Aa
A
A
Close
1305418 tn?1273170283
What can i use as added help with my Effexor?
I have been on Effexor a couple of years now and although it has helped me in daily life with my anxiety i still have panic attacks!!My doctor prescribed me nadolol which just makes me tired and stoned quite frankly lol.Any suggestions on any other meds for panic attacks??I read that Buspirone has worked for some people as well as Ativan.Many thanks:)
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Welcome to the Community!

With regard to your query, I would speak with your PCP and/or the physician who is prescribing the Effexor.  Tell him or her that you are experiencing unwanted side-effects from the nadolol.  This particular drug is a selective beta blocker used in the treatment of high blood pressure, migraine headaches, and chest pain.  However, having said that, I do not know your full history and therefore would defer to your physician/s.

BuSpar is used primarily as an anxiolytic, but also to a lesser extent as an antidepressant.  It is also prescribed to aid patients who wish to quit smoking.

Hope this information is of assistance to you.

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
1305418 tn?1273170283
Thanks Brenndy!!Well i should probably quit smoking too so maybe BuSpar is the aswer! lol. I read that this lady was prescribed Buspirone to help her Effexor be more effective.I will have to look up anxiolytic :) Thanks for your interest!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
973741 tn?1342346373
Blank
specialmom commented on Green Tea and Green T...
5 hrs ago
Blank
Dr Hook
7 hrs ago by AnxiousNoMore
Blank
Paxiled commented on Green Tea and Green T...
8 hrs ago
Blank
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms
Start Tracking Now
Top Anxiety Answerers
Blank
Arlington, VA
Blank
MI
675718 tn?1449992146
Blank