Anxiety Community
Welcome to the Anxiety Forum

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Welcome to the Anxiety Forum

WELCOME TO THE ANXIETY FORUM!
Welcome everyone to the Anxiety Forum. This is the place to come if you have questions or concerns about anxiety/panic, related medications and their side effects and recovery.

Some of our members have been living with anxiety and related disorders for years, while others are new to the waiting rooms of psychiatrists/therapists and the rainbow of medications available to treat our various conditions.

Regardless of what brings you here, welcome!

Be sure to check out the "Health Pages," you'll find the link in the upper right hand corner of your screen. Health Pages address topics related to Anxiety/Panic and among the pages you will find a list of common anxiety related acronyms. It's a great resource!

Once you have looked around, why not create a profile and tell us a little about yourself? Your profile can be as simple or as complex as you like. You will meet people from around the world and have the opportunity to learn from, and help, others who share our same concerns. Once you've created a profile, check out "My Med Help" at the top of the page and check out the many great features and setting options that are available.

Consider posting on a current thread, or starting one of your own. Don't worry; you'll get the hang of it quickly! You can also track how you feel from day to day with the mood tracker located on the top right hand of the page. Along with this, there is also an anxiety tracker, which of course is perfect for this forum.  Just like with your mood you will be able to track your progress throughout your journey with us here on the forum.  

If you've got something on your mind, please don't be shy or embarrassed! Most of us have "been there and done that!" THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS! We are ALL here to learn!

Get acquainted with other members.....there are several ways to do this. You can scroll over a persons name and "Add a Friend," this allows you to send notes and gives that person access to your journals. Do you want to speak privately with another member? Send a Private Message (PM).   Again, simply scroll over their name and click on "Send Message." Only have a minute but want to welcome a new member? Congratulate someone, wish someone a better day or give someone a 'cyber-hug', then scroll on their name and click on "Send a Note."  Again, welcome to the forum!

Greenlydia and CJ29

Thanks for the warm welcome.  I have been a Medhelp member since my colon resection 6 months ago.  I have also been a clinical depressive since age 9 ( am 51 now ) and have suffered from anxiety, as well.  Since my surgery the anxiety has really manifested itself big time.  I worry constantly about my health, recovery, etc.,.  Anyway, it is great that you have this forum and again, thanks for the welcome.
Hi..........I'm really glad you found our forum and let me apologize for taking so long to get back with you. Summer is a time we get a bit "lazy" with things and we need to remind ourselves that folks have issues every day.

Did your colon resection go as planned? How is your recovery coming along? I assume you have been to your doctor for follow up exams.........what do they have to say? I can understand how this type of surgery would cause a flare in your anxiety. I trust you are talking to your doc about ALL of your feelings. They should be able to reassure you about your recovery and if they aren't, you need to get in their face and get the answers you deserve. If you are seeing your surgeon for follow up care, they are notorious for a bedside manner of "treat 'em and street 'em," and to hell with your emotional needs!  

You say you have been clinically depressed since the age of 9. Are you seeing a doctor and therapist for this? Are you on any medication for the depression?

Since the anxiety has increased since the surgery, it may be a good time for a visit with your PCP and discuss this with him/her. Perhaps a short course of an anti-anxiety med may be just what you need right now while you cope with your recovery.

Doctors these days are so overwhelmed with seeing as many patients a day as they can, you really need to get pro-active about your care and not leave their office until you are satisfied that all your questions and concerns have been adequately addressed. You may be their patient, but they work FOR YOU. If they aren't doing their job, it's your right to fire them and find someone who will do the job right. You deserve the very best health care and you should demand you get it.

Keep us posted, OK? And write whenever you need to, we'll try to do better about getting back to you sooner!
Peace
Greenlydia
again thanks for the warm welcome, i love this website, i've obtained more info then searching around myself or just asking around(where i'm @) do you suffer from aniexty(i only read a short bit of what you wrote?)
awesome INTRO INTO THIS 'TOUCHY' SUBJECT..TO SAY THE LEAST..... the thread on weather its a 'mental illness' or not was VERY good...BUT i say "Even if it IS(& it is classified in the DSM-IV as a MENTAL-ILLNESS ( I VIEW IT AS A dissorder, AS I DO MY BI-POLAR....I THINK A DISORDER is more appropriate when its a MISSING CHEMICAL ur dealing with, as opposed to a more DESTROYED Physcial organ/tissues BUT that my 2 Cents worth!) and with ur awesome intro Cj29, into all the things we can do for it...i dusted off my 6 yr old, and my refresher stuff(yr and a half) on MY Anxiety Dissorder Personal Notes from One-on-One and even the notes i took when talking to trusted friends... I Mean My PTSD/Anxiety Attacks were unpredictable as to whom or where or what,,,,ORSO I THOUGHT!!! we found , literally, dozens of triggers for them..NOWDAYS i Rarely have to leave the store because i see sandbag barricades, and people in combat gear dissapearing around the edges of the asiles, or glanceat a young teen-ager, and see him  inna blood splattered unoiform, and then not be able to breath,,,my chest so tight i thought i was dying there..... Thank GOD i HAVE A PARTNER that we share everything, and she could spot the signs of N ATTACK...SHE HELPPED WITH THE TRIGGERS  even! aND SHE WOULD GET ME BACK TO THE TRUCK,,,SAT DOWN...SMOKE A BIT...TAKE A pain pill( YES SOMETIMES IT WAS JUST BECAUSE OF AN ELEVATED pain-level) BUT IT REALLY TOOK ME 2 SESSIONS OF 9 MONTHS 2-TIMES A WEEK AT THE va AND A SECOND SESSION OF 3 MONTHS 4.5 YRS LATER, JUST TO brush up ON IT..im soo sorry about the caps..i cant type and look at the same time ...yet...lol BUT the point here is , at least in MY CASE, the Anxiety Attacks were able to be FACED with the 4 step method in the forums, and the first 2 definately were the hardest....accepting the fear, and letting it flow 'Past, Thru, Around, and AWAY from you" usuelly, after i got the hang of the problem, i was BACK AT WHAT I WAS DOING w/in 15 minutes.....i also found logging what i felt(in order) and what i did to stop it in a diary(with MOOD CHARTING) helped..i could REVIEW and ,hopefully, desensitize THAT Particular "BUTTON" if u will.... WELL i have to update some profile...i can tell from my last 4 hours in this website it will be a DAILY VISIT!!! thanks CJ keep it up!
Thanks for this forum :) It seems like no matter who you go to, someone always gives you a dirty look or a negative comment when you mention anything like a mental condition, antidepressants, anxiety, panic attacks, benzidiazepines.. anything like that. It's comforting to know that theres a place like this on here, you all seem like amazing people and i hope i can keep t his comfortable feeling here.
Hi.  Thanks for the encouragement.  Yes, I am under the care of a psychiatrist.  I also have a PCP, as well, but my shrink is the one who manages my care.  We recently had to make a med adjustment as I experienced what he called "Zoloft failure".  I was put back on Celexa (60mg daily) plus I take Klonopin TID.  I seem to be doing better.  My surgeon ordered a CT scan and all results came back normal.  Also, thanks for reinforcing my need to be more proactive.  I am firing my GI, who I have had for about 12 years as he thinks I'm just this neurotic woman.  He had the gall to ask me, in my first follow up with him...)mind you he was not involved whatsoever in my surgery, as I found out he does not have priveleges, any longer, where I had it done) "Why do I feel the need to be sick, is it for attention?".  I have a BS in Psych and am a teacher so a little familiar with mental illness.  I responded no, I think it is a false sense of control  ha ha. I told my shrink and he agrees with me.  Anyway, thanks so much and I will keep you posted.
I HAVE SEVERE SEVERE ANXIETY I AM TAKIN EFFEXOR XR. THE FIRST MONTH WAS HORRIABLE  I HAD BAD SIDE EFFECTS BUT THAN IT GOT GOOD AND I STARTED FEELING NORMAL AGAIN I GET OCASSIONAL PANIC ATTACKS AND THIS WEIRD SENSATION ALMOST LIKE THERE IS ICY HOT  ALL OVER MY BODY AND ITS TINGLY AND WEIRD WHAT IS THAT ??????? AND LAST WEEK I HAD A SEVERE ATTACK CAUSE IT FEELS LIKE THERE IS A LUMP IN MY THROAT AND ITS TIGHT I DONT KNOW Y   BUT I FREAK OUT AND ENDED UP IN THE EMEREGENY ROOM. THE WEIRD THROAT THANG HAS NOT GONE AWAY WHAT IS IT THE DOC SAID ITS NORMAL BUT **** IT HAS NOT GONE AWAY HE PERSCRIBED ME XANAX AND WHEN I WAS THERE HE GAVE ME ATIVAN WHICH  A WHILE BACK A DOCTOR GAVE ME I HAVE NOT TOOKIN EITHER ONE  YET THE ATIVAN DID MAKE ME EXTREMLY DROWSEY LIKE I WAS HIGH BUT THE  FEELIN WENT AWAY ITS BETTER TODAY BUT STILL ITS NOT TOTALLY GONE I WAS DOIN SO WELL WITH MY ANXIETY BUT NOW IT SEEMED TO SNEEK BACK UP ON ME AND USUALLY WHEN I HAVE AN ATTACK IT GOES AWAY BUT THAT TIME IT DIDNT

