Anxiety Community
What can i use as added help with my Effexor?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

I have been on Effexor a couple of years now and although it has helped me in daily life with my anxiety i still have panic attacks!!My doctor prescribed me nadolol which just makes me tired and stoned quite frankly lol.Any suggestions on any other meds for panic attacks??I read that Buspirone has worked for some people as well as Ativan.Many thanks:)
Welcome to the Community!

With regard to your query, I would speak with your PCP and/or the physician who is prescribing the Effexor.  Tell him or her that you are experiencing unwanted side-effects from the nadolol.  This particular drug is a selective beta blocker used in the treatment of high blood pressure, migraine headaches, and chest pain.  However, having said that, I do not know your full history and therefore would defer to your physician/s.

BuSpar is used primarily as an anxiolytic, but also to a lesser extent as an antidepressant.  It is also prescribed to aid patients who wish to quit smoking.

Hope this information is of assistance to you.

Thanks Brenndy!!Well i should probably quit smoking too so maybe BuSpar is the aswer! lol. I read that this lady was prescribed Buspirone to help her Effexor be more effective.I will have to look up anxiolytic :) Thanks for your interest!
Nighthawk61 commented on That beautiful illusi...
46 mins ago
Nighthawk61 commented on A bad habit is a bad ...
1 hr ago
refills Recovery is a Process. It T... Comment