Anxiety Community
What do you do to calm yourself?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

What do you do to calm yourself?

Grr I had a great 2 days and I thought I was doing good, it's back this afternoon!! I just can't stand it!!!! Question: what things do you do to calm the anxiety and get it off your mind? I'll try anything!! I can't stop thinking about it now :(
Tags: Anxiety, Panic Attack, help
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
2035404_tn?1382849589
What happen today honey? I was just watching a show an some people were talking about Obama bad an i got short of breath bad.. Idk why
Blank
Hey I'm not sure why? It just pops up out of the blue!! And that's terrible I hope your feeling ok now? I think I better go find something to do instead of sitting on the Internet on my phone, I think when I'm resting that makes it pop up? But when I'm busy I feel okay... I hate anxiety :( really ***** hey! Wish I could be out partying with my friends but of course I'm home with miserable anxiety :(:( literally ruining everything
Blank
I know how you feel!  I basically never left my house for the past year unless it was for work, groceries, or the doctor.  It's a miserable way to live.  Are you on any medication?  The best thing I have found to do while feeling really anxious...and this is going to sound dumb, but it was recommended by a therapist....is to color for a half hour or so in a coloring book.  Give it a try...it usually helped me enough to calm down on my really bad days.
Blank
read, watch a funny show/movie...  occupy your mind
Blank
Thanks I suggested that idea to my fiancée and he is going up the street to get me a colouring book and pencils! Lol hopefully it helps when I'm feeling really bad
Blank
I hope so, too.  It was the one thing that diverted my attention to something else.  I would usually start my morning out doing that for a half hour.  The other thing that really helped me was to take a long bath.  I'd turn out the lights, light some candles, and if I was really having a hard time trying to distract my mind, I'd bring my laptop in the bathroom with me and watch an episode of a good TV show.  I realize it sounds strange, but when you're really anxious you find what works for you and you go with it.  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
973741_tn?1342346373
Blank
specialmom, and melimeli commented on melimeli's status
5 mins ago
296076_tn?1371338074
Blank
melimeli So I've lost 28 lbs :) Comment
43 mins ago