CAN U PLEASE HELP ANSWER MY QUESTIONS

SORRY I WROTE A BOOK LOL
I HAVENT REALLY BEEN ON THIS FORM BUT ONCE OR TWICE BUT I AM A 34 YR OLD MOTHER OF 4 WITH A SEVERE MANIC DEPRESSIVE/BI~POLAR DISORDER. 7 YEARS I GOT HOOKED ON DRUGS BY A PERSCRIPTION GIVIN TO ME BY A DR.!!!! 3YRS AGO I STARTED A METHADONE CLINIC AND GOT MY LIFE BACK AND MY FAMILY!!!! NOW I HAVE PANIC ATTACKS AND HORRIBLE NIGHTMARES! I HOPED THE ABILIFY THEY PUT ME ON WOULD HELP BUT NOW I HAVE REALLY BAD LEG AND ARM CRAMPS AND THEY SAY ITS SIDE AFFECTS! DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEM WITH THIS MEDICATION? IF SO WHAT DO YOU DO FOR IT? ANY ADVICE WILL HELP!!!!  :)
                                                                THANX, MARE~BEAR:)
You did not say  what  meds  you were hooked on--was it lorazepam? I just  sent in a note  about  that one--When I asked my Dr  if I could get hooked on  it--he says  at this point  -you are looking for relief--you should not be worried about getting  hooked on the med. Yes,  different  kinds of meds  can cause  cramps and leg pains  --I have a bad knee with no cartilage--need  a knee replacement, but scared to have it done. I suffer  these  cramps from  meds also.  side efects yes. i wake  up at night  with leg  cramps so bad I have to  get up and walk it off--so to speak. Try to  be as chemical free as you can live---especially with  4 children to rear. i know the panic  attacks are hard to live with-- I Had a friend  who had them  all her life --She finally found that xanex was the only thing that  helped  her with the panic attacks.  I  hope that  you will be able to  stay  off the drugs and  be free of the panic attacks --Sometimes the meds are worse than the  actual  ailment  being  treated
  Have a good day!
Lodow
i cant believe im here....i have anxiety all the time, but i can live with that.  its all ive ever known.  ive always had panic attacks.  theyre terrifying and i know that thats not normal to live with constantly.  i just want to establish myself in this group, bc ive gone through it ever since i remember, and i think that the scariest thing ever is not knowing whats going on medically with you.  as a nurse ive learned...... ill never know completely, nor understand, bc what we have to live with on a daily basis is just plain cruel...no one deserves nor understands it.  i only hope to sympathize with others and they do the same for me, and if i can answer any questions, awesome, if not, i Will find out.  the not know and waiting is cruel and unnecessary to us all.  My name is Jenna, and I have a problem with chronic anxiey.  please accept me.
I have found a online home & so happy for that!
I promise not to be anxious around you!  :-)

~V
Hi Jenna
I just wanted you to know im thinking of you and you are in my prayers.
I have been there,and know what you are going through,
            OXY
The forum is great and i've learnt quite a bit so far. Hope i can be here for a long time, at the site i mean. you guys are great!

Thank you,
Ame
Although I have not been officially diagnosed, it is safe to assume that I'm a big-time hypochondriac. My question is: is it normal for me to shift my focus from one disease to another as time goes by? A few years ago it was mainly cancer. Now, it's been STDs. I always practice safe sex but afterwards I freak out for long periods of time until I can get tested and then relax again.

Any ideas? Thanks
Hii thanks everyone.I am new to this website. i think its great .Ok I am 23 years old .
I am too anxious . My hands often shake when i notice my work is being seen or watched by some one. So the fear that i might shake my hand has always kept me away from doing many things . Stage fear is also too much for me .I am from india.
How can i overcome this???

Thank you
harikrishnan

Hi, Thanks for the welcome; new to this website.  I am 23 years old and have been suffering from anxiety for the past 4 years, I have been on zoloft since.  Zoloft has worked, but I still do have my episodes.  I have an extreme fear of death, losing control, and choking.  I recently started seeing a pyschiatrist and bahavioral therapist <--- their awesome.  I have a lot of support from my husband, but my parents think that I am a "drama queen".  

I am so glad I found this community.  

Love,

Jani
Very well said . thank you
Thanks,for the welcome.I am such a lost cause..LOL..I hope i can get help here.:(
hello. thought i had already joined this one, but guess not. diagnoses (past, present and future) include depression, anxiety disorders, ocd, ptsd, and chemical dependence.
I am so glad that i came across this site tonight.. I have only been suffering from extreme anxiety for about a week, i have had full panic attacks on and off. I am 26, married and have a 3 year old son, I attend collegs and i tutor anatomy and physiology and microbilogy, I am sick of thinking of all the things that can kill me, and if all my symptoms are truly due to anxiety, i quit the health feild..lol.. I was put on celexa today and it has made me feel awful.. and to JANI23 you could be my sister! i am the drama queen and fear dying, and think something awful is about to take me out, and i can't stand the thought of getting choked..
Anyway, everyone here is so great, and i pray ALL OF US WILL FIND A WAY TO BE THIS... best wishes to all, and thank u for letting me part of your community,
I could wish you the best or tell everyone general things about the anxiety issues we are going through.
   First of all, I want you, everyone, to be happy, to gain concious of your mind and body,and have a very honest friend. I  go through the same symtoms (symptoms). my hart begins beating faster, my hands start shaking, and my mind functions does not function properly. This happens only when i come across a group of people or general public, specially when i am been notice.  But a good supporting friend will libarate you from alot of this thought. Thant is why is crutial to have an honest friend.
Keep taking your medications and always think positive, standup against any obstacle, and keep trying.
You be laughing if you knew how much effort i have to make daily in order me to do my daily work. Not because there is no respect coming from you.  The reason is that when i talk to anyone, for the general part, I start having attacks, making people around me feel the same.  But , I armed my self steem and strong mind with my best notions and succeed.  
I always face my fears, yet is like climing a mountain on your back.
I am just like you, I also need support and some inpiration from you.
I wish you a sea of happiness,

Hello everyone, I've been having some concerns lately about an increasing anxiety issue I've been facing. I am a type A personality, age 15, female, recently diagnosed with minor tick disorder, sleep deprivation, and O.C.D. tendencies, and have been feeling excessively paranoid and anxious as of late. I am constantly looking over my shoulders, and am weary of everything around me. I am still paranoid in well-lit places, and cannot stop my restless mind. Any advice?
Thank you for the warm welcome.  This forum is warm, friendly and helpful.
Hi:
I'm glad I found this forum and that I am not alone in suffering from anxiety.
Thank you,
Jan09
my medications make me sleep all day :(  drifter0213
I am a mom of 5 year old twins.  I have been suffering from anxiety since I was 19 years old.  I am now 27 years old.  When I had my first panic attack, I was on my way home from work, still lived at home with parents going to college, and felt like I could not breath.  I thought I was having a heart attack.  I pull over at the gas station, jump out of the car, and asked the cashier to call 911 because I coouldn't breath.  It was terrible, embarrassing, and frightening.  The next day I went to my physician thinking that I may have asthma or something.  Every test checked out fine.  I was suffering from anxiety.  Now, I have been taking Paxil for 8 years, gained weight, and I am just not the girl I used to be.  I want to be the best wife and mom that I can be but sometimes anxiety gets in the way. My anxiety has gotten better but it is still a struggle.  Here is the weird part, I am a nurse.  I should be able to deal with this kind of thing.
Very happy to be a part of this great community! Hopefully we can all get through our anxiety step-by-step and day by day.
I'm very happy to have found this forum.  I have lots of questions and it's good to be able to chat with peopl that can relate to the same things I deal with too.  :)
Hi.  I have posted on this forum before and have a question.  I tried to access a few of the posts, particularly about the chatroom and keep getting a message that I have insufficient priveleges to view post.  Do you know why that is?  Thanks.  I have been on Med Help for over a year.
Hi everybody. :)
Thanks for the warm welcome to new people. It's really kind of comforting to know that there are a lot of other people who go through the same stuff I do.
this is my first time here as well and i think it will help me deal with my anxiety attacks and depression as well. it is great to see that i am not the only one alone in the world that has this issue. i used to feel that way and i used to feel that no one understands and that there is no where to go and no one to talk to because they could not relate to what i am going through and this site is such a relief for me. i hope we can all help each other in one way or the other to get through this process. it is not easy at all. i will pray for all of you and ask God to give everyone the peace and the answers they seek to have happy lives.
hello - this is my first ever post (let me know if I should be doing this somewhere else  - i'm a noob!)

i'm 23 and have suffered from anxiety and depression since i was 13 - i was on 60mg of citalopram for ages a few years back but stopped because i decided i could cope (a suicide attempt followed soon after!)

i'm now on valium (recently gone down from 50mg to 20mg daily), citalopram (20mg daily) and tomopax (building up to 200mg daily) - side effects are crazy and i don't feel human anymore - have lost loads of weight and was only 5ft 4 & 118lbs to start so i dread to think what i am now - i can't concentrate and have that awful vacant look about me - and I'm paranoid that i'm a guinea pig for this combination of drugs, but am a little scared to ask my shrink - is anyone else taking something similar?

(sorry for my rant!) anyway - from reading all of your posts everyone seems really honest and supportive of one another, so I'd really like to be involved if there's room for a small one.

best wishes to you all...
hey all i am new just posted a question really need answers panic attack and anxiety really awful since I stopped my klonipin (klonopin). I am thinking of going to the doctor and telling him to forget it, I want my life back and this is robbing me of my life, damn panic attacks.
Always question your psychiatrist.  They know very little about the meds they prescribe usually, it's hard to find a good one especially if on health insurance.  If you think the meds are affecting you adversely, you know yourself a lot longer than the shrink does.  I would ask though, how long have you been on them?  They do take some time to get used to.  The current rage in psychiatry is combining meds, since the dirty little secret is that double blind studies showed that neither meds nor therapy had a very good success rate.  Also realize that stopping the celexa itself could have caused suicidal thoughts, as part of withdrawal.  It's hard for you to know what causes what, and impossible for this stranger, the shrink, to know since he or she wasn't there.  Do always question them and be assertive, after listening to their explanation.  If they don't give an explanation, don't explain the possible side effects, and don't listen, get a new shrink.  But also realize that once you try suicide, you're going to get different treatment than before -- your doctors are trying to keep you alive and will err on the over-medication side rather than risk a lawsuit for not doing enough.  
Thanks for the welcome, so glad I found the forum.

If anyone has never had a panic attack or anxiety attack they do not know the living nightmare they can be.So friends and family just act like I am being silly, so glad to find a place to share my thought on this.
Thanks for the lovely welcome. I am sure this forum will be a great source of comfort for me.
Hi. i  think that i have anxitey because some times i feel like i can't breath, in the middle of both my breast it feels like it is tightening and i have to take a deep breath and calm down and put all the bad thoughts out of my head. My parents are both in the medical business and i asked them the same question and they say that i just have anxitey and my mom said since i have reflex that it could cause me to have feeling like that. This all didn't start until i started getting homeschooled and i had like all day to think of bad things that i might have. But i also sometimes can't breath if i think about it or if i am laying down. Please tell me whats wrong!

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!
I understand that High Anxiety can be caused by many things.
But Can Extreme Joy, Extreme Excitement, or Extreme Positive Feelings, Extreme Happiness,
Can they cause my anxiety attacks?

yes, i think all that can cause attacks. that sometimes happens to me.
thanks for the reply.
Does anybody know anything about zoloft? Have been prescribed it but never taken any anti-deppressants before in my life... Does it work? is there anyone out there who has taken it, been helped and hasnt gone back at later stages for re-occuring deppression and taken more meds? basically what i'm saying is...  has it cured anyone out there?
thanks
i'm really thankful to have found this site! I've had chronic pain stemming from Interstitial Cystitis for 6yrs, and some Mental Illnesses have "popped up" due to this. I had a really rough time of it and still do have high anxiety, times when i can't leave the house, can't work anymore and mostly try to spend each day being a supportive mom and trying to be peaceful so i don't set off symptoms. After all of these years, i have finally found a dr who Really listens to my problems and knows enough about a lot of things that he can draw direct lines from symptoms to real problems and therefore solutions. So I'm on a few medications that have taken my body a lot of time to adjust to (and still ) but I think this may really work- and for me to even have that glimmer of hope, that's A Lot!! So, if you've been diagnosed with Anxiety, Agoraphobia, General Anxiety and Depression, things like that and have existing pain and physical problems, ask your dr (psychiatrist, psychopharmacologist etc...) about Tegretol. Gee, lots of people when they hear about this (and i'm talking medical "professionals" freakout like that's a heavy duty med, well maybe I need it !! but it's really worth having the dr check out if it might work for you. I've got lots of problems, and they aren't cured, but if i can deal with my days without waking up wanting to jump into the river, then hey how is that so bad?! i'm having better days and people all around me (my family) can tell.
hello there. so i understand that you are a RN so is my mom and i'm about to go to school for that. now i was just wondering something, i went to my doctor because i was having panic attacks and she said that i have anxiety induced athsma, and i was wondering if that is uncommon?
i am 26 years old and have been living with anxiety since i was 14 years old and i am taking med for it but what do i do when they get really bad?
hey.
have you gone to the doctor lately? you should ask they to give you a anxiety inhalar, for days when you really are having trouble with your anxiety, i have one and it works so well!
hope this works
-kc

I have just joined this forum. I had depression about 7 years ago.  They put me on the dreaded Seroxat and then Citalopram.  I have been off all meds since April 2008 however am now suffering really bad anxiety attacks.  It is so good to know that there are others going through what I am going through.

Some days everything is fine but the bad days are really bad.  I hate the way the condition seems to affect my life and influence my decisions about what I do socially.  

Can I ask if anyone else suffers from dizziness. THere are times that I feel that I am going to faint.  Fingers crossed this has never happened but I just want to know if this is a common symptom of anxiety?
My mom is a RN. Dizziness can be common with anxiety, but if you are having more bad days than good days, you need to be re-evaluated by your doctor and may need a different medication. Some people need medications for their anxiety as well as depression, please seek help if symptoms continue.
Im new to this whole site. been on helpnet.com for about 3 months....... i dont know where id be if not.... my husband left me, never came home one day. I have bills and of cousre everything else to deal with. I did a divorce first. Did my own, had it checked by court faclitaor and then had the papers taken over to the sherrifs dept. He should of been served by now. Its been Monday the 27th, since i i did this... i get nervous talking about it.......... im doing so well on my meds for syntoms of bp, adhd, and alcohol baby. anyhow.... my tummy gets a feeling of lightening going thru it when i think of a glimps of us. Or when i might hear him crusing by in a car. uggg.
Looking for support with my nerves........ maybe i do need a glass of wine.
any erbs, or anything. yesterday i had it bad. i took a benadryl...... for severe colds.
if finally took place... but i dont really want to do more meds other then what im prescribed.Thanks for listening.

hello. I started having panic attacks aged 20 although thankfully I seem to be free of them now. They have eased up alot over the years from being 2-3 times a night to once in a blue moon  for which I am eternally grateful. I just wanted to leave a little message here to say they can get better in the hope that it might offfer a little support. Happy to chat to anyone if anyone wants to, as I really do understand what they feel like, and I know what its like to have someone not understand or dimiss how u feel.

xx
I'm so thankful i found you guys i honestly thought i was alone with the whole anixety issue! I can say i was 15 when it started my brother was murder. I got put on meds at that time then my mother took away from me after awhile but i always remember it would go and come as time past. In 2000 my oldest daughter had brain surgery for seizures and i was pregnant with my second daughter. Again it would go and come not as bad but In 2005 it hit hard after i had to take my daughter back to a children hospital out of town for her seizures again they had came back after 5 years of nothing. The doctor told me there was nothing they could do any more cause she was suppost to die or be a vegtable. So when i came home the anixety took my by supprise and i lost it for a week. It had got so bad i could not leave my house for nothing. It was a awful time and i really didnt think i was going to make it threw but i did i have come so far but yet i still have a long road ahead of me. I know the lord has blessed me and is right by my side holding my hand.I'm still dealing with the anixety i had got back on meds which i am greatful that there is something that does help. The part that hurts is no one really understands me and what i go threw daily. My family tries hard to understand im greatful for that but i know i still have a long way to get there. I just wanted to say thank you for this wounderful web site and for all the help i know you all will give me and if i can help you i am hear. i also find when i talk to some one when i'm havin an attack it goes by fast and it is not long so if you ever need to talk to some one just get at me. I'm here for you all thank you :)
Hi everybody.

I want to share few things with people that suffer from anxiety and depression. It helped me and might help you too.
i had anxiety order a year ago and it later escalated to depression as well. Had to take all these medications and see doctor all the time, took counseling etc.
Then i got MAD. It is not easy to get to the point where you actualy mad at anxiety like it is alive. But believe me if you when you get to that point its gone. I ll put it this way: anxiety is a bully, and it bullies you every day, bothering, and wont let you live, then one day you seay its enough, i ll stand in front of this bully and let him crush me, i m not afraid of him. And then the bully leaves and doesnt come back because he wants to bully you not to kill you. This sounds crazy, but worked for me. Now when i think of anxiety i smile because its funny i m not scared of it i FACED MY FEAR, AND IT WAS GONE.

Ever since that i did not take single pill or have any problems. I simply decided and said ANXIETY GO F..K YOURSELF I HAVE LIFE TO LIVE.

p.s. i know this is hard to get to, but its possible, i did it.  

I'm new here- my 1st post - but not new at all to anxiety.
I have been mad too..very mad, and I'm sick of it having this all y life (just about) if what you did worked it thrills me...but sometimes it just doesn't cut it for many like myself.
Good luck on this inner strength you have getting mad at this ugly disorder...youre using more of a self talk method and that's great..it is so helpful.
My best, Mimi
Honestly, i felt like i was F'N dying, i've always had a big problem with anxiety, it's hereditary, my biological was a nervous wreck, and my father was a violent depressive, it seems i've gotten pieces of both of those, and i haven't made it any better with the way i've lived my life and increased it for myself. I was naiive in thinking that you could control this, and at one point i could, now it's worsened to the point where i not only fear that i'll lose control of my mind, but i have begin to lose control of my body, don't know what's going on, my breathing, my vision, i can't sleep through the night, because when i lay down, i feel as if i'm moving or falling through the floor, i get these pulses in my brain that radiate throughout my body and take the form of pain and discomfort, i get occasional muscle spasms, and urges to rub my skin when nothing is wrong, i'm nauseated and disoriented to the point where i can't go to a movie because the images become overwhelming to my sight, i can't even drive more than 5 minutes without feeling like i'm going to faint, on top of that, my hair is greying and thinning in areas. I'm only 25 years old! I've been studying depression and anxiety my whole life, and nowhere in my mind did i think it could get this bad. I want to go see someone, but i don't even know where to start, or how they could possibly help me, there is no way to live happily like this.
thanks for the welcome there are some pretty smart people here just like me hopefully we can all get through this together or at least learn from one another.
I am so thankful to find this forum and thankful for all of you to post you're stories. i can relate to a lot of it. I was free of anxiety for 10 yrs and now its back again.I lost my father to cancer approx 1.5 yrs ago and my relationship with him was not good at all.I thought i was over it by now. This all came bout this June 4th after my eye exam....my eyes were dilated and it felt like they never returned to normal after that. It felt liek everything was still "starry" at night. I "too" went for an MRI with contrast and also an EEG which all cam back normal. I felt like crying, i was so happy, but some days are very bad and some days are OK. I am also not a beleiver in meds for this. Doc tried to put me on Celexa, and after the 2nd day on it, it made me feel like my face was sliding off my skull, and that I couldn't even find the words to carry on a simple conversation. Anyhow, I'm looking for any support groups here in Connecticut. Feel free to contact me via email, if I can help you relate.
Thanks everyone
Rich
I hope I have come to the right place.  I have never been diagnosed with anxiety persay.  However there are times that I break out in a cold sweat,  my pulse goes up to 140 and I can't think or do anything. I have figured out that I have alot of anxiety over the mess my house and life is in.  I am trying to simplify my life hoping it will decrease the frequency and intensity of anxiety that I develop.  Ilook at all the stuff that i should do but just can get the energy up to even start.  I have accumulated alot "stuff" and I need to let it go.  My physical difficulties dictate that I need to have less stuff to conserve my energy and my anxety.  If anyone has any suggestions on how and where to start ridding my life of stff please let me know.  Any suggestions on decreasing my anxiety that will be grat.  If I am in the wrong place to ask these questions please direction to the right place.
Hey everyone, I don't post very often but I just want to say thank you to all of you for posting and sharing your experiences on here.  I have struggled with panic and anxiety for a while now (first attack was a year and a half ago) but just recently I have felt so much better, and this is due, in no small part, to all of you.  By reading what you have been through I realised that I was not alone in what I was going through at anytime, and I was able to identify what I had to do to make myself better.
So thank you all, once again!
Hi everyone just looking for some positive stories of anxiety. I'm now 3 years suffering Morbid Post Traumatic stress with generalised anxiety disorder (say that with a mouth full of crackers) and am basically at the point of suicide came close last night only my girlfriend called me ah no I think I'm lying I would of chickened out but my mind is certainly gone that way I basically haven't slept in a few years and eating, driving, sleeping and even relaxing sets me off into an anxiety attack anything that leaves me with my thoughts too long or requires me to move from my comfort zone. On meds starting therapy next week. Any positive stories of things practically working out cause if one more person tells me that "I can do this" I think I'll scream cause nothing has got better and I think people over estimate how strong I am and after 3 years that doesn't really fill me with hope. I have absolutely destroyed my right knee five years ago so I can only walk short distances so excercising isn't something I can do all that much of.

