Anxiety Community
What do you do when you're restless?

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

What do you do when you're restless?

Just a general sort of question; how do you cope with restlessness? You know, those times you can't sit still, everything is all wrong, you'd be bored on a rollercoaster. During those times it's hard to get involved in your usual hobbies, so how do you cope?
For me, I either go for a run or actually read a book.  I know they are both on different sides of the spectrum, but I actually find if I have trouble doing one, I quite often can do the other.  However, people cope in different ways.  Do you know what is causing your restlessness?  If you do, you may be able to confront to root cause of it, in my opinion.  
I agree with cj, this is a great time to do something you normally would enjoy.  Even if you don't feel interested, push yourself to do something.  I have to do something physical, either a long walk, or a romp in the yard with my dogs. CJ also suggested that you figure out what is causing this restlessness, I also feel this is important to do.
Take care.
mishymoshymarcy Its going to be fine. Comment
1 hr ago
moonpiebaby commented on moonpiebaby's status
moonpiebaby 30 days out from getting th... Comment
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms