Anxiety Community
What do you do when you're restless?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

What do you do when you're restless?

Just a general sort of question; how do you cope with restlessness? You know, those times you can't sit still, everything is all wrong, you'd be bored on a rollercoaster. During those times it's hard to get involved in your usual hobbies, so how do you cope?
For me, I either go for a run or actually read a book.  I know they are both on different sides of the spectrum, but I actually find if I have trouble doing one, I quite often can do the other.  However, people cope in different ways.  Do you know what is causing your restlessness?  If you do, you may be able to confront to root cause of it, in my opinion.  
I agree with cj, this is a great time to do something you normally would enjoy.  Even if you don't feel interested, push yourself to do something.  I have to do something physical, either a long walk, or a romp in the yard with my dogs. CJ also suggested that you figure out what is causing this restlessness, I also feel this is important to do.
Take care.
Meganann123 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
jedsie commented on Why You Might Have A ...
OncecleanNserene commented on Tramadol & Ultram...