Has anyone tried CBT?
Is there a way to reply to individual comment?
Hey Tefwebb.

I'm feeling the same I'm in a band and while everyone else loves rehearsing and can't wait to play my days are filled with racing thoughts cold sweats and fears of death I think about just blinking out of existence. I'm sorry I can't offer up much positives but I'm a 26 year old male who has been looking over this stuff for years so If you want we could maybe share the burden a bit and exchange some advice I have learned some ways of coping and I know this makes me sound like the worst in  the world but I'm glad someone else is like me I don't wish this on you but in a way I'm just glad I'm not the only one.
Sorry you missed my post letting folks know that this is just a "welcome to the forum" post and NOT where new threads are started.
Cut and paste your questions and concerns into a new thread, which you do by clicking on the yellow tab at the left hand corner which says "Post a Question." This will begin a new thread and will get people responding to your concerns. Put a title that fits the main theme of your post and then hit the green "Post Comment" tab at the bottom.
If you have any questions, please PM me by placing your mouse over my name, a box will pop up and click on the "send message" line. It will be a private message that only I can see, but we'll get you on the right track as far as posting here goes.
Glad you found us and we do want to help, but not many people read the "Welcome message" for new threads.
Peace
Greenlydia  
im soooo glad i came across this forum 2night! ive been suffering from anxiety 4 a few months now and im tryin to learn to cope with it, alot harder than i thought! it started with heart pulpitations and breathing trouble, i thought i was goin to have a heart attack.i use to drink alot of alcohol and found when i felt funny or strange the drink wud make me feel "normal again" but i began to think it may b the alcohol that caused the anxiety so ive cut rite down and barely drink now, just to see if it helped and it hasnt, i still get the shakes,feeling of wanting to faint,bad thoughts,eg, fear of dying,losing control,goin mad,nothing real ect..all my friends kno ive got it and they sympatise but i dont wana seem a drama queen when i go on about it! so its nice to share it with ppl who understand! just cant wait 4 the day that im free of it and feel "normal again!"
  Many Thanks!
   :-) x
I'm sorry that you missed the posts regarding posting in the "Welcome to the Forum" thread. You will not get any responses there, except mine. Please cut and paste your post into a new thread, which you do by clicking on the green Post A Question box at the very top of this page. Put a title on it with the basic topic of your post, i.e. "anxiety with meds" or "panic at night," or "question about Klonopin,"  something that will give all of us an idea of what help you need.
At the bottom of the screen, when you are done writing your post, there will be a box that says "send" or maybe it says "post," funny, I can't remember exactly what it says, but you'll figure it out that you need to push that so it will appear on the board. As soon as you do that, your post will appear in the first spot on the forum.
And please don't get disappointed if it takes a few hours or even a day for people to respond..............this place is a public forum and isn't "mannned" 24/7. People WILL respond in time, just keep checking back.
Peace
Greenlydia  
Its what such a relief to find this site and to know I am not alone with these constant thoughts that I am going to die suddenly, after giving birth to my son almost 2yrs ago my health have not been too good, just a lot of aches and pain, had a biopsy done a month ago but just feeling like I forgot what it feels like to have energy and enjoy my day cause everyday I have some pain to deal with and in my head i tell myself may be I am dying and they just not finding whats wrong, today was ok I prayed so much till I felt better but gradually it coming back on, why are these thoughts in my head??
Please read the post that explains how to post on the forum. The title is "How to post on the fourm" and has my picture..........the green witch on it. :)
Posting in the Welcome message will net you virtually no responses and we don't want that.
I'll be looking for your new post soon! Just cut and paste it into a new post, hit "post comment" and you'll be at the top of the page!
Peace
Greenlydia

by greenlydia, Nov 03, 2009 06:44PM
[delete]
To: NoelieboatsSorry you missed my post letting folks know that this is just a "welcome to the forum" post and NOT where new threads are started.
Peace
Greenlydia  
by greenlydia, 2 minutes ago
[delete]
To: cseemungalPlease read the post that explains how to post on the forum. The title is "To All New Posters," and has my picture..........the green witch on it. :)
Peace
Greenlydia
Hello All,

