Anxiety Community
What do you do to calm yourself?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

What do you do to calm yourself?

Grr I had a great 2 days and I thought I was doing good, it's back this afternoon!! I just can't stand it!!!! Question: what things do you do to calm the anxiety and get it off your mind? I'll try anything!! I can't stop thinking about it now :(
Tags: Anxiety, Panic Attack, help
What happen today honey? I was just watching a show an some people were talking about Obama bad an i got short of breath bad.. Idk why
Hey I'm not sure why? It just pops up out of the blue!! And that's terrible I hope your feeling ok now? I think I better go find something to do instead of sitting on the Internet on my phone, I think when I'm resting that makes it pop up? But when I'm busy I feel okay... I hate anxiety :( really ***** hey! Wish I could be out partying with my friends but of course I'm home with miserable anxiety :(:( literally ruining everything
I know how you feel!  I basically never left my house for the past year unless it was for work, groceries, or the doctor.  It's a miserable way to live.  Are you on any medication?  The best thing I have found to do while feeling really anxious...and this is going to sound dumb, but it was recommended by a therapist....is to color for a half hour or so in a coloring book.  Give it a try...it usually helped me enough to calm down on my really bad days.
read, watch a funny show/movie...  occupy your mind
Thanks I suggested that idea to my fiancée and he is going up the street to get me a colouring book and pencils! Lol hopefully it helps when I'm feeling really bad
I hope so, too.  It was the one thing that diverted my attention to something else.  I would usually start my morning out doing that for a half hour.  The other thing that really helped me was to take a long bath.  I'd turn out the lights, light some candles, and if I was really having a hard time trying to distract my mind, I'd bring my laptop in the bathroom with me and watch an episode of a good TV show.  I realize it sounds strange, but when you're really anxious you find what works for you and you go with it.  
specialmom, and melimeli commented on melimeli's status
5 mins ago
melimeli So I've lost 28 lbs :) Comment
43 mins ago
TinaR10 commented on photo