at times.
as sad as it may sound we are all suffering from depression enexity it such evil deases but this what happenes when we stress and we don't talk about it or release it I've had heart surgery for svt when I was 25 and now I'm suffering from depression and enexity it never ends we all just have to be strong and put ourselves in happy place do things that make u happy try natural medicines I'm not natural medicines there amazing one is st john wart natural anti drepresant and there a lot of black mores vitiums that have for enexity depression anti drepresants should always be.last resort I took anti drepresant 14 days I was in hospital because of side effects so please u have be strong mentally when u feel ur having thoughts or pain discomfort just say to yourself I'm going. to be ok the mind is so powerful how it can take over us physically mentally I'm so happy that I've rryes natural way if any of u suffering from muscle tension please go and do aucopuntre it fantastic from first time u get results my was that bad I was screaming from pain yoga excellent for panic attacks and depression
My symptoms are just this pressure on my head and feeling shaky and cold, my heart races, I turn pale, stomach problems, etc.  I had a hard time accepting that it was all due to anxiety .. I was sure it was cancer or some terrible disease.
I aswell get the same symptoms all of you seem to get. I've had anxiety for quite sometime and learning how to cope. What I do know is drugs mask the problem and doctors prescribe to make money.this is cureable. Cognitive therapy seems to be the way to go. Easier said then done, it does take work so don't get discouraged keep hope people. Love and light :)
I have everything u have been feeling, its driving me crazy so I feel sometimes.. I also don't have insurance which makea things even worse
Omg i have all your symptoms. Im a 13 year old female, the doctors just said it was Anxiety. That sometimes you get weird symptoms with no causes. Im now goung to see a sychologist and that should help, but if it doesnt im going to have to start taking meds. So i sugest going to a sychologist, they should find the source and help you.
Hey I just got done from being pretty sick its been about a week now since then and now I'm having the same weird tingly feeling in my head and whenever I lay on one side my ear and that side of my face begins to feel extremely hot the only times I feel comfort is super early in the morning when I'm really exhausted and just pass out from lack of sleep
Wow you have symptoms very similar to mine. I keep getting these strange pressure sensations in my head. It feels like someone is squeezing my brain from the top and the bottom. I also get this weird feeling when I drink and eat that my brain is being pushed downward from the inside. It is really strange and hard to explain. My head feels like this everyday, and yes I feel like there is a book on top of my head and sometimes the sides and front of my head. I am also low income and have only gone to the ER where they did a CT and found that I had a small infected sphenoid sinus and that was it. I have had many sinus infections in the past and I know what sinus pressure feels like and what I am feeling in my head is definitely not sinus pressure. Then they put me on antibiotics for it. But I know there is something else going on in my head that they have not diagnosed. I feel this pressure everyday and am so tired of it and so scared of what it could be. I am always scared to fall asleep because of it too. I don't have any medical insurance right now so I can't even get in to see a Neurologist to get an MRI. I am worried everyday and my anxiety has kicked into full gear over this. I like many others that suffer from anxiety tend to try to google what my head problem might be and there are so many things it is really scary!! I just want to find out what it is so that I can stop being so scared and paniced!
Alnan commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
7 mins ago
nursegirl6572 commented on nursegirl6572's status
1 hr ago
blockhead123 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...