I am new to the forums but not new to the whole anxiety thing. I was anxious as a small child (told I was sickly) anxious as a teen (no brainer on being told I was a moody, high maintenance teen) and still anxious as an adult. Recently it's become worse and the meds that had been helping all of a sudden quit. Oh the joy. So I am currently under going med changes which make me such a ray of sunshine that my hubby and everyone else is having a hard time being around me (which is understandable since I don't want to be around me either). The question of the day from me to any who care to answer is what is the best med combo that worked for you long term? Currently they have me on Buspar 30mg x 2 daily, Remeron 15mg at bedtime and Vistaril 25 mg 1-2 ar bedtime. I am sleeping better at night but the Buspar is not seeming to be very effective during the day (I am still battling almost constant panic attacks). Any input is great here.
Nice to know I am not the only high maintenance, omg am I crazy person out here!
Thanks!
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to say hi!
I believe that this forum can be a big help for people that have anxiety problems.
Thanks!
thanx for the wee welcome,im so new to this forum,and it does help me,that people understand me,and c my illness,so thank u x
Hi joanna and welcome to the forum! I'm glad you found us, but one small detail........
Posting on the "Welcome" message will get your post read only by the CL's (usually) The next time you write, please hit the green box that says "Post A Question." That will open a box for you to post your quesiton. In the "subject" line, write the main subject of your post such as "Worried about____________________" and fill in the blank with your concern very briefly. Move down to the "message" box and this is where you should write out your question in detail. Please be sure to include as much information as you can so we can help you. Once you have finished writing your post, click on the "send" tab at the lower right hand corner and that will get your post on the forum in the #1 spot. If you think of something later that you wish you had added to your origianl post, please do not begin a new thread. That gets too confusing. Simply click on the title of the post you've already written and scroll down to the blank box that says "Post Comment" and add whatever else you would like us to know. That keeps everything in one thread and easier for the rest of us to follow.
Hope to see you on the forum!
Peace
Greenlydia
Hi, I am a 22 year old male and i believe I am suffering from anxiety and have been to the doctor once when i had an elevated heart rate and didnt know why. He said there was nothing wrong and nothing about an anxiety disorder was mentioned but I now believe that's what it is. I have headaches only on my right side and i overall dont feel right. In addition to the headaches only on the right side I also have just a general dicomfort on only the right side of my abdomen and the right side of my chest often feels off too...as well as my right leg and right arm often dont feel right....I've been doing a lot of reading and found that the headaches can happen just one one side...but not much on the rest of the body...Does this happen with anxiety or should I be going back to the doctor?
Please read my post regarding posting on the "Welcome Message." Sorry it wasn't at the top....................we are such a busy forum that it got pushed down the thread list too fast! Please repost again!
Greenlydia
Hi All,

I am a 35yr female who has suffered from some degree of anxiety and ocd most of my life.But I have always been very healthy otherwise.About a year ago out of the blue I started to suffer from major neurological issues and migraines with aura. Neurologist suspected MS .I have since had every tests known to man and all were normal except low vitamin D and spots/lesions on brain mri.I rarely ever feel normal. No one can tell me what happened to cause all this to begin with.
I now am in a constant state of worry about if I am going to get a migraine or have other issues. I have been given preventitive migraine meds but I am hesitant to take them due to my anxiety about having a reaction to them. I have a bad track record with medication. Also my husband and I are trying to become pregnant. I am just in a constant state of pretty much freaking out all the time. I have also started to have panic attacks over the last year.I have IBS aswell...I am truely just a mess and have no idea how to deal with what I have become.....Sorry to ramble.....
Take Care, Theresa
Please re-post this so it will be on the general forum rather than in the "Welcome" message. Nobody answers the posts in there. So just cut and paste your quesiton into a new thread and it will be first in line.
If you have any questions, just PM me and I'll walk you through it. PM me by placing your mouse over my name and a box will pop up that says "Leave a Message."
Thanks, Toots!
Peace
Greenlydia
hi everyone ,
smerfd here, just wanted to say hi
Hi yourself and welcome to the forum! One little FYI. If and when you want to post on here again, open a new post by hitting the green "Post a Question" tab and that will open a new thread for you. This is just the welcome message and no one really responds to questions or comments left here.
Do hope we see you on the forum!
Peace
Greenlydia
and EVERYBODY to read too;))

i can relate to you, HAZDI, because my case is just the same.
i always have these bad thoughts, afraid of failure and things, because now i'm in college, and i had this attack, caused by hyperventilation syndrome. as what my doctor said.
so, i checked it out in the internet and found a lot of ppl is going through the same thing. at one point, they had enough and mad at themselves for not doing better and getting more positive,. so, what they did was chasing the bad thoughts away!
telling the anxiety to STOP BULLYING them and yeah, it worked for them plus they bought a book written by a doctor; sorry i can't remember and couldn't retrieve back the website.(you guys can download it online),blue cover.
but seriously if u guys do wanna get better, help yourself first before opting for any meds because believe me, u CAN change yourself, (because u will live ur lives with those pills and clearly no one wants that to happen)
POSITIVE thinking and CONFIDENCE are the keys!
i have my mom supporting me and if u guys are not careful, it might get worse and LEARN how to CONTROL yourself, and u WILL BE okayy!!!!;D
hi i am a 24 yr old male im over weight and suffered my first panic 1 month ago, my anxiety symptoms comes and goes but recently i had thoughts that i am going to die followed by skipped beats of the heart i already have been checked many times ecg blood works even had my heart ultrasound everything is ok its just these thoughts that are bothering me i have already booked an appointment for therapy and i wish it could help i also want some personal stories or if there are other people who have experienced this because i feel that i am the only one feeling this and going crazy already thanks guys and im looking forward to your stories :)
hi there, i think u have read hadzi's post.
he had the same thing u gone through; anxiety.
i have it too, my doctor checked my heart and said i there's nothing wrong and don't have to worry about it.
i experienced the same thing, real fast heartbeats and numb all over my body, huh, horrible it was.
my doctor just advised me to keep myself positive, do not think too much about small things, and  yeah, stop the anxiety from BULLYING u! just like what hadzi did.
i totally agree with him;))
just by controlling what u think and u SHOULD think,
just remember,and think, what benefits do you get by thinking too hard or worrying about something that is not even worth getting a headache for??
that's what my mother told me:)
i'm in college and i am stressed over exams, and so it is even harder to control,but just keep in mind,
it is all about YOU controlling it !;D
control what u think, and not your feelings control u, k:)
tell it to go away!
shuhhh anxiety!;D....and relax your mind from unnecessary things.
when u KNOW what u are thinking are small matters, just chase those thoughts away, it's hard, but u will get over it ya;))
WE ARE THE ONES WHO CONTROL OUR THOUGHTS AND FEELINGS;D
i always think this, and it is working.
Please repost your questions and comments by opening a new thread by clicking on the green "Post A Question" tab at the upper left of this screen. Postings in the "Welcome Message" will not get your post onto the main board where people will begin to respond.
Thanks and sorry for the confusion.
Peace
Greenlydia
I think facing your fear just like that increases anxiety. okay i am not male i am female but i have worse conditions. my first anxiety started when i was like 15/16 but i have high blood pressures and headaches since i turned 13. i am extremely terrified getting close to people and just like you said facing my fear doesn't really help. when i face the claustrophobic closeness with people, my symptoms get worse. I have OCD also, i cant stand being me all the time so i create characters so i can be them. and when i am starting to be be i start all the mood swings and depressing thought's. i have talked to doctor and the did prescribed me some of the antibiotics but i had serious reactions so they cut back on them. I've been to hospitals but no real result. I've been home lately i dont go out. i am on vitamins and herbs it improved my condition a little. i try to go to gym but i am still lookin forward to talking with some specialist. when i face my fears i get violent. so i take it easy. one step at a time and not like 100 step at a time. work on myself a bit long and i will improve on my own.
Need Help!  Does anyone every feel like their anxiety is burning or being poked by thousands of needles.  It is so painful.  Ativan doesn't help anymore so would like to get off of it so that my body will readjust but I am so fearful of more pain.
Please post your questions to the forum and not in the "Welcome" message. No one will respond to them here. Please cut and paste them into a new post.
Greenlydia  
I dont know if im in the right place right now, but i was just wondering what kind of physical exam doctors do regarding anxiety. Thankyou
i read your blog i have the same problem i have body anxiouty , i think every little wierd thing that my body dose is gonna kill me .. listen to me tho, i went for help i was told alot of things and one thing helped me greatly, you know when your having anxiouty or attacks you feel like your going to die ,? well i was told its actually the oppisite the body speeds up to protect it self from our negative thinking when we think our heart is going to exspoled from the chest tighning it speeds up because the brain thinks it has to protect it .you have to possitve talk yourself down ,, stress, depressetion, lack of sleep can and will do alot of things to your body . and also some meds will make you feel weird also.. and here is another thing to remember my doctor told me he said there is no one a live who is crazy and knows it !!! we are not crazy we just fear the unknowen from some tragity in our life most is subconsious . and some you know . and some foods also can cause things to alergys to food .. well i hope this helped i would love to stay in touch and maybe talk and help eachother out i know how it feels not to be able to really be able to turn to people who dont have this because i feel you have to go threw this to understand it completely because it is scary!!
Hey i love the forum i hope it can help i just wanted to say hello and hopefully i can get some help from you guys. Cause i really need it right now, and i don't know where else to turn to.
Please don't post in the "Welcome" thread. Your questions and concerns will be mostly ignored as most people don't bother to read it. Instead, begin your own thread by clicking on the green "Post a Question" bar which will open a window for you to write in. Putting in a specific TITLE for your thread is very important so that people will know immediately what your concern is. Examples would be "Can't sleep due to anxiety," "Scared of weird head feelings," "Is this normal for panic attacks?" Something like that. And please give us as much information as possible...........we don't need an epic tome of your life, but if you are wondering about a specific side effect of a medication, please be sure to tell us that you're also taking X,Y & Z along with it. The dosage is also important as is the length of time you've been on it. Any pertinent medical conditions you have help us to understand you better, enable us to answer your question more completely. Your age and your sex also is information that can help us. Please fill out your profile as completely as possible.
I know getting use to the workings of an unfamiliar forum can be confusing, but you'll soon get the hang of it. I just want to make sure your questions get in front of our posters so they can respond.
It would be great if you went back and cut and pasted your post into your own thread.
You came here for help and we want to give that to you, but your question will probably be ignored unless it's on the board.
If you have any questions, go to any post with my name, or cjs or nursegirls and open it. Scroll down until you come to our name and hover your mouse over our name. That will open a box and one of the options will be "Send a Message." That is called a "PM," or private message and will arrive in my home email. I will be able to get to you sooner regarding your question about getting on the forum.
Thanks so much and welcome to the forum!
Peace
Greenlydia  
Hi all!!
Been watching this forum for quite a while now.  Dealing with my anxiety for over 20 years on my own, but I finally went to the doc for it yesterday.  Finally!  I have always prided in my independence and insisted that I could take anything on, but I just couldn't handle the anxiety on my own anymore.  Found myself drinking more than normal.  IBS was out of control.  Facial tingling like crazy.  So relieved to have finally done something about it.  I think seeing that there are so many people out there going through the same thing made me not feel like such a wacko!!  Anyway, doc put me on 5mg Lexapro.  Definitely feel a difference.  Little tired, hoping my body will get used to it.  Anyone have any feedback bout it?  Hope everyone is having a great day!
I am soooo glad I found this forum!!!  
hi all,
I have been posting and following this forum for a little while now. I am a 34 yr old female who has been dealing with anxiety and depression for around 9 years. I realize now though that I have actually been experiencing depression symptoms since I was young. My symptoms increased once I went to college and was away from my parents house. I think it was because I finally felt safe to "feel".  My symptoms have been increasing lately. I look forward to posting more questions and offering any support I can.
Kellie
Hello All,
I'm diagnosed with GAD. I have always been wound up tight, but I used it as motivate to get things done until I hit my thirties. I broke down (old days it was called nervous breakdown) and had no coping skills what so ever. Long story short, several months ago I experienced several health scares which flew me into panic and from then on I've been a wreck. I'm currently on Celexa 20mg and Remeron 45 mg. I also take Klonopin off and on (.25mg). I hope to drop the Celexa soon as it did not help in the beginning. I don't know which one is working, but I know the Celexa did not. So we'll see when I start weaning off of it next month. The (Remeron has me sleeping like a baby now days)  Anyway, I'm glad to be here to help support any way I can. I know GAD is terrible, but it is treatable!
I can't stop having severe anxiety attacks. When i wake up in the morning, i have a severe attack. shaking, muscle spasms, the overwhelming need to tense all my muscles or hit a punching bag over and over and scream and cry. Gah, the crying. I cry all the time. I will take a 1mg Ativan in the morning as soon as i get up, which takes forever to kick in - leaving a full hour - half hour of this shaking and felling out of my mind.

I'll get to work at 8 and just pass out asleep - the medicine just knocks me out cold. So far no one has caught me yet. But i'll wake up and just start crying again. I'll go to lunch with my mom who will try to talk to me and calm me down, then go back to work where i have another break down of shaking and tensing muscles and crying uncontrollably. All i want during those moments if for someone to sit there and talk to me or hold me and of course no one is there.

About mid-afternoon to evening when i get off work and am back at home with my mom do i feel somewhat normal. zoned a little, but not as out of my mind.

Right now they have me on Pristiq. im 4 days into taking it. And the Adivan 3 times a day as needed. I dont know what to do. Im terrified of everything. Im terrified of being alone, of being forgotten, of being a burden, of making a mistake, or meeting new people, of taking a risk, of everything in my old life suddenly changing and havng that rug ripped out from under me - something i just can't get back. Im afraid of change, of not being in control. Im afriad no one will ever want me.

And all i can do is just sit here in my office 8 hours a day thinking about all of this, not knowing what to do and just wanting it to stop so badly. I dont get to see the Psychiatrist until next week, and then i'll start on weekly sessions. But that doesn't help me now. Im just a very shattered person and i need someone to help me please. Please.
if any body has anxiety problem because of acid reflux. if they will eat lot of water melon at night then they can sleep well at night for 2 hour. if attack will start again after two hour take more water melon.
wow thanks for the welcome. :) well i just joined medhelp, so im kinda new to all of this, ive had depression since i was 8,i was diagnosed with a panic disorder when i was 12 and now im 16, :), it feels nice to have people who care about my problems and once again thanks for the amazing welcome.  
I'm at a loss as well.  I woke up 3 weeks ago with a pain behind my right eye and didn't think much of it.  Gradually, throughout the next few days, I experienced dizziness and severe headache which moved from eye to eye, temple to temple, and slight pain in the ears. I saw a general practitioner and he thought it was something with my sinuses although I have had no nasal congestion nor post nasal drip.  He ended up prescribing me zythromax antibiotic, over the counter mucinex-D, and another OTC allergy med.  This really did nothing that I can recall other than perhaps take away some of my fatigue.  A week later, still with the original symptoms, I saw an ENT who cleaned my wax-packed ears out and prescribed me Omnicef antibiotic and OTC afrin which I have been on for 9 days now and have not experienced any improvement.  I have experienced severe headaches however, and the disequilibrium brain fog is still very present.  A couple of nights ago, I was very anxious about my condition and other life stress and had what I think was a panic attack as I awoke from my recent sleep and thought the room was closing in on me and had to get up and pace around until it calmed down after 20 minutes. I don't know if the medicine is doing this or a combination of things.  The bottom line is I still have these horrible headaches throughout my head accompanied by a brain fog, disequilibrium and dizziness now for 3 weeks.  I have been missing work due to this and I am usually one to work through pain and sickness.  Anxiety may be exacerbating my symptoms but I need to get to the root of this.  I'm seeing another doc tomorrow.  I'm a 35 year old male in good physical shape. I worked out 4x/wk. every week before this cursed thing has happened.   The symptoms seem be worse in the afternoon.  Any help would be so very greatly appreciated.  God speed to all of you...
Welcome everyone to the Anxiety forum!  Unfortunately, posting your concerns/questions in the Welcome thread isn't likely to generate a lot of responses for you, as the members do not regularly read and reply to questions here.

Go back to the main Anxiety Forum page and click on "Post a Question", should be located in the top left of your screen, underneath the description of the forum. Then, choose an appropriate title for your thread, so that people can decide at a glance if it is something they could address.  Examples for titles would be..."New on Paxil, have question about side effects"...or "Panic attacks at night, new to anxiety".  Those kinds of things....try to choose a title that is descriptive so that we can know just by reading it what your concerns are.

Welcome to the forum...we're glad you found us and hope we can help you!  Wishing you peace in your day.

Your Anxiety Forum co-Community Leaders:

Nursegirl6572
Greenlydia
CJ29
How exactly do you describe an anxiety attack?

Like for example:

A few months ago, I was home alone and a little bit nervous.  I always feel nervous when home alone.  I have the T.V on and the lights on, well the electrician people came to look at something outside of our house or a sewer guy, can't remember which.  I saw their truck pull in and immediately..freaked.  I turned off the lights and the T.V and hide behind the couch for 10 minutes...Is that an attack?  I don't really quite understand.
thanks for the welcome
Hello: This is my first time at this place and I have had problems with anxiety at times for quite a few years now, since military service when it started. First I used alcohol, and that worked well for a while, then I finally was diagnosed with anxiety about five years ago and was prescribed Xanax, then Ativan, then Clonazepam, and now a combo of Gabapentin and Trazodone. Am taking only the last two and nothing else. Quit the benzos a few days ago and feel fine. Taking the Gaba tabs each 300 mg, two to three tabs per day, and at night take two to three Trazodone tabs at 50 mg each. But this has only been for the past few days. My question is: will I have rebound anxiety due to discontinuation of benzos after taking them fairly regularly for the past two or three years? So far so good with the Gaba and Traz. The Traz is an incredibly effective sleep aid! The Gaba seems effective but it's early yet. Does this early effectiveness mean this combo is really working against the withdawal effects and the long-term anxiety? I know the question is a tough one to answer accurately, but just wanted to get some type of idea for myself. The V.A. psychiatrist who prescribed these last week said no more benzos, and these will work well, she said. But then she said to get an EKG done very soon and a blood test. So this makes me wonder!
Thanks.
Hi.  I'm Sammie.. I really hope this site can help me... I have had Panic Disorder since I was 17.  I am supposed to take Klonopin three times a day.. I only take it as needed but now I have this cough.. I like make myself cough.. IDK my DR thinks it's because I am not taking my "meds" religiously and that I should and I would stop making myself cough... Thoughts?
I have bad anxiety. I feel alot of symptoms im constantly in fear of dying. I had an mri done it showed an abnormality in my brain. They said it could be anything from hypoglycemia to ms. Today i went to the hospital cuz i felt faint and my blood sugar was 57. Normal blood sugar is supposed to be 100. So im starting to think its hypoglycemia. But i also think i have a nerve damage or something. I feel all kinds of electric shock feelings all over my body tingling prickling. cold hot sensations. burning sensations..balance issues. sleep issues trembling...etc etc. help!!!!!!!!
- http://www.non-benzodiazepines.org.uk/clonazepam.html

look at this website this is to get off klonopin takes years. I am on klonopin three times a day 2m/g and zanax 2m/g twice a day. Wishing I never saw this phyc who just seems to write prescriptions and thats it. I have been on them for so long but want to get off I hope that what ur phyc gave u will work go to that site it tells you how long the klonopin stays in ur system I think its 72 hours before u star withdrawing. Goodluck
Hi everyone!  How nice that there is a website that UNDERSTANDS how hard it is to control your own fear/anxiety/heart rythm sometimes!  I have been struggling with anxiety for about a year... my job is REALLY stressful but I'll be stuck there till the economy improves.  I have anxiety attacks (heart palps, sense of fear, moodiness) EVERY night at 8:30 sharp.  These anxiety demons just wont' leave me alone!  It's nice to know there are others who understand and won't judge.
Wow what a great site and forum ! It's nice to see a place where everybody seems to genuinely understand each others problems, ofc it helps that we are sort of going through the same thing. Me personally, I'm struggling with OCD (officially diagonised) and thoughts/behavious that fall under GAD too.

Anyway, I'm glad we can all support each other here.
Thank you.
I took Abilify and now have a condition they call Tardive Dyskinesia, a severe nerve disorder that may well be permanent. I can barely walk, my tongue never stops moving.  I get body cramps, have tremors, my jaw clenches, I get hot flashes and cold sweats.  I recommend you STOP taking the Abilify or you could end up crippled like me!
hi  im new to all this but last week i suffered from a 2nd panic attack n 6 days later the horrible thoughts n feelings have only just slowley going iam on 10mg of citralopram  on my 6th day i was so scared i felt like i wasnt in control of my mind can u tell me owt else xkim
okay, so nobody will care probably but it still feels nice to get it off my chest. I'm 14 years old. I have social anxiety and I suffer with clinical depression. If I tell my friends I know they don't give a crap. but that's fine, ya know, people have to deal with their own problems, I understand. so, I usually keep it to myself. my social anxiety is pretty bad I assume. I'm afraid to talk to my aunt and uncle. my grandpa and I'm shy around my grandma. I'm afraid to talk to my cousin and great aunt. we all live really close by so we see each other a lot. I am absolutely terrified to talk to the people at my school. I would rather die than talk out I'm front of the class (not exaggering) I deleted my Facebook because I wouldn't post anything and I didn't want people seeing my photos. I didn't chat with anyone. I also deleted my Instagram. I have a tumblr because 1.) I don't follow anyone I know and 2.) it's not my original stuff. I reblog other people's things (if you have a tumblr you'd understand) it's really hard to deal with, being 14. I'm terrified that people would judge me. I had blonde hair with bangs that were side swooped in my face and wore band shirts (I like pop-punk and some screamo music) and aparently, that was considered "emo" so I changed my bangs out of my face and dyed my hair brown. I stopped wearing band shirts and I stopped wearing converse. I didn't get to express myself because I thought people didn't like it. and I shouldn't give a crap about what people think but I can't. my anxiety won't let me. feel free to comment. sorry for writing so much but that's my story
You need to copy/paste your post into a new thread hon.
I have had these attacks since I was in my 20s. Mine are always related to emotional stress, that leads to lack of consistent sleep. I then begging having episodes of suddenly feeling as if I've entered a dream , they are always a consistent theme or feeling. Sometimes I smell a odor  that I smell inside , so I can't stay inside, or I feel as if I'm reliving an event that's steady happened. Other times it's as if I've stepped out of reality , the episodes don't last long , maybe 5 minutes , but sometimes I'll have several episodes a day. Once I get enough sleep and deal with the stress these go away, I can go months without a problem.
Please start a new thread.  Thanks!
10356 commented on photo
45 mins ago
10356 commented on The Old Stop/Start
dm3410 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...